Walrus do u like older music von (A Walrus) - Won by Morgan

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
13th
6.2 Points
Martin

Danger! High Voltage - Electric Six

This must have been in a movie, because it's been stuck in my head for years and I had never heard this song all the way through. So thank you for that. It's not an amazing song or anything, but obviously it's catchy enough.

It should be noted that Martin originally submitted You Know My Name for this category and would have received 9 points. He chose to change the song to avoid overlap on his own.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
5th
7.9 Points
Morgan

Can You Feel the Sunshine? - TJ Davis

"Can I justify loving heavily flawed sonic music with shitty lyrics after all I've said about Crush 40?" "Yeah, because Crush 40 is shit." This is the kind of person who is currently first in my walrus.

Sonic R music would actually work really well as early 90s pop music. There's a massive amount of energy to this song. It's just that it's not a pop song, it's made for a video game to be played on loop, and you can feel the problems with its structure as a result. Still, that chorus is absolutely amazing.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
27th
2 Points
Eagle4 & Yeti

Green Light - Lorde

Oh Lorde, two Lorde subs within 30 minutes of each other. Am I being trolled? Serious question.

The piano is fine. It's super basic pop stuff. I could play it by ear. Then it gets drowned out in the mess that is the chorus. Also it's in a Lorde song.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
26th
4 Points
atomicllamas

Lies - Marina and the Diamonds

There's a critic who said that white girl and piano is the equivalent to white guy and acoustic guitar... lazy as hell. This is at least true in the 2010s. I like piano, as can be seen from the scores here on out, but this just isn't trying very hard at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)