Metagame Camomons

Q&A
Q: Will Mega Evolving a Gyarados / forme change a Meloetta / etc. change its secondary type to Dark / Fighting / etc.?
A: No. Changing a Pokemon's form, be it through Mega Evolution or any other method, will not result in a type change
He's asking if Aerilate will impact the typing, not if gaining the Flying Typing will change it

i have a question on this set:

Probopass @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power
which is the best typing i can give to it? i started with steel/fairy because is a really solid offensive and defensive typing, but maybe i can put first volt switch to gain electric type and pivot with stab (doing OHKO on skarmory), or maybe a stab ground type to hurt steel types trapped by magnet pull. Or maybe i can use this on a sand team to eliminate shedinja?

Last edited:

- U-turn (Bug)
- Drill Run (Ground)

Finally it does not suffer the rock weakness.
I would prefer something like this:

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Drill Run / Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- idk lol

120 STAB move backed by Adaptability will hurt, Electric immunity lets it block Thunderwaves, Volt Switches etc, while Normal typing lets it switch in on predicted ghost moves. Knock Off can be used if you want to deal better with ghosts and gives you an immunity against Prankster T-Waves and Prankster in general.

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam

I think that 2 immunities and 3 weaks are cool.
Well, the good Grassium Z Bloom Doom in Camomons, 4 moves with nothing resist.
Flash Fire to switch in fire moves, that ok.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Heatran @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam

I think that 2 immunities and 3 weaks are cool.
Well, the good Grassium Z Bloom Doom in Camomons, 4 moves with nothing resist.
Flash Fire to switch in fire moves, that ok.
*3 immunities: fire, electric and poison

Sorry for asking for bans but, can we please ban Shedinja? It's really not fun to require Mold Breaker on every team JUST for this thing because this thing can be Immune to ANYTHING it wants.

When you need to guess if it's having a Bug/Steel (1 weakness, immune to sand and toxic) or Dark/Poison with Air Balloon (no weakness, immune to toxic), or even fire/ground with air balloon (achievable with will o wisp + mud slap, 1 weakness, immune to burn and sand) it's just not fun and really centralizing, almost to the point of BH sturdinja (except you don't have moldy moves on every mon).

Last edited:
Sorry for asking for bans but, can we please ban Shedinja? It's really not fun to require Mold Breaker on every team JUST for this thing because this thing can be Immune to ANYTHING it wants.

When you need to guess if it's having a Bug/Steel (1 weakness, immune to sand and toxic) or Dark/Poison with Air Balloon (no weakness, immune to toxic), or even fire/ground with air balloon (achievable with will o wisp + mud slap, 1 weakness, immune to burn and sand) it's just not fun and really centralizing, almost to the point of BH sturdinja (except you don't have moldy moves on every mon).
Alas, I was planning on being dramatic and announcing a Shed ban if this wins OMotM but w/e.

Clearly Shed is very overwhelming in this meta and as such it will be quickbanned imminently. Ill edit the OP in a moment

Also to correct ur point, you no longer need to guess its types as its revealed to you instantly ;)

Also to correct ur point, you no longer need to guess its types as its revealed to you instantly ;)
So much for CAMOmons :]

Gonna love this meta. Changing typings allows for a different kind of creativity that not a lot of other OMs take advantage of. Hoping it stays in the lead for April's OMotM!!

I came up with a fun set using Mega Charizard Y.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Air Slash
- Dragon Pulse

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Nice to see that meta again.
Well... now... let's do some theorycraft.

Every time i see a meta about type changing, i think about Dhelmise who can finally shine.

Dhelmise @ Assault Vest
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 SpD
Brave Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Shadow Claw
- Power Whip
- Rapid Spin

Looks nice, i guess.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Tail/Fire Fang
- Iron Tail
- Filler
- Hone Claws

Mega aerodactyl looks even more scary now (probably not this moveset)
252 Atk Tough Claws Aerodactyl-Mega Iron Tail vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 289-342 (45 - 53.2%) -- 32.4% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Aerodactyl-Mega Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 164-194 (49.1 - 58%) -- 58.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Tough Claws Aerodactyl-Mega Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 176-210 (43.5 - 51.9%) -- 11.3% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Aerodactyl-Mega Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 254-302 (60.4 - 71.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

it can finally kill.

(metagross-mega is probably a better choice but i don't care)

Reactions: 1cy
Some core ideas for you balance nerds.

Budget Pdon (Volcanion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD (don't know what's the right EV)
Sassy Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Kyurem-Black @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Terravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Hone Claws
- Substitute / Fusion Bolt

All of you need to realize that Pdon's typing + Ability synergises with SO much typing combination, that's why it's used so much (actually, Pdon has excellent stats BUT typing IS a major part of why it's good). This is similar. Screw Avalugg, Chansey or whatever defensive staples. These two things wall almost anything because both have considerable amount of bulk AND excellent typing combination.

Another idea is to pair Volcanion with regular Fire/Flying Zard Y because Fire/Ground with Water immunity pairs excellently with Fire/Flying.

Some core ideas for you balance nerds.

Budget Pdon (Volcanion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD (don't know what's the right EV)
Sassy Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Kyurem-Black @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Terravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Hone Claws
- Substitute / Fusion Bolt

All of you need to realize that Pdon's typing + Ability synergises with SO much typing combination, that's why it's used so much (actually, Pdon has excellent stats BUT typing IS a major part of why it's good). This is similar. Screw Avalugg, Chansey or whatever defensive staples. These two things wall almost anything because both have considerable amount of bulk AND excellent typing combination.

Another idea is to pair Volcanion with regular Fire/Flying Zard Y because Fire/Ground with Water immunity pairs excellently with Fire/Flying.

why earthquake over earth power?

why earthquake over earth power?
I just prefer to go mixed because sometimes it comes in handy, especially in a defensive mon that has NO investment in any of the offenses. Earthquake and Earth Power hits almost exactly the same damage (with a difference of 0.7% damage) so it doesn't matter much, though the SpDef drop matters if you rely on hax.

Nice to see that meta again.
Well... now... let's do some theorycraft.

Every time i see a meta about type changing, i think about Dhelmise who can finally shine.

Dhelmise @ Assault Vest
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 SpD
Brave Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Shadow Claw
- Power Whip
- Rapid Spin

Looks nice, i guess.
Why Power Whip in the 3rd slot? Wouldn't Earthquake be better?

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
It just depends what you want to hit. Whether you want Whip for Ground- and Water-types or EQ for Fire- and Rock-types.

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Air Slash

Once again Noivern gets stab Boomburst in a metagame, how fun.

just a set i'm liking at the moment

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Although it still retains a double weakness, water/ground is a vast improvement over ground/flying, allowing Gliscor to not only become a nightmare for stall, but a decent defensive pivot that can hold his own offensively as well. If only Breloom had decent defenses ;-;

Might as well get on the hype train.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Iron Tail
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Wow, an overused mon, but this is so good. Dragon/Steel gives landorus 2 weaknesses in fighting and ground. Both of which are mostly physical. With Intimidate, landorus can come in safely and set up/do some massive damage. might be a great counter to the probably popular Kyub with dragon/steel and dragon/electric.
Anti-meta maybe?

I wanted to try coding some OMs, so here's my version.
Code:
		onModifyTemplate: function(template, pokemon) {
			let types = [];
			types.push(this.getMove(pokemon.moves[0]).type);
			if (pokemon.moves[1]) {
				let type2 = this.getMove(pokemon.moves[1]).type;
				type2 !== types[0] && types.push(type2);
			}
			pokemon.setType(types);
			template.types = types;
			return template;
		},
Thanks for using onModifyTemplate but please don't actually modify the template, instead return a new template. Also you don't need to set the type of the pokemon yourself, as it will get reset to the template type anyway. Finally to make Hidden Power work you need to use the move id from the moveset. I ended up with this:
Code:
		onModifyTemplate: function (template, target, source, effect) {
			if (source) return;
			let types = [...new Set(target.baseMoveset.slice(0, 2).map(move => this.getMove(move.id).type))];
			return Object.assign({}, template, {types: types});
		},
(Feel free to try this out on ROM to double-check that it's working properly.) Thanks to Samspark for finding a bug in my code which I have now fixed.

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Something that looks promising to me is Kartana. Its main problems in OU were a lack of good STAB moves and a lack of good coverage, and though this set doesn't help too much with the second problem, it helps a ton with the first.

Kartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Sacred Sword
- Night Slash
- Defog / Swords Dance

Return and Sacred Sword alone have perfect neutral coverage other than Ghost-types, and Night Slash helps against that. I wouldn't expect Kartana to have anything else it wants to run in particular, though I'd imagine Swords Dance or Defog would be more useful than anything else it has.

If Kyurem-B gets banned (and it probably should), is there some way we could just ban "its offensiveness"? Maybe banning Fusion Bolt (Victini has Bolt Strike and Wild Charge anyway), because Kyurem-B is one of the most efficient Steel/Dragon, it has good bulk, reliable recovery and even some offensive presence, taking this away from defensive teams is sad, considering the meta is very offensively inclined. Maybe banning Fusion Bolt wouldn't be enough, and I know complex bans are not allowed (like banning Kyu-B from using Fusion Bolt, Focus Blast, Return, etc.), but I think it should be atleast thought about.

I think Kyurem-Black will be banned because it can be Steel/Flying type, making it painfully hard to break. Being a Pseudo Zekrom (I mean, gaining Dragon/Elec typing) in this meta isn't really a big deal since everyone and their mother will be carrying at least one Steel type. But Kyurem-Black with those stats AND Steel/Flying typing is just... too good I think.

Defensive Steel/Flying Kyu-B can be broken that same way Skarmory is: using Electric and Fire type attacks. This meta, as I said, is already very offensively inclined, because Offensive mons only want typings to get STAB, while some defensive mons are forced to run shitty moves just to get the typing they need to check some offensive monsters we have. If Kyu-B's biggest strengh is being a Skarmory without Defog with slightly better Defensive Bulk (27.2 vs 25.1 - Zyg's Life Orb Thousand Arrows) and a much better Special bulk (51 vs 86 from Specs HP Fire Lele), I think we should at least wait and see how it fares in the meta. Both Flamethrower/Fire Punch and Thunderbolt/Thunder Punch are super common and now everyone can get STAB on them. (Also, Kyu-B is quite passive with a Steel/Flying type, STAB Iron Head hits hard even without investment, but Steel is not an amazing offensive typing and also 'cause it lacks Whirlwind, Counter and Sturdy, tools that Skarmory often uses to deal with sweepers). Carrying a steel type doesn't mean you can deal with Dragon/Electric Kyu-B; Steel/Flying Kyu-B can't, and even super bulky mons like Avalugg require investing in Def, becoming super frail specially, or resisting/being imune to Electric, because 252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt (Dragon/Electric) Kyurem-Black Fusion Bolt vs. 248 HP / 8 Def (Steel/Ghost) Avalugg: 192-226 (48.8 - 57.5%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Normal Fairy is a great defensive typing and whats better now chansey can get it. Its moveset can be changed around I only used the set I normaly use, Im open to suggestions.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)