Celebrity Crushes?

Haha, I think this is the right place to post this. I'm pretty sure everyone has one or two, so yeah/

Personally, I have a little thing for Bret McKenzie of Flight of the Conchords. Here's a pic of him--

Sorry about the light block, dunno why it's there. Anyway, what are yours?

AJers

Your typical e-wench
It's not so secret anymore... :P

And haha, "it's business time" <3 That song is HYSTERICAL!

hmm, Jake G. Who can live without Jake G?

(He's coming out in an upcoming movie I want to see... so I'm 90% sure that's why he's the first person I thought of)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am not sure if it qualifies as a crush (since he's also a guy), but I really have a thing for Fukuyama Masaharu, being obsessed with Ryoma Den, now the hot Drama here in Japan. I am not really aware of his career outside Ryoma Den, but from what I understand he's a popular Actor/Singer/DJ.

Ryoma Den is BAD ASS though, that's all I have to say. It's a historical drama about the life of Sakamoto Ryoma, a leading figure amongst the pationate young revolutionary Samurai of the Bakamatsu period that led to the Meiji Restoration. Ryoma was responsible for uniting the once bitter enemy clans of Choshu and Satsuma, and eventually stringing in his birth clan of Tosa. This united resistance would eventually be responsible for the fall of the Shogunate and Japan's rapid modernization that prevented it from falling into the hands of Western powers like China or India.

Ryoma was a visionary who gave his all to defend his country, while seeking democracy, equality among classes, gender and religion and modernization for the country; despite being a master swordsman of one of Japan's most elite schools, he did everything in his power to seek out non-violance even in the revolution. Despite living in the bloody period of the Bakamatsu, he killed only one man in his whole life, out of self-defense.

It is a truly epic tale, and Fukuyama enacts Ryoma brilliantly-- from Ryoma's green bully-magnet naive youth to his becoming a great leader infamous across the country, Fukuyama portrays it . . . absolutely . . . brilliantly. I can't believe it's almost over . . . :( (only 3 more episodes)

My favorite scene from the drama:

Ryoma and his comrades find themselves between swords, as trading Samurai from Satsuma and Choshu discover each other at a drinking house in Nagasaki. Both sides bear their swords, looking to settle the grudges between the two powerful western clans. Saigo Takamori, General of the Satsuma forces reveals himself, unafraid of the enemy. A Choshu Samurai lunges forward with his sword drawn, but Ryoma grabs him bare-handed, restrains and disarms him.

「やめやーおまんら! こんな狭い部屋の中に刀を抜きおうて、まるで、鶏小屋の中に、鶏同士がけんかしゆうぜよ!」

"Stop there you all! Drawing your swords in this narrow room-- it's as if chicken's were looking to fight in a chicken coop!" Ryoma cries out, staring down the two groups.

Both sides scream cries of outrage at the insult, but two of Ryoma's comrades stand up and cry back, "That is exactly how it is!" "All of you, if things continue as they are, then Japan will fall to civil war, and be destroyed by those damn foreigners!"

「一番恐ろしいテキは誰ぜ!異国じゃろうが!」

"Who is the most terrifying enemy-- it's the foreigners isn't it!"

Ryoma proclaims, turning to Saigo and brashly raises his still-sheathed sword.

「日本人同士でけんかしゆう場合か、え! 西郷さん!」

"Is this any time for us Japanese to be fighting amongst ourselves!? Saigo-san!"

Ah, I cried manly tears at the sheer epic.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

gimme

Seriously though, ever since I randomly caught an episode of Veronica Mars years ago, there was just something about her I couldn't place.

gimme

Seriously though, ever since I randomly caught an episode of Veronica Mars years ago, there was just something about her I couldn't place.
You seen her in a few episodes of Heroes?! I fell for her to! :naughty:

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Kristen Bell, Rachel McAdams, Emmy Rossum, Leighton Meester, Ellen Page, probably some more that I can't think of at this time but yeah.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have a man-crush on Chris Wolstenholme:

I generally admire bassists of bands I like: Flea, Mike Dirnt, Geddy Lee and Chris. Probably a bassist thing, being one myself.

In terms of women, Hilary Duff, Cheryl Cole, Holly Valance and Hayley Williams.

Ellen Page. Totally in love with her.

Also, LIGHTS. I guess I have a thing for Canadian girls. Makes sense, being Canadian myself.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Elizabeth Hurley.

Yeah, she's not that young, but she's hot.. [My avatar is a picture of her.]

Not sure if this counts as necroing or what, but I reserve judgement based on two criteria that are equally shallow:

1. Looks.

Brown hair, usually shoulder length or slightly shorter, pale and thin of course without inordinately gigantic breasts as they are a legitimate hazard past about C cup. I would do horrible things to be allowed to do horrible things to Mary-Louise Parker. I seem to have a thing for women in their 30's.

2. Singing voice

Just kidding, Autotuning whores don't count.

Sarah Slean has an incredible live show, CDs, lyricism and wit. Also she has brown hair. If I could hit that I would never be able to have sex with anyone else ever again because she would 'break' my standard of wonderful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)