SM OU Chlorophyll Venusaur sweep W/ support and other threats

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been working decently in ou but I would like to see if it can be work on or to learn possible threats and what to look out for.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Solar Beam
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dragon Pulse

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Dazzling Gleam
- Defog
- Scald

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Before they close your thread because you lack of description for your Pokémon's role, I would like give you some suggestions :)
1.- You would like run Growth with Venusaur alongside Life Orb. Growth it gives you +2 in SpA under sun and makes it a very threatening sweeper. You can run Growth/Giga Drain/Sludge Bomb/HP Fire with that spread and It would be fine.
2.- You could use Spikes in Greninja in order to wear down some of the Venusaur checks and counter such as Heatran.
3.- Mega Tyranitar seems a massive threat to your team, it replaces sun with sand, forces out stuff like Charizard and can set up a Dragon Dance in that switch to tear apart your team bar Fini, who doesn't like switch into a +1 Stone Edge. To help with this, I would say you Run Focus Blast on M-Charizard Y instead of Dragon Pulse. It gives you a chance to mind game if you switch or not when they set up a DD and deals a shit ton of damage.
3.- Change the EV Spread of you Zygarde, to 252 Atk/252 Spe, if you don't run speed on Zygarde, it get will outspeed by a lot of threats including Heatran, Kyurem-B, and Hoopa-U, threats that with speed investment you outspeed.

You could consider run your own Tyranitar, because Lati@s are threats that check your offensive core bar Greninja (Lati twins check Zard Y, Zygarde locked ES, Superpower and even, T-Arrow and Venusaur). With Tyranitar's Pursuit you ensure removing those threats, so Charizard Y and Zygarde can have a better time at breaking, and Venusaur sweeping/cleaning. Also, with its ability, replaces sun with sand, allowing you change the weather and then in late game bring back Zard-Y to set up weather for Venu.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)