CAP Survivor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The votes are in. The person voted out will be able to say a sentence in farewell (anger optional) and then must leave the tribal council area immediately to be added to the jury. I will now read the votes.

First vote... snake_rattler.

Second vote... snake_rattler.

Third vote... jas61292

Fourth vote... jas61292. We are tied 2-2, snake and jas

Fifth vote... snake_rattler

Sixth vote and fifth person to join the jury... snake_rattler. The tribe has spoken. snake_rattler has been eliminated for the third time this season. And this time, it means he really is done.

Time to get to challenge 13... Stealth Laddering. Contestants will create alts to ladder with (in Gen7 CAP) and are allowed to make as many as they want with as obscure names as they want as long as they PM me all the names (I will also check account registration dates to make sure old alts are not used). At Sunday night at 8 PM Eastern Time, I will check the ladder. The contestant with the highest alt on the ladder at this time will win the challenge and will be safe at the next tribal council vote. If the winner of the challenge has multiple new alts (at least two) that beat all of his/her competitors' best alts, then the winner will gain immunity PLUS an advantage in the next challenge.

Q: But HeaL, what about us kids who have very little time to ladder?
A: Tough luck kiddo I guess. I timed this challenge to occur over a weekend hoping that it would fit everyone's schedule better.

Q: But HeaL, the switch/botw just came out! How is it fair to make me ladder during this CRUCIAL time?
A: You're going to have to make sacrifices. Are you willing to lose an almost meaningless game of CAP survivor just to play a ton of Zelda?

jas61292 LucarioOfLegends Marjane sparktrain Okamu

Also, just a reminder, this upcoming tribal council is the last one in which any idols will work. Unless you want to think there's a special idol out there or something.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting

Congratulations for Okamu for winning the challenge; Okamu is safe and cannot be eliminated during the next challenge. sparktrain came in second, Marjane cam in third, LucarioOfLegends came in fourth. jas61292 came in last because he never sent me the name of an alt and I'm assuming he never participated due to being distracted with Zelda.

A reminder: This is the last tribal council where idols can be used.

Here is how Tribal Council will go down:

-The person being voted out will be moved to the Jury, where he/she will be able to watch future tribal councils and cast a vote of who he/she wishes to win the game at the final tribal council.
-Members from the losing tribe will PM me, HeaLnDeaL, on Smogon or on Discord and say which person from their tribe they are casting their votes for to leave the tribe. Once a vote is cast, it cannot be changed. Do not cast your votes in this thread.
-If anyone has a hidden immunity idol and they would like to play it, he/she must let me know that they are playing it and who they are playing it for (remember, it can only be played to save yourself or someone on your current tribe). This must be done at the SAME time as you cast your vote. Since votes are blind, and won't be revealed to the tribe until everyone from the tribe has cast, this means that this method essentially makes idols work in the "standard" way of the show; idols are activated after voting but before the votes are revealed. Me asking for idols to be declared during the voting process saves us a great deal of time while not impacting the strategy of the usage of idols at all.
-The above means that there are hidden immunity idols (and clues to idols) in this game, you oafs.
-Casting a hidden immunity idol on yourself or another player at tribal council means that you or your chosen tribemate cannot be eliminated and all votes against you or the person protected by the idol will not count. You do not have to play an idol if you have one and you may save it for later. Use it when you think you need it. Casting a single idol can only keep a single person safe, so choose who you protect carefully (most often people choose to protect themselves). Once you play the idol, you will lose it and will not be able to play another unless you find another.
-Members have 24 hours to cast their votes (and play any hidden immunity idols). If someone on a tribe does not vote, then his/her vote will be for him/herself or for some other throwaway vote unless I can determine what his/her intended vote was.
-If there is a tie after the votes are read, then I will give a 24 hour extension for revotes in which the people with the highest number of votes cannot cast votes and the people casting can ONLY vote for the those with the highest number of votes in the first voting round on that Tribal Council. If the revote results in another tie, then another 24 hour extension will be given for the voters in the revote to come to a unanimous decision of who to vote out. If a decision cannot be made, then the people who had the highest number of votes against them become safe and one of the revoters will be RANDOMLY eliminated from the game. Revotes are rare, so the "standard" time for Tribal Council will be 24 hours and only rarely will it be extended.

I'd really really like this vote to go down quickly. You have 24 hours to get your votes in, but feel free to get them in sooner.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
The votes are in. The person voted out will be able to say a sentence in farewell (anger optional) and then must leave the tribal council area immediately to be added to the jury. I will now read the votes.

LucarioOfLegends

jas61292

LucarioOfLegends

jas61292

jas61292. The tribe has spoken.

The next and final challenge will be added to this post shortly.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Marjane Okamu sparktrain LucarioOfLegends

Alright, time for the final challenge! The final challenge will consist of 2 parts; the winner of part 1 will receive an advantage in part 2 and the winner of part 2 gains immunity.

Part 1 will run for the next 4 days. The remaining players must make their own cap from concept assessement, typing, abilities, stats, and movesets and to justify all of their decisions with proper explanations. The concept that must be followed when designing their CAPs is a relatively simple one based on a simple role; Hazard Clearer. Players will submit their CAPs and explanations to HeaLnDeaL via smogon or discord PM. After the end of Day 4 or when the remaining players have all made their submissions, the CAPs and accompanying material will be sent to the jury, who will vote on who they felt made the most intelligent, well designed CAP. The Jury will NOT be told who made what CAP until after the vote. The players may not get help from anyone else when making their mons.

Edit: The "power level" of CAPs designed should be below S Rank but above B- Rank (so ranging from B and A is ideal).

Part 2 will run after the jury has finished voting on the CAPs and it will be a simple SuMo round robin tour in which every remaining player fights every other remaining player in a bo3. However, the winner of part 1 gains the advantage of choosing 2 Pokemon that his/her fellow competitors cannot use (though the winner of part 1 can use these mons). As said above, the winner of part 2 receives immunity.

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Okamu LucarioOfLegends sparktrain Marjane

Deadline for your matches is Saturday 10 PM Eastern DST. Additionally, this will be when your votes are due as well. You may, starting now, send me a vote for who you want out by listing TWO names; first the name of the person you want out most and secondly the next person in case your first choice wins immunity.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Okamu has achieved 3 out of 3 victories and thus has won immunity and cannot be voted out. Additionally, the last votes are in. Rather than sharing the outcome here, this thread will be closed to create public suspense. It was a great season, but nothing else will be revealed to the public until the episodes are slowly posted.

I want to thank everyone for participating, it was lots of fun working with all of you for this project. The final tribal council will now commence in a private PM and the happenings within the PM will not be revealed until the final episode of CAP survivor is posted (so likely a few months away). I hate leaving you guys in the dark, but hopefully it will make the episodes more exciting to read if not quite everything is spoiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)