Cats

I find it quite tragic that we have a dog thread and no cat thread... so talk about cats here. Do you have any cats? Have you had any cats? Do you want a cat?

Anyway, this is Tommy:

He belongs to my roommate. He's about 6 and he's a domestic shorthair.

He's the cutest! Here he is after some catnip.

He lived at the shelter my roommate works at for about 6 years. She loved him so much that she just adopted him. Now he has a good home with me and my two roommates! He went home with her for the holidays, so I miss him!

He's also the sweetest thing ever when he's not being a total dick. He'll knead me for 30 minutes at a time, and sometimes he takes naps on me.

I love him!

I love kitties!!! They are pretty much my favorite animal ^_^

OK so I'm gonna post the story of my kitty in hide tags because the pictures are kinda huge.

This is Iolanthe (EYE-oh-LANTH-ee), or Yo-Yo for short. I got her at a shelter last January.

I was a volunteer there, and she was just the cutest little thing. She was actually quite vicious when I met her, hissing and slashing and such... and she wouldn't let anyone touch her. I took my dad in to see all the kitties, and he saw her and thought she was adorable, too. "Is she a nice kitty?" he asked. I told him to pet her and find out.

He did, and she was all:

and she slashed his hand off. My dad laughed and asked me jokingly if I wanted to foster her. I said yes, and he couldn't take it back, so we ended up taking her home. She ended up becoming my best friend!

Yo-yo is a 6-year-old Maine Coon who is the size of a 6-month-old kitten. Here she is next to a stuffed animal to show how tiny she is:

She'll hide out in laundry baskets, like so:

Sometimes, she helps me pack my bags:
\

Other times, she helps me study:

She does an amazing job of guarding the shower to make sure no intruders get in:

But she's also a total sweetiepie:
\

Here she is in an Easter basket!!!

She is my baby girl, and I absolutely adore her! Adopting her was the best decision I ever made :heart:

At the risk of sounding like a crazy cat person, I actually have 6 at the moment, though it definitely wasn't planned. Started out with 2 (mine and my brother), but he found one, left his 2 with my dad and I since he went to college, dropped out and came back and then took in another cat of his friend, then he moved out while leaving 3 cats total with us now. Then we moved and inherited 2 cats from my grandpa, mine died from cancer and one of my brothers' ran away, and I adopted a duo from someone at work. So yeah...never intended to go beyond 4 personally, but I love em all just the same.

What I'd really like one day is a true kitten though, all the cats I've ever had were 5 months or older so never really got one as a kitten. And kittens are adorable of course.

Nyktos

Custom Loser Title
oh hey why not

Here's my cat I guess.

He's pretty old (seventeen-ish), so he mostly just sleeps a lot these days.

This is his brother, who passed away about a year and a half ago. :(

Sadly I don't have any especially amusing pictures.

Cats are easily my favorite animal. I have a knee-jerk reaction of wanting to cuddle with each and every cat I see.

Used to have a cat. He died in November 2009. Shittiest day in my life.

I really want to get other cats but times aren't ripe. But whne they are, oh boy, I'll have a small army of fluffy, entitled, cynic, plotting mammals.

Totally not avoiding sounding like a crazy cat person.

This is my kitty. She was the best kitty I ever had and when we had to give her up it was pretty horrifying. My dad had passed away and we had to give her to a shelter because where we were moving didn't allow pets. We were told it was a no kill shelter, but when I called after she had gotten taken down off of the website they told me she had just gotten sick and they had to euthanize her. The hardest part was just taking her to the shelter itself. She was crying the whole time from the moment we put her in the kennel and it continues as we left the building. It was legit the hardest thing I had to do with an animal and depresses me to this day. Her name was Callie, named by my dad after a sexy CSI Miami character he liked. She was a part of his life as much as mine, and now they're both gone. She used to follow me around the house and hop on my lap as I grinded the ladder on SC2 and lay her paws on my mouse arm as I played, nudging me every so often demanding to be pet. She was also a munchkin cat, and if I ever get another cat it will also be a munchkin cat.

This is my kitty. She was the best kitty I ever had and when we had to give her up it was pretty horrifying. My dad had passed away and we had to give her to a shelter because where we were moving didn't allow pets. We were told it was a no kill shelter, but when I called after she had gotten taken down off of the website they told me she had just gotten sick and they had to euthanize her. The hardest part was just taking her to the shelter itself. She was crying the whole time from the moment we put her in the kennel and it continues as we left the building. It was legit the hardest thing I had to do with an animal and depresses me to this day. Her name was Callie, named by my dad after a sexy CSI Miami character he liked. She was a part of his life as much as mine, and now they're both gone. She used to follow me around the house and hop on my lap as I grinded the ladder on SC2 and lay her paws on my mouse arm as I played, nudging me every so often demanding to be pet. She was also a munchkin cat, and if I ever get another cat it will also be a munchkin cat.

Fuck man I so hear you on that. My cat was primarily attached to my mother but after she died in 2002 he more or less swayed to me. I suppose I saw him as an extension of my mother, not unlike your case. When he died I took him to a friend who knew what to do with the body. I wept like a baby the whole 1h+ it takes to get to my friend's house.

I'm holding back tears as I type this. Fuck.

:brofist:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok can we put these tearjerkers in hide tags? I'm too damned sensitive to handle it :(

In other news:

WOW such cate.

This is my almost 16 year old best friend Natasha. Ever since she was a kitten she was more attached to me than everyone else in the house. When I moved out of state, she got to go with me and we've been nigh inseparable ever since. I'm the only one she lets pick her up, and she even licks my hair if I put it near her. She's fiercely protective of me too: one time, when I still lived with my dad, I was walking through the house and my dad's wife's dog began to bark at me for no reason. From the opposite corner of the house Natasha comes running, flying up the stairs and placing herself between the dog and me. She hissed and intimidated the dog into retreating, then turned to me and meowed. That's my little girl :).

Being that she's almost 16, I realize that every minute I get to spend with her now is a blessing. She is and always has been a healthy kitty, so I am hopeful she can stick around several more years to see my kids be born and grow. We'll see.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I used to have a store cat when I was younger. Sadly I dont have a picture of here but her name was Mrs. Kitty and she was always pregnant since we let her hang out outside. Although we were very close. So close that she had her babies on my lap once and cats usually only have their babies in a secluded place that they feel safe in. Such a special moment. Really missing her since we had to give her away since we couldnt bring her with us when I moved a while back. She probably past away by now but I hope she was ok with her new owner. RIP...

NO!!!!! I hate stories about sad cats!!!!!

It sucks when places don't allow animals. My apartment technically doesn't allow pets but no one really cares that much. I see people walking their dogs around the complex all the time...

Here's a happy picture:

I used to have a cat named Felix, but he ran away about 3 years ago after we went overseas and left him with a neighbour to look after for us. When we returned, he was gone. It's weird because he actually came back after a few months, but then ran away again. Don't know what happened to him now, but I really liked having a cat. I want to get another cat, but my parents were against us getting the first one, so any hopes of me getting another one will only be realised when I move out.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Check out this cat yo

Duma, Swahili for "cheetah", is a rare breed of cat known as a bengal, a cross between a domestic cat and an asian WILDCAT! My family used to have a black cat for many years, but he died a few years ago. One summer ago, my family was sitting outside on our deck when this cat just leaped up on our deck and befriended us, no joke! We found eventually that he was chipped and the owner's phone number had been disconnected--we theorized that due to the fact that the breed is extremely expensive (with prize kittens going for literally thousands), he must have been owned by a rich family (which the location of the number coincided with) and abandoned when the family moved. So in short, we had a rich person's stray cat just wander up to us!

He has beautiful caramel markings and spots all over him and behaves like a dog tbh

Here you can see example of the breed's "glitter" coat--a sparkly shine that all variants have when light hits their fur!

In short he's basically the greatest cat we could have ever asked for, and the fact that he just walked up to us is even better!

Check out this cat yo

Duma, Swahili for "cheetah", is a rare breed of cat known as a bengal, a cross between a domestic cat and an asian WILDCAT! My family used to have a black cat for many years, but he died a few years ago. One summer ago, my family was sitting outside on our deck when this cat just leaped up on our deck and befriended us, no joke! We found eventually that he was chipped and the owner's phone number had been disconnected--we theorized that due to the fact that the breed is extremely expensive (with prize kittens going for literally thousands), he must have been owned by a rich family (which the location of the number coincided with) and abandoned when the family moved. So in short, we had a rich person's stray cat just wander up to us!

He has beautiful caramel markings and spots all over him and behaves like a dog tbh

Here you can see example of the breed's "glitter" coat--a sparkly shine that all variants have when light hits their fur!

In short he's basically the greatest cat we could have ever asked for, and the fact that he just walked up to us is even better!
Thats a touching story, post more pics of him in the future pls

_Tonks_

My Sister has two cats, they're just really fat and black and I hate them cause they're demanding and rude.

Check out this cat yo

have you ever set your cat on fire?

While I don't hate cats, I really have a preference to dogs, but I had this one kitty which my mom rescued from a feral family. She had white fur along with a beige ringtail. She was an adorable kitty.

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
Like cats :3 They're incredibly cute, even though they won't have the same friendship with their owner that dogs have.
I really don't know why people say this lol

The only real difference is that a puppy will probably love you in like a day or two. A cat won't trust you right off the bat: if you think for a second, they're very similar to humans. I mean, you don't really become friends with someone at the first chat, or at least not someone you could say you are close.
I tend to believe that a bond between a cat and a human is a lot more genuine than a dog.

that said, I like puppies too. Cats are overall a lot more interesting though.

EV

Banned deucer.
My Sister has two cats, they're just really fat and black and I hate them cause they're demanding and rude.
I almost lost my coffee on this one.

I have had my fair share of cats. My last one, Chance, was bizarre. I'll try to make this short.

Basically, he was insane. He was terrified of all people, even me, only coming close if I wasn't moving. I'm serious. I had to be sitting or lying down for him to approach me. Otherwise he'd tear away and hide. At some point he stopped using his litterbox, so that was fun. He'd also scratch anything but his scratching post, even the walls, especially corners. My dad loved that. He threw up a lot out of nervousness. The cat just couldn't keep his food down when he got too riled up. Hated toys, was afraid of them, but loved the laser pen (what cat doesn't?). HATED other cats. Ripped my roommate's cat's ear down the middle once. He'd stalk her when he thought I wasn't looking. When I moved back in with my dad and stepmom, he terrorized their cats, too. Oh and in the end I think he lost whatever mind he had left and would run in circles in my room at night so I had to start locking him in the bathroom while I slept. :( I called him my cat with special needs. Luckily, when I moved to a place that absolutely wouldn't take pets, I found a woman that took in these kinds of cats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)