Creative and Underrated Sets in Balanced Hackmons

Today I will be sharing a set that "walls" mega-ray (lol little do you know those doesn't exist)

Arceus @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Flamethrower / Lava Plum
- Quiver Dance
- Recover / Leech Seed

Now you are probably asking yourself "why would you use this over mega tyranitar" and the answer is quite simple. Arceus is faster so it can't get rekt the turn after by a coverage move. Also the loss of bulk is not that bad. Most tyranitar are also the offensive poison heal set anyways.

252 Atk Life Orb Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Tyranitar: 99-117 (24.5 - 28.9%) -- 99.4% chance to 4HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 40 Def Arceus-Rock: 117-138 (26.4 - 31.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

0 SpA Life Orb Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Tyranitar: 182-214 (45 - 52.9%) -- 31.3% chance to 2HKO

0 SpA Life Orb Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Rock: 182-214 (41 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Now SpDef tyranitar walls it much better but arceus has a good chance to knock out -SpDef ray with judgment and a small chance if it's neutral SpDef.

Sometimes it does get a chance to set up a QD but most of the time you won't be sweeping, just get off a nice hit against the (most likely) registeel switchin. If you think you are quite lucky then you can use lava plume for the burns but you are playing with RNG which can really screw you up. If this arceus gets burned it will not wall rays as comfortably as it could and it definitely won't be able to beat its own imposter even with leech seed. But if aren't lucky and want to use lava plume normal/fire coverage is pretty easy to wall with common mons like PH giratina or PH tyranitar or even just ho-oh with leech seed.

The EVs let arceus to outspeed everything under and including base 115s. The rest are just out into defense to help wall rays better.

Thanks for all your recent contributions and thanks flint for linking this thread in the BH thread, since I'm pretty sure a lot of people didn't even know of its existence. I'm going to update the OP soon with more of the ones that I think are the most effective.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This thread is cool! I'll post some sets. Here are a few I've tinkered; if these are more standard, my mistake, since I don't exactly know what is and isn't standard.

Mega Aerodactyl @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
- Spore / Dark Void
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm / U-Turn
- Magic Coat / King's Shield

Here is my current lead. Lots o text but here we go.
Great at wreaking havoc, making opportunities, anti-leading, and setting hazards. Besides Sash maybe, I don't see any tiem options jump out, and Goggles are nice in case of Prankster Spore and generally easing a bit of worry. It's also very important to have a chance against deo-s if you forgo Magic Coat (see further down). For a sleep/hazard lead the EV spread and first two move slots should be fairly self-explanatory.
Diamond Storm is a great balance between power and accuracy. It is Aerodactyls best STAB (besides dragon ascent, in a sense, but that doesn't really fit here) and has a chance to boost his def, helping him take espeeds and fake outs better.
U-Turn is another nice momentum-gaining option and especially great to use when a sleeping foe is swapped out.
Magic Coat is my preferred option here since this set does an awesome job anti-leading deoxys-s and baiting it into a sleep/taunt/hazards etc. And hey, if it uses spore and blocks the Magic Coat with Goggles, you can rest easier next turn, since it has Spore as its sleeping move and you have Goggles. King's Shield is an option to help deal with Atespeed leads, but to use it, you have to take the chance that opposing Deo-A will have Spore and not another sleep move, unless you have a Magic Coater to lead in place of M-Aero.

This one is probably more different and possibly more gimmicky/less viable but I think it's kinda neat so hear goes.

Arceus @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
- Psycho Shift
- Recover
- Protect
- Soak

Little less text here thankfully. This is a toxic orb / poison heal / psycho shift set with a few (I think?) changes. Protect ensure toxic orb activates and you aren't afflicted with another status, such as a fast Spore or Prankster Will-O-Wisp, while also ensuring you are immune to these statuses. Soak means that steel and poison types aren't safe. The EV spread is specially defensive to take things like AteBursts better.

Interested to see what you think.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
This thread is cool! I'll post some sets. Here are a few I've tinkered; if these are more standard, my mistake, since I don't exactly know what is and isn't standard.

Mega Aerodactyl @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
- Spore / Dark Void
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm / U-Turn
- Magic Coat / King's Shield

Here is my current lead. Lots o text but here we go.
Great at wreaking havoc, making opportunities, anti-leading, and setting hazards. Besides Sash maybe, I don't see any tiem options jump out, and Goggles are nice in case of Prankster Spore and generally easing a bit of worry. It's also very important to have a chance against deo-s if you forgo Magic Coat (see further down). For a sleep/hazard lead the EV spread and first two move slots should be fairly self-explanatory.
Diamond Storm is a great balance between power and accuracy. It is Aerodactyls best STAB (besides dragon ascent, in a sense, but that doesn't really fit here) and has a chance to boost his def, helping him take espeeds and fake outs better.
U-Turn is another nice momentum-gaining option and especially great to use when a sleeping foe is swapped out.
Magic Coat is my preferred option here since this set does an awesome job anti-leading deoxys-s and baiting it into a sleep/taunt/hazards etc. And hey, if it uses spore and blocks the Magic Coat with Goggles, you can rest easier next turn, since it has Spore as its sleeping move and you have Goggles. King's Shield is an option to help deal with Atespeed leads, but to use it, you have to take the chance that opposing Deo-A will have Spore and not another sleep move, unless you have a Magic Coater to lead in place of M-Aero.

This one is probably more different and possibly more gimmicky/less viable but I think it's kinda neat so hear goes.

Arceus @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
- Psycho Shift
- Recover
- Protect
- Soak

Little less text here thankfully. This is a toxic orb / poison heal / psycho shift set with a few (I think?) changes. Protect ensure toxic orb activates and you aren't afflicted with another status, such as a fast Spore or Prankster Will-O-Wisp, while also ensuring you are immune to these statuses. Soak means that steel and poison types aren't safe. The EV spread is specially defensive to take things like AteBursts better.

Interested to see what you think.
I personally don't think dedicated leads are too good in BH, as they can get removed very easily. Also, if you're running Moldy Aero, you should probably add Pursuit so you can at least do something other than set rocks by killing Shedinja. Magic Coat seems kinda gimmicky especially as Deo-S isn't common at all. To be completely honest, Aero's only viable set is probably the Fur Coat Aerilate MRay check. As for Arceus, PH Arceus is great, but Psycho Shift just isn't good. It's entire premise is Toxic stalling and there are a lot of things that can use the Soak turn to set up or just 2HKO (or just pivot out). Also, Spiky Shield 100% outclasses Protect. Not to get you down or anything, but while these may be creative, they don't really do much in the current meta.

Don't forget Magic Guard - It gives bulkier teams a bit of trouble because it discourages Chansey from switching in to scout its moveset.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Flare Blitz / V-Create
- Brave Bird
- High Jump Kick

Only Fur Coat Giratina and Flash Fire Aegislash can really switch in to this thing - Normal Giratina is 2HKO'd with any prior damage or Stealth Rock. Fur Coat Chansey can try to switch in, but is pressured immensely by High Jump Kick which prevents it from doing anything except constantly healing while fishing for a miss, or using Nuzzle if it has it. This thing WILL sweep through teams with only one check.

Last edited:
Rayquaza-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Fake Out
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Judgment

I use this paired with a standard Aerilate Mega Rayquaza to lure its checks & counters, and, once the set is revealed, force them to guess with Ray are they facing.
Fake Out is merely for bluffing Aerilate. Fake Out + priority Dragon Ascent works as FakeSpeed. Tbh Gale Wings is sort of a filler, as I couldn't think of a better ability that didn't reveal Ray's identity (Download, Protean). V-create lures the traditional bulky Steel-types that wall Ray (some of them can even take Magma Storm somewhat) and destroys them, while Spooky Plate Judgment beats Mega Slowbro, some Giratina and Flash Fire Aegislash.
To Imposterproof this set I use Flash Fire Registeel.
252+ Atk Mega Rayquaza V-create vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 386-456 (119.1 - 140.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Mega Rayquaza V-create vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Registeel: 384-454 (105.7 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 SpA Spooky Plate Mega Rayquaza Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 158-186 (48.7 - 57.4%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO
4 SpA Spooky Plate Mega Rayquaza Judgment vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Giratina: 246-290 (48.9 - 57.6%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO
4 SpA Spooky Plate Mega Rayquaza Judgment vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Mega Slowbro: 346-408 (88 - 103.8%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
4 SpA Spooky Plate Mega Rayquaza Judgment vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Slowbro: 240-284 (61 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Giratina: 234-276 (46.5 - 54.8%) -- 62.9% chance to 2HKO

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Focus Sash
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Superpower
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Ascent
- Psycho Boost

Contrary MMX is, in my opinion, one of the most underrated sets. The reason I say that is people like using Protean MMY instead when they fail to see the potential of this set. I have used this set many times, and out of 3 tournaments I have won 1, come 2nd in 1 and left in 1. This shows its performance in all cases.

-TenucSkenuck

Registeel @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Nuzzle
- Metal Burst
- Knock Off

Not an underrated set, but definitely a very creative and fun set to play with. You can see this set in many samples and using it right will definitely win you games. A good counter to M-Ray without Blue Flare. This can indeed even 1v1 M-Ray with Metal Burst. Bringing this out on the right times will be crucial and in the end will pay you off.

-TenucSkenuck

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Zap Cannon
- Blizzard
- Inferno
- Focus Blast

Oh yes. This set. Haven't heard if it? Probably, speaking of underrated. This set is absolutely amazing for me. It works well on most threats. It takes care of Shedinja completely if you don't have a status move in the back. This hurts M-Rays, Registeels,, Shedinjas, MMX, and almost all threats. These moves also having a 100% status chance will frustrate the opponent and open you up to different choices.

-TenucSkenuck

Last edited by a moderator:
Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Superpower
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Ascent
- Psycho Boost

Contrary MMX is, in my opinion, one of the most underrated sets. The reason I say that is people like using Protean MMY instead when they fail to see the potential of this set. I have used this set many times, and out of 3 tournaments I have won 1, come 2nd in 1 and left in 1. This shows its performance in all cases.

-TenucSkenuck
You'll need strong Imposterproofing to deal with a MMX Imposter if you're using this set though.
Registeel @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Nuzzle
- Metal Burst
- Knock Off

Not an underrated set, but definitely a very creative and fun set to play with. You can see this set in many samples and using it right will definitely win you games. A good counter to M-Ray without Blue Flare. This can indeed even 1v1 M-Ray with Metal Burst. Bringing this out on the right times will be crucial and in the end will pay you off.

-TenucSkenuck
This is a standard set and definitely not creative.

You'll need strong Imposterproofing to deal with a MMX Imposter if you're using this set though.

This is a standard set and definitely not creative.
For MMX, yes Imposter will clearly backfire hard and there is no point Imposterproofing it because it won't happen, best call is to try not to sweep on a Chansey team.

For Registeel, it is very standard, I agree. What I basically meant by creative (I worded it wrong) was usefull and helpful, though you can do creative things with it.

-TenucSkenuck

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
Speaking of Contrary, this set has been working really nicely for me

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Timid might be better for outspeed Deoxys-Speed, but Modest Scarf outspeeds everything else so I don't really see much use going Timid. Scarf also means that you outspeed all non scarf Chanseys, so it can't even come in successfully to revenge kill unless you miss the Draco.

If you do miss, Rayquaza is modest so you can revenge kill with -ate Diancie, or with something like protean MM2Y with Ice Beam.

TenucSkenuck MMX/Y should definitely be Naive/Timid, especially with no speed boosting moves.

MMX with no speed boosting nature is outsped by everything faster than Rayquaza, which means that even if you have some defense boosts up, Rayquaza can just OHKO with a Boomburst.

Without +speed, MMY is outsped and OHKOed by mons that are usually slower like Gengar/MMX

Last edited:
OP is up to date. Note that I'm being fairly subjective with regards to which sets I choose to put in the original post, but I personally feel confident that I have played the metagame long enough to distinguish between a creative set and a gimmick and an underrated set and an appropriately rated one. If you disagree with one of my placements, feel free to attempt to convince me in this thread, as that could make for some interesting discussion.

dragonite drake

i go by zanglooser on ps
here is a creative set(i have never seen one out of my team so i am assuming it is creative)

Latias-Mega @ Soul Dew
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 128 Def / 252 SpA / 128 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psystrike
- Spacial Rend
- Recover/kings shield
- Searing Shot

Details: This is one of the best bulky sweepers, with good physical bulk and specail bulk(soul dew), while having a great SpA (624) . at full health it survives espeed from everything unboosted, and can OHKO each of the ate users with its stab (psystrike for diance, spacial rend for kyuerem and ray). However it doesnt switch into any of them, and if opp realises that it is furcoat, then it will be killed by boom bust.you can run KS over ecover for better match up against ate users, but recovery is generaly better. lets check its match up against some important mons on the vaibility list:

Imposter chansey:
+1 252+ SpA Mega Latias Spacial Rend vs.(250 base hp) +1 252 HP / 128 SpD Mega Latias: 242-288 (34.3 - 40.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Mega Latias Spacial Rend vs. +1 0 HP / 128 SpD Mega Latias: 164-194 (54.4 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Not a very good match up, but chansey doesnt switch into latias, which can be played to latias's atvantage sometimes

mmy(protean set)

252 SpA Spooky Plate Protean Mega Mewtwo Y Judgment vs. +1 0 HP / 128 SpD Mega Latias: 228-270 (75.7 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Mega Latias Psystrike vs.(ghost type) 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Mewtwo Y: 379-447 (107.3 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
A decent check, it can switch into predicted KS to kill mmy.

ray

252+ SpA Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. +1 0 HP / 128 SpD Mega Latias: 178-211 (59.1 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 128 Def Fur Coat Mega Latias: 93-109 (30.8 - 36.2%) -- 53% chance to 3HKO
+1 252+ SpA Mega Latias Spacial Rend vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Rayquaza: 570-672 (162.3 - 191.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

pretty good check.

giratina

+1 252+ SpA Mega Latias Spacial Rend vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 360-426 (71.5 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

good check

mmx protean dies to special rend easy, refrigarate set as well, however contrary sets will be trouble.

aegislash(assuming fire flash aegi is not a thing):
+1 252+ SpA Mega Latias Searing Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 204-242 (62.9 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
yet another mon checked by this.

dialga
+1 252+ SpA Mega Latias Spacial Rend vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Dialga: 285-336 (70.7 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Dialga Doom Desire vs. +1 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Latias: 132-156 (36.3 - 42.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Dialga Spacial Rend vs. +1 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Latias: 188-224 (51.7 - 61.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

it is easy to see who will win this, however if dialga has boosted by tail glowm, it will be trouble.

I can continue this, but i will just say the name of the mons who really thrreaten this, flash fire registell, knock off users (notably ttar). and shedinja(completly walls infact). (some others but i am not really looking into them as they are probably uncommon)

A good team-mate is registeel/aegislash, its typing lets it take care of ice types and fairy types and dragons, while having the ability to kill shedinja after entartainmen or if it runs whirlpool. they also provide slow u-turns to safely bring latias in the field, as the calcs show latias can handle hits from godly attackers, but not switch into them. flash fire registeel can be good mate as if imposter chansey copies this, registeel can come in and completly wall the opp. aegislash is also a decent choice as it deals better with shedinja, being immune to endevoer, and being able to use entertainment+ anothe attack to kill it. Gar is another good mate, as it kills both imposter chansey and shedinja(moldbreaker) .

to finish off, a replay:http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-361873173

i am a mid ladder player so go easy on me if you think it is shit....

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
dragonite drake is there any specific reason for those evs? I think adding some to HP would be more beneficial, since boosting HP effectively boosts defense and special defense too.

MAMP

MAMP!
boost by furcoat and soul dew, which would be low if only HP increased.
HP investment has more of an effect on bulk than defense investment, even when that defense investment is being multiplied by things like Fur Coat and Soul Dew. Here's some calcs to demonstrate:

252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 128 Def Fur Coat Mega Latias: 93-109 (30.8 - 36.2%) -- 53% chance to 3HKO (with your current investment)
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Fur Coat Mega Latias: 102-121 (28 - 33.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO (with 252 HP)

Same goes for special attacks:

252 SpA Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. +1 0 HP / 128 SpD Mega Latias: 163-193 (54.1 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (with your current investment)
252 SpA Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Latias: 178-211 (48.9 - 57.9%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO (with 252 HP)

As you can see, 252 HP gives you more bulk overall than 128 Def/128 Spdef. This is a really cool set btw, Mega Lati@s is a mon with a ton of unexplored potential in BH, I'm glad to see someone having success with it!

You could probably consider this a bad gimmick, but what the heck, it has potential to break through some common walls, and it's imposterproof.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Timid Nature
- Focus Energy
- Psycho Boost
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat

252 SpA Sniper Mega Mewtwo Y Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Audino on a critical hit: 429-505 (104.6 - 123.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Sniper Mega Mewtwo Y Psycho Boost vs. 8 HP / 248 SpD Eviolite Chansey on a critical hit: 355-420 (55.2 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Sniper Mega Mewtwo Y Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Tyranitar on a critical hit: 274-324 (67.9 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

Chansey and MTar will just KO back with Metal Burst and Knock Off, respectively, given that they came in safely. Also, -ate users can KO with Extreme Speed. However, if these threats (and possibly a few others) M2Y can and will easily run through an opposing team.

You could probably consider this a bad gimmick, but what the heck, it has potential to break through some common walls, and it's imposterproof.

Imposter-resistant. An Imposter-proof set is one where an Imposter is either unable to harm the Impostee, can only inflict negligible damage to the Impostee, or is otherwise rendered helpless without being able to do the same to the Impostee under normal circumstances. Being able to kill the Imposter is nice, but not necessary. Spooky Judgement Gengar is the common one, but other examples include Lando-T with Electric/Ground attack moves, Flash Fire Heatran with Fire/Poison attack moves, many Poison Healers with Leech Seed and/or Spore, Flame/Toxic Orb with Quick Feet and Imprison, etc.

If a set is highly likely to beat or force out an Imposter, but may take significant damage in doing so, such as Protean Deo-A with a Focus Sash, or an unhappy Fridge Kyu-B with Frustration and Rocky Helmet, it's merely resistant.

Just wondering if Uselesscrab could link the sets to the post so we can see the reasoning, cuz I was looking for explanation on Venusaur's EV spread and had to search the thread for the post.
Since I'm here I'll share this because it's actually quite better than I thought it would be.

Diancie-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Pixilate
Adamant Nature
- Thrash / Return
- Extreme Speed
- V-create / Boomburst
- Bolt Strike / Explosion / U-turn

Oh I see you have a Diancie counter on your team...
252+ Atk Choice Band Pixilate Mega Diancie Thrash vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 324-382 (50.4 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Pixilate Mega Diancie Thrash vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Aegislash-Shield: 171-202 (52.7 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Pixilate Mega Diancie Thrash vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 171-202 (46.9 - 55.4%) -- 74.6% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Pixilate Mega Diancie Thrash vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ho-Oh: 266-313 (63.9 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Thrash / Return and Espeed are the main moves, everything else is filler. If you run return make sure you run hazards on top to get dem 2HKOs.
For the other moves, V-create is obvious while Bolt strike can OHKO Ho-Oh without being a pain to imposterproof. All in all it's a pretty good wallbreaker that can be a nightmare for more defensive teams.

EDIT: It's king's shield weak yeh. So smt like ph MAudino (which commonly runs kings shield) can switch in, ks once and then has recovered enough to live another hit. It can be played around since Maudino is pressured into ks, for example if you switch out on the ks MAudino can't switch back in. But it's an issue nonetheless.

252+ Atk Choice Band Pixilate Mega Diancie Thrash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Audino: 300-354 (73.1 - 86.3%)
-2 252+ Atk Choice Band Pixilate Mega Diancie Thrash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Audino: 151-178 (36.8 - 43.4%)

Last edited:
Just wondering if Uselesscrab could link the sets to the post so we can see the reasoning, cuz I was looking for explanation on Venusaur's EV spread and had to search the thread for the post.
Since I'm here I'll share this because it's actually quite better than I thought it would be.

Diancie-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Pixilate
Adamant Nature
- Thrash / Return
- Extreme Speed
- V-create / Boomburst
- Bolt Strike / Explosion / U-turn

Oh I see you have a Diancie counter on your team...
252+ Atk Choice Band Pixilate Mega Diancie Thrash vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 324-382 (50.4 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Pixilate Mega Diancie Thrash vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Aegislash-Shield: 171-202 (52.7 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Pixilate Mega Diancie Thrash vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 171-202 (46.9 - 55.4%) -- 74.6% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Pixilate Mega Diancie Thrash vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ho-Oh: 266-313 (63.9 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Thrash / Return and Espeed are the main moves, everything else is filler. If you run return make sure you run hazards on top to get dem 2HKOs.
For the other moves, V-create is obvious while Bolt strike can OHKO Ho-Oh without being a pain to imposterproof. All in all it's a pretty good wallbreaker that can be a nightmare for more defensive teams.
Have fought, can confirm. Is kings shield weak, though, especially vs protean mmy.

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 atk / 4 def / 252 spe
Naughty Nature
-Storm Throw
-Heart Stamp
-Frost Breath / Mach Punch / Flame Charge
-Shadow Sneak / Shadow Punch

---------------------------------------------------

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 atk / 4 spd / 252 spe
Jolly Nature
-Coil
-Extreme Speed
-Dragon Rush
-Precipice Blades

Last edited:

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 atk / 4 def / 252 spe
Naughty Nature
-Storm Throw
-Heart Stamp
-Frost Breath / Mach Punch / Flame Charge
-Shadow Sneak / Shadow Punch

---------------------------------------------------

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 atk / 4 spd / 252 spe
Jolly Nature
-Coil
-Extreme Speed
-Dragon Rush
-Precipice Blades
The second one seems pretty neat, although I have some suggestions, like download>simple and (shift gear/kings sheild/Fake out)>coil, or dragon rush being bad and needing to be replaced with one of the former moves, boomburst, or magma storm. verall, However, its a nice idea if you want a second ate.

The first one, I am sorry to say, is outclassed. Nothing it does isn't done better by another set, such as storm throw being worse than adaptability CC. Heart stamp, while possibly the best option for this set, is also bad because of redundant coverage, and could stand to be replaced with gear grind. The priority options are worse than water shruiken, and it doesn't beat anything notable or act as a lure.

MAMP

MAMP!
yo its ya boi mamp here coming at ya with the greatest mega chomp set to ever grace the bh ladder

POWER (Garchomp-Mega) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Claw / Dual Chop
- U-turn / Trick
- Precipice Blades

This set is really fantastic in the current meta. With Scarf, Mega Chomp outspeeds almost the entire unboosted metagame, beating everything up to and including MM2Y. Adaptability Precipice Blades 2HKOs almost the entire tier, and most things that don't drop to it struggle to take Dragon Claw or Thousand Arrows. Here's some calcs to demonstrate:

252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Garchomp Thousand Arrows vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Mewtwo Y: 354-418 (100.2 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Garchomp Precipice Blades vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Mewtwo X: 350-414 (99.1 - 117.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Rayquaza: 472-556 (134.4 - 158.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 300-356 (59.5 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Garchomp Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Audino: 214-254 (52.1 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Garchomp Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Kyogre: 384-452 (95 - 111.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Garchomp Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus: 224-264 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 256-302 (72.5 - 85.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Garchomp Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 166-196 (42.1 - 49.7%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Garchomp Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Regigigas: 324-382 (76.4 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I shouldn't need calcs to demonstrate that Aegi, Regi, TTar, MGengar, Dialga, PDon and MLati get cleanly OHKO'd.

What makes this set so cool is that it's one of the very few viable offensive checks to Protean, able to outspeed and OHKO basically every common Protean with no fear of King's Shield. It's an amazing wallbreaker that also has enough speed to easily clean up weakened teams, which makes it very difficult for many teams to deal with. It also has decent bulk too, which allows it to revenge kill -ate MRay, as it can survive an ESpeed and OHKO in return with Dragon Claw. It has some other options too; Thousand Arrows can be replaced with something else, but I really like having it because its generally safer to be locked into than Precipice Blades, as nothing is immune to it. Also Precipice Blades' 85% accuracy can be really annoying at times, so its nice to have a perfectly accurate alternative for scenarios where Precipice Blades' extra power isn't needed. You can run Jolly to outspeed MSceptile and base 150s and +1 252+ Kyogre, but its not really worth the drop in power imo. The set can be difficult to anti-Imposter just because of how hard it hits, generally I like to use Fur Coat MAudino, but basically any Fur Coat will work.

Here's some replays of the set in action. Note that a lot of these are from before I realised that Adamant with Precipice Blades was the ideal set, so in many of them I have jolly chomp w/o pblades:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-364418534 vs jon the dragon
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-balancedhackmons-153785 vs some1bored for bh open
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-352360209 vs Whatwasthatnoise (chomper gets 5 kills!)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-349031160 vs i am having fun
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-344720169 vs TheAnnoyingSableye
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-344301511 vs OscarPimentelOP (chomper lives a m2x protean ice shard)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-334323071 vs EG7

EDIT: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-368378512 a really great replay, against funbot

Last edited:
yo its ya boi mamp here coming at ya with the greatest mega chomp set to ever grace the bh ladder

POWER (Garchomp-Mega) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Claw / Dual Chop
- U-turn / Trick
- Precipice Blades

This set is really fantastic in the current meta. With Scarf, Mega Chomp outspeeds almost the entire unboosted metagame, beating everything up to and including MM2Y. Adaptability Precipice Blades 2HKOs almost the entire tier, and most things that don't drop to it struggle to take Dragon Claw or Thousand Arrows. Here's some calcs to demonstrate:

252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Garchomp Thousand Arrows vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Mewtwo Y: 354-418 (100.2 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Garchomp Precipice Blades vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Mewtwo X: 350-414 (99.1 - 117.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Rayquaza: 472-556 (134.4 - 158.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 300-356 (59.5 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Garchomp Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Audino: 214-254 (52.1 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Garchomp Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Kyogre: 384-452 (95 - 111.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Garchomp Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus: 224-264 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 256-302 (72.5 - 85.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Garchomp Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 166-196 (42.1 - 49.7%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Garchomp Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Regigigas: 324-382 (76.4 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I shouldn't need calcs to demonstrate that Aegi, Regi, TTar, MGengar, Dialga, PDon and MLati get cleanly OHKO'd.

What makes this set so cool is that it's one of the very few viable offensive checks to Protean, able to outspeed and OHKO basically every common Protean with no fear of King's Shield. It's an amazing wallbreaker that also has enough speed to easily clean up weakened teams, which makes it very difficult for many teams to deal with. It also has decent bulk too, which allows it to revenge kill -ate MRay, as it can survive an ESpeed and OHKO in return with Dragon Claw. It has some other options too; Thousand Arrows can be replaced with something else, but I really like having it because its generally safer to be locked into than Precipice Blades, as nothing is immune to it. Also Precipice Blades' 85% accuracy can be really annoying at times, so its nice to have a perfectly accurate alternative for scenarios where Precipice Blades' extra power isn't needed. You can run Jolly to outspeed MSceptile and base 150s and +1 252+ Kyogre, but its not really worth the drop in power imo. The set can be difficult to anti-Imposter just because of how hard it hits, generally I like to use Fur Coat MAudino, but basically any Fur Coat will work.

Here's some replays of the set in action. Note that a lot of these are from before I realised that Adamant with Precipice Blades was the ideal set, so in many of them I have jolly chomp w/o pblades:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-364418534 vs jon the dragon
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-balancedhackmons-153785 vs some1bored for bh open
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-352360209 vs Whatwasthatnoise (chomper gets 5 kills!)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-349031160 vs i am having fun
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-344720169 vs TheAnnoyingSableye
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-344301511 vs OscarPimentelOP (chomper lives a m2x protean ice shard)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-334323071 vs EG7
That set .cri
Why do you make these? I was hoping this one would stay exclusive to you :(.
As a note, though, the common kings shield MRay does handily beat this, as does the prankster set, so be careful using it as your only rker.

That set .cri
Why do you make these? I was hoping this one would stay exclusive to you :(.
As a note, though, the common kings shield MRay does handily beat this, as does the prankster set, so be careful using it as your only rker.
To add to that, adaptability draco meteor is a good option to hit fur coat mons or just really fat mons like slowbro-mega for high damage and handily beats ks mega-Ray.

Also:
Turn 1

Chansey used Parting Shot!
The opposing Giratina's Attack fell! The opposing Giratina's Special Attack fell!

Chansey, come back!

Go! Rayquaza (Rayquaza-Mega)!

The opposing Giratina used Parting Shot!
Rayquaza's Attack rose! Rayquaza's Special Attack rose!

MAMP withdrew Giratina!

MAMP sent out Garchomp (Garchomp-Mega)!
Turn 2
★MAMP: shit, misclick
★MAMP: ://

The opposing Garchomp used Dual Chop!
It's super effective! Rayquaza lost 77% of its health!
It's super effective! Rayquaza lost 23% of its health!
Hit 2 times!

Rayquaza fainted!
★MAMP: jk
#Skills

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)