Disconnecting in Global Link matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Anyone who's played on Global Link knows how many people there are who turn off their game when they're about to lose. I myself have a 5-0 record with about 20 games that I should've won but didn't because my opponent turned off their game. I'm not sure if Nintendo can actually do anything about this, some people have told me that the game can't tell which player disconnected. Regardless, anyone who frequently plays on Global Link should e-mail Nintendo about this here.

If they can't do anything about it that's quite unfortunate, but I'm sure it would help if they knew how serious the problem was. Maybe they'll get it fixed after Season 1 of Global Link or in the third Gen 5 game, who knows, but take a minute to e-mail to alert them of the problem.

I generally don't mind D/C's under 2 conditions:

1. They don't do it RIGHT when I KO their last poke

2. Uh... Actually, I forgot the second as I was typing the first. I'll edit it in when I remember...

EDIT: I remember what it was. I also hate it when I come into to contact with a string of D/Cer's (2-3 or more).

the only time its alright to discconnect is if they spam double team and then spam an ohko move, people without the brain power to play without uber hax deserve nothing. even then its still rude!

btw i emailed them.

I haven't seen many D/C'ers lately, but I still only play Free cuz I'm scared of Rated matches.. But so far, I've fought maybe 30 D/C'ers out of 150 battles (including the D/C'ers).

EDIT: Just fought against a T-Wave/Sheer Cold/Double Team Regice. I killed it with Starmie and they D/C'ed. Typical.

Its not so much of an issue on ranked mode.
It's not as common but when it happens it's even worse, because (if I understand the mechanics correctly) if the opponent DCs AFTER the match while the records are loading onto the internet, it counts as a DC and you get no points, even though the match was done.

This reminds me of LostMagic. Decently fun online play that was ruined by the fact that half the players would just kill their connection when they were losing, thus preserving their ranking.

If it DCs at a time when your winning then they should give you a win, this could mean that people could really abuse this though to stamp out any comeback
But yeah they should be able to tell who turned off their DS, but I dont think they will be able to tell if they pull the plug off their router (no-one is that extreme)

I've had a few DC's against me, I never DC, I'm not a sore loser, if I'm losing or I'm just having a bad day I'll run. Hell you'd think people wouldn't DC on Free battles because it's not rated and you can't see their number of losses so I don't get the deal.

I remember one time I had just my Scolipede left in a doubles battle and I was about to win because I managed to get a swords dance up and was going to sweep the rest of his team with Earthquake then suddenly DC... I think Nintendo should've just put in a function to where if it DC's a COM takes over till the battle ends.

I've had a few DC's against me, I never DC, I'm not a sore loser, if I'm losing or I'm just having a bad day I'll run. Hell you'd think people wouldn't DC on Free battles because it's not rated and you can't see their number of losses so I don't get the deal.

I remember one time I had just my Scolipede left in a doubles battle and I was about to win because I managed to get a swords dance up and was going to sweep the rest of his team with Earthquake then suddenly DC... I think Nintendo should've just put in a function to where if it DC's a COM takes over till the battle ends.
That's a decent idea, but I'm not sure how it'd be implemented..

Also, the only good thing about the other person D/C'ing is when I learn that my Pokemon counters another (Like Switcheroo Manectric beats up Power Split Shuckle, no matter how long it takes to kill it with like only an ~80 SpA stat)

They should be able to tell who DC first, and whoever DC first should get the loss
Yeah Mario Kart DS did that. If you DCed you earned a loss and the other person got a win. But in that... if you lost connection by moving out of range of the wifi you EARNED wins. It was such a random thing and it was exploited to no end. XD

But yeah there needs to be a DC penalty. Its just awful how pathetic people are in the fact that they cannot accept a loss.

That's a decent idea, but I'm not sure how it'd be implemented..
Super Smash Bros. Brawl does that. If a person quits during a random match their character is instantly taken control of a CPU. You can barely even tell the person left until the match ends and its revealed that they left.

I'd imagine it'd be even easier to implement in a turn-based game.

The amount of cheap tactics and DCing is quite high on the wifi but what can you expect? I thought it would be fun but after about 8 games in a row that I had clearly won and they dc'd, I figured it was not worth my time anymore. I prefer playing with rules so I will stick to PO and wifi with my friends.

Yeah Mario Kart DS did that. If you DCed you earned a loss and the other person got a win. But in that... if you lost connection by moving out of range of the wifi you EARNED wins. It was such a random thing and it was exploited to no end. XD

But yeah there needs to be a DC penalty. Its just awful how pathetic people are in the fact that they cannot accept a loss.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl does that. If a person quits during a random match their character is instantly taken control of a CPU. You can barely even tell the person left until the match ends and its revealed that they left.

I'd imagine it'd be even easier to implement in a turn-based game.
Actually for SSBB, it always says "The connection with the other players has been lost" when someone leaves

dont D/C on rated matches guys, nintendo will ban or like reset frequest d/cer's rating so its just not worth it, if your gonna lose, just forfeit, no one sees your losses on your trainer card anyway, just your wins

dont D/C on rated matches guys, nintendo will ban or like reset frequest d/cer's rating so its just not worth it, if your gonna lose, just forfeit, no one sees your losses on your trainer card anyway, just your wins
I'm pretty sure that nobody here D/C's (hopefully)

Also, I got so close to a win with my Rain team (No SwSw'ers mind you), but what stopped me from getting a win was a BulkyGyara that lived CB Azumarill's Aqua Jets with like 2 HP left, then used Rest.. It made me mad, sure, but I just hoped for a crit (which prob wouldn't have helped, since AJ was doing about 10% to it), but I just ran when he had 70% HP left and I only had 25 HP :L

I can imagine anyone else in my position would've D/C'ed though

most of my games end with ragequit, even in free mode.
That's really boring,I hope they fix that soon.
At least, I hope they'll take DC's into account somewhere

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah most matches end up in a d/c. im sure they wont leave it as it is, unless of course theres nothing that can be done.

Actually for SSBB, it always says "The connection with the other players has been lost" when someone leaves
No that happens in friend matches or if YOU were the one who DCed. The official site even points this feature out. Believe me it exists and is totally possible to implement in pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)