Build That Lure (Week 5: CM Reuniclus) (Voting Stage!)

I would vote for it, if it had Explosion but he listed Rock Blast which is a medicore choice on Cloyster, imo. Explosion helps you to lure Pokemon such as Alomomola, Suicune, Slowking or bulky waters in general which tend to try to take on Cloyster Explosion kills all these mons with a Life Orb +2 Explosion making the way free for HC Aerodactyl but yeah Rock Blast.. So MixMeta is kind of the best lure here.

Threw

cohiba
The winner of Week 1 is YABO!

This week's threat:

DD Haxorus

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Submissions end August 10th

warzoid

I have several gelatinous friends
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SpA / 216 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Fire Blast
- Toxic / Pursuit / Roost

This lure set probably pairs best with Slurpuff, but it works with Haxorus as well. Fire Blast lets Aero lure Forretress along with some other steels such as Doublade and Shuca Cobalion/Metagross. Toxic can be used in the last slot to wear down Cresselia and Porygon-2 for Haxorus, but the more standard options of Pursuit or Roost are also good choices.
40 SpA Mega Aerodactyl Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Forretress: 376-444 (106.2 - 125.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
40 SpA Mega Aerodactyl Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cobalion: 164-194 (50.6 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
40 SpA Mega Aerodactyl Fire Blast vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 144-170 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 87.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
40 SpA Mega Aerodactyl Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 136-162 (45 - 53.6%) -- 90.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Dark types share checks with dragons, like fairies or bulky steels so i think a dark type wallbreaker will make a good teammate to aid Haxorus in its sweep.

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Sludge Wave
- Aqua Jet

Not the most original lure i know lol. But it will inevitably weaken stuff like physical walls, or bulky steels like Aggron, shuca Cobalion, and more importantly it lures and beats Whimsicott (and Chesnaught) with Sludge Wave which kinda makes Haxorus useless because Poison Jab is not the most spammable move ever... It's a pretty important target imo considering how much of a bitch a Whimsicott can be to Hyper Offense, where you'll be using Haxorus most of the time.

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 192 Atk / 92 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Iron Tail
- Fire Blast
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Absol is a dangerous attacker w/ a wide movepool which allows it to lure lots of common checks between Haxorus and itself. The first things that come to mind are bulky steel types, fairy types, and bulky eviolite users such as Gligar or Porygon2. This set allows it to lure and KO most of these checks, while still retaining its original place as a strong offensive dark type. The spread allows it to OHKO offensive sylveon with Iron Tail while creeping Tornadus, because the only thing that shares its speed tier is Azelf, which it can pick off with Sucker Punch. It threatens bulky Psychic types like Metagross and Cresselia which helps with Haxorus' sweep.

192 Atk Mega Absol Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 220-260 (55.8 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
192 Atk Mega Absol Iron Tail vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 332-392 (100.3 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
100 SpA Mega Absol Fire Blast vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 222-262 (69.5 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
100 SpA Mega Absol Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cobalion: 256-302 (79 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
100 SpA Mega Absol Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Forretress: 384-456 (108.4 - 128.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO/hide

PDT

All three work but I think Absol-Mega is a bit better than Aero-Mega and Crawdaunt for this roll. Compared to Aero they both lure steels p well but Absol brings knock off utility to the table which I feel is really nice to take lefties and thus take advantage of all the switches Absol and Hax can force and really wear down fat cores a lot quicker. Absol also has more potential to lure Chesnaught (who switches Chesnaught into Aero?)

Crawdaunt also works to fulfill this roll but I don't like Sludge Wave. You don't beat Chesnaught reliably, for one, since spdef isn't even close to 2HKO'd. I would have been more inclined to vote for Crawdaunt if it had Aerial Ace in that slot since that actually lures and kills Chesnaught reliably and poison coverage is a bit gross here because Hax already has poison coverage and Sludge Wave is so weak it doesn't even bop fairies anyways. Knock Off literally does more to Florges and Sylv so I actually don't even know what Sludge Wave is supposed to hit besides, like, Whimsicott which is also lured by Absol and is barely a Hax check in the first place since it dies to pjab.

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Not a vote just want to report Threw for bullying me ;-;

(this is a joke)

Also can I vote 4 myself I want to win

>pinkdragonerd

Last edited:

warzoid

I have several gelatinous friends
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I vote PDT, although that Absol set should be running 252 Atk since the special attack investment doesn't get any additional OHKOs or 2HKOs. Also, spdef Chesnaught isn't a thing.

Looking back at my post i think Crawdaunt is not so much a good lure for DD Haxorus but a good wallbreaker to pair with it since it only lures Whimsicott and Chesnaught and not so easily anyway.

But i think both other nominations are very good. I voted for the Aerodactyl-Mega because i believe that with this set it is an all around better pokemon and has a easier time luring the stuff it's supposed to because fightings types, bulky dark types, or some physical walls like Alomomola can still switch into the mixed Absol-Mega and cause problems. At least Aerodactyl-Mega has toxic to keep a bit of wallbreaking power and i love how it screws over Cresselia and the likes :3
But it's true that almost everyone will switch directly their fairy or steel type into it so yeah^^ Good lures

Threw

cohiba
The winner of Week 2 is PinkDragonTamer!

This week's threat:
Double Dance Cobalion

Cobalion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Submissions until Thursday!
Gonna be late because moving into college, apologies xd

Last edited:
Reactions: pdt
Zoroark @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Sucker Punch/u-turn/flamethrower - (this slot is basically just coverage depending on your team composition although i prefer something to hit heracross)
- Knock Off - DOMINATES PSYCHIC TYPES, Tentacruel, Knocks off gligars eviolite everything
- Grass Knot - Hits water not named Tentacruel, and grounds
- Dark Pulse - DECIMATES PSYCHIC TYPES, and is a good spammable move aswell as

you think i have time to post calcs, you silly goose!

im also a fraud w/o a replay

:'

p.s. if youre comtemplating watching the movie sausage party, its a movie youll never forget in a semi bad way

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

All-out attacking Mega Aerodactyl is probably one of the best partners for dual dance Cobalion, even outside of lures. You nail Slowking on the switch-in with Crunch, 2HKOing (most of the time w/out Rocks, guaranteed with Rocks) and forcing it to stay in and get KOed or switch-out and get nailed by a Pursuit. You can Pursuit trap Chandelure, 2HKO Tentacruel with EQ, 3HKO Doublade with either Crunch or EQ, and you have a guaranteed 3HKO on Cresselia after Rocks, so non-Thunder Wave is a lot more reluctant to switch into you, and if it's weakened enough you can force it into Pursuit mindgames as well. A lot of switch-ins for Mega Aerodactyl are also typically bulky Water-types which can deal with Cobalion if healthy so they're easily worn down by Aero.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)