Digimon discussion thread BEWARE SPOILERS

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know a lot of people didn't like this movie generally but I thought it was pretty good. The clash of Sora / Byiomon development was nice from the first season since Sora was less motherly in 01 and it made a nice counter.

The original original digidestined in the beginning was nice, it's good to know these secondary characters that they've introduced actually have a lot of backstory to them. Also that crazy look upon Tapirmon's rejection is just leading to fucking bad news and you god damn well know it.

Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon don't get a sweet warp sequence (though no one else did either) is disappointing but the murdering of Metalseadramon in a similar fashion to the end of 01 was a pretty nice touch boys.

Pheonixmon, great, yeah, we knew it was coming since it happened on the arc that revolved around Sora but what I'm pretty bummed about is Seraphimon's debut. TK has this great thing about him that as soon as he does anything the evil guy is getting fucked up. That's his thing, that's what he's all about, hope right? They missed the mark on that one and it probably would've been better last movie but given the development I'll let it slide for this movie and he can fuck shit up next time. HerculesKabutarymon (despite having some of the laziest naming and art of all of the digimon) felt really unnecessary during the Machinedramon fight. He had a great sacrifice in the past film, did we really need to include him and give him a named attack (where Seraphimon did not get one) this movie? I don't know.

Either way I enjoyed the ride of this one. Call me out, nerds.

Matthew Seraphimon's attack in that battle seems to be its signature move, Seven Heavens, hence the seven golden orbs.

I have to say that both Homeostasis and Yggdrasill's sides are in the wrong, based on the way the Chosen Children, the Dark Masters, and Gennai are treated as pawns by their respective sides.

Also, Tailmon looks like a bootleg figure in her warp sequence.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah overall, I was kinda disappointed in this one. Obviously not bad but I found it kind of weak. But it really was mostly just used to set up a lot of things so kinda like Star Wars 7, how part 5 handles all this stuff that was established will retroactively make this one better or worse.

What I liked:

- Sovereigns showing up in some strange silent film intro (complete with intertitles? are we about to find out Daigo and Maki were DigiDestined in the 1920s). Like I said last year, I like when they're not afraid to reference the canon introduced in 02. BlackWarGreymon flashback cameo PLEASE

- I liked that we got to see Maki and Daigo's past, and finally get some explanation/motivation for Maki's actions.

- Fight scenes were cool and well-animated. Matthew mentioned not getting a cool warp-digivolve sequence for WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon but personally I found the surprise shot more powerful.

- Hackmon getting a cool role, finally stepping into the spotlight after sneaking around for three movies. We never find out what happened between him and Alphamon at the end of part 3 though...

- I liked that they switched up the partner Digimon like they did with Gomamon and Koushiro in part 2, that was kinda nice. Didn't do much with it though or stick with it too long but what they had was nice.

- I liked how they handled the whole lost memory thing without making it too tedious (besides Sora and Biyomon). Having the Digimon ask the obvious questions to the kids was a nice way to get them to reflect on things.

- I like that Yggdrasil is now part of the continuity and I hope they can fit him and the Royal Knights with the Dark Masters and Sovereigns well, because only so many conspiracies can be happening in the Digital World, especially those we never hear of in 01 and 02. Also I like that there was no Alphamon in this one, I gotta say the usage of Alphamon in this series has been nothing short of genius. Having him appear in the climax of part 1 for an epic what the fuck moment that sets the scale for this story, and then having him disappear completely aside from a small (and even more mysterious) cameo in part 3. Really smart.

What I didn't like:

- Kinda love/hate with the Dark Masters. Like I said before, at this point they're not really the top tier threat anymore, and they were definitely very beatable in this. But on the other hand I don't know how I feel about just using them as throwaway mooks either. But Puppetmon and Piedmon were always the ones who had most to say and were most fascinating, so as long as they're still alive I hope something cool is done with them.

- It was kind of dumb how they just left Meiko on the boat like that lol. And they made Gennai (or whoever he really is) such a creep. Got quite a bit rapey with Sora and Meiko (did he really have to lick Sora, lmfao, it's like Terminator 2), seemed a little unnecessarily edgy. But not a big deal.

- Main concern with this episode: Kinda sad/confused they keep putting off the whole thing with Sora and Yamato, especially as we know they end up married with children as adults and she admitted she had feelings for him in 02. Seems like with a lot of YA series people can't ever get together until the end. But it would be nice to explore that relationship during the series, without constantly throwing Taichi in the middle of it for some reason (dude seriously needs to learn how to not be a cockblock). Wouldn't mind it if it was done right either, because Taichi is her closest childhood friend. But Sora seems to be by far the most underdeveloped character so far and personally I would have found this episode more interesting if they explored her human relationships rather than her relationship with Biyomon (which we already know is going to be okay in the end, so there isn't much suspense or ride to it, just tedium). There are subtle hints that Sora and Yamato have feelings for each other, but I think it may be a bit too subtle when everything else about this series is more shown at face value.

- The evolution sequences were just mad overkill, must have taken up like 5 entire minutes of the final segment. MegaKabuterimon was a bit pointless because we had already seen it, Seraphimon was a wasted opportunity and out of nowhere. Like Matthew said, it would be way better for him to come out later instead of being tacked on as an afterthought. Especially because in this continuity Seraphimon has gotta be at least in the top 10 strongest Digimon. I think it should have just focused on Ho-ohmon cleaning up house and have maybe some of the other kids just have champion forms supporting.

Aside from that, like I said it will depend on how well part 5 and 6 deal with all this set up. But I'm still excited. These cliffhangers for months cause me so much anxiety though lol, and when the next part comes out it creates yet another cliffhanger.

I'm kinda glad most of my theories were right too, about Hackmon being on the side of Gennai, and being a "bad guy" (I won't say evil now since it seems more like a clash of ideologies now with Homeostasis). That means Alphamon is likely a good guy. I was right about Maki too, since this episode definitely served to make her sympathetic. Totally wrong about the Milleniummon thing though, but I think what they're doing now is better.

Integer Mova I'm not sure if Homeostasis and Yggdrasil are supposed to be the same entity or not though? That was kind of confusing but maybe it'll be clearer when I rewatch.

For part 5, I'm predicting that the 02 kids will finally make their return, since I don't think it would be a good idea for them to return too close to the climax in part 6. If this episode focuses on Hikari (which would fit because she hasn't had a feature yet) it would be even more fitting since she was an 02 kid herself. This is the first part that ended in a very direct cliffhanger though; the other ones kinda wrapped up the scenario well, but for the next one we know for sure we'll have to start with them fighting Meicoomon and with Gennai still on the boat. After all the Digimon are tired and turned back into in-training, no less.

So it'll be interesting to see where that goes and to see how part 5 and 6 deal with all this set up. Only two more parts to tie up all the threads and by next year we'll have the whole picture.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
- The evolution sequences were just mad overkill, must have taken up like 5 entire minutes of the final segment. MegaKabuterimon was a bit pointless because we had already seen it, Seraphimon was a wasted opportunity and out of nowhere. Like Matthew said, it would be way better for him to come out later instead of being tacked on as an afterthought. Especially because in this continuity Seraphimon has gotta be at least in the top 10 strongest Digimon. I think it should have just focused on Ho-ohmon cleaning up house and have maybe some of the other kids just have champion forms supporting.
this was very annoying I agree. We already saw HerculesKabuterimon's evolution so it was dumb to show it again. They should have just done it like how they showed Agumon and Gabumon evolved and how they just came out of the water in their mega forms. But I guess its ok that they do that lengthy evolution sequence for newer evolutions.

Overall, I quite liked this round of episodes. We got to know more about Himekawa and also her dual personalities. Also knowing Hackmon's role and the main villain was pretty nice to know. My only concern is that there seems to be a lot more parts speculated and it takes around 5 months for a new set of episodes to come out which kinda sucks.

Lastly, since Tail/Gatomon has yet to have a mega evolution. Will it be Ophanimon or HolyDramon? I'm lowkey hoping its Ophanimon but, I recall an older movie where it was HolyDramon instead. Also is Gabumon gay?

edit- How the heck did Patamon digivolve into Seraphimon? They didn't exactly overcome anything and made it past (Sora and Biyomon discovered their love for each other for example), unless it had something to do with the infection+reboot.

Hulavuta

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Lastly, since Tail/Gatomon has yet to have a mega evolution. Will it be Ophanimon or HolyDramon? I'm lowkey hoping its Ophanimon but, I recall an older movie where it was HolyDramon instead. Also is Gabumon gay?
Not sure what you mean about Gabumon lol, but as far as Gatomon yeah it is kinda weird, because yeah in Hurricane Touchdown it was HolyDramon/Magnadramon and based on promotional material like cards that were coming out it looked like that was gonna be in tri. too, but based on the new poster it looks like it will be Ophanimon.

(Source: withthewill.net Twitter)

So it looks like the next movie will focus on Hikari and Meiko (and the poster for the 6th one will be...everyone???? even the 02 kids? a guy can hope). Hey, there's a prediction that came true already. And according to some sources that is supposed to be Ophanimon Falldown Mode. Not that familiar with Ophanimon but from a quick search it looks like that's true, normal Ophanimon covers her eyes, Falldown Mode has a scythe, etc. Really interested to see how they'll fit that in with the story. Probably would be a better time to reveal Seraphimon too but oh well lol.

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
this was very annoying I agree. We already saw HerculesKabuterimon's evolution so it was dumb to show it again. They should have just done it like how they showed Agumon and Gabumon evolved and how they just came out of the water in their mega forms. But I guess its ok that they do that lengthy evolution sequence for newer evolutions.

Overall, I quite liked this round of episodes. We got to know more about Himekawa and also her dual personalities. Also knowing Hackmon's role and the main villain was pretty nice to know. My only concern is that there seems to be a lot more parts speculated and it takes around 5 months for a new set of episodes to come out which kinda sucks.

edit- How the heck did Patamon digivolve into Seraphimon? They didn't exactly overcome anything and made it past (Sora and Biyomon discovered their love for each other for example), unless it had something to do with the infection+reboot.
What are you talking about? The entire point of the last movie was that Patamon and TK lost hope. Patamon is so far gone that he asks TK to kill him if it gets worse.

Then this movie we see that, even though only one of them preserves the memory of their friendship, nothing can stand in the way of their bond. Giving a sense of hope (duh).

TK , Joe, Patamon, and Gomamon have had the most meaningful character development out of anyone in this show, to question their megas is silly.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
What are you talking about? The entire point of the last movie was that Patamon and TK lost hope. Patamon is so far gone that he asks TK to kill him if it gets worse.

Then this movie we see that, even though only one of them preserves the memory of their friendship, nothing can stand in the way of their bond. Giving a sense of hope (duh).

TK , Joe, Patamon, and Gomamon have had the most meaningful character development out of anyone in this show, to question their megas is silly.
didn't really question their megas, all I said was how did TK manage to get Patamon to evolve, but ok

Matthew

Because TK's crest, his defining trait and characteristic, was destroyed and then rebuilt itself into a stronger version due to affirmation that Patamon and he are partners.

This is the trend with all the megas

https://wikimon.net/images/f/f9/Appmon_project_poster4.jpg

Possible spoilers for Digimon Universe Appli Monsters' late-story, the one part I always look forward to in Digimon TV series. Also, Appmon are not replacing older Digimon, in case anyone was afraid of that being true. Look what happened to Digimon Frontier and Xros Wars. Hybrid and Xros species are rarely mentioned in the null canon, if at all.

Does this mean Yuujin pulls a heel-face turn after being spied on, or was he honest about being Haru's close friend the whole time? We'll find out some time after Dantemon opens the door to the Deep Web.

Now that I think about it, Entermon is the weakest Ultimate-grade of the mains, which feels strangely similar to the squishy wizard that was Renamon's evolution line; Oujamon seems like quite an bulky truck like Terriermon's line as well. Gatchmon's line feels much more balanced, unlike the previous offensively-inclined gogglehead partners. Do stats even matter in Digimon?

Well, today may be almost over, but it was the official 20th Anniversary of Digital Monster Ver. 1 and the franchise as a whole. Meicoomon's Ultimate (Mega) has been revealed, and so has a Jogress for Apollomon and Dianamon called Grace Novamon. Both of these mons make their debut in Digital Monster Ver.20th. Anyone interested in what will happen in tri. Part 5?

In addition to Part 5 of tri. releasing today, the 52nd and final episode of Appmon will release tonight. I hope Haru gets the happy ending he deserves and the story resolves itself. I wonder what will happen to YJ-14 / Yujin? Will he fully reform and become Haru's boyfriend? Will Offmon get his buddy Appli Driver back? We'll find out tonight at 5:30 (in westernmost USA time) if anyone can find a livestream before Saturday arrives. If not, the next best option is at 9:00pm PDT.

As much as I love Appmon, I'm glad the series is about to come to an end, and we have the end of tri. to look forward to. Do you guys think there will be other Digimon Universes besides the standard Adventure-thru-Xros and Appmon? The world may never know.

Hulavuta

YO. Okay.

I was really nervous about this after part 4, which I did consider a slight disappointment. I heard rumors that Toei was cutting their budget and kinda sliding this to the backburner and all that. When the trailer dropped, it looked like shit. Meiko looked like a horrible moe self-insert character (she kinda still is but I've gotten over it). Was really worried that we peaked with part 3 and we were just gonna go downhill from there.

But fuck me if this isn't the best chapter of the entire series so far.

Everything that happened here seemed really natural where the events of the previous one seemed extremely contrived and manufactured. I really don't have many complaints except for the fact that Meiko is sad WAY too much. We didn't need to have three scenes of her being doubtful and sad and everyone reassuring her. I would have hoped that the chapter would end with HER giving the motivational speech and really coming into her own as an active protagonist who makes choices rather than a passive one that just has stuff happen to her. Can't complain too much about Yamato having that role though, since he's The Lancer; taking command would be the natural thing for him to do too. He's also my favorite character, so.

In the next movie I'd like her and Tai to do something together.
I said this back when part 2 came out. I'm glad it finally happened, though back then I thought it would be good because they both felt like they didn't fit in with the group (back when Taichi was having his little PTSD phase). He's over that now, but the moments between them were nice. Seems like they're setting him up to be romantically together with Meiko in the end, from a lot of inserted moments of him reassuring her and holding her hand, etc. Would've been better if they built it up more naturally from the beginning, but oh well.

I am really glad that Tai is coming into his own (again) as leader. Really cool to see him taking charge again, making the speeches, knowing what to do. On the other hand, all of his little observations and theses about growing up make me fucking cry like a bitch every time, ever since part 1. They just bring the nostalgia so hard. Really captures what it's like to grow up in a way that's not too overly poetic. One of the best consistent parts of this whole series.

I also really liked the moments of levity and filler. The spooky stories scene was hilarious. Everyone's faces were great. Also funny that Yamato plucked an air-bass as a nervous habit; I thought that was a funny detail. Same with the scene of everyone calling their parents. Just little things, like Sora pulling Mimi in to comfort her, and Yamato declining to talk to their mom. These were all nice, wordless scenes that characterized them in small, but meaningful, ways. I'm actually glad that Sora has a lot to do in this one because she really didn't in her own movie. Her speech about loneliness being like "a thorn in your heart" was kinda touching when you think of her back in 01 and later allowing herself to fall in love.

Another thing I love is it's so conservative with the action. None of the films ever had more than two action sequences. A lot of them only had one, at the end. So it really earns its climaxes and big moments, rather than shoving a bunch of shit on the screen. I feel like some of that character-building time could be used more effectively, but at least they try it at all. Alphamon showed up at the beginning to set the tone, then disappeared, except for a stinger in part 3. Omegamon disappeared as well. Jesmon appeared in the part 3 stinger and has been built up since the very beginning. Now we finally get to have a big action sequence with all of these insanely powerful Digimon, and it's epic and earned. Omegamon returning is a symbol of Taichi and Yamato's repaired friendship and renewed trust in each other which also culminates in his "sacrifice" for him (let's be real, nobody at all thinks he's dead, especially as he's on the poster for the next part. But I do believe that the kids believe he's dead), not just "hey, let's have a cool strong Digimon fight" even though we get that too.

Jesmon's entrance was also hype as fuck, though I'm surprised with how evenly matched he was against Meicoomon's final form (which I also thought was a very good design in a way that her other forms were not). He's one of my favorite Digimon, and again built up since the beginning basically (though if you didn't know Hackmon's lore already, built up since part 3). I also loved the Tri-Beam attack from Dragon Ball Z, lol...

Daigo also really came into his own as a character in this part. Really cool to see him caring for the kids and all that and bailing them out with the police. I really like him now. We've had adults work with the kids in the past, like in Tamers and Savers. But those were always G-men type characters, who were just "bosses". Daigo is a G-man for sure, but he's also a teacher and has an established emotional relationship with the kids, not just professional. I loved when he told the kids to stay back and went into danger to rescue Taichi himself. In a way, he has his own arc of redemption he's going through, and I love when characters' arcs intertwine like that. On that note, it was cool Hikari's arc kinda intertwined with Meiko's a bit, as I already knew Hikari was going to be shafted in "her" movie.

Finding out Yggdrasil/Homeostasis' plan was really clever too. The Royal Knights are always at their best when they are presented as well-intentioned extremists. They're good people at heart, but they have to do what is necessary. Except for Alphamon, who always subverts them and what he believes is their wrongdoing. I always wondered how this series could possibly reconcile the idea of the Royal Knights with the Digidestined. I think it's very clever that Yggdrasil believes that the Digidestined idea was a failure and is abandoning them in favor of making its own moves via Royal Knights. It really complicates the idea of destiny and the chosen, just like Neo finding out there were 5 other The Ones before him. Of course Alphamon won't stand for that shit though.

Really hyped for the finale. Looks like my hope of the final poster having the 02 kids has been dashed though. Finalbossmon looks pretty hype with those giant Final Fantasy wings. Looks exactly like Zodiark lmao. I really hope they don't introduce a new Jogress of Omegamon and Alphamon, that would be far too cliche.

I suspect the finale will be 5 episodes just like part 3. I'm glad that we pretty much have the final boss setup already, as I would be really disappointed if it didn't have a LOT of time (like at least 20-30 minutes) of seeing what happens to the kids after this and their future. As it stands, I'm pretty excited about this series again though.

Hulavuta

Looks like nobody is really talking about this anymore. To me part 6 was a huge disappointment, I really don't know how a series can start off so strong and end so poorly, haha. So many plot threads left completely unresolved, especially for a 5-part episode. Lots of filler too, they really could've filled that up with plot. I get the sense that maybe the budget was slashed on this or something...? Even reused the ending song from part 5.

Some weird things off the top of my head:

- Whatever happened to Maki? We see that Tapirmon rejects her but like where's the closure to her arc? Is she dead? Did she fucking shoot herself or something? lol. There really seemed to be no anagnorisis or closure for her. Just a few words from Daigo; we never even see her make a real appearance. She was such a fascinating character to me and she just kinda disappeared.

- What happened to Alphamon? He didn't appear even once in this entire thing. What was his motivation? What was he trying to do? I praised the mystery they built around him starting with part 1 but it never really seemed to pay off to anything significant. Not even a mention. Why was he fighting Jesmon? From what I can tell they both seem to be after the same things.

- Don't know what I expected but lol the 02 kids never even get their faces shown. They show up just to be rescued and that's it. They'd be hard to shoehorn in anyway but... it just seems so weird that they were barely even mentioned. I get that everyone hated 02 or something, but isn't that something you fix with better writing (especially in a series that was, at least at first, about growing up) rather than just ignoring? Especially when replacing them with a character like Meiko who is a much weaker character overall.

- Was that Ryo with them? There were 5 kids but only 4 names mentioned. What a strange tease. We didn't see him in part 1 either.

- Never find out what happened with Gennai either; why is he evil? Is that even the real Gennai? And he seriously just teases Daemon and Diaboromon and then disappears? What does that mean? He can control them? Is this all part of some huge conspiracy? They never catch him?

- This is just a nitpick but how in the world did MagnaAngemon get beat by a Devimon lol.

- At the end of the whole thing, I was really shocked how they only had a 5 minute denouement for the entire series. Everything was rushed out as quickly as possible. I mean this is the culmination of what, over 15 years of one continuity? I honestly expected the whole plotline to wrap up in episode 4 and have all 20 minutes of episode 5 be a flash forward. It really ended with a whole lot of nothing.

- On that same note, they kinda continue the teases with Sora and Yamato too, which is weird since this is the final part. They have basically gone all the way with Taichi and Meiko and wasn't the whole point of that to "soften the blow" for people who were upset about this? :pikuh: Just so strange, but that ties into the whole lack of resolution overall. They confirm the 02 ending by reintroducing Yamato wanting to go into space and Sora cutting her hair to what it's like when they're married, but if you hadn't watched 02 you wouldn't even have a clue that they were together.

- Overall, it felt like this was all a setup to a 7th part, or at least some kind of OVA. But as far as I can tell, this is the end. I'd love for them to maybe do mini-movies again like Our War Game, Revenge of Diaboromon, etc. He literally teased Daemon and as far as I know that was never fully resolved.

And I guess that's the main gripe I have. I praised the series near the start because to me it painted such a profound picture of what it was like to grow up, with these characters that we grew up with. The first three parts did that pretty beautifully, I think. And they balanced the action and plot with the character development and coming-of-age story. But then all of that was kind of thrown away for a generic save the world plot, yet again, and just turned the characters into plot tools for action. The writing was so brilliant in places and so uncomfortably off in others. Definitely a very uneven series, I think, and definitely prone to a fanservice mentality.

This definitely got me seriously back into Digimon again though. Hopefully, there is some new content for us to discuss soon. Not sure, because from what I can tell the movies have been less and less successful in Japan with each release. But I don't think I'm ready to be done with the Adventure continuity just yet. Give us those OVAs you teased!

Needless to say, I didn't end this series as big of a fanboy as I was when I started, but regardless it was a real fun journey to take with you all (wow, three years from start to finish!).

I have to say that I was not fond of tri.'s lazy attempt at an ending. Not only did Meicoomon fucking die (for real?) after Ordinemon was killed off, but the true Meicrackmon and Rasielmon did not even appear. I guess the upcoming Demon and Diablomon stories may help tri.'s case.

Appmon's been over for a good half year despite tri. starting before that TV series, but the ending with Yujin supposedly coming back was much more satisfying than this. Because of the excellent way Digimon TV series are handled, I'm looking forward to a new TV series more than this upcoming "tri. plus 02" project.

The official japanese Digimon Adventure Twitter account confirms that something Adventure-related is in the works, and Gennai hints towards trying to find Diablomon and Demon. Nothing was said about Milleniummon, though.

Nothing was confirmed about a new TV series, either. Just some 02 theatrical releases.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To start with, I think the earlier parts were better .-. Like most of the time, what's happening and why is this happening ??? So many things just felt forced for the sake of it, and there was no wrap up. Isn't the point of the last part to properly close things up? Not even talking about the ending yet. The Taichi missing fiasco was just to get the 4 of them back and to kill off what'shisname. And "by mercy of Yggdrasil" was Taichi allowed to live and be sent back to the Real World. Things just don't make sense anymore or don't feel like there's a proper reasoning for anything happening. And then there's Hackmon telling Meiko that their intention lies beyond just the Reboot so like what is it?? And Meicoomon just doesn't get split off just because reasons ??? Like, where is the reasoning behind everything that happened in Part 6?

I wouldn't mind if Part 6 sets up for a possible continuation, but it definitely shouldn't be where nothing of Part 6 makes sense at all. There wasn't much of an emotion for this part either just because of how frustrating or confusing it got with nothing explained or basically just gets forced for whatsoever reason. I like the earlier parts a lot more tbh. There was no proper building or anything of the story line this time just ugh. It felt like throughout the whole part nothing progressed, spent so much time seeing buildings get deleted, people evacuating, digivolve sequence, eating food.... what...?

I definitely don't think this is the way to end a series. No way you can go about a whole part without explaining anything and just expect people to wait for a continuation.

Hulavuta

video with some details too

Looks like there might actually be the new series, or movie. This with them as adults. At 22, it seems there's still a ways to go before we reach the 02 finale again but truth be told, I'm more worried than excited. It has the potential to be good but the writing would need a huge overhaul and be more true to the original vision instead of going the route of fanservice. I wonder what way they'll find to shaft the 02 kids again, lol. This just strikes me again as a more commercial thing, since tri was pretty successful and Appmons wasn't.

If it's a one-off movie to tie up all the loose ends and conclude the Adventure continuity definitively, I'd be happy though. Another full series would seem like overkill. After this I'd like to see them maybe move to Tamers or Savers or any of the other fan-favorite series if they want to revive things, but I guess there isn't as much wide appeal for those.

I appreciate them catching up to my age again though.

let digimon adventure die pls

But seriously, I'd rather have something new like Appmon tried to do. It was nice because Appmon took the self-aware / memeable route, and I was hoping we'd see another type of cybernetic organisms like the Digimon and Appmon. I'll still follow the games and null canon for what they are, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)