CAP Survivor - Episode 1 Teaser (Day 1)

Where should CAP Survivor Episodes Be Posted?

• Here in the CAP metagame subforum!

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Try to get them posted in Flying Press!

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Other (please specify in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Below is a teaser for the rough draft of the first part of episode one; the events so far describe the activities of Day 1 in the game. I'd also like you guys to tell me what I should do with the future full episodes; will they be better posted here in the CAP metagame subforum or should they be posted in someplace else like maybe even Flying Press?

Any suggestions/ideas for improvements are appreciated. I'm also looking for a co-writer!

CAP Survivor Episode 1: Let Me Leave, Damnit
[Teaser only covers up to the end of Day 1)

Disclaimer: Monologues and dialogues here are not word for word of monologues sent to me during the course of the game. I have changed some things up to increase production value and to make it more enjoyable to read. However, I will never make someone in an episode say something drastically different than what they said/were thinking/were doing in the actual game. Sometimes a monologue will be fabricated to better get across an action within the game, but I’ll never make something out of nothing. Monologues will always be formatted in italics and should be treated as a “cutaway” to the person in question sitting alone in front of the camera and sharing their thoughts. Some parts of the social game have been modified to meet the “campsite” feeling of the survivor show.

Parts of the writing are going to be hokey, but this is inevitable when I’m simply trying to have fun with some things. The writing is far from perfect and in general I’ll be trying to give a decent survey of events while leaving enough information unknown so that the reader has to fill in the gaps with their own theories.

The beginning ship scene will try to briefly explain a number of contestant’s relationship to CAP. Being CAP survivor, many of the contestants know each other and this ship scene info hopefully will share some of the basic thoughts known by the contestants… It’s essentially just giving context to the players’ relationships towards one another at the time when they were all just entering the game. Many CAPpers unavoidably knew each other.

--- --- --- ---

Upon a small cruise ship, 18 people congregated on deck, peering out over the horizon before them. The midday sun scorched down but the ocean breeze and the speed of the ship kept the passengers comfortable. A looming island with a tall mountain grew ever closer and nerves were starting to set in. Cameras were set up at various angles on deck and the passengers were still getting used to the fact that their actions would be recorded almost every step of the way.

The group was a motley collection of CAPpers and even a few general Pokemon players in search of the excitement that only a new challenge could offer. Eyes wandered as potential tribe configurations were played out… The group contained a good mixture of experienced leaders and people new to the CAP scene.

Among the group, four leaders stood out in particular. Reachzero was perhaps the most grizzled veteran of the group, having been the Topic Leader of the creation of Tomohawk. However, he had taken a long absence since his most active days of fame. He had only returned to CAP a few weeks earlier and many of the newer players were finding it difficult to get a good vibe on him. He had the experience, but everything he had done was so long ago it was as if they were reading a history book when gazing upon his accomplishments.

Reachzero: I’m here to play and prove that I still am a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.

DarkSlay held a similar story of mystery; he had been an extremely active CAPper who abruptly left for a few years and had only returned a few months ago. He had been the elected TL for creation of Plasmanta, a CAP much more recent than Tomohawk, allowing the majority of the current CAPpers to share familiarity with him. However, right after Plasmanta’s concept assessment, he vanished, necessitating someone else to step up to the plate and finish it for him. Certainly his absence during the middle of a project left a bad taste in some CAPpers’ mouths, but he had returned to CAP for a number of months now and was in the process of mending fences and fixing relationships. He had become more active in the CAP metagame than he had maybe even ever been before, earning himself Room Driver.

DarkSlay: I’m excited to see how the tribes shake things up and I look forward to working with my teammates.

Standing awkwardly near DarkSlay was a silent young man named jas61292. He seemed to be fidgeting consistently as he eyed over the competition, never quite sure of his place in the whole ordeal. He tried relaxing by leaning his elbow on a barrel on the ship but he could just never quite stay still for more than a few moments. There was a young woman standing a few paces away that seemed to be the source of his discomfort.

jas had been the only person in CAP history to TL two projects; Malaconda and Crucibelle. He was an active Room Owner and played the metagame fairly frequently. His social positioning however was a bit unusual for someone with as much experience as himself. When in the CAP room, he was almost always all business and hadn’t developed many clusters of friends among the other contestants. He knew he would have to make connections with new people if he had any chance of getting it far in the game.

jas61292: I fear going into this that there are a lot of newer players that I just don’t know very well. I’m a big survivor fan and I worry that my accomplishments with CAP will put a target on my back, so I recognize that I need to start out early by building up a strong social game… I just have no idea how I would build a social game with a girl… I have almost zero experience talking to girls… Well, I have little experience talking to most people, actually, but girls are a… particularly challenging subset.

cbrevan was certainly the youngest and newest of the four visible leaders, but his accomplishments were still significant. He had recently been promoted to Room Owner and after the original TL left during the middle of Kerfluffle’s creation, cbrevan had stepped it up and took over the leadership duties. He was widely considered one of the best players in the CAP metagame but he had rarely participated in tournaments up to this point and had little opportunity to prove his skill. Unlike jas, he was friendly with the CAP room and thus could see a number of very clear potential allies on the ship with him.

cbrevan: I’m just here to play some CAP and have some fun. It seems like there’s a handful of much more serious Survivor fans than myself but I’ll find a way to manage through the game.

The ship grew ever closer to the mountainous island and it was only a matter of minutes before it slowly eased into the dock. The camera crew signaled for the contestants to head out to the beach, where they noticed a lone figure standing.

“Hello CAPpers!” HeaLnDeaL boomed out. “Welcome to CAP Survivor, a competition that will test 19 players and their wit, fortitude, and commitment over the course of the next 39 days. To start the game off, we will be dividing you up into three tribes.”

cbrevan: Hmm? HeaLnDeaL said 19 players, but there’s only 18 here… did he misspeak or is there something else going on?

The contestants were still shuffling off the boat, but HeaLnDeaL seemed to be wasting no time as he continued. “TraceOfLife, LucarioOfLegends, Galvantula Tank, PenQuin, Kyubics, and reachzero; you will be on the Tomo Tribe.”

The group of young men slowly found themselves as they spilled out onto the beach. Reachzero tried to give them a one over as he eyed his group.

Reachzero: I know next to nothing about my tribemates… I have no idea how things are going to go at this point.

TraceOfLife: I’m a huge Survivor fan and I’m thankful to get another chance to play after I didn’t make it as far as I wanted to in Circus Survivor Season 1. I’m definitely nervous because everyone on my tribe seems to be much more involved in CAP than I am. However, I am kind of relieved I ended up being on reachzero's tribe. I know for a fact he’s a very good player. I wouldn't try getting on his bad side at all, and if he’s not targeted early on then I would like to work with him.

Galvantula Tank: So I vaguely know who reachzero is from his past, and it does make me feel safe to be on his tribe. However, I think I want to work more closely with PenQuin since I have more of a history with him. Everyone else on my tribe? I really just don’t know who they are.

After he saw that the Tomo Tribe had assembled its members into a rough cluster on the beach, HeaLnDeaL moved on. “snake_rattler, Okamu, Frat Dude, Marjane, Granny Pie, and jas61292… You will form the Mala Tribe!”

Snake_rattler: I think I have a pretty good tribe and I seem to be in a pretty good place within my tribe at that. I think Fratty, jas, and myself can form a solid alliance of skilled players. I don’t think I’m the biggest threat and I’m far from dead weight in battle challenges, so I’m feeling pretty comfortable.

The group of five guys and the lone girl congregated on their portion of the beach. Immediately Frat Dude began jumping up, patting snake_rattler on the shoulders and even tried to give him a noogie. Marjane, the young woman, seemed to eye the rambunctious activity from a distance.

Frat Dude: This is going to be a party! I got my bro snakey and it’s not like jas is going to lose a challenge. I don’t know who these other kids are but oh well doesn’t matter when we’re on fire as a tribe!

Marjane: Some of these guys seem a bit… much. I think I’m going to just keep a little bit of buffer space and look for an opening down the road to integrate myself into the tribe.

“And the last tribe will consist of the remaining six of you here.” HeaLnDeaL said. “Snorlax in the way, Broken Phobias, Sundar, GreenGogoatttt, cbrevan, and DarkSlay… you will be on the Plasma Tribe.”

Broken Phobias: My tribe is more or less really nice. I love Plasmanta and it is my favorite Pokemon so it is nice to have it as my tribe mascot. I think we have a great shot at winning this whole thing. That said, of course I am afraid that everyone thinks I am the weakest link when it comes to battling. I’ll have to find someone to partner with early to make sure I’m not the first one to go.

GreenGogoatttt: I can’t wait for the challenges with my tribe! We're gonna win because I’m on the team and I’m gonna try hard and build and test and win. Simple as that.

Within a matter of seconds, the Plasma Tribe assembled and began jostling around as a group. DarkSlay jokingly rest his arm on cbrevan’s head, who was clearly the shortest member of the tribe, while Broken Phobias and Sundar began to whisper about the girl on the Mala Tribe.

“As you can probably tell,” HeaLnDeaL said, “the tribes have been organized roughly based on three CAPmons and the Topic Leaders of the respective CAPs are on their corresponding tribes. Reachzero led Tomohawk’s creation and will now have the option to lead the Tomo Tribe to victory. jas was the man behind Malaconda and now he represents the Mala Tribe. And Darkslay was Plasmanta’s first TL, and I bet most of us hope that he sticks around longer in CAP Survivor than he did with CAP19.”

Pulling out a bundle of parchment, HeaLnDeaL began walking around and giving a map to each of the tribes. “With your map, you will be able to find where your tribal camp is. You will start out with next to nothing; only a bag of rice and a few buckets or pots for water. Making shelter and securing food will be imperative to setting yourselves up to do well in the coming challenges. Good luck everyone, and I’ll see you all later.

The tribes began unrolling their maps and after some excited chatter, they were on their way onto the adventure of a lifetime.

--- Plasma Tribe ---

“High-hoh, it’s off to camp we go!” GreenGogoatttt chanted as he led the Plasma Tribe, carrying the parchment map but barely referring to it. Though there were occasionally spots of smooth sanded beach areas across the terrain, most of the land was covered with rough rocks, abrasive to the touch.

“Hey, look over there!” Snorlax in the way shouted, spotting a large alcove in the rocks, creating a beautiful beach spot with about 100 yards of oceanfront. “That looks like a perfect campsite!”

cbrevan eyed the location but then crouched down to gaze at the map held loosely in GreenGogoatttt’s hand. “Hmm… I think the map is saying the campsite is just a bit further down. We’re not there quite yet.”

“Butbutbut… this is so cool!” Snorlax in the way exclaimed.

“Look around, Snorlax. There’s no trees or anything nearby,” GreenGogoattt pointed out. “We couldn’t make a campsite here even if we wanted to. It would take waaaay too much work to haul so many materials down here.”

“But DarkSlay, don’t you want to be on the beach too?” Snorlax in the way asked, his eyes pleading for DarkSlay’s approval.

DarkSlay gazed at the spot for a moment. “Hmm… let’s just follow the map a bit longer. We’re almost at the real spot, right?”

“Yeah, I don’t think we’re that far away,” Broken Phobias stated, having taken the map right from GreenGogoatttt’s hands. “Maybe fifteen more minutes and we’ll be there? Something like that.”

Trudging on without even the map, GreenGogoatttt giddily skipped through the sand and was almost past the beach site before Sundar began to reluctantly follow him. Broken Phobias sprinted to catch up, flailing around the map and trying to make sure that GreenGogoatttt was actually going the right direction.

DarkSlay glanced at cbrevan, who glanced back before looking at Snorlax in the way.

“I think we better get going before we lose the rest of the group,” DarkSlay meekly said before turning his back and jogging to catch up with the others.

“I don’t wanna go, cbrevan. That dumb goat thinks he can just take charge like that?” Snorlax in the way pouted.

cbrevan paused for a bit, his body standing sideways and his head turning back at forth to look at Snorlax in the way and the rest of the Plasma Tribe. “I don’t think it’s quite like that, Snorlax… He’s just following a map. Come on, let’s just follow them for now. Who knows, maybe the real campsite will be just as cool as this.”

cbrevan waved his hand back, motioning for his tribemate to follow him. And slowly, the two began to catch up with the rest of the group.

--- Mala Camp ---

The six Malas walked into their camp, discovering a roughly 20 by 20 foot clearing in the forest about 100 yards away from the beach. Palm trees and bamboo stalks were plentiful, but coconuts seemed to be a rare sight.

“So uhh how about we briefly introduce ourselves before we get started?” jas61292 suggested. His eyes darted between the group as he tried his best to avoid direct eye contact with Marjane.

“Sure, I can go first I guess,” snake_rattler volunteered. “I’m snake, I’ve been in CAP for a few years now. I like to build Trick Room teams but I’m up for almost anything really. I, umm, can also bestow my snakey powers to our snake-themed tribal mascot.”

“Hey all, I’m Fratty and I’m a student and yes I am part of a fraternity and yes it is super dope,” Frat Dude said. “I just want to say that I’m really glad I’m on this tribe and I think we’re going to run through the competition on auto-pilot. Our tribe is STACKED!”

There was a brief pause in the conversation and to break the awkward silence, jas opened his mouth and began his first sentence… but right on cue, Marjane attempted to speak at the same time. For a moment they just looked at each other, trying to gauge who should go first. jas’s face was growing redder by the second.

“First… you… err, I mean, you can go first… sorry,” jas barely seemed to choke out.

“Oh, thanks,” Marjane replied. “My name is Marjane and I just joined CAP a few weeks ago. I’m super excited about the community and I hope this little adventure will help me get closer to everyone and will help me learn about the metagame.”

“And, umm, I’m, umm, jas61292,” jas said, trying to collect himself. “Hello Everyone. You guys probably know me as a forum moderator and a Room Owner for CAP. It’s probably also know that I’m a survivor fan, so when I saw the opening I just decided to go for it and try out.”

“Like Marjane, I’ve been a part of CAP only for a short while,” Granny Pie said. “This is definitely the biggest thing I’ve been a part of and I look forward to being a team player and to help out in whatever way I can.”

“So that leaves me, huh?” Okamu said, looking out at the ten eyeballs gazing at him. “Well, I guess like jas I’m a fan of survivor. I’m really completely brand new to CAP. I’m getting good, cheery vibes from this group and I’m glad to be part of it. So, umm, should we get started building up camp?”

It took only a few moments for the labor to be divided between the tribe. jas was hoisting Fratty up so that he could climb a few palm trees and gather leaves, tossing them down to Marjane who began weaving them together to make a makeshift tarp. Okamu and Granny Pie began chopping down bamboo and inserting pieces into the ground to make the framework for the shelter. Meanwhile, snake_rattler was going around talking to all the snakes in the area and making sure they’d stay away from camp at night.

Marjane: So while I do feel weird at times about being the only girl here, in the end I don’t think it really matters that much. I think snake_rattler and Fratty seem pretty close and I don’t know if I can infiltrate their pairing at this point. Overall, the camp seems really laid back and no one’s talking game yet… Surely this will change at some point, so I’ll just sit back and observe from a distance. So far, I think Okamu and Granny Pie are the most similar players to me. But I can’t help noticing how jas doesn’t really socialize that much with the other veterans on the tribe… And you know what? I kinda think both Okamu and jas are cute in their own… unique, nerdy ways.

--- Tomo Camp ---

With map in hand, reachzero led the Tomo Tribe along a narrow path that cut through lush forest vegetation. Galvantula briefly winced as he accidentally scraped his arm against a thorny vine but he remained quiet and persevered, following at the rear of the single file line. The sun was inching westward and it felt like the group had been walking for almost an hour.

Finally, the dense plant growth dissipated and the tribe found themselves in a large clearing with a water well just barely visible behind a small fence. There was a vague pile of rocks in the clearing with a bag of rice on the top while a couple of black metal cooking pots and a few axes were strewn about across the damp forest floor. Other than that, the only resources around were the plants.

“Well, so much for living on the beach,” TraceOfLife said, registering somewhere between sarcasm and grumbling.

After an awkward moment of silence, reachzero decided to silently take charge. After grabbing an axe, he walked over to a gather of the smallest trees he could find and began swinging with powerful blows.

Kyubics and PenQuin each grabbed one of the two remaining axes and began helping reachzero. Slowly, a silent assembling line began where reachzero and PenQuin would cut down logs while LucarioOfLegends, TraceOfLife, and Galvantula Tank would drag them into the clearing while Kyubics would refine the cuts so that the logs could be assembled together. After eventually finding some vines to bind the logs, the group was well on their way to finishing their shelter before sunset.

Kyubics: I've wanted to get more involved in CAP for a while, and I saw this experience as an opportunity to get to know more people involved in the project. So... I went for it! First impressions of my team were good, we have a good mix of more and less experienced players and there's no one that I don't get on with especially well. I look forward to getting to know them a little better, for how long though, I don't know. I know it sounds a little cliché but my goal is honestly to make it through the first round and after that is bonus, really.

LucarioOfLegends: This camp is so quiet, but in a way it’s sort of peaceful.

PenQuin: Well, after only a few hours we managed to build a really sturdy shelter, decked out with a full back wall and a roof covered in leaves. We even made a firepit with some of the rocks, but the area is just a bit too damp and we failed to make a fire… Overall, we’re really not talking much and it’s very hard for me to get a read on this tribe.

--- Plasma Camp ---

“So this is our campsite?” Snorlax asked incredulously.

The Plasma Tribe eyed over the spot that their map had led them to. They had to traverse through a small maze of craggy rocks to get to it, but now they were standing in front of a rather large cave. A small bag of rice was sitting near the entrance. Towards the middle, a large hole in the cave ceiling gave the impact of a skylight or oculus, but the light never quite reached the edges of the cave, which looked dark and maybe even a bit wet. About a hundred feet behind the cave was a gentle incline that led to a sparse forest.

“Woah, look how cool this is!” Sundar exclaimed. “It’s like we have our own fortress!”

“I mean sure, if you like dark and dumb places…” Snorlax mumbled.

“Alright, does anyone know how to start a fire?” DarkSlay asked, his eyes looking through the hole above him to see a pinkening sky.

“Ooh, lemme try!” GreenGogoatttt volunteered. “Is there any wood nearby or will we have to climb up to the wooded area?”

Broken Phobias looked around and found a few pieces of dry driftwood near the entrance of the cave and some odds and ends here and there. GreenGogoatttt helped him move them to be slightly off center from the cave’s skylight; the ideal spot to protect a campfire from any rain while still allowing the smoke to escape.

The tribe eagerly stared at Green as he vigorously rubbed a stick between the palms of his hands, the rotation creating friction against another stick, which was surrounded by a pile dried bark flakes (scraped from one of the pieces of wood found). It didn’t take long for smoke to form, and then without warning an ember surged forward, eating through the bark. The tribe, minus Snorlax in the way, all cheered and Sundar quickly stepped in to help feed the flames with small pieces of kindling and helped ease the flame to be strong enough to fully take hold.

GreenGogoatttt stood up and took a comical bow. “Thank you, thank you… I hereby dub this campsite the Anime Lovers Hangout!” Taking a charred end of a stick, he walked over to the cave wall and drew a crude anime girl. He started to write the words “best waifu” next to it, but then suddenly stopped and used his shirt sleeve to erase it.

After some brief discussion, DarkSlay, GreenGogoatttt, and cbrevan decided to head up to the woods to scrounge around for some more wood before it got too dark. Sundar and Broken Phobias went out in search for a water well, leaving Snorlax in the way to stay and watch the fire.

The five others returned at roughly the same time. The fire was still gently blazing, but Snorlax was not to be seen at all, though the bag or rice was opened and a small portion was missing.

cbrevan briefly face palmed. “Ugh, he must have went back to the beach site…”

--- Beach Site near Plasma Camp ---

Angrily marching through the rocks, Snorlax in the way finally spotted the wonderful beach alcove that he so cherished.

Snorlax in the way: Ugh, that dang goat makes me so mad. He thinks he can just march in here and take charge of the tribe and decide where we sleep? Well, I don’t want nothing of that. I got some rice in my belly and I’ll sleep by myself on the beach. That cave is so hard and gross, the sand over here is so great. I’ll show them…

Snorlax then proceeded to pile up the sand and make a makeshift bed, and tried to bury himself a bit into the sand. He lay on his back, just waiting for sleep to come as he stared up at the star filled night sky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)