BW Cup III - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mur

If you're not first you're last
Gonna have to call activity on my round 1 opponent

To clarify our "conversation" prior to the extension is on my wall and after the extension is granted it continues on his wall because he refused to answer me or give me a straight up answer to times or anything.

So first of all, the only reason we got the extension was because I made the effort to go and reach out to finch in the first place after this man missed both times he said he would be on on the weekend. I doubt this guy would have said anything to get the extension given his activity (I doubt he'll even realize he's eliminated from this tour if I'm granted the victory). On top of this, when we first started to schedule he told me he would be "connected all night" yet didn't tell me his timezone as if I'm supposed to magically just know where he lives and what time it is there. As it turns out, he is 5-6 hours ahead of me, but didn't bother at all to mention this when he said he'd be on at night. What makes it more hilarious to me is that I literally told him my timezone in my first reply to his first message so he willingly accepted to play at night my time which would be like 4am for him by the time I got home from work and would be able to play(This is why I'm assuming he didn't show that night). Also, he never said of his availability on Sunday when I told him I'd be on all day, even after we missed the game the previous night. I literally played in, and watched, st that day waiting for this man only for him to show up and leave immediately(screenshot below)

Now this is where I realized that this guy lacks the ability to answer a basic question. After getting the extension I contacted him the following morning on Monday on his wall asking if he can play in a few hours after I get home from class. This nigga then responds by saying "Can you play now?" only 40 minutes after I asked if he could play in a few hours because I was in class. Like LOL how hard is it to read and answer a basic question? He also said he'd be "connected all day" and only showed up once while I was there literally from the time I asked him originally until I had to leave for work several hours later. In this time he only showed up once, pm'd me, then left immediately after 4 minutes before I even had a chance to respond (But he'd be on all day I thought??).

I'm not sure if he thinks I'm psychic or he expects me to stare at fucking smogtours for 5 hours waiting for this man to show up because I have no idea when he will get on as he never gives me a straight up answer, but I'm done with this now we're just holding up the tour at this point. Due to everything above I'm requesting an activity win.

Also gonna tag Finchinator so he can see this and we can catch this bracket up

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
bro fist VS DestinyUnknown - After speaking with Bro Fist and reading their VM, it appears that Dunk was a bit late/not there for two scheduled times (he also had some internet issues, not sure what the correlation is to missing times though) and then there was not much of a clear alternative to this in terms of getting the game done. It failed to get done throughout extension, as well. Given all that I've seen, I am awarding the activity win to bro fist. Tagging Miridy -- spoke w/ dunk and he presented some evidence not previously available, will speak w/ TDs lol..

Jayde VS pokebasket - This game hasn't gotten done yet, too, and there's no clear side to take in terms of overall activity here, I feel. I will discuss this with a TD tomorrow and try to figure out what precisely to do. Perhaps it can get done in the mean time, which would be ideal.

Mur vs. Xirak - Mur gets activity for the reasons above

OP is up to date

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)