SM UU Cotton Eyed Joe (Scrotom + Altaria)

I am back, baby and I'm bringing the pain!

Remember when people were complaining about how Scrotom was messing up the OU metagame? Well, look who's down here to mess the UU metagame up! The power creep this gen is bonkers and I like it. OU can keep its boring Tapus and Landorus-T; give me some Scrotom, baby!

Buggsy (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Initially I started out using a bulky SD set as a win-con, then realized that Scizor was more useful as a cleaner + blanket check than it was as a sweeper. Knock Off is run because I already have a reliable Pursuit trapper with Krookodile. Bullet Punch takes care of Weavile and Mamoswine. Superpower is coverage for Empoleon and U-Turn forms the famous Scrotom volt-turn core with Rotom-W.

Laundromat (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

I love that this guy's dropped! He's great - he can pivot and checks other waters. Together with Scizor and Krookodile, this guy checks Metagross reliably. Volt Switch takes care of frailer waters like Mega Sharpedo and fliers like Honchkrow. WoW is to cripple other Scizor on the switch, and Hydro Pump is to play mind games with Gliscor.

Cotton Picker (Altaria-Mega) @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

The great thing about Mega Altaria is that it can switch in multiple times because of its access to Roost. This means it can double as a sweeper and a check to many of the things that threaten Scrotom, like Mega Sceptile with HP Fire. Return/EQ is nearly perfect neutral coverage.

Rock 'n Roll (Krookodile) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Pursuit

This team was weak to fast threats like Latias and needed a harder Steel check, so I decided to knock in Krookodile as a blanket check to those guys. Krook immediately threatens Metagross, Nihilego and Alola-Muk and puts pressure on hyper offensive teams in general with Intimidate.

Onion (Celebi) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Now, obviously Rotom-W fails to check the most important Waters in the tier; itself and Swampert. This is what this little guy's for! I toyed around with a support SR set, but I really need the Grass STAB to leave a dent in things. Nasty Plot lets me put more offensive pressure on BO teams. Giga Drain is reliable recovery and all I need to take care of aforementioned threats. Psychic hits Poison-types that aren't Alola-Muk and HP Fire is to give non-bulky Scizor a nasty surprise. I'm not sure about Z-Grass but it breaks through Sharpedo's Protect.

Squawk (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Specially defensive Empoleon might seem like a weird choice for the last slot but it serves an important role as both hazard setter and hazard control. Toxic is to beat setup sweepers. Scald is just general STAB in case I get Taunted. Defog and Stealth Rock are there for see the first sentence again.

importable

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
I think the team is good, it covers most of the metagame and has some nice power to back it up and make threats.

I might consider making Scizor max HP instead of speed since it really helps with things like Weavile and Latias which you are otherwise slightly weak to (only if Altaria hasn't Mega yet for Latias).

Also I highly recommend changing Celebi to Groundium Z with Earth Power as you still demolish Scizor after a boost and you get more threats in general like Jirachi and Klefki.

Honestly this is extremely solid so thanks for posting.

Thank you! I took your changes and implemented them. Coming from someone like you, it really means a lot to a UU player like me.

If Weav gets banned I'm thinking of switching back to max Speed, though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)