CaP Prevos - Voodoll - Part 5 - Movepool Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hey all!

After Jas took a dramatic victory in stats, its now time for Movepools! Now, Voodoom's movepool was recently updated and I will post the updated version here. At some point in the future I would love to revisit and "downdate" (yeah what?) this movepool to be Gen 4 compliant. However, for the time being let's get a Gen 7 Movepool present and correct for Voodoll!

Remember, This is much stricter than a normal CaP Movepool! We are only allowed the moves which Voodoom itself has in its movepool. You can move them around/change their order move TMs into level up moves and vice versa, but you cannot add any moves. This still leaves a surprising amount of variability and character for you to twist into the Prevo! Remember, Egg Moves cannot change!

I'd also like you guys to mention a clear method of evolution. This can be anything you like, by try and keep it more "normal" than extravagant.

Here is the new Voodoom Movepool for you guys to work from (Which can be found HERE):

Level-Up Moves:
- Revenge
- Night Slash
- Wrap
- Astonish
- Copycat
Evo: Revenge
7 Pain Split
11 Spite
15 Grudge
19 Charge
20 Follow Me
22 Tearful Look
25 Pin Missile
30 Feint Attack
35 Close Combat
40 Acupressure
45 Aura Sphere
48 Hex
50 Substitute
55 Beat Up
61 Foul Play

Revenge is noted as a Move it Gains on Evolution (Like Kadabra gains Confusion).

TMs:
TM List
TM01 - Work Up
TM06 – Toxic
TM08 – Bulk Up
TM10 – Hidden Power
TM11 – Sunny Day
TM12 – Taunt
TM15 – Hyper Beam
TM17 – Protect
TM21 – Frustration
TM24 - Thunderbolt
TM26 – Earthquake
TM27 – Return
TM29 – Psychic
TM31 – Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM41 – Torment
TM42 – Façade
TM44 – Rest
TM45 – Attract
TM47 - Low Sweep
TM48 - Round
TM46 – Thief
TM52 – Focus Blast
TM56 – Fling
TM58 – Endure
TM66 – Payback
TM67 - Smart Strike
TM68 – Giga Impact
TM71 – Stone Edge
TM73 – Thunder Wave
TM78 - Bulldoze
TM79 – Dark Pulse
TM80 – Rock Slide
TM85 – Dream Eater
TM87 – Swagger
TM88 – Sleep Talk
TM90 – Substitute
TM91 - Flash Cannon
TM95 - Snarl
TM97 - Dark Pulse
TM100 - Confide

Transfer Only:
After You (Gen 5 & 6 Tutor)
Captivate (Gen 4 TM)
Drain Punch (Gen 4 TM / Gen 5 & 6 Tutor)
Focus Punch (Gen 4 TM / Gen 6 Tutor)
Foul Play (Gen 5 & 6 Tutor)
Hyper Voice (Gen 5 & 6 Tutor)
Ice Punch (Gen 4, 5 & 6 Tutor)
Knock Off (Gen 4, 5 & 6 Tutor)
Low Kick (Gen 4, 5 & 6 Tutor)
Magic Coat (Gen 4, 5 & 6 Tutor)
Magic Room (Gen 5 & 6 Tutor)
Mud Slap (Gen 4 Tutor)
Natural Gift (TM83 in Gen 4)
Pain Split (Gen 5 & 6 Tutor)
Power-Up Punch (Gen 6 TM)
Retaliate (Gen 5 & 6 TM)
Rock Smash (HM06 in Gen 6)
Secret Power (TM94 in Gen 6 ORAS)
Shock Wave (TM34 in Gen 4)
Snatch (TM49 in Gen 4)
Snore (Gen 4, 5 & 6 Tutor)
Spite (Gen 4, 5 & 6 Tutor)
Strength (Gen 4, 5 & 6 HM)
Uproar (Gen 4, 5 & 6 Tutor)
Vacuum Wave(Gen 4 Tutor)

Past Gen TMs:
Captivate (TM78 in Gen 4)
Drain Punch (TM60 in Gen 4)
Focus Punch (TM01 in Gen 4)
Snatch (TM49 in Gen 4)
Strength (HM04 in Gen 6)

Egg Moves [Cannot change] :
(Egg Groups: Human-like / Field)

Baton Pass
Counter
Imprison
Mach Punch
Memento
Metronome
Mimic
Nasty Plot
Nightmare
Perish Song
Power Trip
Pursuit
Screech
Smelling Salts

If you are confused why a move has appeared here, please read up on DK's post about the movepool and his opinions on why he added it to Voodoom. Some of them might give you ideas as to why Voodoll gets moves! I'll be allowing you to Final Submit from the start of this thread, but make sure you keep your movepool legal and give good reasoning to which moves you move around/take out. Also give me some good reasoning for your chosen method of evolution!

Our Prevo So far:
Name:
Voodoll
Typing: Normal/Dark
Abilities: Volt Absorb / Lightning Rod / Cursed Body
Stats: 55 / 40 / 55 / 75 / 50 / 70

Final Submission

Level-Up:
- Feint Attack
- Nasty Plot
- Accupressure
9 Accupressure
13 Spite
14 Grudge
17 Nasty Plot
19 Tearful Look
20 Follow Me
22 Tearful Look
25 Pin Missile
30 Charge
35 Thunderbolt
38 Feint Attack
40 Close Combat
43 Aura Sphere
45 Hex
48 Foul Play
50 Beat Up

Evolution Method: Level-Up (Lev. 35)

There is a story to this level-up pool. So as soon as it comes into existence, it is hit with the hurting pain of the needles (Accupressure). It begins to plan to get its revenge on whoever thought it was a good idea to stick needles into it (Nasty Plot). It is then hit with another wave of pain (Accupressure repeat). It then starts getting more anger towards this mysterious mastermind that created it and its suffering (Spite and Grudge). It eventually finds its creator. However, it thinks up a way to fully get its revenge rather than attack it immediately. Besides, it took forever to just find its owner with such a stiff body. How could it put up a fight? (Nasty Plot). Voodoll approaches its creator and plays at his heartstrings by giving a sad and depressed look (Tearful Look). Voodoll's creator is unaware that this is the complete result of his craftmanship. How could he know it would come to life? Voodoll's creator asks how he can help, and Voodoll decides to "show him the way" (Follow Me). When they get to a dark alleyway, the man gets suspicious. Noticing this, Voodoll plays with his emotions to get him to go alomg with it once more (Tearful Look repeat). The man gets into the end of the alley to the direction of Voodoll. The trap has been triggered! Voodoll releases all of its pent up anger and pins the man to the wall (Pin Missile)! Voodoll then charges up static electricity (Charge) and is ready to destroy. It then unleashes a massive thunderbolt (Thunderbolt)! The anger and the charge combines to evolve Voodoll into Voodoom! With this newfound strength, it is finally able to enact its revenge (Revenge)! It then "calms down" and starts to walk away. It then throws a sucker punch (Feint Attack)! It never calmed down at all! It then proceeds to beat the ever-living crap out of this brutalized man (Close Combat). After leaving the man to die, Voodoom realizes that everyone is like his creator- manipulative and sadistic. It then is so angry, the anger is condensed into a sensible aura (Aura Sphere). It then launches it across the city, destroying many buildings in its path. It then proceeds to cast a curse on the entire city (Hex). It then "calms down" once more. People think everything is okay again. SURPRISE! It was just abusing the curse, and turns everyone against each other (Foul Play)! Finally, it goes to town on the town and brutally murders them all while they try to kill each other (Beat-Up).

So I have polished up the level-up pool based on these suggestions. I removed Night Slash, Substitute and Pain Split. I also replaced Night Slash with a duplicate of Feint Attack. Finally, I polished up the levels after evolving to a 2-3-2 pattern.

TMs:
TM01 - Work Up
TM06 – Toxic
TM08 – Bulk Up
TM10 – Hidden Power
TM11 – Sunny Day
TM17 – Protect
TM21 – Frustration
TM24 - Thunderbolt
TM26 – Earthquake
TM27 – Return
TM29 – Psychic
TM31 – Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM42 – Façade
TM44 – Rest
TM45 – Attract
TM47 - Low Sweep
TM48 - Round
TM46 – Thief
TM56 – Fling
TM58 – Endure
TM66 – Payback
TM67 - Smart Strike
TM71 – Stone Edge
TM73 – Thunder Wave
TM78 - Bulldoze
TM79 – Dark Pulse
TM80 – Rock Slide
TM85 – Dream Eater
TM87 – Swagger
TM88 – Sleep Talk
TM90 – Substitute
TM91 - Flash Cannon
TM95 - Snarl
TM97 - Dark Pulse
TM100 - Confide

Here, I removed Taunt, Torment, Focus Blast, Giga Impact, Hyper Beam and Swagger.
Giga Impact is too powerful of a move to be learned by such a stiff creature, and the evil trio (Taunt, Torment, Swagger) are because it doesn't make sense to me that something in this state of pain could use these kinds of passive-aggressive moves. I also removed Focus Blast, as I wanted Voodoll to get no Fighting moves until it evolves. Finally, Hyper Beam was too good of a move for a prevo so it got the boot too.

Transfer Only:
Captivate (Gen 4 TM)
Mud Slap (Gen 4 Tutor)
Snatch (TM49 in Gen 4)
Vacuum Wave (Gen 4 Tutor)

Past Gen TMs:
Snatch (TM49 in Gen 4)

I removed all fighting moves, as it can't fight physically. I also removed Strength, as this thing is super weak physically. I kept Vacuum Wave as it is a special attack and pretty weak. Finally, I removed Retaliate as it doesn't get revenge until it evolves, so it would be inconsistent.

Egg Moves:

Baton Pass
Counter
Imprison
Mach Punch
Memento
Metronome
Mimic
Nasty Plot
Nightmare
Perish Song
Power Trip
Pursuit
Screech
Smelling Salts

EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED

Last edited:

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Final Submission

- Wrap
- Astonish
- Copycat
7 Pain Split
11 Spite
15 Echoed Voice
19 Charge
20 Follow Me
22 Tearful Look
25 Pin Missile
30 Feint Attack
36 Acupressure
40 Aura Sphere
43 Hex
47 Substitute
51 Grudge
54 Foul Play

Evolve: Level 32 (learns Revenge on Evolve)
Removed Close Combat, Beat Up, Revenge, and Night Slash, and lowered levels accordingly. I felt like Voodoll needed to evolve before Voodoom's first Fighting-type move (Close Combat) at Level 35, and I can't exactly see it using Close Combat, Revenge, Night Slash, or Beat Up. I moved Grudge towards the end of its movepool since Pokemon with Grudge tend to learn it late, and put Echoed Voice at Level 15 to give it an early-game STAB, and it learns Hyper Voice by tutor so this shouldn't be too outlandish.

TM01 - Work Up
TM06 – Toxic
TM10 – Hidden Power
TM11 – Sunny Day
TM12 – Taunt
TM17 – Protect
TM21 – Frustration
TM24 – Thunderbolt
TM27 – Return
TM29 – Psychic
TM32 - Double Team
TM41 – Torment
TM42 – Façade
TM44 – Rest
TM45 – Attract
TM48 - Round
TM46 – Thief
TM56 – Fling
TM66 – Payback
TM73 – Thunder Wave
TM79 – Dark Pulse
TM85 – Dream Eater
TM87 – Swagger
TM88 – Sleep Talk
TM90 – Substitute
TM95 - Snarl
TM97 - Dark Pulse
TM100 - Confide
Removed all of the Ground- and Rock-type moves because those are consistent with Voodoom's Fighting-type, not Voodoll's Normal-type. Also removed Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Bulk Up, Low Sweep, Flash Cannon, and Smart Strike, as I don't feel like they are consistent with Voodoll's design. Focus Blast seems like a lot for little Voodoll too.

Captivate (Gen 4 TM)
Endure (Gen 4 TM)
Mud Slap (Gen 4 Tutor)
Retaliate (Gen 5 & 6 TM)
Snatch (TM49 in Gen 4)
Vacuum Wave(Gen 4 Tutor)

Past Gen TMs:
Snatch (TM49 in Gen 4)
Strength (HM04 in Gen 6)
Removed a lot of the powerful physical Fighting-type moves + Ice Punch. Left in Power Up Punch and Rock Smash though.

(Egg Groups: Human-like / Field)Baton Pass
Counter
Imprison
Mach Punch
Memento
Metronome
Mimic
Nasty Plot
Nightmare
Perish Song
Power Trip
Pursuit
Screech
Smelling Salts
Can't change these, but I thought I'd include them at the bottom to finish of this post.

Overall, I see Voodoll as a pure Special Attacker (see its stat spread) and gains mixed attacking capabilities once it evolves. Accordingly, my Voodoll movepool submission contains mostly weaker Physical moves (Power Up Punch, Faint Attack), while still retaining most of its special moves. The lack of physical moves ends when it evolves, gains Revenge, and then gains access to all of the TMs and better physical moves.

Last edited:
Final Submission

Method of evolution:
Level up at Mt. Coronet, Chargestone Cave, Kalos Route 13, Sea Mauville, or Vast Poni Canyon.
All of these locations have a Special Magnetic Field. Magnetism and Electricity go hand in hand. Guess what evolves via lightning strike to a needle in the heart...
- Astonish
- Copycat
4 Wrap
7 Pain Split
10 Spite
14 Grudge
18 Charge
22 Follow Me
26 Tearful Look
30 Pin Missile
35 Feint Attack
40 Acupressure
45 Hex
50 Substitute
55 Beat Up
61 Foul Play
Removed all instances of Revenge because Voodoll isn't going to lash out until it evolves. Removed Aura Sphere and Close Combat because Voodoll wouldn't get STAB... yet. (they also look out of place on voodoll) Night Slash didn't really feel like a move on Voodoll, so I removed it.
TM01 - Work Up
TM06 – Toxic
TM10 – Hidden Power
TM11 – Sunny Day
TM12 – Taunt
TM17 – Protect
TM21 – Frustration
TM27 – Return
TM29 – Psychic
TM31 – Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM41 – Torment
TM42 – Façade
TM44 – Rest
TM45 – Attract
TM47 - Low Sweep
TM48 - Round
TM46 – Thief
TM52 – Focus Blast
TM56 – Fling
TM66 – Payback
TM67 - Smart Strike
TM73 – Thunder Wave
TM85 – Dream Eater
TM87 – Swagger
TM88 – Sleep Talk
TM90 – Substitute
TM95 - Snarl
TM97 - Dark Pulse
TM100 - Confide
Removed Giga Impact and Hyper Beam because while commonplace on fully evolved Pokémon, you RARELY see those moves on unevolved Pokémon. Removed Bulk Up since Voodoll doesn't look like it would be a bodybuilder. Removed Earthquake and Bulldoze because it's too small. Removed Rock Slide and Stone Edge because I can't see Voodoll using Rock-type moves. Removed TM58 and TM79; They were actually changed in Gen V. Removed Thunderbolt because Voodoll isn't super-adept in using electricity yet. Removed Flash Cannon because that doesn't fit Voodoll much.
Captivate (Gen 4 TM)
Endure (TM58 in Gen 4)
Mud Slap (Gen 4 Tutor)
Snatch (Gen 4 TM / Gen 5 & 6 Tutor)

Past Gen TMs:
Endure (TM58 in Gen 4)
Snatch (TM49 in Gen 4)
Removed duplicates and moves that would look out of place. Drain Punch stayed, as Shroomish and Chimchar can learn it too. Focus Punch stayed as well, since lots of other Pokémon can get it.
Baton Pass
Counter
Imprison
Mach Punch
Memento
Metronome
Mimic
Nasty Plot
Nightmare
Perish Song
Power Trip
Pursuit
Screech
Smelling Salts
No changes.

Last edited:
Final Submission

Evolution Method: Level-Up starting at Level 40
I chose level 40 as at that level, Voodoll learns Acupressure. I see Voodoll learning this move as one final piece of torture before going insane with bloodlust and learning Revenge as it does so.

- Wrap
- Astonish
- Copycat
Evo: Revenge (Voodoom only)
5 Pain Split
9 Spite
13 Grudge
17 Charge
20 Follow Me
22 Tearful Look
25 Pin Missile
30 Feint Attack
35 Night Slash
40 Acupressure
45 Endure
48 Hex
50 Substitute
53 Beat Up
58 Foul Play

First, I removed all Fighting-type moves as Voodoll is supposed to take hits rather than Retaliating. I also moved Night Slash from Level 1 to Level 35 as I felt that it still made sense for Voodoll to learn it naturally, with it's tiny pins to slash with (makes more sense than Honchkrow, considering beaks aren't exactly common for slashing, and Primape, who has boxing gloves for hands), but it wouldn't make sense to put it at such an early level. I also moved up a few moves at the earlier levels to make a wider gap between the moves it learn between level 9-22, as well as moving up post-level 50 moves since 61 is pretty late for an unevolved Pokemon to learn more moves. I added Endure at 45 to not only fill the 8 level gap between Acupressure and Hex left by removing Aura Sphere, but also because it makes sense for Voodoll to endure a beating before evolving and completely forgetting about protecting itself to cause havoc.

TM List
TM01 - Work Up
TM06 – Toxic
TM10 – Hidden Power
TM11 – Sunny Day
TM12 – Taunt
TM17 – Protect
TM21 – Frustration
TM24 - Thunderbolt
TM27 – Return
TM29 – Psychic
TM31 – Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM41 – Torment
TM42 – Façade
TM44 – Rest
TM45 – Attract
TM48 - Round
TM46 – Thief
TM56 – Fling
TM66 – Payback
TM73 – Thunder Wave
TM78 - Bulldoze
TM79 – Dark Pulse
TM80 – Rock Slide
TM85 – Dream Eater
TM87 – Swagger
TM88 – Sleep Talk
TM90 – Substitute
TM91 - Flash Cannon
TM95 - Snarl
TM97 - Dark Pulse
TM100 - Confide

Removals: Bulk Up, Low Sweep, Hyper Beam, Earthquake, Giga Impact, Focus Blast, Smart Strike, Endure*

I removed Bulk Up because I don't see little Voodoll Bulking Up, and again, the whole "taking hits rather than dealing them" flavor going on with Voodoll. Low Sweep was removed for a similar reason. I was tempted to also remove Brick Break for this same reason, but kept it as I feel Brick Break is a more natural action for a bipedal Pokemon. I removed Smart Strike as while Voodoll's pins may be sharp enough to slash with, considering the other Pokemon that learn Night Slash, I don't see it as being sharp enough to use Smart Strike as the Pokemon that learn it have very sharp features, something Voodoll lacks. All of the other moves were removed as usually only fully evolved Pokemon learn them, and having a Fighting-type evolution doesn't help it learn Focus Blast. Endure isn't a TM anymore, so I moved it to Transfer moves.

Captivate (Gen 4 TM)
Endure (Gen 4 TM)
Mud Slap (Gen 4 Tutor)
Snatch (TM49 in Gen 4)

Past Gen TMs:
Snatch (TM49 in Gen 4)
Strength (HM04 in Gen 6)

Removals: All Fighting moves (other than Rock Smash, Drain Punch, and Power-Up Punch), Ice Punch, Retaliate

I put Endure back into old TMs, where it should be. Here, I notably didn't remove Drain Punch or Power-Up Punch as I saw that many, MANY unevolved non-Fighting-type Pokemon learn one or both of these moves, including Chespin, who evolves into a Fighting-type like Voodoll. I removed Vacuum Wave as no non-Fighting-type unevolved Pokemon learns it other than Scyther, which means that it isn't consistent for it to learn it. Removed the other Fighting-type moves I haven't mentioned and Ice Punch since it doesn't make any sense for Voodoll to learn them, as well as Retaliate as that makes more flavor sense with Voodoom.

Baton Pass
Counter
Imprison
Mach Punch
Memento
Metronome
Mimic
Nasty Plot
Nightmare
Perish Song
Power Trip
Pursuit
Screech
Smelling Salts

Can't change these.

Last edited:
Final Submission

Evolution Method:
Dusk Stone

The Dusk Stone is used to evolve certain Dark- and Ghost-types, so it's a fitting way to unlock Voodoll's inner potential. Plus, CAP is quite lacking in stone evolutions!

- Wrap
- Astonish
5 Pain Split
10 Spite
12 Grudge
14 Charge
19 Follow Me
21 Tearful Look
23 Copycat
28 Pin Missile
30 Feint Attack
32 Acupressure
37 Thunder Wave
39 Hex
41 Substitute
46 Beat Up
48 Foul Play
50 Dark Pulse
Removals: Revenge, Night Slash, Close Combat, Aura Sphere
Additions: Thunder Wave, Dark Pulse

Voodoll doesn't get its revenge until it evolves, so I naturally removed Revenge. Night Slash was removed as Voodoll doesn't have a needle sword to slash with yet. Those tiny pins might be good enough for Pin Missile, but not Night Slash. Close Combat and Hadouken were removed as I don't think Voodoll should be naturally learning high-powered Fighting-type moves in its first stage.

I shifted the level pattern to a 5-2-2 patten so it's not learning moves at super high levels. Moved Copycat to a higher level since I felt it fit better with Tearful Look and Feint Attack, leaving its earlier moves mostly about taking punishment and being ticked off about it. I made some physical move removals which left some holes, so I added Thunder Wave and Dark Pulse (which it already gets by TM) to its movepool. I slipped in Thunder Wave right before Hex (where Aura Sphere was) so it has a way to abuse Hex's status mechanic, and added Dark Pulse as the final level up move. Voodoll is surely full of dark thoughts after all it's been through...

TM List
TM01 - Work Up
TM06 – Toxic
TM10 – Hidden Power
TM11 – Sunny Day
TM12 – Taunt
TM17 – Protect
TM21 – Frustration
TM24 - Thunderbolt
TM27 – Return
TM29 – Psychic
TM32 - Double Team
TM41 – Torment
TM42 – Façade
TM44 – Rest
TM45 – Attract
TM48 - Round
TM46 – Thief
TM56 – Fling
TM73 – Thunder Wave
TM79 – Dark Pulse
TM85 – Dream Eater
TM87 – Swagger
TM88 – Sleep Talk
TM90 – Substitute
TM95 - Snarl
TM97 - Dark Pulse
TM100 - Confide
Removals: Bulk Up, Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Earthquake, Bulldoze, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Brick Break, Low Sweep, Focus Blast, Payback, Smart Strike, Flash Cannon, Endure

I don't think Voodoll should be using Bulk Up quite yet due to its typing. Hyper Beam and Giga Impact are extremely rare on first stage Pokemon. Removed all Ground- and Rock-type moves since those tend to be linked to Fighting-types (and Voodoll just doesn't look like it can trigger an Earthquake, lol). Removed Brick Break because Voodoll is not yet a master of the martial arts. Voodoll's legs aren't quite powerful enough to execute Low Sweep. Removed Focus Blast because Hadouken was removed. Removing Payback is a bit strange for a Dark-type, but I did it for the same flavor reasons as Revenge. Voodoll doesn't have the needle to execute Smart Strike, so that was removed. Flash Cannon's flavor is also loosely tied to Voodoom's needle imo (that's all I can think of), so I opted to remove that from Voodoll as well. Endure isn't a TM anymore.

Captivate (Gen 4 TM)
Endure (Gen 4 TM)
Mud Slap (Gen 4 Tutor)
Snatch (TM49 in Gen 4)

Past Gen TMs:
Snatch (TM49 in Gen 4)
Vacuum Wave(Gen 4 Tutor)
Removals: Low Kick, Power-Up Punch, Retaliate, Rock Smash, Strength
Additions: Endure

I let Voodoll keep most of the punches because it has to keep its punching egg moves. This might seems strange since I removed Brick Break and some other Fighting moves earlier, but it's not that unreasonable. Looking at Alakazam as an example of a non-Fighting-type, it can't use Brick Break or Power-Up Punch, but it can use Drain Punch, Focus Punch, and Ice Punch just fine. So I modeled Voodoll's punching movepool after this.

Removed Low Kick for the same reason as Low Sweep. Removed PuP for the reasons mentioned above. Retaliate was removed for the same flavor reasons as Revenge and Payback. Rock Smash and Strength were removed since Voodoll isn't strong enough to be shattering or moving boulders yet (and for various move-move correlation reasons).

Baton Pass
Counter
Imprison
Mach Punch
Memento
Metronome
Mimic
Nasty Plot
Nightmare
Perish Song
Power Trip
Pursuit
Screech
Smelling Salts

No changes here!

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

Evolution Method:
Level up after level 20 while knowing Thunderbolt

Its evolution story's most defining trait is being struck by lightning, so I incorporated that as a Voodoll with high enough level should evolve when wielding Thunderbolt

- Wrap
- Astonish
- Copycat
5 Pain Split
8 Spite
13 Grudge
16 Charge
19 Follow Me
20 Thunderbolt
21 Tearful Look
21 Pin Missile
26 Feint Attack
30 Acupressure
36 Hex
41 Substitute
48 Foul Play

Firstly I removed all Fighting attacks and attacks that would require feats of strength/aggression. So Close Combat, Aura Sphere and Revenge got the boot. I also kicked Beat Up and Night Slash for the same reasoning. I shifted up the levels abit, with Pin Missile and Tearful Look being learnt at the same time turns up the creepy factor. (A voodoo doll with a sad face throwing pins as it feels the pain its executes? Dats gold). Dropped in Thunderbolt in the Level Up movepool to corolate with the evolution method.

TM01 - Work Up
TM06 – Toxic
TM10 – Hidden Power
TM11 – Sunny Day
TM12 – Taunt
TM17 – Protect
TM21 – Frustration
TM24 - Thunderbolt
TM27 – Return
TM29 – Psychic
TM32 - Double Team
TM41 – Torment
TM42 – Façade
TM44 – Rest
TM45 – Attract
TM47 - Low Sweep
TM48 - Round
TM46 – Thief
TM56 – Fling
TM73 – Thunder Wave
TM79 – Dark Pulse
TM80 – Rock Slide
TM85 – Dream Eater
TM87 – Swagger
TM88 – Sleep Talk
TM90 – Substitute
TM95 - Snarl
TM97 - Dark Pulse
TM100 - Confide

Removed Moves: Bulk Up, Hyper Beam, Flash Cannon, Bullboze, Earthquake, Brick Break, Giga Impact, Focus Blast, Smart Strike, Endure, Payback

Firstly, Hyper Beam and Giga Impact are a no no to me for a pre evo. Bulk Up and Brick Break were removed because Voodoll looks too passive to do them. Focus Blast and Earthquake are generally not on mons until they are fully evolved, and Bulldoze is tied to Earthquake so it left along with it. Flash Cannon and Smart Strike, more so Smart Strike, got kicked due to Voodoll lacking the trademark metal needle. Endure isn't a TM anymore so it got booted to Transfers. And Payback is literally a Dark type Revenge, so...

Captivate (Gen 4 TM)
Endure (Gen 4 TM)
Mud Slap (Gen 4 Tutor)
Snatch (TM49 in Gen 4)

Past Gen TMs:
Snatch (TM49 in Gen 4)

Removals: Focus Punch, Retaliate, Rock Smash, Strength, Power-Up Punch

Not a lot of removals. I removed Focus Punch, Power-Up Punch, Rock Smash and Strength due to the same reasons as before (strong Fighting type and acts of Strength). I left Drain Punch due to the draining effect seems flavourful for a Voodoo doll. Low Kick (and sweep ) was left tease its evolutionary type change.

Baton Pass
Counter
Imprison
Mach Punch
Memento
Metronome
Mimic
Nasty Plot
Nightmare
Perish Song
Power Trip
Pursuit
Screech
Smelling Salts

Everything is different

Last edited:
WIP

Evolution method:
Low happiness while raining

Evo story i guess: After all the hate inflicted into it, the voodoll saw no reason to live. One day while a massive storm was brewing, it decided to get struck by lightning to end itself. As lightning hit, instead of dying, it turned into voodoom, swearing to make everyone feel the pain it felt.

- Revenge
- Wrap
- Astonish
- Copycat
7 Pain Split
10 Spite
13 Grudge
15 Charge
20 Follow Me
22 Tearful Look
25 Pin Missile
30 Feint Attack
35 Acupressure
37 Aura Sphere
39 Hex
44 Substitute

Shifted the levels a bit as to make the levels he learns stuff in not too high, still following the pattern tho. Removed most physical attacks as it is a floppy doll, and it needs the strength of voodoom to be able to use them.

TMs (close)

TM List
TM01 - Work Up
TM06 – Toxic
TM10 – Hidden Power
TM11 – Sunny Day
TM12 – Taunt
TM17 – Protect
TM21 – Frustration
TM24 - Thunderbolt
TM27 – Return
TM29 – Psychic
TM32 - Double Team
TM41 – Torment
TM42 – Façade
TM44 – Rest
TM45 – Attract
TM47 - Low Sweep
TM48 - Round
TM46 – Thief
TM56 – Fling
TM58 – Endure
TM67 - Smart Strike
TM73 – Thunder Wave
TM79 – Dark Pulse
TM80 – Rock Slide
TM85 – Dream Eater
TM87 – Swagger
TM88 – Sleep Talk
TM90 – Substitute
TM91 - Flash Cannon
TM95 - Snarl
TM97 - Dark Pulse
TM100 - Confide

Removals : giga impact, bulldoze, stone edge, focus blast, earthquake, hyper beam , bulk up and brick break

because high powered physical moves don't belong with voodoll yet as it's too passive, hyper beam for obvious reasons.

Payback is because, in this evo, it hasn't wanted revenge yet.

Captivate (Gen 4 TM)
Mud Slap (Gen 4 Tutor)
Retaliate (Gen 5 & 6 TM)
Snatch (TM49 in Gen 4)
Vacuum Wave(Gen 4 Tutor)

Past Gen TMs:
Secret Power (TM94 in Gen 6)
Snatch (TM49 in Gen 4)

Removals: Focus punch, drain punch, ice punch and strength.

All removals is as the same reasoning above, floppy doll, too passive, still droopy and not wanting revenge.

Baton Pass
Counter
Imprison
Mach Punch
Memento
Metronome
Mimic
Nasty Plot
Nightmare
Perish Song
Power Trip
Pursuit
Screech
Smelling Salts

Since drew posted a set, why not
Voodoll
Ability: Lightning Rod
Level: 5
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Baton Pass
- Aura Sphere

Gastly and voodoll go nicely together. Voodoll nasty plots up while taking ghost and fighting and dark types while gastly can handle the fighting and fairy mons threatening voodoll.

Also, voodoll can baton pass a nasty plot right to gastly, allowing gastly to sweep everything with a +2 and great speed under it's belt

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
OK So you guys have a bit under 36 hours to finish these up and properly Final Submit them!

Just a few notes on what I've looked over so far:

Reviloja753 Interesting set of moves early on. Am I reading this as being born with Night Slash? Seems like a powerful move for so early in its development. Learning Tbolt and evolving is cool, and then it doubles up and learns Revenge at the same time. Levels get a little late, that's a lot of moves it learns via level up.

snake_rattler I like all your reasoning and what you've done with the moveset. Evolving via level up a solid choice.

KirbyRider1337 Cool evolution method. I like the idea of it being similar to Nosepass and gaining its electrical capabilities properly when it evolves. Looks good!

Yoshiblaze Looks good. I like the idea of learning Acupressure and then that triggering its evolution via level at 40. Its a very late evolution level, but there are other Pokemon who evolve at similar levels (or even later) like Ponyta, Rhyhorn and Skrelp, so I don't have much problem there.

sparktrain Dusk Stone is a brave choice for evolution method considering how most stone evos work. As far as I can remember (I might be wrong), only Sunflora and Honchkrow learn a good number of moves after evolving via a stone. Otherwise, its a great movepool so far.

G-Luke Kinda put off by the evolution method. It doesn't learn it naturally, which puts it outside the realms of precedence. The only other Pokemon in a similar position is Piloswine, which for some reason only gets Ancient Power via Heart Scale and Breeding (odd situation).

Garbagery What you've got looks decent so far, but it needs a bit more explanation and some completion.

Overall, they all look OK so far apart from what I've said above. Lets get these done and voted on!

Method of Evolution: Level Up with Charge-I really like the idea of Voodoll having to "Charge" to evolve, as both of Voodoll's abilities involve it absorbing electricity

Level-Up Moveset:
- Night Slash
- Wrap
- Astonish
- Copycat
7 Pain Split
11 Spite
15 Grudge
20 Follow Me
22 Tearful Look
25 Pin Missile
27 Charge -Start of Leveling Up potential
30 Feint Attack
40 Acupressure
48 Hex
50 Substitute
55 Beat Up
61 Foul Play
68 Close Combat -I like the idea of this being the last move it learns

TM Moveset:
TM01 - Work Up
TM06 – Toxic
TM08 – Bulk Up
TM10 – Hidden Power
TM12 – Taunt
TM15 – Hyper Beam
TM17 – Protect
TM21 – Frustration
TM26 – Earthquake
TM27 – Return
TM29 – Psychic
TM31 – Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM41 – Torment
TM42 – Façade
TM44 – Rest
TM45 – Attract
TM47 - Low Sweep
TM48 - Round
TM46 – Thief
TM52 – Focus Blast
TM56 – Fling
TM58 – Endure
TM66 – Payback
TM67 - Smart Strike
TM68 – Giga Impact
TM71 – Stone Edge
TM73 – Thunder Wave
TM78 - Bulldoze
TM79 – Dark Pulse
TM80 – Rock Slide
TM85 – Dream Eater
TM87 – Swagger
TM88 – Sleep Talk
TM90 – Substitute
TM91 - Flash Cannon
TM95 - Snarl
TM97 - Dark Pulse
TM100 - Confide

Removed Thunderbolt as I think giving Voodoll access to a powerful Electric-type move would be a bad idea

Transfer Moveset
Captivate (Gen 4 TM)
Mud Slap (Gen 4 Tutor)
Retaliate (Gen 5 & 6 TM)
Snatch (TM49 in Gen 4)
Vacuum Wave(Gen 4 Tutor)

Past Gen TMs:
Snatch (TM49 in Gen 4)
Strength (HM04 in Gen 6)

Removed stronger Electric-type moves and some other random stuff such as Natural Gift

Egg Moveset:

Baton Pass
Counter
Imprison
Mach Punch
Memento
Metronome
Mimic
Nasty Plot
Nightmare
Perish Song
Power Trip
Pursuit
Screech
Smelling Salts

here's a sample set from this set of moves:

Nasty Plot (Voodoll) @ Life Orb / Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
Level: 5
EVs: 236 SpA / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Dark Pulse / Psychic / Substitute
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Hyper Voice + Focus Blast +Dark Pulse has perfect coverage and 2 are STAB, while the third is just really powerful. Nasty Plot is obvious to help a sweep, Psychic hits Fighting-types on switch-in or if they don't carry Mach Punch or Vacuum Wave as well as Gastly, and Substitute lets it avoid those priority moves if necessary. 17 Speed max Special Attack, and an extra point in Defense. Life Orb is extra damage, Eviolite is extra bulk. This is p standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)