Clone's Banners 'n Stuff

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I'm Clone. I'm bad at drawing, and art in general, but sometimes I get bored and decide to make something on Photoshop, since I took a class on it and have some basic skills. I decided to make this thread because I can make a thread showing banners without being infracted, and I'm really bored right now and have nothing to do. Don't expect anything too crazy, because I'm not that good and don't really practice all that much, though I kinda want to sometimes. But enough of this; below are the things I've done over the past few months.

This is my most famous work, because it's the one that goes in the OP of every Player of the Week thread i post in OU. I decided to do it myself instead of requesting one, because at the time I wasn't sure how popular the project would be and I didn't want to waste anyone's time. It's pretty basic, but I like it.

This was the first one I ever attempted to do, which is why it's basic af. Might attempt a redo in the future. idk.

This was the second one I attempted to do, and I feel it came out a bit better. The hand-looking this is a claw mark btw. I put it there cuz the space was too empty for my tastes.

This is probably my favorite banner that I've made, because I put a lot of time into it and experimented with different things, most notably the background and the text effects. Speaking of the background, it started from three rings, which I distorted into what it is now. I was proud of that.

This is my most recent banner, which was made like three months ago (which just goes to show how lazy I get). I had an awesome idea in my mind where there would be a shiny Greninja emerging from the shadows with the text "Shadow Warrior" next to it. I tried multiple times and experimented with multiple different shades, smoke effects, and lighting, but I never got it to the point where I was actually satisfied with it. I'm still not satisfied, but I have no motivation to try and fix it right now.

Pretty basic userbar I made because I was a gym leader in my Guild League on Serebii (rip Great Battle Reef). its nothing special, but I like how it turned out.

This is a direct rip-off of the banner I made for PotW, but my guild needed a banner and I volunteered. I changed how the text looks, at least.

I made this because I felt that my RMT needed one, and at that time I still didn't really know anyone here (despite posting for like 5 months lol). I had a great idea in my head, but my artistic skills weren't able to deliver the way I wanted them to. It's pretty basic, but I really like the text.

So there's my stuff. Feel free to rate, hate, or whatever you feel is necessary. Just please don't spam. Like I said I was bored and needed to pass the time, so I decided to share with the world what I sometimes do in my free time. Enjoy.

- Clone

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus

got bored and made this. i also spent way too much time on it.
This looks fantastic; just one tidbit - The gradient that covers the F of Force and the letters beneath it is very distracting, as it draws from the text. Either lessen the brightness of the gradient or move the text. :)

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This looks fantastic; just one tidbit - The gradient that covers the F of Force and the letters beneath it is very distracting, as it draws from the text. Either lessen the brightness of the gradient or move the text. :)
I actually didnt use a gradient for that. I used the Bevel & Emboss feature for the text. I played around with it a bit more, and I found results that I liked much better, which I incorporated into a different banner that I tried out, seen below:

Tried something a bit different by not doing the standard.rectangle, and instead used a star and lightning bolt on a transparent background. I think this one turned out much better, too, since it's a lot crisper than the other one was.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Do you take requests? Because it'd be really cool to have one of these for my sig.

GarbodorKing, don't revive the thread please. OP hasn't posted in a year.

Rule #2) Try to exercise discretion when bumping/posting in old threads. Is the thread a community project? Then it's probably ok to add to it whenever you'd like. Is it someone else's banner thread that hasn't been updated in years? Try not to post in that one. You can always update your own banner or sprite thread with new content, no matter how old.
not mini-modding but it's the rules.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)