CAP 22 CAP22 - Part 12 - Flavor Ability Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure you'd consider this a flavor ability, but to me this does seem inferior, Immunity, for the main fact that Kerfluffle is related to a pillow, and if it did share a connection with pillows,(other than it's body resembling a pillow) then it would be that had stuffing on the inside of it's pillow-like body. So, since stuffing more of absorbs poison and is not really affected by it, it would make an interesting ability for Kerfluffle.
I really like the idea from it, and I see your logic on how it is mostly outclassed by Natural Cure, but I feel like lots of people would still purposely use this ability so that they wouldn't have to switch to deal with poison, as it is with Natural Cure.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I like Oblivious because it's kind of funny for a pillow Pokemon to be immune to Attract, and Oblivious' sole competitive effect (Taunt Immunity) is already replicated in Aroma Veil which has additional, more relevant bonuses (stopping Torment/Disable/Encore > Stopping Attract/Captivate).

Friend Guard is also cool. It seems to only show up on weakmons for doubles, it'd be cool to have a stronger user available if CAP Doubles ever becomes a self-sustaining thing.

I really like the idea from it, and I see your logic on how it is mostly outclassed by Natural Cure, but I feel like lots of people would still purposely use this ability so that they wouldn't have to switch to deal with poison, as it is with Natural Cure.
I do see what you're saying, how it might be useful in some situations, but that's only for a select few, such as being the last Pokemon alive and being against toxic stallers, but in all other situations, natural cure is more effective. Afterall, Kerfluffle is supposed to take advantage of Natural Cure using parting shot. Plus, a flavor ability doesn't have to be completely useless, as long as it is outclassed by the other abilities, which it is, making it the not as desirable ability for most status situations, especially since Kerfluffle's main weakness is not poison, but paralysis, making it possible to not be able to get parting shot off.

Last edited:
Supporting Friend Guard.

Although useless in Singles, an amazing ability in Doubles. With both Wide Guard and Quick Guard, along with Helping Hang and Parting Shot, Kerf gets a viable support moves, and now with an amazing ability, it can have another role in the metagame. Instead of wallbreaker, support in Doubles.

Please make this happen n_n

Mod Edit: Removed comment advocating a competitive benefit for another meta; flavor reasoning should be used, not because X does well in Y format.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Alright, this has slowed to a halt, so consider this the 24 hour warning; in 24 hours a slate will be compiled of eligible entries with adequate support. It's not really my place to share a "pre-slate" but pretty much everything that has support from multiple people using adequate flavor reasoning seem like likely candidates...

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Alright, after talking with DetroitLolcat, the slate will be as follows: Klutz, Cute Charm, Friend Guard, Early Bird, No Flavor Ability. The criteria used for slating is pretty much those mentioned in the above post. On to the poll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)