Survivor CAP Survivor Season II: Hawk Island... And the winner is... Granny Pie!

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hullo Rufflets, the votes are in. The person with the most votes will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately and will join the jury. I will now read the votes.

apricity has played a Hidden Immunity Idol on himself. All votes cast against apricity will not count.

First vote, Umbreon

Second vote, apricity, does not count

Third vote, apricity, does not count

Fourth vote, Umbreon

Fifth vote, airwind. We have 2 votes for Umbreon, 1 for airwind, and 1 left.

Sixth vote, Umbreon. The tribe has spoken. You are now the fourth member of the jury. /me snuffs Epic's torch out.

And then there were 5.

It is now time for our 12th challenge. In this challenge, the remaining players will be designing a fakemon around a given concept. Their submission requires the following:

-Concept direction/ direction explanation (how you're interpreting the given concept and the mon's role in achieving the concept)
-The mon's typing
-The mon's ability/abilities
-The mon's stats
-ONE or TWO competitive sets complete with movesets, EVs, and the same amount of explanation seen in a competitive analysis on the smogdex. Movesets may have slashes, but keep it reasonable.
-You DO NOT submit full movepools, names, art designs, or Pokedex entries. You DO submit weights.

All submissions should be DISCORD PMed to me and NOT viper. Do not send submissions to viper. Once I have all the submissions, I will then anonymously send the submissions to two different groups to be judged; these groups will not know which submission belongs to which player. The first group is the jury, consisting of Whydon, Take Azelfie, Ria, and EpicUmbreon29. The second group will consist of a group of players knowledgeable on the subject. For now, who is in the second group will remain anonymous, but they will be revealed at the end of the challenge.

When judging, the judges are to grade solely based on how well the concept is achieved by each submission and how viable the mon itself is. All players should aim to make their mons roughly between B+ and A+ if they were placed within a viability ranking thread. If the mon is too underwhelming or too strong, the judges should make their voting decisions accordingly.

If a player tries to put anything in his/her submission that makes it obvious that he/she is the one submitting it, I will edit it to read more neutrally. No custom or original moves, abilities, etc are allowed in submissions.

The concept in which the fakemon will be designed around is as follows:

Bird Spam No More! - A mon designed to counter/check many or all of the viable mons in the metagame known for forming Flying Spam. Bird Spam is one of the two major type spams used in the metagame and can be deadly, so this concept aims to reduce the effectiveness of Bird Spam without creating an OP mon.

Oh... and one more thing. The fakemons that you guys are designing will be for the USM Little Cup metagame (not CAP, not OU, CAPLC, just USM LC).

Airwind apricity Granny Pie Marjane rssp1

The players have until Saturday 2/17 at 10 PM EST to turn their submissions in (roughly 32 hours).

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
The votes are in.

First off, rssp1 used an advantage. This advantage let him block a vote from someone else and have the power to cast a second vote, effectively allowing him to steal the voting parchment from another play and be able to use it himself. rssp1 chose to use his advantage on airwind/

With that, I will now read the votes
First vote: Airwind

second vote: Airwind

Third vote: Airwind

That's enough. You will be the fifth member of the jury. The tribe has spoken.

With that, it is time for the next challenge.

We just had a pre-challenge exercise in which all 4 remaining players were online at the same time and participated in a trivia challenge. Questions about CAP, CAP Survivor, and TV Survivor were asked. The first person to answer each question correctly gained a point, but answering incorrectly caused someone to lose a point (but to never drop below 0 points). The first person to get to five points won the challenge. rssp1 won the challenge with 5 points while his fellow players all ended with 0.

For winning the pre-challenge, rssp1 gained an advantage in the challenge.

The challenge is a quadruble round robin tournament; everyone fights everyone else four times. The person with the most wins at the end will win the challenge. rssp1's advantage lets him void one of his losses, thus taking a single point away from the person who beat him during that match.

The Rufflets have 48ish hours to complete the challenge. Good luck.

apricity Granny Pie Marjane rssp1

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Granny Pie has won the challenge and has earned immunity and a guaranteed spot in the final 3.

Rufflets, please send in your votes with due haste.

apricity Granny Pie Marjane rssp1

____

I had just returned to Smogon after a 3 year break playing Mafia on other sites. This game was defined first by my friendship with rssp, and second by my misunderstanding of what Survivor was. I met rssp on my first tribe, and we just clicked. We had honestly maybe twenty thousand messages by the end of the game, sharing life stories, playing games, and becoming friends. In the game, especially after we reunited at merge from a swap that put us on different tribes, we played a strong strategic game. We had rssp as part of a minority alliance, and myself as part of the majority. The two of us engineered voteouts from one alliance, then the other, until we could finally take control of the game with a majority of the two of us and two people we regarded as sheep.

In my head, one of me and rssp were winning this game if we sat in the end with either of them. So I blindsided rssp at F4 in a 2-1-1 vote, and sat in FTC expecting to be crowned. I was instead demolished by a bitter jury and left the game in 3rd place, losing even to someone who self voted at F4.

I look back at the poignant truths that Survivor teaches you. People vote for all sorts of reasons, and once you sit in FTC, the jury hold the power. Sometimes people will recognize that their enemy played a good game -- other times, it doesn't matter. And both are very human reactions.

My friendship with rssp lasted to today. We met up in person, he introduced me to his friend group, which is how I'm now living with my lovely girlfriend and cohost Divya. I host games because I want to give others the ability to gain what I gained from Survivor, in this weird, stupid, vibrant corner of the internet. - Hal

For your next idol clue, find where superstarsrock and Andy Snype made up in a postgame smogon thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Hullo everyone, upon request I am going to officially reveal the results of this game and at least attempt my hand at post game. I've been holding off this reveal for quite some time, as I've tried to wrestle in my head what the morally best way to handle this would be. To put it bluntly, there were multiple stressful moments during this season and really most of the cast is at least minimally involved in one controversy or another. Bullying happened, one user revealed highly personal details about his/her life, one user dealt poorly with the results of losing a certain challenge, and some cut-throat advantage hunting and alliance stabbing left wounds for many.

In other words, this shit was great fucking TV.

But at the end of the day, these people who played this game did not sign up to have all of their personal flaws or details broadcast over Smogon. And as such, I cannot even hope to describe all of the social aspects of the game in a way that is fair to the castaways themselves. By the time you get to read the FTC, you'll notice some very high levels of salt. I can't explain everything that brought up that drama, but I will say that the drama was definitely real and this was a very, very intense season to host. But the players are people too, and so I won't get into every nitty gritty detail and I ask any thread readers here to respect the privacy of the castaways as well.

Immediately below are the the three "mini episodes" that I wrote that describe the events of the first three eliminations in the game. These three episodes were each written immediately after the events that occurred within them, NOT after the entire game was over. However, keeping up with writing the mini-episodes proved to be a lot of work and I just couldn't keep the steam going and had to stop so I could focus on running the season itself (For circus s5, I have shifted to writing down major events as they happen with barebones detail so that I can have a smaller list of events without getting burned out). So, rather than having episodes for the fourth elimination until the end of the game, instead I will include a GREATLY abbreviated version of the game. However, I *have* managed to provide a substantively complete final tribal council. Some things in FTC that I judged to be of lesser importance I cut out so that it would still be readable, but by and large it shows how things went down over there.
-----
Mini Episode 1: I Am the Third Wheel

18 people arrived at CAPtonia's Hawk Island to play in the second season of CAP Survivor. They were immediately sorted into two tribes. The orange tribe was Hawlucha and consisted of Escoffier, Heaven Jay, KKirby, Marjane, mxmts, Snorlax in the way, tonithetourguide, Whydon, and Wobbleleez. The purple tribe was Tomohawk and included Airwind, Animus Majulous, apricity, EpicUmbreon29, Granny Pie, KrazyCake, Ria, rssp1, and Take Azelfie.

Upon reaching his tribe's camp, Snorly immediately went into action. The first person he talked to was Marjane, thinking that she would just blindly follow him because he thought her s1 game was unimpressive. Next, he talked to mxmts. Individually, he tried to play Marjane and mxmts against each other by claiming that one was a threat to the other. He decided that Marjane was more of a threat than he originally wanted and privately declared her to be his first choice to leave the tribe.

Snorly quickly found the first clue to the Hidden Immunity Idol as a link hidden in the tribal discord (yes, snorly finally joined discord this time) and continued to go on a scavenger hunt. After a series of steps, he became stuck in a long rhyming riddle. Out of emotional desperation, he told Marjane all of the clues he had found up to that point, despite already having her marked as his target. Neither of them have been able to solve the riddle.

On the Tomohawk tribe, alliances were slow forming. rssp1 took the most active role and talked to apricity, Airwind, Ria, Granny Pie, and Take Azelfie. He identified apricity as the only person who had a real two-way conversation, and the only person who would ask questions back to him in return. However, he thought apricity's mafia experience would prove to be dangerous to him later in the game and so he planned to keep apricity around until the merge and hopefully cut him off afterwards. rssp1 deemed Airwind to be the most trustworthy person on the tribe for him to work with.

The first challenge was CAP USM in a series of Bo1 matches; 5 people from each tribe were picked to participate. Tomohawk chose Animus, Airwind, Epic, Ria, and Take Azelfie to fight and Hawlucha chose Snorly, Jay, mxmts, Escoffier, and Kkirby.

The matches were completed in record time and Hawlucha won the first three matches and won tribal immunity thanks to wins by Escoffier, Kkirby, and mxmts.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7cap-690457957
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7cap-690457601
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7cap-690456446

The winners celebrated their victory and eventually a late Whydon joined them. Snorlax seized the opportunity to talk to Whydon and shared his plan to vote out Marjane first if they were to ever go to tribal council. Meanwhile, Snorly made an alliance server with Marjane and Heaven Jay but asked Whydon not to talk to Jay and to let him do the talking.

After losing, the Tomohawk tribe went back to camp and rssp1 began scrambling. He asked Airwind, apricity, and Ria to vote Animus with him and was told by Azelfie that he had already sent his vote in for someone else. rssp1 recognized that Animus had yet to join the tribal discord and feared he'd be dead weight. However, Airwind didn't like that rssp1 tried to call the shots and pick who was fighting in the challenge, and as a result, Airwind voted for rssp1.

Meanwhile, Azelfie began telling others that KrazyCake (another player yet to join the discord) was a bad player, citing his dismal performance in one of the past seasonals. He got Epic to vote with him and apricity was approached. Stuck between rssp1 and another alliance, apricity was torn.

Eventually KrazyCake joined the discord server late and tried his best to talk to people. He discovered there were a few potential Animus votes so he voted Animus.

While everyone else was strategizing, Granny Pie pet the Mail Shibe and discovered an easter egg in the game. After each pet, the Mail Shibe "went up a level" and eventually gave Granny Pie an advantage. The hint revealed that a series of steps were involved in finding the Hidden Immunity Idol and Granny could choose to use the Shibe advantage now to have a hint to find the first clue or could save the hint to use to help solve a clue that he could be stuck on in the future. Granny chose to use the hint right away and was directed to look in the tribe's smogon chat. After following a series of clues that had Granny diving across the forums, Granny made great progress but became stuck on a short, but cryptic, riddle involving rules. The hunting cost Granny the opportunity to talk about the vote, and so he only considered challenge performance and cast his vote for Epic.

Animus, not talking to his tribe at all, voted Airwind.

When the votes were revealed, it was a 3-3 tie between Animus and KrazyCake, prompting a revote.

Apricity lied to rssp1 and said he voted for Animus the first time when he had actually voted for Cake, and worked together with this false information to make rssp1 think the votes were as follows:
Airwind - krazy
Animus Majulous - rssp
apricity - animus
EpicUmbreon29 - krazy
Granny Pie - umbreon
KrazyCake - airwind
Ria - animus
rssp1 - animus
Take Azelfie - krazy

Meanwhile, apricity had actually talked to enough people to correctly identify the votes as:
Airwind - rssp
Animus Majulous - airwind
apricity - krazy
EpicUmbreon29 - krazy
Granny Pie - umbreon
KrazyCake - animus
Ria - animus
rssp1 - animus
Take Azelfie - krazy

Apricity planned to vote for Cake again and would lie to rssp1 again. Apricity was sure that the votes would be locked in for Cake and he indicated he would target Granny next since he wished to work with Epic and by this point Epic knew that Granny voted for him. Apricity identified himself as "the third wheel between Epic and Azelfie" and wished to remain close to rssp1 to keep the numbers on his side. Still, he seemed to enjoy being in that spot and felt safe because of it.

Ria flipped on the revote and voted out Cake instead of Animus. This lead the revotes to be 2 votes for Animus and 5 for KrazyCake, and thus KrazyCake was the first to be eliminated from the game.

Mini Episode 2: Literally all of my plans are up in F L A M E S

After the first vote, rssp1 discovered that Ria flipped and voted out KrazyCake. However, apricity threw Granny Pie under the bus by telling rssp1 that Granny lied to them and didn't vote out Animus. rssp1 still felt granny wasn't in any close alliances and could still be used as an asset, but was irked by the supposed betrayal and so he remained blind to the fact that apricity was manipulating him and had voted for Cake.

At the challenge, Kkirby was saddened to see KrazyCake eliminated first. The competition was revealed to be past generation CAP metagame battles and the tribes had to select two players each for gen 4, 5, and 6 matches.

The flow of the battles seemed to be the complete opposite of what was seen last challenge. Airwind, EpicUmbreon29, and Take Azelfie all gained early victories to make up for their embarrassing defeats in the previous challenge. Granny Pie then seized a match from mxmts with the help of some hax, sealing the Tomohawk's victory.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-691283889
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen4customgame-343419
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5customgame-691363118
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5customgame-691377979

Back at the winner's camp, spirits were high. Take Azelfie shared a wild idea that the mail shibe was actually a hidden immunity idol in disguise. This prompted EpicUmbreon29 and rssp1 to both independently interact with the mail shibe (which apparently split like a cell and could play with both players at the same time without the other noticing). Both Umbreon and rssp1 tried to give the shiba inu some treats and then tried various other commands. rssp1 rather quickly figured out that petting the mail shibe increased its relationship level and he seized the opportunity to receive a hint from the mail shibe's bag. Umbreon took much longer trying to piece together that only multiple petting actions would lead to a hint, and by the time he received the hint he was tired and had to go to sleep.

Meanwhile, rssp1 went on a mad dash for clues, eventually stopping only when he was stuck where Granny Pie had reached the night before, as he couldn't figure out the short and vague clue regarding rules. However, rssp1's adrenaline was still pumping and he just couldn't stop. Believing that apricity was the only one who didn't betray him in the last vote, rssp1 turned to apricity for some assistance. He told apricity about all of the clues he had found so far and then told him to pet the mail shibe to receive a hint. apricity complied and he used his shibe hint to be able to learn that the clue was referring to subforum rules within smogon. Together apricity and rssp1 dug through countless rules stickies but were still stumped.

At the loser's camp, Snorlax in the way enacted his plan to get Marjane out. He rallied Heaven Jay and Kkirby together and told him his intentions. In an effort to get mxmts and Whydon on his side, Snorly gave them the clues to the Hidden Immunity Idol that he found so far. The plan backfired, however, as Whydon began to see all of Snorlax's scheming, bossing, and clue hunting as traits that put up a big red flag. Whydon promptly informed Marjane that Snorlax was gunning for her while Snorlax used Heaven Jay to create a ruse, telling Marjane that they would be voting for tonithetourguide.

Marjane was torn on who to believe as a part of her genuinely did want to work with Snorlax. However, she hid her struggle from both sides and pretended to work with both camps. Meanwhile, Whydon talked with Escoffier and tonithetourguide, arguing to them that Snorlax was too sneaky to work with and telling toni that Snorlax had brought his name up. Neither side appeared to be talking to Wobbleleez, but at the last minute it appeared that Whydon made contact and told him the plan.

Back with the Tomohawk tribe, rssp1 and apricity were able to finally solve the "rules" riddle and lurched forward. This led them to search a user's profile to find another clue and solved a short riddle to get to another. After searching diligently through a thread for a hidden link, they finally found the last clue to the HII, which housed another riddle. Both were allowed to have 2 guesses per day, but they squandered the guesses early and were left without their idol. In a confessional, apricity revealed that he wanted to work with rssp1 on the side and keep a stronger alliance with Umbreon and a few others, but the joint idol hunt complicated things and he would be willing to work more closely with rssp1 if the rufflet praiser found the idol first.

Right before the vote, Marjane was still conflicted, but when Whydon and mxmts revealed that Snorlax had shared idol clues with them, she realized Snorlax was playing multiple angles. Marjane confronted Snorlax about it, but he lied about sharing the clues with others and Marjane knew what had to be done. Snorlax still felt he was safe since he believed mxmts and Whydon were on his side, but in a confessional he noted that his game had went up in F L A M E S and that too many people would know about his scheming. Just a short while later, his flame was snuffed. The final votes were:

Escoffier - Snorlax in the way
Heaven Jay - Marjane
Kkirby - Marjane
Marjane - Snorlax in the way
mxmts - Snorlax in the way
Snorlax in the way - Marjane
tonithetourguide - Snorlax in the way
Whydon - Snorlax in the way
Wobbleleez - Snorlax in the way
Heaven Jay - Marjane

Will voting out a big schemer help the Hawlucha tribe trust each other or will losing a challenge asset hurt them more in the long run? Time will tell.

Mini Episode 3: DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?

With Snorlax out of the game, Whydon appeared to be leading the Hawlucha tribe. He was worried that Marjane still doubted him so close to the vote, but after the votes were read he knew that Marjane had sided with him and that she had no where to go but to trust him after her supposed allies Snorlax and Jay betrayed her. Whydon created a groupchat alliance to stay closer to Escoffier and tonithetourguide where he shared some concerns with Marjane in order to keep himself in better graces with them. However, in a confessional Whydon still expressed interest in working with Marjane and that he just wished to control her options to only being able to work with him.

At Tomohawk, apricity created an alliance with Airwind, Umbreon, and Take Azelfie. Here, he tried to stir the pot and put a bit of blame on Granny Pie and rssp1 for being sneaky and not talking too much to others. Animus was still a big unknown that confused the alliance as well. Still stuck on the riddle along the way to get the Hidden Immunity Idol, apricity shared several clues that rssp1 had given him with his new alliance. Eventually his alliance got stuck on the last riddle and apricity decided to feed them false hope and gave them answer suggestions that he knew wer wrong in order to prevent any of them from getting the idol before he could.

At the challenge, each tribe picked three pairs of players to participate in unscrambling phrases of varying difficulty. For the "easy" phrase, Hawlucha picked HeavenJay and Kkirby while Tomohawk picked EpicUmbreon29 and Ria. The two pairs competed to solve a 4 word phrase of scrambled letters:

AETHLOAEWLMKSIWCOND

The players were told that the phrase related to the current season of CAP survivor. At the 1 hour mark, both pairs were given a hint by being told one of the words within the phrase.
Hawk

After receiving the first given word, Epic and Ria were able to get things into gear and solved the puzzle. However, Jay and Kkirby remained stuck and needed to wait to get their second given word to solve the phrase.
To

Fortunately, the second word helped Jay and Kkirby and they were able to solve it without much trouble from that point on.

Welcome To Hawk Island

For the moderate phrase, Hawlucha chose Whydon and mxmts to solve while apricity and Take Azelfie were picked to play for Tomohawk. This time, the was a 6 word phrase to be unscrambled:

LLHIISEEKDIESANCVUOQDGDTPY

The major given hint at the beginning for this phrase was that it related to this challenge itself. After one hour of struggling without a ton of headway except for a small list of possible words, the 1 hour mark rolled by and the first given word was revealed.

Deep

Both pairs hadn't considered the above word, so it helped them start generating ideas, but still didn't give them much headway. It wasn't until the second hour mark neared that Whydon and mxmts started to pick up the pace and were able to solve the phrase. Tomohawk however needed help from a second given word, but after receiving it they were then very quickly able to figure out the scrambled letters.

And

Dig Deep And Solve This Quickly

For the last and most difficult phrase, Hawlucha chose Escoffier and Wobbleleez while Tomohawk chose rssp1 and Granny Pie. The players were told that the phrase somehow referenced the flavor of the season. The phrase was 11 words total but 3 of those words were given unscrambled while the 8 remaining words were given scrambled:

AKAWRLHKYAKMRIBELOAEONDBIIID + BUT I’M NOT

Both teams were able to quickly figure out that "but I'm not" was a clause that separated two subjects within the phrase and they made headway with possible words very quickly. However, a few key words eluded them, causing the challenge to drag on. Both tribes needed three given words before they were able to solve:

Bird

May

Look

I May Look Like A Hawk But I'm Not Bird Brained

After all the pairs had solved their phrases, the scores were revealed and the total times tallied. Though Hawlucha had slightly edged out their competition in the moderate and difficult phrases, they lost by a huge margin in the easy phrase, which allowed Tomohawk to have the faster total time, letting them to win immunity again.

Though glad that they won the challenge, the Tomohawk tribe was still not fully content since the search for the Hidden Immunity Idol was looming over everyone (except for Animus, who was still largely inactive). apricity tried to keep his alliance of Umbreon, Airwind, and Take Azelfie off of the trail, but wrangling in so many people proved to be difficult and before long it was revealed that Umbreon was talking to Ria about the HII clues and that Granny Pie was somehow caught up as well. It truly became a mad dash for the idol as the whole tribe (minus Animus) had reached the last clue due to apricity's poor information management.

While alone with rssp1 and still pretending to be working primarily with only the rufflet praiser, apricity revealed the idea of continuing to pet the mail shibe to see if more hints were available. They both quickly went into action and discovered that there was a 30-pets-per-day limit, and after the limit was reached the shibe would lose interest and leave. This led the duo to believe that there was something waiting for them if they could level up their shibe relationships to 100, so they decided to continue to give the shibe more pets each day. However, rssp1 had a crucial advantage in this, since after receiving his first hint at level 5, he had went back and leveled it up to 10, but had initially given up upon not receiving another hint. This meant that after the first day of max limit pets, apricity's relationship level was only 35 but rssp1's was 40. rssp1 would only need two more days of petting to reach 100 while apricity would need three.

But just because the shibe petting stopped didn't mean that the idol solving did as well. The next day, rssp1 and apricity resumed petting before deciding to take a crack at solving the idol riddle once again. Suddenly, a possible answer emerged and was shared between the duo. However, the two guesses per day limit scared them into not acting right away and they decided to hold off an official answer until they could think about it some more.

This gave apricity some time to talk with his larger alliance, where he shared the possible answer with them but then tried to discredit it by saying it might not be right. The potential answer garnered a fair amount of interest, which peaked apricity's attention. He still wasn't fully sure, but he wanted to go back to rssp1 to check in. Once back, he revealed that he was going to make an official guess. Since apricity made the guess within his alliance chat with rssp1, the idol was then discovered with both of them present. Together they read the idol message on the back, which bore the large letters "Dare You Use It?" above the idol's rules, which stated that the last time it could be played was when only 5 players remained in the game. Both were extremely ecstatic that their hard work had finally payed off, causing apricity to yell out boastfully, "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM???? YEAH THAT'S RIGHT, SAY MY NAME AGAIN!"

However, since apricity leaked the answer to his other alliance before he had actually submitted it, it was only a matter of time before the others were fast of the trail. Person after person on the Tomohawk tribe submitted the correct answer, only to be given a message saying that the idol was no where to be found at the location where it was marked to be. Quickly this caused Umbreon, Take Azelfie, and Airwind to begin asking the others if they had received the same message; anyone who had not received the message would be a suspect for having the idol and thus would be targeted. For a while apricity felt the heat and considered caving to tell his alliance he had found it. However, rssp1 had a better idea, and he submitted the idol answer so that he could see what the host message would say regarding the idol's absence. rssp1 shared the message with apricity, and so together they were able to lie to the others as if they did not solve it in time. However, a few people such as Umbreon weren't fully buying the story since they knew apricity had mentioned the right answer to them first and the alternative to apricity of rssp1 having the idol was that Animus Majulous had found it since he never replied to any of their questions. However, the odds of inactive Animus finding the idol seemed almost at zero to the tribe. Still, apricity tried his best to stay talking with his larger alliance and did his best to calm any worries.

At Hawlucha, Kkirby and Heaven Jay were on the outs after their ally Snorlax was voted out. To make matters worse, they were the pair that performed so badly in the challenge that the tribe had still lost even though Hawlucha's members had bested their opponents. Despite all of this, they hoped that there battle skill would save them at tribal council and they conspired to get out Marjane.

When talking to Whydon, Marjane revealed that she thought tonithetourguide was a weaker player than Jay or Kkirby and that toni would drag the tribe down in the next challenge. Whydon viewed this as a potential threat to his position, as he wanted to stay strong with the non-CAPper alliance of himself, Escoffier, and toni. By this point, Whydon had already revealed to Marjane that he was close with Escoffier, so Marjane went to talk with him about the vote. Escoffier seemed a bit reluctant to share, but ultimately he revealed that he was going to vote out Kkirby because of his incredibly poor challenge performance two challenges in a row.

Thanks to the Escoffier's statement, Marjane decided to vote out Kkirby instead of toni. This left Kkirby and Heaven Jay voting for Marjane while the rest of the tribe voted Kkirby out of the game. However, cracks in Marjane's alliance began to show. Will Whydon retain control over the majority alliance on the tribe? Will mxmts and wobbleleez find Whydon or Marjane to be more attractive to work with? Will voting out two good battlers in a row haunt the tribe's performance throughout the rest of the game? I have no clue, but closing with some dramatic questions might be fun so I'll leave it at that :]

-----
Note that the below two hide tags contain absolute bare bones information. More discussion on individual things can be found in the FTC recalling of events.
-rssp1 pet his tribe's mail shibe until it was level 100, allowing him to get quite an advantage; since the mail shibes could communicate with one another, rssp1 could now use his mail shibe to figure out the idol clues for the other tribe. rssp1 and apricity went on a mad dash sorting through the other tribe's clues, and eventually rssp1 gained the other tribe's idol.
-Hawlucha tribe lost for the third time in a row. Tonithetourguide was voted out.

-Tribe swap occurred. The New Hawlucha Tribe consisted of EpicUmbreon29, HeavenJay, Marjane, Ria, rssp1, Whydon, and Wobbleleez. The New Tomohawk Tribe consisted of Airwind, Animus Majulous, apricity, Escoffier, Granny Pie, mxmts, and Take Azelfie.
-Tomohawk loses the first challenge. mxmts is voted out.

-Both tribes go to tribal council. Escoffier is voted out of Tomohawk and Wobbleleez is voted out of Hawlucha.

-Hawlucha loses the next challenge. After a tie, both HeavenJay and rssp1 flip their votes to avoid rocks... however, they both were on opposites sides of the vote to start with, so their new votes cancel each other out and it's still a tie. Rocks come up... and HeavenJay is eliminated.

-rssp1/apricity/umbreon earn the ability to send a future shibe mail letter to a juror of their choice because they pet the mail shibes so frequently

-rssp1 wins individual immunity
-A clue for the hidden immunity idol was hidden in the challenge results post, prompting people to go crazy looking.
-Whydon voted out because Granny told Umbreon/Azelfie/Airwind alliance that Whydon was leaking information.

-Granny wins individual immunity
-Umbreon finds the Rufflet hidden immunity idol
-rssp1/hal plan to split the votes?
-Take Azelfie voted out; 1 Animus self vote, 2 votes Marjane, 2 votes rssp1, 4 votes Take Azelfie

-rssp1 gains clue advantage in the auction
-Umbreon wins individual immunity
-apricity finds shibe fur (can only be used before f6 and if a tie vote occurs. the person with the shibe fur can axe away one vote of their chose after the tie votes are revealed)
-Animus pulled for inactivity (medavacced) but tribal council goes on anyway
-Umbreon gives his idol to Airwind
-At tribal council, Airwind plays the idol on himself. Upon seeing that Airwind played an idol, rssp1 was torn between playing his own idol on himself or having apricity play his idol. Ultimately, rssp1 plays his own idol on himself.
-After four votes on Airwind and three on rssp1, a revote is initiated.
-Ria voted out; 4 votes on Ria and 3 on Granny Pie. (Ria believed to be closer to Umbreon and thus a stronger obstacle?)

-rssp1 wins the awesome running fence challenge; he was the only player who properly organized a group via discord.
-Marjane and Umbreon make ammends and Marjane vows to not vote out Umbreon. However, after realizing that the others are voting Umbreon out, Marjane puts a throwaway vote on Airwind.
-Apricity plays his idol on himself, blocking 2 votes (Umbreon/Airwind) aimed at him
-Umbreon voted out

-Granny Pie wins individual immunity
-Airwind voted out; airwind sees his fate and all votes are on airwind (can't remember if rssp1 used his vote steal here, but that would explain why there's no non-airwind votes)

-Granny Pie wins individual immunity
-apricity finally enacts his long-awaited plan to vote out rssp1; he recruits Granny Pie to help him.
-Marjane votes apricity and rispy votes Marjane, creating a 2-1-1 split BEFORE Tara/Dave/Lisa had managed to pull it off :^)
-rssp1 voted out (he trusted hal and didn't even try to talk to Marjane)

-----
Before Final Tribal Council: The contestants had one last challenge to face before standing in front of the Jury. This was the Final Shiba Test, which consisted of a mix of questions about Shiba Inu as a breed and trivia-esque knowledge about the Shibas and their various advantages within the season. It was announced that the winner of this challenge would get an advantage that would not be revealed until FTC started.

Ultimately the challenge ended in a tie in which apricity and Granny Pie both got almost every question correct whereas Marjane trailed behind by a huge margin.

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Final Tribal Council started and apricity and Granny's advantages were revealed; both players would get an additional vote that was already locked in, to be cast by one of the shibas that had become a name-sake within the season.

All three finalists were given the chance to independently craft Tribal Council opening statements. Both apricity and Granny Pie took this very seriously and both made recordings for speeches on why they deserved to win. Marjane, however, lacked the care to make an opening statement and after waiting on her for quite some time without receiving anything, I was forced to start Final Tribal Council without it.

apricity's opening arguments can be found here:

Granny Pie's opening arguments can be listened to here: https://vocaroo.com/i/s1jzOqvgrNcY
Granny Pie's transcript which is missing a tiny bit from his recording but largely contains it all minus a few lines
Hey, guys. I just want to start with a thank you. I’m not going to dispute that I’ve worked hard to get here, and that I deserve to be in this Final 3. That being said, I want to thank you, yes, YOU, for helping me get here. Our lives, our trials, and our elations are built upon our own work, and the help of others. Thank you for helping me. You’ve inspired me to do better, try harder, and to make new friends. You’ve helped me to improve my own play and teambuilding. Without your help, I wouldn’t be here. And I’m going to win for you. To recognize your achievements and your abilities. To make clear just how much every single person matters in this game. You matter. Let’s prove to the world this truth.
My game began obscurely. In Tomohawk tribe, I had friends, and had a wonderful time reacquainting with those I hadn’t talked to in months. While petting Lucky, one of HeaL’s mail shibes, he revealed to me a clue to find an idol. In the coming days, I teamed up with Take Azelfie and apricity to find this idol. We made significant progress, aided along by some others, rssp1 especially, but we all found the idol missing when we solved the final puzzle. Through rssp1’s methods of questioning, and the questions he asked, I guessed that he had found the idol before us, and kept that knowledge in the back of my mind, knowledge that turned out to be correct in the coming weeks. Challenges past. rssp1 and I worked together on the word scramble, us both staying up late in voice chat, bouncing ideas off of each other to solve this puzzle. I was complaining at the time, but that puzzle was one of my favorite parts of this season, and it’s all thanks to rssp1’s humor and personality. He was a lot of fun to work with, and I determined to keep our synergy going in the later challenges. I built teams for him, trained and tested with him, and formed strategies with him. Eventually, the tribe swap happened. I was still paired with Azelfie, and apricity, where we adopted the strategy “Keep Tomo Tribe pure”, resolving to vote out the members of the original Hawlucha tribe. We stayed together and stayed strong, eliminating Escoffier and mxmts before the merge.
And wow, what a merge it was. We learned of the dynamics in Hawlucha tribe, described to us by rssp1, the man who we were originally in an alliance with, and hoped he would get to merge safely. It became clear that EpicUmbreon was running the show, and that his new target was Marjane. Integrating her into our alliance for the numbers and for the fence-support, rssp1, apricity, Whydon, and I devised plots to keep us as the majority party. Sadly, Whydon was lost, but we used rssp1’s intimate knowledge of Umbreon’s targets and strategies to overcome the next several votes through sheer numbers, eliminating Azelfie, a core member of Umbreon’s alliance. The next vote was a doozy. Our alliance planned to eliminate Airwind, the clearest threat to us with his superior play across all boards. Amazingly, he and Umbreon had predicted this, and played an Immunity Idol upon Airwind. rssp1, fearing for his life, made the clutchest play I’ve seen here on Survivor, and played an Immunity Idol on himself, nullifying all votes that round, and forcing a revote, where our numbers overwhelmed Umbreon’s, Airwind’s, and Ria’s, and Ria was voted out. The majority was definitively ours. Finally, Umbreon was voted out after an altercation between himself and rssp1, strangely making me feel bad about voting out the antagonist to my protagony. Umbreon was a strong player, a strong battler, and a strong man. He made post-merge very interesting, almost singlehandedly.
But my favorite challenge was next: Create a Pokemon for the LC Metagame to counter the prevalent flying-types of the tier. I won that challenge resoundedly, having the most fun I’ve had here on this season. Airwind was then eliminated as the final member of the opposing alliance, and the most likely receiver of many votes were he to make it to the Final 3. There were then 4, the 4 of my alliance consisting of myself, Marjane, apricity, and rssp1. After much deliberation and soul searching, apricity and I decided to vote on rssp, with the idea that he was the most likely of the 4 of us to receive the most votes, as he had his fingers in almost every pie this game. rssp1 had friends… has friends, and if either of us wanted a shot, apricity and I agreed that rssp1 couldn’t be in our way. After winning the final challenge, and winning immunity for the third time post-merge, I voted out rssp1.
And now there are 3. Myself, apricity, and Marjane. And I want to win. I want to win for you. I want to prove the skills that you have given me, and to recognize you for your help. I like you all, and I’ve gotten along with you all very strongly. I’ve proven myself in battle, I’ve proven myself in the creation of a Pokemon (the basis of this entire Survivor), and I’ve proven myself as diplomatically strong. Can you say that apricity supported you as much as I have? As much as I will? What about Marjane? These two are my friends, and it hurts to put them below me, but the truth is there. I am worthier than them. But I’m only worthy because you helped me get here. Through your antagony and through your support, you’ve helped me improve my skills, improve them enough to be here, among the Final 3. Thank you for helping me improve. Thank you for making me worthy enough to win, and to win for all us.

After I posted these opening statements, the jury started off with their questions. At first they were quite kind to Marjane and wished for her to have her chance to explain why she deserved to win, but she did not immediately reply.

Juror EpicUmbreon29 asked apricity to make an argument for why someone would not want him to win and then to try to refute that argument. Apricity replied that he'd be willing to refute an argument but said that he was not comfortable making the initial argument against himself.

Next up, Take Azelfie asked apricity if he had tried to split votes to play around idols in the game. Azelfie then shared that he was worried he did something to ruin his friendship with apricity, causing apricity to vote him out; Azelfie even revealed that he fainted at school because of how hard the blow had hit him. Within his answer, apricity ignored the personal nature of Azelfie's words and replied by saying "We didn't eliminate you out of spite lol" and that he just wanted to win the game.

Whydon was the next juror to enter the fray. He started off with a polite question to Granny Pie, asking him what his best move in the game was and why. But then he was the first juror to dig in his heels and really go after apricity. He revealed that the jury was pissed off at him for the way he handled personal relationships:
Whydon said:
Why did you completely disregard the strategy of jury management from your game, just so that you could make the game more "entertaining" or "complex" for yourself? What, if anything, did you do in this game to prevent the jury from being pissed at you? (disclaimer: we are pissed at you)
EpicUmbreon then piggybacked on Whydon's sentiments and asked apricity why he chose to use an earlier advantage the way he did; earlier, during a scavenger hunt near the beginning of the merge, several players gained the ability to send a one-way "shibe mail" letter to a member of the jury at any time they chose. This advantage was specifically designed as a way to let a player further a relationship that they had on the jury. apricity chose to send his letter to Take Azelfie, but he (and the rest of the jury that he showed the letter to) read apricity's words as simply gloating about how good he was in getting Take Azelfie out, and the letter lacked any attempts at forming or repairing a social connection that transcended the game and its strategy.

Apricity replied to Whydon by first admitting that not miffing the jury was a flaw in his game, but then he later backtracked and tried to pass it off as something that couldn't be avoided:
apricity said:
Really though, how do you prevent people from getting pissed at you when you vote them out to further your own game? It's always a betrayal when you vote against someone for them to be eliminated from the game.
When trying to answer Umbreon's question regarding the shibe mail, apricity mostly blew it off, saying that if he was eliminated he'd want to just know the strategic reasons behind it, and implying that he didn't care about the social implications. Whydon then replied to apricity to back Umbreon up, echoing the notion that apricity was simply flexing his muscles and rubbing it in to the jury why they lost. Whydon also stated that he didn't like how apricity ignored him in the game until the first merge vote and only tried to get information out of him instead of having a meaningful two-way conversation. Referring to parts of apricity's opening statement, Whydon then tried to give Marjane a chance to address if she really was in the dark about strategy during the game, as apricity claimed.

Airwind was the next up to ask a question, and he asked Marjane why she chose not to work with him and echoed Whydon's earlier question to Granny (what was his best move and why).

rssp1 stepped up and tried to clear as much salt as he could, saying he wasn't mad at any of the finalists.He revealed that Marjane had stopped wanting to play at the final 5 and asked her if she even wanted to win the game. He then refuted that Hal should be calling himself an underdog who survived for so long despite not being a capper (arguing that being unaffiliated actually gave him the advantage of being picked up by a bigger alliance). His remaining questions for apricity seemed to point out some inconsistencies of hal claiming that Granny would beat him in the social vote and yet he still took Granny over rssp1. In addressing Granny Pie, rssp1 said he was impressed that Granny was able to deduce he had an idol and then asked Granny to elaborate on the moves that he made within the game.

After this, Granny finally entered the conversation and started the most long winded critique of apricity's game yet. He went after apricity's use of language and how he dehumanized the players, actively calling them pawns and overvaluing how much control he had in the game and undervaluing the contributions of the others. Defending himself, Granny explained all of the information that his social game had allowed him to gather, particularly what advantages existed, what they did, and who had them (some of these being things he had deduced on his own through subtle hints rather than anyone flat out telling him). He also accurately described the relationships that formed between other players, showing that even if he didn't pull the trigger on all of the big moves he still knew who was doing what. And to draw a sharp contrast between himself and argued, Granny argued that he was able to get moves to happen that benefited him because of how people were willing to trust him. apricity, in comparison, had to make moves that flew against trust because he constantly lied to people and lost trust quickly. Granny concluded this remark by individually thanking the members of the jury and expressing gratitude for how there actions allowed him to get to the end:
Granny Pie said:
Azelfie, I want to thank you for the help and trust on the Idol Puzzles, and in votes. Airwind, I want to thank you for having faith in my skills and helping me grow as a player. You are one the biggest people making me want to improve my gameplay, as you inspire me to greater things. Whydon, I want to thank you for coming to us out of the blue and trusting us, trusting me with your legacy. Umbreon, thank you for trusting me with your emotions and your heart. I want you to know that you made the right choices, and that you are an amazing player. Ria, I want to thank you for, like Airwind, inspiring me to improve. You are a giant in the world of CAP, and I want to learn more from you.
In referring to his best moves, Granny replied by saying:
Granny Pie said:
My best move in this game is in fact a series of moves. My subtle understanding of rssp1's play, and the subtext of what he says led me to play around him a little bit, deferring when needed to stay out of the crosshairs of rssp1 and Hal. I read rssp1 well, because were both fairly open with each other. Singularly, though, I believe my best play is in F4, as my immunity at that point guaranteed my movement onto the F3. F4 was where I was the most afraid, where it was most likely for rssp1 and Hal to come against me with the idea that I was more of a threat than them.

My mindset for the game was simple: Make friends and keep them. When I have friends, I have more opportunities to learn and grow with them, because they won't want to vote me out. At first, I worked to raise everyone up with me as far as I can. But when the numbers whittle down, I have to become a Champion of the People, a voice for those who've brought me here and helped me improve. When I'm a friend for those who are left, and a representative for those who aren't, I become a hero, one who's worthy to win for all of us. And as the numbers whittle even further, the ambitions of those who are left can outweigh my own likability. And thus, I had to win challenges, win immunities, the key one being in the Final 4. But now, as the competitions end, the bonds I've built and friendships I've maintained are my strongest point, even over my own battling skills, improved by those around me. The combination of my strong play and strong bonds will carry us all.
Not seeing much from Marjane, Airwind then asked why Granny should win over her. He replied with:
Granny Pie said:
Marjane has all but dropped out of this contest, a situation that I feel very sad about, much like Umbreon losing his want to play. It hurts to watch someone I like and someone I respect lose interest, but that's how things are. I wish she wasn't so burnt out... She would have made wonderful competition in this Final 3.
After this, Marjane made her first appearance in the FTC thread:
Marjane said:
lol you guys are making it seem like i wasn't doing shit and just magically appeared in top3.

how did you know

In all seriousness this was fun; I joined this season just to have fun, and I've had a pretty okay experience in this game. Some moments were good, some were just eh, but I enjoyed everyone that played against me and that "lifted me in a linear way" because apparently that happened.

I'd like to address what hal has said in his video. First of all, I had complete control of my destiny, yet I play around others because that's how I play. I could've just gone to Epic's alliance and not have stabbed him in the back 50 times if I wanted to, but I did just it because I could. Maybe Granny Pie didn't have that privilege but I did, throughout the whole journey I could've done anything and was free to do so. Also when you're talking about how many plans you've made or the Idols you've hunted, I'm not sure if that actually helped. You used your idol once and it was a waste, literally did nothing. You killed yourself trying to find an idol and used it poorly, and now you're making it seem like it was such a bonus to your gameplay? ...

I started survivor with 3 different alliances that later grew and broke. Snor, Whydon and Escoffier. Whydon was my main alliance; he was pretty much my partner in crime, just as much as rssp and hal were. Whydon was the main person I shared plans and thoughts with. Our tribe was stricken with conflict as soon as we lost the first challenge. Snor was my first alliance. When we met he had already gone to the riddle before I even clicked the first clue, thus making me see what idols really are, because yes I don't search for them, and no I don't need them those are the devil's weapons. Snor and I had clear intentions about what to do next, we were going to have side alliances in order to boost ourselves further up the competition. Little did I know, Snor regretted pairing up with me immediately as I seemed to be a threat to him. Clever boy thought it was a great idea to show everyone that I found an idol and that I'm playing on everyone. He was manipulating me behind my back by telling me to vote for Tony, which was not very believable as Whydon, Escoffier, and I pretty much were on the majority and had the trust of other players as well so that backfired on him really quickly which got himself eliminated. This was by far my best memory and funnest moment of this season as I was getting manipulated, which I always wanted to try out.. honestly the feeling is quite trash.

I had been in multiple alliances my whole game; no one could lie to my face for that reason. People have called me volatile and unpredictable when really I just had good game awareness. Hal made it seem like a bad thing to wait for everyone's sentiment on votes etc. I'm sorry but that is the best way to make your game plan work out. You need to hear what people have to say and their resentment so that you all can turn the move to your advantage rather than having to change your vote or just give yourself a disadvantage. This game gets you to play with other people, and you need to confide in them in order to win. I have had so many alliances throughout this season and all have at some point given me the advantage I needed to get to comfortable spot where I did not have to do much to get here.

I don't have much to say. I don't enjoy the rest of my adventure just as much and looking back makes me regret doing many things. The main reason why I did not want to win this season was just because Epic and I didn't have a healthy relationship; I was bullying him and that's just no fun. I would just throw words at him and he would endure them. Probably the part I regret the most is when I had to break him down. To this day I still regret it, and I thought I couldn't win with that kind of attitude, which is why I have asked everyone on my team to vote for me, which backfired and took rssp out of the game, which made me quite mad because I wasn't aware of how winning was worth so much to many. I didn't join last or this season to win, but to have fun and meet new people. This game is so great because it asks for you to involve yourself in other people's games. It makes you play together and have double the fun because jokes may fly around and make happy moments as well. I personally had quite much fun killing rufflets in this adventure.
This led apricity to say:
apricity said:
Marjane you had so little control over your destiny you couldn’t even get voted out when you wanted to.
Marjane retorted with:
Marjane said:
That is because this wasn't something I could control. Yet had I convinced Granny Pie that you were the biggest threat to him, you probably would've be sent home

At least if I had an idol I would've had enough control over my destiny to actually use it right.
Next, Umbreon came and said he had forgiven Marjane for her apology. After this, he went line by line and tried refuting apricity's opening statement, making points such as if apricity really had wanted to go to the Final Three against Animus that he would have lost super easily because so many people were wanting to vote for Animus. Umbreon also argued against apricity that making "entertaining" gameplay was the same as making good gameplay, saying that while burning bridges and friendships might make good TV, it doesn't make good jury management. Umbreon then also turned around and gave credit to Granny Pie for another underdiscussed move, arguing that Granny was able to avoid being voted out as the first merge boot when he came to Umbreon and told him that Whydon was leaking information, which ultimately made the majority to decide to vote out Whydon instead of Granny.

rssp1 then tried to explain to apricity that while he very well might have had the best strategic game that he was coming across as bullying everyone else. apricity's immediately next response was this:
apricity said:
To me, choosing a winner of survivor is choosing what you want survivor to be. If you guys think that either of a). coasting til the end and playing a shameless sycophant in FTC, or b). caring so little about the game that you ask to get voted out at f4, is what you want survivor to be then I guess feel free, I misread the jury. I didn't actually think this would happen...

Oh please. You thought I was going to sit here and be quiet while Marjane claims to have played the game? No she didn't. You know that and I know that. She literally wanted to leave the game at f4 and asked us all to vote for her. How can anyone vote for someone who cares about the game so little to win?
Marjane again retorted, this time saying:
Marjane said:
There is a difference between playing the game and asking to get out. Yes I do care little about winning because that has never been my goal. I have never signed up for anything with the only result is to be a winner, I sign up for things so that I could grow, learn from these experiences and most of all having fun. I played the game until I was in a comfortable spot where I was guaranteed a spot to finals, I have worked my way up there and deserved my spot, don't get all mad at me because I achieved it before you and you didn't get to see me fight. I have been one of the biggest target for everyone since turn one, and I'm not throwing flowers at myself, those were seen in the votes. I already clarified why I was not motivated to end up here, in finals. If you want to take that against me, please. I have nothing against being called evil, but I'm not heartless. If you're okay with the way you've treated people then good for you, but I sure wasn't and that is the reason why I felt I didn't belong here.
Upon rssp1 asking point-blank if Marjane wanted to win, Marjane replied by saying:
Marjane said:
I can't just tell you that I want to win when I don't believe I deserve it and I can't tell you no when I cannot support neither of my competitors. At the end of the day this decision is not mine, but the jury's. Your role is to vote for who you think represented survivor the most, whether they did bad or good, whether they did less than some or not. You have to vote for who you think represents this season best. Being here is something I'm forced to do because I didn't get the privilege to stop playing when this season has literally gone to shits, I'm sorry but this season was literally a good experience turned to bad and I personally don't think that anyone here were the players of this season and truly deserve to win.

So once again let me repeat why I wanted to go out of that game. I didn't deserve to win, maybe it's because I'm evil, or because I'm a liar just like Hal likes to say. Maybe it's because I was so mean. Maybe it's because my actions brought me to a point where that place just brought out the worst of me. I hated playing the game after my fight with Epic. I didn't share this because I thought those were just nerves and people were telling me that it's ok and that I did good or whatever..but it really didn't feel like I did. Epic and I were good but it came to a point where I just really felt like shit, I wanted to leave and give up. That thought had been with me and stayed with me for a long time and I wanted for everyone to vote me out instead of Epic which is why I lied and say that I voted for Airwind just so that I could've brought Epic further. I did not want to play anymore if it made me feel as bad as I have. I'm not someone who will come to people that I have literally no friendship with and complain my problems to, I didn't want to come to you Hal and complain because you were the first to tell me that you loved what happened and that you loved how mad he went, I couldn't go to rssp anymore because I already had and he told me that it was okay and not to feel bad. When I told all of you to vote me out I never gave you an explanation, at that point of the game I felt like it didn't matter and that everyone would be happy to get me out. Little did I know you guys are using this as best argument against me because you enjoy bringing it over and saying that I'm a liar and basically full of shit. At this point I don't even want to have to explain or defend myself about why I did not wish to continue and I shouldn't have to at this point.
After this, rssp1 tried to talk some sense into apricity with the following wall of text:
rssp1 said:
Ok. Here we go.

Survivor started off as a social experiment; you strand people on a fuckin island, force them to eliminate their own, and then at the end, have one winner crowned by a jury, other people who made it far in the game. This whole bullshit of "alliances" and "idols" and "resumes" didnt exist yet. In fact, people tended to keep those around who were more deserving, which was often the people who contributed to the tribe and were well-liked. The first winner of the game was the one who formed the first (successful) alliance, but he didn't win because of the alliance; he won because at the end, the majority of the jury liked and respected him more than his opponent at FTC.

As the game has evolved, strategy has become a more and more integral part of it, but the final fact remains - to be the winner of the game, you need to recognize what the jury values and show that part of yourself to earn their votes. A juror is a human being, and a human being isn't necessarily going to vote off of who has the best strategy or who controlled the game. They can vote on who they like the most, who they don't feel hurt by, or they could even randomly choose their vote.

I'd like to bring up an example of a semi-recent season, which effectively spurred the change into the "big moves" era. I'm talking about season 19: Samoa. There are going to be spoilers for the season, so if you want to watch it, jurors, skip this. In that season, there was one contestant, Russell, who controlled the game through both idols and psychological manipulation. Russell had an alliance which he called the "stupid girls alliance", and as his tribe lost immunity after immunity, he removed members of this alliance until only one remained.

Now, this tribe made it to the merge down 4-8, and with some pushing by a member of his alliance - Natalie (she's important later) - the vote flipped onto a member of the 8-person tribe, sending him home. Now, from this point onwards, Russell utilized idols and flipped members of the 8-person tribe when necessary, sending home every single remaining member of this tribe in a row (pretty much, there was one guy who won a couple immunities and messed up the gameplan a bit, since Russell had to send home one of his own alliance members as there was nobody else to vote out).

Russell made it to the end with two people, Natalie and Mick. Mick's irrelevant, so lets ignore him. Now the thing is, Russell was easily the strategically dominant one of the remaining three, but he was a dick and a good majority of the jury hated him. Natalie, on the other hand, hadn't done much strategically but stuck to Russell - but she had cultivated pretty strong relationships with the jury members, so many (if not all) of them liked her. Due to this, she ended up winning over Russell, shocking tons of people, Russell included. He had no idea why he, who had strategically dominated the game, lost to someone, who from his point of view, had done nothing.

Does this sound familiar? It should. While you're not even remotely similar to Russell as a person, there's a point here that i'm trying to make. People voted for Natalie because they liked her, and thats the only reason they needed. Russell alienated people in the way he voted them out and he treated the other players like pawns in a game, not people - and he lost the game because of it. Similarly, strategy in this game is NOT everything. This game is, at its core, a social game, and the people with the strongest social relationships are often the ones who prevail. People invested a hell of a lot of time into this game, and that's why betrayal is being brought up - the downside of being in a power position is that you HAVE to betray someone eventually, and when you betray a person, you hurt them a lot. It's why I mentioned the bitter vote so much; at this end of this game, people are choosing who they want to reward, and they're not going to reward someone that they're angry at/bitter towards.
Now, any time you've said you're sorry it's been something along the lines of "i'm sorry that you don't respect my game" which doesn't really sound sincere. You haven't ever apologized for upsetting people. I know that you didn't make these moves to rile people up, but you're not realizing that being upset is a side effect of betrayal in this game. Adding onto that, people think differently, so even if you personally wouldn't have been angry at the backstab, that doesn't mean that other people won't be. It's incredibly easy to say "it's nothing personal" when you're not the one who's getting screwed, but when you're on the other end it fucking sucks. Umbreon/Whydon are the two who are the most upset at you, but i'm sure the same feelings there to some extent from the other jurors as well. You need to be aware of that, and adjust your responses accordingly.

At the end of the day, you're absolutely right. This is a game. The thing is, most of us were very invested into the game, and we're not just going to get blindsided and be like "ok, everything's fine!". People won't look at this neutrally, and you need to be aware of that.
Shortly after this, EpicUmbreon29 declared that he would not be voting for apricity. However, he also admitted that he believed apricity played a strategically deep game and said he wished to be friends after the dust of the game settled.

To this, apricity replied by saying:
apricity said:
I've known this since page 2, you've known this since before FTC started. But it's good for you to say this outright because I was wondering what more you wanted from me, so it's good to know the answer to that question is nothing. In this FTC I've treated you as a player that I can talk frankly about strategy with, marjane has lied to your face about the shit that went on over your meltdown, granny thinks all of the jury can be bought by claiming that he's fucking king arthur of camelot despite the fact that he was right there beside me voting all of you out. Yet somehow you think I'm duplicitous, or that I'm the one who has mistreated you the most?

I won't take any more questions from you.
To this, Granny Pie thundered back a response:
Granny Pie said:
Is this how a man treats the people in control of his fate? Dismissing them, their opinions, and their feelings? And yet, he claims that you aren't pawns to him, despite describing you all as pawns several times, and now treating his Jurors and Final Tribal Council members like shit. Do you appreciate his playstyle when all it does it drag people through the dirt? Examine both mine and Marjane's responses to you. Marjane is making her regrets and emotions clear, wishing to clear the future between her and her friends, Umbreon especially, while Hal seems to be willing to cut ties completely. I want you personally to know just how much you mean to me and my improvement, and just how much you've done for this game, while Hal wishes for you all to know where you went wrong and how he played you. Also notice how he treats both of us. Insulting our playstyles, our abilities, and our own emotions themselves. Imagine what it would be like if you were in the Final 3 with Hal, being treated like this. I respect Marjane immensely, and am making it clear now just how much I do. It takes a strong person to want to address her regrets, air her feelings, and move on to a brighter future, instead of just ignoring those she thinks she's hurt, and disdaining them. I even still respect Hal's playstyle throughout this game, even if his FTC plot involves setting himself over everybody who's ever come before him.
I wouldn't vote for a person who's so willing to just dismiss everything about everybody here, a person who's sole goal is to win, but to win by dragging everyone who's ever helped him down through the dirt.
Afterwards, Take Azelfie re-entered the conversation:
Take Azelfie said:
I'm voting Granny Pie

I would have brought this up in the jury chat but it seems that is now closed but it doesn't really matter I guess. I feel that Granny did a much better at explaining why he should win than apricity did. I do feel he's really overshooting his claims such as being an underdog even though he started to improve drastically throughout the season showing he was not just some starving dog being picked off the street. He performed well in the challenges and especially later on he began to show his social power by getting my group to split the votes. Apricity was not the underdog and although he never asserted himself as the big threat that we might see in him now I am really surprised in how well Granny Pie performed this season. Although I personally didn't see too much of him pre-swap he really began to show off in these finals rounds. To me he came out from being mostly there and performing well to becoming a king. Although I was able to more closely watch and appreciate how well Apricity was doing Granny never popped out to me as huge of a threat as Rssp, Marjane, or Umbreon could be until post swap really making him the underdog. I also have to really wonder how much of Apricity's claims of manipulating the game he can take as he does seem to act a bit egotistical, although I do have to say the [resume] is rather impressive. Apricity did play well but I also have to question some of his actions like why he would betray the alliance he had that he thought he was more comfortable with. Granny also played the game really well to and you are just letting that ego blast out of you and at this point of the game you persuasive skills aren't conveying well. Would I still maybe be mad if you tried to lie about how everyone put in the efforts for your victory? Probably but now I think some of us are just even more angry at you. Even now in your responses you are trying to save yourself while downplaying Granny which doesn't seem respectable. It doesn't matter if you played smarter than Granny in your scenario because we aren't being asked to make an unbiased choice of who played better but a choice of who we think should win. I can even feel rssp1 to doubt a little and he was apricity's biggest supporter.
Next, apricity tried a last second attempt to show how he had been trying to control his allies to work with him instead of each other.
apricity said:
This entire game I have been making Marjane think that Umbreon was never going to ally with her. That is not true. Umbreon was genuinely reaching out to Marjane and trying to work with her. I did the same thing between Umbreon and Granny Pie, so that the tomo group would have a hard time flipping people back if they tried.

Still doubt my impact on the game, Zelfie?
Whydon retorted:
Whydon said:
Nobody on the jury is doubting the impact of your game. We doubt the integrity of you as a player, and doubt that you ever had an ounce of respect for any one of us, bar rssp.

This is final tribal council. There are no idols, no vote steals, no shibs, no rssps, no manipulation/lies that you can use to trick us into voting for you. It’s just you and the jury. In the end, you don’t decide what the criteria for a winner should be - we, the jury do. We decide how we vote and why we vote that way. It’s your job to convince us why you fit that criteria, and why we should vote for you. Not why you would vote for you, but why we should vote for you.
apricity took a few minutes to regroup. Among one of his many subsequent replies, he said:
apricity said:
What is your criterion, if not how well we played the game?

There are five people who I named who I thought could have won this game outside of me, and five people whose games I respected. You, zelfie, umbreon, rssp, and airwind. I've said in the video that I needed you to leave because I was scared of how effectively you were bonding with the other people on our tribe. Zelfie is in the same category, in the first time we had a voice chat zelfie was talking about how he had an alliance with everyone left in the tribe. Umbreon is obviously a great strategist and made the one move that was kind of a thorn in my side this game. And Airwind was a massive challenge threat and ensured that I was able to play this strategy in the first place by winning challenges for tomo.

I do not like the way everybody played the game. If I said that, then I would be lying. I didn't like the way ria played the game because he seemed to just be riding on Umbreon's coattails. I didn't like the way animus played the game. I didn't like the way Granny or Marjane played this game, which is why they're sitting in FTC, because I assumed that my assessment of other people's gameplay would at least be somewhat reflective of other people's assessments of those strategies.

Do I respect you guys as people? Yes of course. Does that mean I have to sit here and tell everyone that I thought Marjane's game was worth a damn? No.

I think lying in the game is fine and encouraged. Survivor is not a game that is biased towards honest people. I think lying to people who have been eliminated from the game is the same as lying in every day life. I think if you lie to someone in that situation, then what you're saying is "You're too stupid to see the truth" and "I don't respect you enough to bother telling you everything."

Between granny and I, one of us lied to you in the game, one of us lied to you outside of it. One of us lied to you because we wanted to advance in the season, and Granny lied because he thought he could spout total feelsgood nonsense and that you'd lap it up.

So no, I respect you enough to not lie to you at this juncture. Did I lie to you in the game? Yes, repeatedly. Will I lie to you if we play a game again? Probably. But after you got eliminated, I've told you nothing but the truth because the game is the game, and we're outside of it now.
As the deadline neared, Marjane prepared one last roar against apricity:
Marjane said:
I hate having to bring people down to make myself look better and that is something I've never really respected.

As I said before I have not been competing for the winning spot here, I joined for the fun only, if you guys feel as I am worth winning then I don't see why I should complain. I think most people know what I've done during this game, I pretty much was a threat at some point to all of the ones who weren't part of the alliances I was in. I think that alone just justifies that I haven't just been eating carrots and scratching my balls the entire game.

Hal, I don't really understand why you have to make yourself bring down others when you claim to be superior already? If you're that good you shouldn't be making excuses or saying that your 'competition' at this point has done nothing compared to all your 'great accomplishments'. If you're trying to convince anyone that you're a genuine person that actually 'respects' the jury, you should've been making yourself look better from the start by just having comprehensive explanations that doesn't insult everyone else.

Now you're making Granny look like he's sucking up when you're the one sucking up and saying you respect everyone? How much of a hypocrite are you at this point. You have not been giving a fuck about other people but yourself this whole season, and don't come at me with that 'in game' tactic shit, you damn well know your attitude was just selfish. It's ok to be hungry for the winning crown, you can do that by just being decent, you don't have to act like a jerk just to make yourself feel superior. Your video at this point is just the best example to how much you really don't care and how you think it would be so easy for you to just say sorry and that you respect others so that they can give you the win?

I don't know what the jury is thinking but I personally find your attitude disgusting right now. I'm not even saying this to help granny or myself. I really could care less, but your acts are just not okay. I hope you realise how your attitude was not okay, and if you don't I please take a couple steps back and see what I mean. I actually kinda liked you, you're smart and you were decent at first but this whole winning thing is literally what motivates me to join for the fun only. Being hungry for the win and changing your attitude for that is just something I've been disgusted by for so long.
Shortly afterwards, Tribal Council ended and the jury was sent off to vote. However, just like in the first season of CAP survivor, voting... was done a bit differently. Rather than voting for a single player, the jury was asked to rank all 3 players, with their first ranked vote being the person they wished to win the most, and their third place vote being the person they wished to win the least. After all the votes were recorded, the votes would then be tallied using Ranked Pairs, the same method in which CAP poll results were calculated.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
And the votes... Dun dun dun.

1. apricity

1. Granny Pie

We are tied, one shibe vote for apricity, one shibe vote for Granny Pie. The remaining votes will be fully ranked votes for Ranked Pairs.
(In case it wasn't obvious the whole shibe vote challenge was added after Animus was medevacced and couldn't be on the jury, so we needed a way to get more than 6 votes in the event of a 2-2-2 tie)

1. apricity
2. Granny Pie
3. Marjane

1. Marjane
2. Granny Pie
3. Apricity

1. Marjane
2. Granny
3. Apricity

1. Granny
2. Marjane
3. Apricity

We are tied with 2 first ranked voted for apricity, 2 for Marjane, 2 for Granny

1. Granny
2. Marjane
3. Apricity

1. Granny
2. Marjane
3. Apricity

Granny! Congratulations!

Granny in first (condorcet winner; beats both other contestants in head-to-head match ups), Marjane in second, Apricity in third (once granny removed from the votes, 5 voters preferred Marjane over Apricity, whereas 2 voters (one being a shibe voter) preferred Apricity)

3 votes - Granny Pie
2 votes - Marjane
1 vote - apricity

(Including Shibe voters:
4 votes Granny Pie
2 votes Marjane
2 votes apricity)

Thanks for the uh very eventful season of CAP survivor, and I wish you all the best moving forward : )

What started out as a season about the rivalry between the hawks Tomohawk and Hawlucha quickly turned into a season about reading and interacting with one's surroundings, as the Mail Shibes became the flavor of finding advantages in the game. I had a lot of fun designing riddles and I even made a 3D model of the island for a scavenger hunt style merge idol. Overall I liked the mix of challenges that this season had. Running Fence might have frustrated a lot of players and created an environment that was too competitive, but the core challenge idea is something refreshing and tests a whole new skillset that I think circus challenges tend to shy away from. There were some heated moments across the season, but I'm super pleased and proud how the season's winner handled all of the negativity that surrounded the cast in a way that let him cut through it all, stand on top of it, and unite everyone back together.

Last edited:
I’m a little late to the party but oh well

Looking back this was a really great and exciting season, and I’m glad I was a part of it. I can only imagine how this would be played out in real life with all of the drama/fighting/saltiness/etc. There was a ton of great gameplay and I love how pretty much everybody came to play the game (rip animus). I hope you enjoyed hosting this Heal :)

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
I’m a little late to the party but oh well

Looking back this was a really great and exciting season, and I’m glad I was a part of it. I can only imagine how this would be played out in real life with all of the drama/fighting/saltiness/etc. There was a ton of great gameplay and I love how pretty much everybody came to play the game (rip animus). I hope you enjoyed hosting this Heal :)
Hosting this was very stressful. The early game I enjoyed it a lot, but by the time the merge hit and the drama started piling up, I definitely felt myself drained with what I had to deal with. That said, after the dust was all settled and especially as I was making the postgame, I definitely could appreciate everything that happened from a different perspective and just see it as good TV/players trying to play hard (even if all didn't succeed). But man yeah, from the host's perspective it was uh interesting having to deal with so many curveballs and be fair to every contestant while trying to make sure the drama didn't escalate to the point of mentally hurting the contestants. As a confessional, I felt obligated as a host to force a certain player to apologize to another contestant after some of the bullying went too far for a game with kids. And when frustration arose after a certain challenge, I had to freeze the game for a few hours to let emotions cool down. CAPS1 (and now CircusS5) certainly didn't have the same amount of emotion as this season had... which is good and bad in its own right. But I'm glad you had fun and that you enjoyed the experience when it was all said and done!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)