Doubles OU Roles Compendium

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
I've left this resource dependent on VR because it provides an easy, clearly defined boundary for what can be included and what can't. If I leave Mega Latias there, do I add Mega Ampharos to TR Attackers? What about Mega Camerupt? There's plenty of options that are decent enough to consider on a few very specific teams, but I don't want to suggest something as a building block for a team if it is not deemed generally viable.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
I've left this resource dependent on VR because it provides an easy, clearly defined boundary for what can be included and what can't. If I leave Mega Latias there, do I add Mega Ampharos to TR Attackers? What about Mega Camerupt? There's plenty of options that are decent enough to consider on a few very specific teams, but I don't want to suggest something as a building block for a team if it is not deemed generally viable.
Ampharos, yes
Camerupt, yes
Just put them in shaky

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
The question was rhetorical. The point is you can continue to say "well that's only slightly less viable that x other thing that's on here" until I'm adding Krokorok to Intimidate users. I'm not planning on changing the system right now unless lots of people have problems with it.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
How about a section of set-up sweepers in non-essential. Maybe like this? idc about individual mon's classifications that much.

Solid:
Azumarill
Mega Kanga
Volcarona
Gyarados
Char X
Cresselia

Shaky:
Talonflame
Sylveon
Tyranitar
Serperior
Manaphy

talkingtree

large if factual
I think that was initially going to be included, but we ended up tossing out that category. "Setup Sweeper" isn't really a role, since you don't go looking for a specific setup sweeper to help your team. Everything else on this list could be seen as something that you might be missing, whereas setup sweepers are usually the starting point. This distinction is rather small though, so if people want me to add it I can.

EDIT: I've been overruled, I'll add that this weekend sometime!

EDIT2: Done!

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
I added mentions of Volcanion, as well as shifting Mega Garde around to reflect its new tiering. Let me know if you think Volcanion should be added somewhere, I don't have much experience using it yet!

Any chip damage and it loses to Venusaur. It also loses to Zard Y + Venu, and Zard doesn't even have to use Solarbeam and risk it switching out.
252+ SpA Life Orb Venusaur Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Volcanion: 255-302 (70 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.
88+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Overheat vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Volcanion in Sun: 100-118 (27.4 - 32.4%) -- 68.7% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

talkingtree

large if factual
Updated everything with the most recent VR shifts, also added Volcanion to Shaky Sun Checks due to Stone Edge sets finding their way into the meta

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
I don't really think Kyurem-B should be in Solid Diancie checks due to it being weak to both of Diancie's STAB moves and it is also slower than Diancie which means it can't outspeed and kill it unless it is Scarfed. Choice Scarf Kyurem-B is the only the set that doesn't lose 1v1 to Diancie as even if Kyurem can live a hit, Earth Power doesn't KO.
252+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Diancie: 188-222 (78 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

talkingtree

large if factual
I have it as the last Pokemon in solid checks for Scarf Iron Head sets, which are engineered specifically to beat Mega Diancie. Was debating moving it to Shaky since it can't switch in, but I'm not really sure what to do with it tbh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)