Doubles Teambuilding Shop V2 (DOU, DUU, DUbers building open)

so what i get from you is that you'd like a venusun squad. both squads look a bit bulky, altho they hold pokemon i do not personnaly find optimal.

here is a sun team that i made a super long while ago, but still find good:

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat

Venusaur @ Wide Lens
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpA / 120 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Protect
- Thunderbolt

CatDog (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower

so basically a plain sun team. charizard is timid against what most people would go with (they like either modest, or bulky charizard, meanwhile i like to actually hit something before being hit). my venusaur runs wide lens, but most people like life orb. venusaur hits 220 speed with this spread, giving it 440 speed under sun, outspeeding deoxys attack, and i dont think faster things (jolly landorus, etc..) are worth ev-ing for. rotom wash is somewhat the glue of the team, and mostly its direct heatran answer, plus a levitator. it also aleviates the kangaskahn match up with its burns, and fills in for charizard when landorus comes in. terrakion here is your other heatran check, kind of talonflame check, and taunt user because trick room sucks plus its also fast. aegislash is a bulky steel type, which helps when trick room does end up being set, almost directly counters kangaskhan, provides wide guard from rock slide, and is generally a solid pokemon to have. landorus therian is the final pokemon, with some slight bulkyness in order for slower u turns, which i like the momentum they generate, and kind of a heatran, but mostly talonflame check. it's brought me great sucess and is one of my most used teams.
Wow I'll try to get this team and I'll test it. Thanks so much bro! If I know about other team options let me know it :)

I'm not exactly the greatest at building...but here goes my request anyway. I'd prefer to have a bulky, sustainable tank that has Follow Me access alongside an offensive mon.

Tier: Double OU
Core (Can be edited): Follow Me + Sweeper
Playstyle (Can be edited): Bulky Offense preferably

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
We can definitely do that, but that core has a lot of different options so I want to give you the chance to be more specific. The Roles Compendium has sections towards the bottom about Redirection Support and Setup Attackers, so check those out and feel free to edit your post with any Pokemon that you would prefer we use, or any that you'd prefer were left out.

I'm not exactly the greatest at building...but here goes my request anyway. I'd prefer to have a bulky, sustainable tank that has Follow Me access alongside an offensive mon.

Tier: Double OU
Core (Can be edited): Follow Me + Sweeper
Playstyle (Can be edited): Bulky Offense preferably
i second talkingtree on this one. the options to build with here are way too wide. example: amoonguss+volcarona ; jirachi+azumarill ; azumarill+amoonguss ; charizard-x+clefable and so on..

i recomend you browse through the link talkingtree gave you, or perhaps the doubles viability rankings and put a sweeper and a redirector, or at least the sweeper of your choice for us to build. also feel free to ask around in the doubles ou room for help :)

Hi, I would like to request a team based around Scrafty if that's possible. I don't know what moves and stats it should have so if possible could you decide those? Thank you.

Hi there, I know it's quite crazy but I'd like to request a team around Dragon Dance Mega Tyranitar. I don't care about it being is a sand team or not, Ttar spread or any other thing related to the team. The request is already really specific and hard to build around so the rest is up to you. Of course the tier is DOU. I know Mega Ttar hardly can work in the tier, so I'd like the team to be as serious as possible to get the best results possible. If there are any problems with the request, let me know so that I can change whatever it is

Thanks in advance :)

We can definitely do that, but that core has a lot of different options so I want to give you the chance to be more specific. The Roles Compendium has sections towards the bottom about Redirection Support and Setup Attackers, so check those out and feel free to edit your post with any Pokemon that you would prefer we use, or any that you'd prefer were left out.
Well, thanks talkingtree...I'll compile a list in this reply of pokemon I want for the follow me and the setup attacker and vice versa xD (Btw I'm only including ones that have that Solid: thing...)

Pokemon Redirection Support that I like:
Amoonguss, Togekiss <--- (This one preferably, but if you find something better...just say), Clefable

Pokemon Redirection Support that I'm not a huge fan of:
Volcarona, Jirachi

Setup Attackers that I like:
Mega Charizard X, Mega Kangaskan <--- (This would be sweet, but if you find something better...just say), Gyarados, Volcarona

Setup Attackers that I'm not a huge fan of:
Azumarill, Manaphy, Cresselia

I guess, you guys take it from there xD

Well, thanks talkingtree...I'll compile a list in this reply of pokemon I want for the follow me and the setup attacker and vice versa xD (Btw I'm only including ones that have that Solid: thing...)

Pokemon Redirection Support that I like:
Amoonguss, Togekiss <--- (This one preferably, but if you find something better...just say), Clefable

Pokemon Redirection Support that I'm not a huge fan of:
Volcarona, Jirachi

Setup Attackers that I like:
Mega Charizard X, Mega Kangaskan <--- (This would be sweet, but if you find something better...just say), Gyarados, Volcarona

Setup Attackers that I'm not a huge fan of:
Azumarill, Manaphy, Cresselia

I guess, you guys take it from there xD
This hasn't been put in the unclaimed request's section?

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
awfulpokemontrainer

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Return
- Fake Out

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Follow Me
- Air Slash
- Tailwind
- Encore

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 200 HP / 160 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Volcanion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 168 HP / 96 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Togekiss + Kang is a pretty solid duo that covers each others' weaknesses well, with Kang being generally fantastic and Togekiss taking on Fighting-types and Amoonguss, redirecting, and providing speed control in the form of Tailwind for Kang. Speaking of generally fantastic, Choice Scarf Lando-T seemed like a solid next choice with something to EQ next to, taking on opposing Kang, providing Intimidate support, and beating Mega Diancie which is the biggest threat to the original core. Kyurem-B patches up some weaknesses to Thundurus and Rain teams and also gives the team another wincon, which you said you liked. At this point, the team had weaknesses to Blizzard/Icy Wind, Rock Slide, Muddy Water, and Hyper Voice, so a Wide Guard user in Aegislash seemed like a solid choice. This also improves the pretty bad Jirachi matchup and gives further assurances against Mega Diancie. Finally, I needed something that could take on Jirachi + Azu, not fold to either form of weather, and take on Aegislash. Volcanion does all of those things, so it became the last.

As for sets, I stayed mostly towards standard stuff for items / moves because although I really like mixing it up, I honestly think it's the best option on this team. Mega Kang is analysis standard, Scrappy for pre-Mega because Gengar (Mega and Non-Mega) is a bit annoying to this team. Togekiss lives a LO Bisharp Iron Head, outspeeds Adamant Scarf Lando-T under Tailwind, and dumps in SpD. Encore > HH or Roost because it's great in Tailwind and offers setup opportunities for Kang + Kyu-B, especially after a Protect following the Fake Out from Kang. I chose Sitrus Berry > Safety Goggles as the item because the extra health helps it be a lot more useful and it scares out Breloom / Amoonguss anyway, as they often assume Safety Goggles and get hit really hard by Air Slash. Landorus-T is max/max to win ties, Deo-A / opposing scarfers weren't too worrying so I stuck with Adamant, standard moves. Kyu-B is Sub to make it a wincon, went for a bit of a bulkier variant because I needed it to stick around. The EVs outspeed Breloom and Volcanion, ensure that its Sub can live AV Ludicolo's Ice Beam so that you can aim for Hydro Pump misses in the rain and sub on anything outside of it. The rest in placed in SpA, it doesn't really miss out on anything from a potential power drop. Went Safety Goggles on Aegislash to cover for Togekiss' not having it, the fact that this is a bit unexpected can help gain free turns. Max/Max is simple but it works. Finally, Volcanion has enough Speed to outrun standard Jirachi, and Scarfers up to Jolly Lando-T under Tailwind. Since its bulk is fantastic I didn't want to go max SpA, so I just gave it enough to 2HKO Mega Kang with Steam Eruption and dumped the rest in HP.

A few potential changes, and why I didn't go that route:
- Bulkier Mega Kang: Makes it a more solid wincon, though this leaves it weaker without the boost. 80 HP / 172 Atk / 16 SpD / 240 Spe Adamant would be my recommendation if you choose this, it lives +2 Aegislash Flash Cannon and standard Scarf Lando-T Superpower, outspeeds Modest Hydreigon, and dumps in Atk.
- Safety Goggles > Sitrus Berry on Togekiss: Lets Togekiss redirect Spore/Sleep Powder and target its choice of mon, but takes away from its bulk significantly, and loses the surprise factor of the Goggles user. If you make this change, I'd give Aegislash Weakness Policy > Safety Goggles and 84 Speed Modest > 0 Speed Quiet. Two Safety Goggles users is redundant so Aegislash can take advantage of its solid defensive stats and become a powerful attacker with Weakness Policy, the boosted speed is so that it can use those boosts more effectively if Tailwind is up, outspeeding Offensive Thundurus and below.
- Faster Kyurem-B: Hitting 310 Speed is pretty fantastic and lets it match up well against Modest Hydreigon and non-Scarf Lando-T, but this leaves it weaker and frailer and in this case I think it should serve more as a wincon. If you do go this route, 52 HP / 232 SpA / 224 Spe Timid hits that speed benchmark and ensures Scarf Rotom-W can't break Subs with Hydro Pump.
- Bulkier Aegislash: 80 SpD to live two Mega Diancie or Kyurem-B Earth Powers could be interesting to allow Aegis to switch in on both and retaliate with Flash Cannon, but this leaves it a bit weaker and the benchmark will rarely come into play.
- Something else on Volcanion: This is the most flexible member of the team imo. You could try out Stone Edge > Sludge Bomb to take on Zard Y better, edit the spread pretty much any way you want, use Earth Power > Sludge Bomb to beat opposing Volcanion more thoroughly, and even play around with different items. However, in my testing, the variant listed was the best for the team.

I hope you enjoy!

So I'm not an official builder but not like anyone was actually building these teams and Talkingtree asked me to help build some of the last few requests before SM comes out friday so I built one.
CMG

Here's what I came up with for DD mega tar. The offensive core that I thought of was Mega TTar and Specs Sylveon because the two of them pressure a lot of eachothers would be checks. Rock Slide, Crunch and Pixivoice have pretty awesome neutral coverage and there aren't many highly ranked mons that can switch into that combo of attacks. Then I added Jirachi because both of these pokemon can appreciate that redirection. Zapdos provides Tailwind, a way to punish Fake Out and U-turn with Helmet and Static as well as an array of, albeit weaker, coverage options. Scarf Lando provides a secondary speed control vs faster teams and a late game win con other than Ttar thats less reliant on redirection and positioning. Last mon is 3 atk volcanion but I went with lefties for the added survivability and the team already had a sleep check in Jirachi but that would be an option if you get overly frustrated by Amoonguss. Cool team imo, had some success in test matches and the ladder but go ahead and give it a try.
Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 116 Def / 140 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Protect

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Hyper Beam

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 116 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Follow Me
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Hidden Power [Ice]

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Volcanion @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Protect

talkingtree

large if factual
Triple posting because I want everyone involved to get the notification (jk miltankmilk sniped me), since SuMo is coming out in two days I figure everyone with outstanding requests deserves at least some sort of team. No promises on these being my best work, but I actually had a bit of fun with these. I'm going to keep the descriptions a bit shorter because I have lots of teams to get through, but if any of you have additional questions to my process then let me know. Apologies to those of you who had to wait a while.

HMSesthetic

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Snarl
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Gyarados @ Choice Band
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Double-Edge
- Ice Fang

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Tailwind
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
- Sucker Punch

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play

Started out with the requested Raikou set, added SubTran and Band Gyara as you had mentioned because that seemed like an interesting trio. Latios provides Tailwind support and opens up a moveslot on Raikou to run Volt Switch. Mega Kang loves Tailwind, helps Tran set Sub, and improves the TR matchup. Amoonguss rounds the team out with redirection and more assurances against various threats.

Gyarados outspeeds Heatran, so if both are out and Gyarados knocks out a foe, Heatran's Heat Wave will lose the spread reduction. Amoonguss has Foul Play to improve the matchup against Aegislash which is really shaky, the spread lives Timid Mega Garde Psychic. Mostly standard sets and spreads here, so not much else to say.

The Cheesen One

Lugia @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 Spe
Impish Nature
- Tailwind
- Sky Drop
- Skill Swap
- Whirlwind

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- Protect

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 240 HP / 48 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Origin Pulse
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Red Card
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Grass Knot
- Foul Play

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
Careful Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Wide Guard
- Feint

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 56 SpA / 92 SpD / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Stone Edge
- Earth Power
- Recover

Lugia + Mega Ray was the starting core, took some advice from Yellow Paint on moves for Lugia because I don't have a lot of DUbers experience. As he noted, Water Spout POgre goes well with those two, so that was the next selection. Amoonguss and Hitmontop support the two main damage dealers further, taking on TR/opposing Ogre/Xern/Kang/EKiller between the two of them. Finally, opposing Mega Ray, Mega Mence, and Ho-Oh seemed like issues to me, so I added this somewhat strange Arceus-Fairy set.

Lugia outspeeds Adamant Mega Kang / Modest Xern / Timid Primals with the rest in phys def. POgre lives +2 252+ Xern Dazzling Gleam, outspeeds +1 Mega Ray under Tailwind, dumps in SpA. Amoonguss lives two full health POgre Water Spouts and has a Red Card to handle Xern, s/o to n10sit for that idea. Hitmontop lives 2 -1 Mega Kang Returns, dump in SpD. Arceus outspeeds Adamant Kang / Modest Xern, KOes Mega Ray after LO Recoil, lives +1 LO Mega Ray Dragon Ascent, and dumps in SpD.

CMG in case you wanted another option, I actually went ahead and built one too because I had this idea of DD TTar + SD Talon and I couldn't get it out of my head.

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Protect

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Gastrodon-East @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 212 HP / 188 Def / 80 SpA / 28 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 4 SpA / 72 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Atk / 48 SpD
Careful Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Wide Guard
- Feint

Not going too far into this because you're getting two teams for the price of one, but also because there's not too much to say. DD Mega TTar + SD Talon, as I said. Jirachi provides redirection, Gastrodon handles the bad Water-type and Rain weakness, Thund does speed control and beats Water types less passively, Hitmontop is there for Intimidate, Wide Guard, Feint, and Mega Kang defeater.

idontknow786

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 40 Def / 240 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 208 Atk / 44 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 3 Spe
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 132 SpA / 28 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Protect

You haven't logged in since you made your request, but I had this Ice Punch Mega Meta / Lum Flamethrower Volcarona / Scrafty core lying around that I couldn't figure out how to finish so this inspired me to do so. Ice Punch Mega Metagross takes advantage of non-Scarf Landorus-T, OHKOing them even at -1. Volcarona likes Lando-T gone, and this set has Bug Buzz to take on Hydreigon, one of Mega Metagross' biggest enemies when it's not running Hammer Arm. Scrafty provides Fake Out to ease setup, Intimidate to help Volcarona, and bulk/Stone Edge to take on Zard Y. Washtom eases the Waters matchup, with TWave mostly to fish for full paras if I'm being honest. It also provides a check to Talonflame, which walks all over the first three mons. Scarf Lando-T makes it easier to shuffle Intimidate which is huge for Volcarona, acts as a fastmon for the team, and is generally too solid to pass up here. Finally, Hydreigon gives the team a second Water-resist and Fire-resist, beats TR, and takes on Volcanion as well as removing Jirachi even when it is next to a +6 Azu.

Sets are mostly pretty standard, but a couple notes. Washtom has a bit more SpA than usual to KO 252 HP Azumarill after it uses Belly Drum. Volcarona lives -1 Landorus-T Rock Slide, which is pretty nifty and easy to come by with two Intimidate users. Mega Metagross lives LO Bisharp Sucker Punch, which is pretty big for a team with dual Intimidate. Watch out for Milotic when using this team.

Monsoon you haven't logged in for months and the request is pretty difficult to build around, but if you still want the team, then let me know and I'll try to throw something together.

awfulpokemontrainer

Adamant Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Return
- Fake Out

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Follow Me
- Air Slash
- Tailwind
- Encore

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 200 HP / 160 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Volcanion @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 168 HP / 96 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Togekiss + Kang is a pretty solid duo that covers each others' weaknesses well, with Kang being generally fantastic and Togekiss taking on Fighting-types and Amoonguss, redirecting, and providing speed control in the form of Tailwind for Kang. Speaking of generally fantastic, Choice Scarf Lando-T seemed like a solid next choice with something to EQ next to, taking on opposing Kang, providing Intimidate support, and beating Mega Diancie which is the biggest threat to the original core. Kyurem-B patches up some weaknesses to Thundurus and Rain teams and also gives the team another wincon, which you said you liked. At this point, the team had weaknesses to Blizzard/Icy Wind, Rock Slide, Muddy Water, and Hyper Voice, so a Wide Guard user in Aegislash seemed like a solid choice. This also improves the pretty bad Jirachi matchup and gives further assurances against Mega Diancie. Finally, I needed something that could take on Jirachi + Azu, not fold to either form of weather, and take on Aegislash. Volcanion does all of those things, so it became the last.

As for sets, I stayed mostly towards standard stuff for items / moves because although I really like mixing it up, I honestly think it's the best option on this team. Mega Kang is analysis standard, Scrappy for pre-Mega because Gengar (Mega and Non-Mega) is a bit annoying to this team. Togekiss lives a LO Bisharp Iron Head, outspeeds Adamant Scarf Lando-T under Tailwind, and dumps in SpD. Encore > HH or Roost because it's great in Tailwind and offers setup opportunities for Kang + Kyu-B, especially after a Protect following the Fake Out from Kang. I chose Sitrus Berry > Safety Goggles as the item because the extra health helps it be a lot more useful and it scares out Breloom / Amoonguss anyway, as they often assume Safety Goggles and get hit really hard by Air Slash. Landorus-T is max/max to win ties, Deo-A / opposing scarfers weren't too worrying so I stuck with Adamant, standard moves. Kyu-B is Sub to make it a wincon, went for a bit of a bulkier variant because I needed it to stick around. The EVs outspeed Breloom and Volcanion, ensure that its Sub can live AV Ludicolo's Ice Beam so that you can aim for Hydro Pump misses in the rain and sub on anything outside of it. The rest in placed in SpA, it doesn't really miss out on anything from a potential power drop. Went Safety Goggles on Aegislash to cover for Togekiss' not having it, the fact that this is a bit unexpected can help gain free turns. Max/Max is simple but it works. Finally, Volcanion has enough Speed to outrun standard Jirachi, and Scarfers up to Jolly Lando-T under Tailwind. Since its bulk is fantastic I didn't want to go max SpA, so I just gave it enough to 2HKO Mega Kang with Steam Eruption and dumped the rest in HP.

A few potential changes, and why I didn't go that route:
- Bulkier Mega Kang: Makes it a more solid wincon, though this leaves it weaker without the boost. 80 HP / 172 Atk / 16 SpD / 240 Spe Adamant would be my recommendation if you choose this, it lives +2 Aegislash Flash Cannon and standard Scarf Lando-T Superpower, outspeeds Modest Hydreigon, and dumps in Atk.
- Safety Goggles > Sitrus Berry on Togekiss: Lets Togekiss redirect Spore/Sleep Powder and target its choice of mon, but takes away from its bulk significantly, and loses the surprise factor of the Goggles user. If you make this change, I'd give Aegislash Weakness Policy > Safety Goggles and 84 Speed Modest > 0 Speed Quiet. Two Safety Goggles users is redundant so Aegislash can take advantage of its solid defensive stats and become a powerful attacker with Weakness Policy, the boosted speed is so that it can use those boosts more effectively if Tailwind is up, outspeeding Offensive Thundurus and below.
- Faster Kyurem-B: Hitting 310 Speed is pretty fantastic and lets it match up well against Modest Hydreigon and non-Scarf Lando-T, but this leaves it weaker and frailer and in this case I think it should serve more as a wincon. If you do go this route, 52 HP / 232 SpA / 224 Spe Timid hits that speed benchmark and ensures Scarf Rotom-W can't break Subs with Hydro Pump.
- Bulkier Aegislash: 80 SpD to live two Mega Diancie or Kyurem-B Earth Powers could be interesting to allow Aegis to switch in on both and retaliate with Flash Cannon, but this leaves it a bit weaker and the benchmark will rarely come into play.
- Something else on Volcanion: This is the most flexible member of the team imo. You could try out Stone Edge > Sludge Bomb to take on Zard Y better, edit the spread pretty much any way you want, use Earth Power > Sludge Bomb to beat opposing Volcanion more thoroughly, and even play around with different items. However, in my testing, the variant listed was the best for the team.

I hope you enjoy!
Thanks dude, it seems really...really awesome but I must admit...slightly disappointed gmail didn't alert me to you making me a team...

I know this sounds rather "unprofessional" but I'd love to see what kind of team you could come up with that has both Mega Charizard Y, Bisharp and Scizor. I feel that despite the iffy defensive synergy they share (nonetheless min. two steel mons being accompanied by a Sun setter), it can make for a strong offensive trinity especially towards Fairy-type Pokemon and whatnot -- considering Gen 7 Doubles might be heavy Fairy oriented as well.
Mega Charizard Y in its regular Doubles glory, bringing the pain with sun-boosted Heat Waves.
Bisharp a good lead to start the match with, especially when the opponent has Intimidate users on the team.
Scizor has been in my experience a potent late game cleaner, but of course I am open for alternate suggestions if it makes Scizor fit in more with the other two.

How could they flow well together, or rather as much as possible? And which three mons could be used to back the team up? Many thanks in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)