SM OU Buzzing in OU- joint rmt w/ Weirdo Faye

The Team.

Team building process.
Volcarona is the main star of the team as right now it is really underprepped for and the only real counter measures are directly switching in your scarfer or having Chansey, which for the scarfers you can just blast off an attack to weaken or kill them.

Latios is here to defog away the hazards Volcarona doesn't like and also acts as a form of speed control.

Mega Diancie was added because it's possibly the best mega at the moment and can bounce off hazards that Volcarona doesn't appreciate.

Zygarde because a Heatran switch in was needed and it's a pretty fat Ground type being able to eat a Return from Mega Pinsir and snacking Mega Mawile's sucker punches it can also blow back most Fire and Steel types it can also hit both Mantine and Toxapex which this team otherwise struggles with.

We needed a good Tapu Lele switch in that could also fuck over Mega Pinsir.

Tapu Bulu is our switch in to things like Specs Tapu Koko and Scarf Tapu Lele.​
252 SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 224 HP / 232+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 111-132 (32.9 - 39.1%)
It also recovers health for 4 out of 6 members.

Sets.

Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Quiver Dance boosts Volcarona's Special Attack and Speed stat to even greater levels. Fire Blast is a very good STAB move that basically nukes anything that does not resist or isn't called Chansey. Bug Buzz in conjunction with Buginium Z allows it to beat most mons that would otherwise beat it such as: Choice Scarf Lati's, Tyranitar and Zygarde. Hidden Power Ground is used to nail Heatran because otherwise it would wall this set.

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

Latios is the form of hazard control as well as our speed control. Draco Meteor is Latios's best STAB move that can kill some mons such as Kartana, Garchomp, Zygarde and Charizard-Mega-X. Psyshock nails mons like Keldeo, Mega Venusaur, Toxapex and Chansey. Defog is able to keep off hazards such as Stealth Rocks and Spikes/Toxic Spikes which really annoy Volcarona. Trick is to cripple normal switch ins such as Magearna, Chansey and Celesteela.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Moonblast is Mega Diancie's best STAB move that hits Dragon, Dark and Fighting types such as Zygarde, Greninja and Keldeo. Diamond Storm is Mega Diancie's secondary STAB move that hits mons such as Charizard-Mega-X, Zapdos, Volcarona and Mega Pinsir. Stealth Rocks in conjunction with Hidden Power Ice is a really nice tech because you setup Stealth Rocks on the switch into Landorus-Therian and switch out, next time it comes in you bop it with Hidden Power Ice.

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Toxic

Thousand arrows is Zygarde's best STAB move because it can hit mons that'd normally be immune to Ground Type moves. Extreme Speed enables Zygarde to function as a decent revenge killer against weakened mons. Outrage can be used to 2HKO things like Tangrowth and Mega Venusaur if giving Fairy types a free switch in isnt a problem. Toxic can also be used to wear down common switch ins.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Leech Seed gives Celesteela semi reliable recovery as well as being annoying by taking ur opponents health. Protect is used for more recovery as well as scouting for Z-Moves. Heavy Slam is Celesteela's best STAB move because of how much it weighs and does good damage to anything that does not resist it. Flamethrower is used to punish steel types such as Skarmory, Celesteela, Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn.

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 224 HP / 52 Def / 232 SpD
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Taunt

A bit of a weird Tapu Bulu spread, it can take on most special attackers like Specs Tapu Koko and Scarf Tapu Lele. Horn Leech is used for semi reliable recovery and can hit mons like Suicune, Mega Diancie and Keldeo. Leech Seed in conjunction with Protect is once again used for recovery and scouting for Z-Moves. Taunt makes Tapu Bulu able to beat Unaware Clefable and stops Toxapex/Ferrothorn from setting up hazards.

Threats.
-This team can not break this regenerator core easy your only hope is basically toxicing Tangrowth with Zygarde and then starting to wear it down with Thousand Arrows/Outrage the next time it comes in.
-Trick Room is a very big problem because of all the hard hitting fast mons (under trick room) that we don't have switch ins to.
-Stall the only way for this team around stall is making your opponent think Tapu Bulu is offensive and baiting out the Clefable, Leech Seeding it taunting it and then wearing it down to the point where Zygarde 2HKO's.
Replays.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-643811576 - How to bounce rocks back, how to sweep with volc even with a >100 speed scarfer.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-644325820 - Volcarona sweep 2.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-643385285 - Volcarona sweep 3.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-643519738 - how to beat a team with 3 hard Volcarona counters.

We're pretty confident about this team because it got all 3 alts into the 1700-1800 range.

We personally think Volcarona is very good right now because of how underprepped it is on ladder.​

Last edited:
Nice team man. I really like your building with volcarona, it's really unprepared for right now. However, to improve your matchup against tangpex, I would recommend psychic over bug buzz with psychinium z. This allows you to lure And kill toxapex. You already got lati@s and garchomp answers with celesteela.
Finally, I would change tapu bulu to the life orb swords dance set to improve your matchup against stall, which otherwise 6 v 0s your team. Tapu bulu can already switch in perfectly against water, ground, and electric types. Alternatively, if you don't want tapu bulu to get worn down too much, you could run regular swords dance with lum berry.
Great team!

hey dude nice team! zard-y looks like a bit of a threat. I recommend changing the zygarde spread to 184 Atk ada, max speed and rest of the investment in SpD so it can take two fire blasts.

The Team.

Team building process.
Volcarona is the main star of the team as right now it is really underprepped for and the only real counter measures are directly switching in your scarfer or having Chansey, which for the scarfers you can just blast off an attack to weaken or kill them.

Latios is here to defog away the hazards Volcarona doesn't like and also acts as a form of speed control.

Mega Diancie was added because it's possibly the best mega at the moment and can bounce off hazards that Volcarona doesn't appreciate.

Zygarde because a Heatran switch in was needed and it's a pretty fat Ground type being able to eat a Return from Mega Pinsir and snacking Mega Mawile's sucker punches it can also blow back most Fire and Steel types it can also hit both Mantine and Toxapex which this team otherwise struggles with.

We needed a good Tapu Lele switch in that could also fuck over Mega Pinsir.

Tapu Bulu is our switch in to things like Specs Tapu Koko and Scarf Tapu Lele.​
252 SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 224 HP / 232+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 111-132 (32.9 - 39.1%)
It also recovers health for 4 out of 6 members.

Sets.

Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Timid Nature

- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Quiver Dance boosts Volcarona's Special Attack and Speed stat to even greater levels. Fire Blast is a very good STAB move that basically nukes anything that does not resist or isn't called Chansey. Bug Buzz in conjunction with Buginium Z allows it to beat most mons that would otherwise beat it such as: Choice Scarf Lati's, Tyranitar and Zygarde. Hidden Power Ground is used to nail Heatran because otherwise it would wall this set.

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

Latios is the form of hazard control as well as our speed control. Draco Meteor is Latios's best STAB move that can kill some mons such as Kartana, Garchomp, Zygarde and Charizard-Mega-X. Psyshock nails mons like Keldeo, Mega Venusaur, Toxapex and Chansey. Defog is able to keep off hazards such as Stealth Rocks and Spikes/Toxic Spikes which really annoy Volcarona. Trick is to cripple normal switch ins such as Magearna, Chansey and Celesteela.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Moonblast is Mega Diancie's best STAB move that hits Dragon, Dark and Fighting types such as Zygarde, Greninja and Keldeo. Diamond Storm is Mega Diancie's secondary STAB move that hits mons such as Charizard-Mega-X, Zapdos, Volcarona and Mega Pinsir. Stealth Rocks in conjunction with Hidden Power Ice is a really nice tech because you setup Stealth Rocks on the switch into Landorus-Therian and switch out, next time it comes in you bop it with Hidden Power Ice.

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Toxic

Thousand arrows is Zygarde's best STAB move because it can hit mons that'd normally be immune to Ground Type moves. Extreme Speed enables Zygarde to function as a decent revenge killer against weakened mons. Outrage can be used to 2HKO things like Tangrowth and Mega Venusaur if giving Fairy types a free switch in isnt a problem. Toxic can also be used to wear down common switch ins.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Leech Seed gives Celesteela semi reliable recovery as well as being annoying by taking ur opponents health. Protect is used for more recovery as well as scouting for Z-Moves. Heavy Slam is Celesteela's best STAB move because of how much it weighs and does good damage to anything that does not resist it. Flamethrower is used to punish steel types such as Skarmory, Celesteela, Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn.

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Taunt

A bit of a weird Tapu Bulu spread, it can take on most special attackers like Specs Tapu Koko and Scarf Tapu Lele. Horn Leech is used for semi reliable recovery and can hit mons like Suicune, Mega Diancie and Keldeo. Leech Seed in conjunction with Protect is once again used for recovery and scouting for Z-Moves. Taunt makes Tapu Bulu able to beat Unaware Clefable and stops Toxapex/Ferrothorn from setting up hazards.

Threats.
-This team can not break this regenerator core easy your only hope is basically toxicing Tangrowth with Zygarde and then starting to wear it down with Thousand Arrows/Outrage the next time it comes in.
-Trick Room is a very big problem because of all the hard hitting fast mons (under trick room) that we don't have switch ins to.
-Stall the only way for this team around stall is making your opponent think Tapu Bulu is offensive, Leech Seeding it taunting it and then wearing it down to the point where Zygarde 2HKO's.
Replays.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-643811576 - How to bounce rocks back, how to sweep with volc even with a >100 speed scarfer.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-644325820 - Volcarona sweep 2.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-643385285 - Volcarona sweep 3.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-643519738 - how to beat a team with 3 hard Volcarona counters.

We're pretty confident about this team because it got all 3 alts into the 1700-1800 range.

We personally think Volcarona is very good right now because of how underprepped it is on ladder.​
Ur team has a really hard time switchibg in on ash gren man. Team would appreciate av mag tbh, which i would switch bulu for tbh.

Ur team has a really hard time switchibg in on ash gren man. Team would appreciate av mag tbh, which i would switch bulu for tbh.
how do we have a hard time swiching into ash gren when we have Specially Defensive Bulu and almost no ash greninja actually runs ice beam right now.

I was p sure they all ran i beam my bad, i run i beam still and this team is really weak to that gren in particular imo
it is but on ladder generally Spikes is seen way more. even then bulu can live a second Ice Beam after lefties + grassy surge and then protect for another round.

Hi, I built this with Thicc so I'll just leave my thoughts about this. Replacing Bulu for AV Gear does sound appealing because it is more reliable for AshNinja and Protean Ninja.

However, keep in mind every member of the team here contributes to this team and supports Volc in someway. I chose Celesteela as the 3rd member because I needed to make up for Volc's weakness to Pinsir. Zygarde was used to patch up holes such as the Heatran weakness Steela has and importantly, something fat that can take Sucker Punches from Mawile which is another thing Volc has problems with as well as take 1 Return from Pinsir. It's also really good role compression as it also deals with Pex & Mantine which are more things Volc has problems with. Bulu was added last with my weird set as I just wanted to not get destroyed by Koko and the terrain support is real nice. All in all, they complete the jigsaw puzzle. True I don't necessarily deal well with AshNinja and Protean Ninja but I just played around them.

With all that mumbo jumbo said though, the point is that your suggestion of replacing Bulu with Gear alone I feel isn't enough. That would leave me with the lineup of Volc, Lati, Diancie, Zygarde, Steela and Gear. This is redundant as the team only needs 1 of either Steela and Gear. I'm willing to take your suggestion if you can suggest a lineup of 6 'mons with Gear that doesn't have problems with Pinsir, Mawile, Pex, Mantine because those are Volc's biggest weaknesses.

Anish

luckynbad
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
yo cool team.

really like the structure and format, and the team is quite solid overall. however, toxapex is p annoying to your team, since it checks ur wincon, and more often then not, is paired w some decent zyg check. im just going to suggest a couple of tweaks since the team is p solid overall though.

id recommend hp fire over hp ice on dia. hp fire allows dia to maintain pressure on steels like celesteela, while also deterring ferro for coming in for free, especially since ferro would wall dia and ur hazard remover in lati, bar trick, which gets rid of your speed control which may be necessary in certain mus which also have ferro. additionally, while taunt bulu deters ferro rocking on it, you often have to scout for gyro ball, which could be annoying and allow him to play mindgames with you. hp ice only gets the ohko on defensive lando, however fat lando gets defogged on by lati since it can quite often not risk the draco doing massive damage and allowing band zyg to put in work, or even dia firing a moonblast and wearing it much closer to cb zyg range, especially since the mons it can rock on can often deter it by gaining chip on it to put it into zyg range.

i would also recommend substitute over protect on tapu bulu. sub allows bulu to dodge scald burns from pex, as well as toxic, as well as avoid vest tangrowth's knock off. this is p cool vs a lot of teams w tangpex, if zyg had toxiced the tangrowth, or other pex teams, where sub bulu could force it out, and annoy your opponent, with its ability to spam leech and wear mons like celesteela into m dia range. sub also works well w seed and grassy terrain. losing protect does get rid of some recovery, as well as the ability to scout for certain moves, however terrain + seeds + lefties still recovers 25% of its health while this set avoids issues of being worn by statuses somewhat. celesteela is a p decent check to most z fly mons not named lando, but lando can be dealt w by this team by just scouting for z move since sub bulu walls after, while also rking w lati , u didnt want to take +2 SSSS through protect anyway a lot of the times

Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Toxic

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Leech Seed
- Subsitute
- Taunt

Last edited:

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hey!

Just wanted to ask a question: why not simply going for an HO team? I thought you would do so when I saw the diancie lead and volcarona. Autotomize celesteela, DD zygarde and SD bulu can fit as well and give no time for your opponent to set up rocks or ash their gren since you constantly keep setting up. I felt it was an important thing to say, since I didn't really understand the mix of HO and balance in the same team which anyway lacks switchins to things like protean gren and medicham, and a bulu with a stall set is quite weird.

Hey!

Just wanted to ask a question: why not simply going for an HO team? I thought you would do so when I saw the diancie lead and volcarona. Autotomize celesteela, DD zygarde and SD bulu can fit as well and give no time for your opponent to set up rocks or ash their gren since you constantly keep setting up. I felt it was an important thing to say, since I didn't really understand the mix of HO and balance in the same team which anyway lacks switchins to things like protean gren and medicham, and a bulu with a stall set is quite weird.
yo no clue mate to be frank, i just noticed 1 fine day so many teams on ladder were using <100 speed scarfers and just not well equipped for volc so was thinkin to myself wow volc snack so i dumped a lineup of 6 tgt showed thicctornadus and quickly made the movesets and wala!

nyways things are bit different now cuz pex is sposedly some s rank god and ppl will wna use s rank mons more aka increase in pex usage meaning poor volc :( and the team relies a lot on volc to win

will try this tho eh thanks a bunch :D fanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)