Considering old threads in our "article revamp"

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
just going to paste the pm and my reply here

Shiny Crobat said:
Jumpman16,

In my opinion, not only articles are a part of this community. There have been several good threads with great ideas in all forums. New and old members could learn from these threads and see what this forum has to offer. If a section or just a couple of links could be made to this kind of threads, I think this will support Smogon and the members. I think this idea could help the members support Smogon more. This is probably not the only thing that could give members a reason to help Smogon to be the best competetive pokemon battling community, but it doesn't require much time. If certain people with some experience here could look through five to ten pages a day and pick, what they think are good threads, to carry out this idea, it could actually work.

I hope you'll consider reading this and think of this idea's potential. Thank you.

Shiny Crobat
This idea has some potential, I'll bounce it off of our staff. Thanks.

and it does, though somewhat less since we dont have 3+ years of threads to call upon. it wouldn't have to be too many threads and they could go to some subsection of smogon's greatest hits or whatever...but i'm pretty sure you don't really need that much "experience" to tell what a good thread is or not, this is a project that would very well suit a non-badge holder or two (or three etc) who's looking to contribute, and then our staff can reserve judgment on the actual threads they find.

it may not be worth it though considering we dont have that much to work with (only 12 months' worth) so what do you guys think

Max

yadig
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I for one like the idea. Even if we only have 12+ months of threads, I'm sure there are enough of them to make this worthwhile. As long as it helps the people of the community out, I don't see a problem in arranging some users to find useful threads.

Plus, I'm sure we can find quite a few users who'd be willing to help out, since they want to contribute to Smogon.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm sure some threads in Stark Mountain where people put forward their interesting theories about the D/P metagame, and more, would be a great asset and is a perfect example of what this is about.

Obviously there are threads all over the boards that would benifit the author and the articles that need many opinions, and not just his.

Good idea!

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So if we find anything worth mentioning, we run it through this thread to see if it's worth keeping?

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i guess, though making a post about this in C&C may be better so we dont have current contributors doubling up on tasks when there are (i hope) plenty of contributors-in-waiting who can help with stuff like this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)