[COMPLETED] Greninja

That's a good point,but the only Pokémon I can think of that the other moves don't hit it hard is actually Rotom,and with a Grass Knot it will make that Volt Switch only a minor scratch.Hell I literally won a final tournament game with a bunch of friends that way,used grass knot ,he used VS didn't do a thing,then used Dark Pulse,flinched him,and Dark Pulse again,and I use Expert Belt,so Greninja can live longer. In my set I don't use U-turn since my Atk IV is garbage,but you get the point,is a good alternative,besides,it one hit KO Tyranitars and M.Blastoises alike,and you don't become Gyarados bait.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This analysis was created to highlight Greninja's overall strengths in a metagame. Personal experiences, including your own in-game Greninja's IVs (this shouldn't even be an issue) and "battles with friends" or tournaments, should be left out. Please stop.

That said, while I agree the Grass moves may deserve some looking at, people need to post actual good evidence / notes for its viability in the future.

I see. Well I'm not saying it deserves to be in any set,just that it should be slashed in one.Protean is all about mind tricks,at this point even more then freacking King Shield.So variable sets that actually work are always usefull and GK does fit well in some sets. 2 hit KO Gyarados while also been able to take out most water types is a positive thing enough to earn a spot.Hell more usefull then U turn in my opinion,at least on Greninja,since that 4 atk EV won't make a diference to anything in the long run.I mean,if I know you don't have GN I'll put my Azullmaril on the field use Belly drum while I'll laugh at you U turn.

But I can't really do nothing about it,in the end is your decision to slash it or not.

The times i used Grass knot i regretted not having Dark Pulse.
You get a stronger and more accurate hit on Tyranitar, Hippowdon and Vaporeon but hitting the super-common Rotom-W and Aegislash to me is far superior.

I found that scizor is an excellent teammate to greninja. Scizor can take care of special walls that would otherwise wall greninja. Greninja can deal with most pokemon that use fire moves (fire types and dragons) Both can learn U turn keeping momentum. They make a great offensive pair overall.

Here is what I have used in game for its all out special attack. Though it has been approved before this post.

Greninja

Nature: timid

Item: life orb

Ability: Protean

Move set:
Grass Knot
Dark Pulse
Scald
Ice Beam

Though it great to have a powerful move such as Surf and Hydro Pump, I find it better to run Scald (80 base power) instead of Surf for its base power for scald goes over at least 140 BP (estimated calculation) along with the 30% burn chance makes it a well done choice unless you can prove it completely wrong. Though some can give the argument "oh it doesn't hit more than one 'Mon in doubles" well if you are using it in singles I suggest scald for doubles surf.

Grass Knot for the reason of even if you get a wimpy 50 from the random base you can still hit near 100 base power. And you can get some good resistances when needed as well as hitting strong bulky rock types and ground types.

Last edited:
It's already been stated a crapload of times why Grass Knot isn't on there. I guess it deserves a mention, maybe even a slash but it's really not a primary move.

Scald is interesting, I've seen a lot of people choose it over Hydro Miss. I might also test it out and see how it goes.

I don't normally post in these threads, but here goes:

If Endeavor is obtainable, via Archeops > Corphish Grenjnja, would a Focus Sash + Endeavor + W Shuriken be a good Revenge set?

To compare, it would be similar to Mamoswibe's OU set in Gen 5. I haven't tried the breed yet because I don't have the Pokemon, but you guys do.

I wanted to add more to this topic... but I forgot :(
I may not be an "expert" on Pokemon theorycrafting, but I know a similar / identical set when I see one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)