Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Unlucky Desperado

Banned deucer.
nv is also in top form just like they were in Cologne. BUT I KNOW C9 WILL BEAT FNATIC TIME TO WAKE UP AT 2 TO SUPPORT C9 TAKE MY ENERGH AND NOT MY SEVEN CENT SKIN THAT NETS FORTY ONE IF YIU GUYS WIN

Unlucky Desperado

Banned deucer.
Lfgi c9

Edit: mirage and train banned. Those were the maps c9 beat Fnatic in the faceit finals.
Edit2: CLOUD9 ON POINT
Edit3: fuck. Too many forcebuys and several dumb plays give Fnatic the map.....

;-;

Thoughts on Quarters:

EnvyUs vs Fnatic
All signs point to Envy winning. All players are in top form while Fnatic has been slumping. Envy has defeated Na'Vi quite easily whereas Fnatic has struggled vs Vexed, LG and lost to several pistol ecos from C9. Comes down to map choice and if Fnatic can get a big performance from JW and Olof. Krimz and Flusha are playing well while Envy has the best individual talent right now. KennyS has not been getting the AWP at a high frequency as Cologne but I think EnvyUs will surround their strategy around Kenny AWPing

Virtus.Pro vs G2 Kinguin
VP is the favorite but they are known for losing games to weaker teams. However this is a Bo3 and with their deep map pool VP should win vs G2. G2 did beat mousports twice but got destroyed by TSM who work as a team as well as VP. Snax has been doing very well and the other players have all had their moments. Pasha has to do better but if the others get rolling then the plow will move onto semis.

NiP vs Team SoloMid
NiP have been struggling quite a bit. However their decider vs Titan was very convincing. I know NiP have been known to peak during majors and they have "magic". But TSM is probably the best team in the world right now and won easily in groups. I think this will be the closer game than Envy vs Fnatic but obviously it is less hyped than the aforementioned matchup.

Na'Vi/CLG vs Luminosity

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
lol that was stupid. All it took was one pistol shot to kill both remaining players but one guy died somehow and the other fucking walked on fire. ugh.

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Ok so imma give my quarters predicts

NV VS FNATIC: This should be a close series if fnatic plays like fnatic of old and don't continue to slump. Even if they do play thier absolute best I'm going with nv. NV 2:1

VP VS G2: Not much to say about this other then a quick clean 2:0 for VP. The only way they lose is they play like absolute dogshit. VP 2:0

TSM VS NIP: Even though nip is slumping rthey shouldn't get blown out and I predict a 2 close maps in favor of TSM. TSM 2:0

LG VS NA'VI: While LG is playing very good I don't think they can keep it up over a 3 game series. NA'VI's overall skill and tactics should take this in 3. NA'VI 2:1

jacob

Ok so I stay up until 5 to watch the whole nv vs fnatic series because I thought it would be the only good one and wake up to find that that VP AND TSM LOST WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK THIS MIGHT BE THE MOST FUCKED EVENT EVER

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ok what the fuck I missed all the important matches but got the results, this isn't what I expected at all .-.

TSM didn't even go 2-1 it was a straight up 2-0.

jacob

Ok I'm going to predict an unpredictable semis

NV VS G2: NV should just roll after how they played today. NV 2:0

NIP VS NA'VI: This is a toss up if U NIP can play like they did today it would be a 2:1 for them but I don't think they will play that well again and NA'VI will win. NA'VI 2:1

aVocado

@ Everstone
no one talked about finals but tl;dr navi got bodied.

also tried competitive mode for the first time today. was pretty fun, at first we were getting bodied then we stepped it up and ended up losing 16-10 or something. should be a lot more fun if we actually had a way to communicate though, i'd do it again if voice chat was available.

also i can only play on dust 2 so far.

Unlucky Desperado

Banned deucer.
mm can get very frustrating when there are derankers/trolls/smurfs. However it can be pretty rewarding,

Since u watch comp games I guess you already have an advantage. Dust 2 was also my first map but Mirage, Cache are easy to learn

jacob

Mirage and cache are like the same map with flipped bombsites maybe that's why I like them so much. Also it irks me when I see ppl saying NA'VI didn't deserve the finals it's not their fault everyone else chocked

the idea of a team not "deserving" a finals is pretty silly anyways it's not as if navi was beating nobodies

sad that fnatic lost :[ but at least it was to the champs. cool showing by G2 too - norwegians showing up without weak teammates holding them back

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I play competitive time to time, and besides the odd guy who is either using some kind of aimbot or has the reflexes and hands of a God, it's usually quite fun and somewhat balanced. I hate it that I only seem to get Dust II, when my favourite map is Mirage :(

aVocado

@ Everstone
I play competitive time to time, and besides the odd guy who is either using some kind of aimbot or has the reflexes and hands of a God, it's usually quite fun and somewhat balanced. I hate it that I only seem to get Dust II, when my favourite map is Mirage :(
You can set it to only look for Mirage though, that's what I did with dust 2. When you choose the competitive mode you can check and uncheck stages that you wanna play on and it'll matchmake for the checked stages only.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Anyone else know the fucking rage when someone in enemy team gets over 100 points, doubling in kills 2nd in his team, making several aces and headshoting everyone even with Nova, managing to single handedly win most rounds with any weapon? I'm so salty right now,,,

jacob

Anyone else know the fucking rage when someone in enemy team gets over 100 points, doubling in kills 2nd in his team, making several aces and headshoting everyone even with Nova, managing to single handedly win most rounds with any weapon? I'm so salty right now,,,
Smurfs are cool :D unless ur a high rank then hackers are cool!

Joim

Pixels matter
Smurfs are cool :D unless ur a high rank then hackers are cool!
I'm low rank, but if that guy's a smurf, he must be incredibly good, being able to ace a game with Nova, killing by headshot at a distance, just after having aced with a Desert Eagle. Also headshoting everyone with AWP while moving. Argh.

jacob

I'm low rank, but if that guy's a smurf, he must be incredibly good, being able to ace a game with Nova, killing by headshot at a distance, just after having aced with a Desert Eagle. Also headshoting everyone with AWP while moving. Argh.
If your below gold nova master and he's lem or higher that wouldn't be to hard when I smurf on my mg2 account (I'm lem) I can get 30 kills with pistols without much effort. Sorry for sounding cocky but the skillgap between ranks is insane and that's why ranking up is so rewarding

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)