DPP, BW, XY and ORAS Team Dump by Rowan. added: SUMO TEAMS ON POST #6

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello! If you have been active in Little Cup for the past 8 years (have I really had a Smogon account this long!?!?!) you've probably heard of me. I'm kind of a big deal around here ;). Anyway, over the course of being active for this long, I have made a shitload of Little Cup teams, and I feel this thread is a way to record some of my favourites in that time. So this will incorporate a load of teams from DPP-now

DPP
During DPP, I was active in Little Cup till about Misdreavus got banned, when I went inactive again, and my forum name was 'steelwing' at this time. I wasn't really a known player at this time, and I was just kind of okay, and hung around on DJD's shoddy battle CAP server playing LC ladder (which had about 10 users so peaking was kind of easy... even though I never peaked cos I wasn't actually that good). Anyway, I'm not amazing at DPP, but it's a really fun and refreshing metagame to play every now and then. The fun thing is most sweepers are viable and can destroy teams because of the lack of eviolite, so you can use some underrated mons to really good success. Unfortunately I don't have any of the teams I built when I was active because they were all on shoddybattle and fuck knows how to find them again.

This team is based on my first ever LC RMT (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lc-team.62176/#post-2250556). I remember looking at the little cup forums and reading a post about how immunities can be really importantt in DPP LC since they can give free switches in a metagame where switching usually causes you to take massive damage because everything is so frail. So I think my team building process was put a load of Pokemon which had immunities on a team, including a few set-up sweepers, add Onix as a lead because for some reason I always used lead Onix in DPP. Anyway the team now has: Gastly>Misdreavus for obvious reasons; Croagunk>Aron because the team is otherwise quite Fighting and Water weak, and it's just generally good glue mon with it's priority; and Bronzor>Onix as well to help with Gligar. Bronzor can set up Rain Dance for Mantyke as well.

Bronzor @ Oran Berry
Ability: Levitate
Level: 5
EVs: 220 HP / 8 Atk / 152 Def / 4 SpA / 68 SpD / 12 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Rain Dance

Munchlax @ Oran Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD
Impish Nature
- Ice Punch
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Gastly @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 Atk / 200 SpA / 200 Spe
Naive Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Explosion

Mantyke @ Oran Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 200 SpA / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Croagunk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 188 Atk / 188 SpA / 116 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Vacuum Wave
- Ice Punch

Gligar @ Oran Berry
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail

This next team was built more recently during an LCPL (I can't remember which one.) Rock Polish Aron was always my favourite sweeper in DPP LC, because I love Aron and Head Smash was so fun. I also remember being really proud of thinking up Magnet Rise Aron so that Gligar can't revenge you as easily. This team supports Aron with Wynaut, which removes Croagunk and Machop, and Houndour which removes Scarf Gastly. Chinchou is a secondary sweeper to set up on Water-types which often take out Houndour or Aron. Scarf Psyduck is there as a revenge to Gligar, and also to sun teams which completely wreck me otherwise.

Machop @ Oran Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 76 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Ice Punch
- Payback
- Bullet Punch

Houndour @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 196 Atk / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 76 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit

Aron @ Oran Berry
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Magnet Rise

Wynaut @ Oran Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 76 HP / 132 Def / 212 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Destiny Bond

Chinchou @ Oran Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 Def / 228 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Psyduck @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 24 Atk / 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Cross Chop
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Black and White
So I wasn't active during the early stages of Black and White, and started becoming active again at 'stage 5' which was before Gligar, Murkrow and Misdreavus all got unbanned. Again most of these earlier teams were on Pokemon Online and I don't know how to find them again. Many of my B&W teams are outdated due to the retrospective bannings of Murkrow and Scraggy, but I'll share a couple.

Okay, this team is the reason Scraggy was right to be banned. It is quite possibly the best team I've ever used in any generation of LC, in that it just won so reliably. I never really shared it because I just kept winning with it, and wanted to carry on doing so. I rememer in LCPL 2, I went 0-3 in BWLC before I just decided to use this team in all my games and went on to go 3-3 or 4-3. Anyway what you did was, you set up Swords Dance with Mienfoo, Baton Passed to Scraggy, set up to +3, +1 and swept. Murkrow and Scarf Drilbur are other nice receivers, which have potential to wreck teams. Bulky Tirtouga and Foongus formed just a glue defensive core.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Atk / 196 Def / 36 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute / Taunt
- Baton Pass
- Drain Punch

Scraggy @ Eviolite
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 236 Atk / 56 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Zen Headbutt

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 20 Def / 20 SpD / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute
- Roost

Drilbur @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
- Rapid Spin

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpA / 76 SpD / 76 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog

Tirtouga @ Eviolite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 164 HP / 28 Atk / 12 Def / 16 SpA / 212 SpD / 20 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Rock Slide
- Aqua Jet

Any Teamdump in gen 5 has to have a sand team right? There aren't many variations in sand so most teams look very similar, but this was always my favourite combination. Every Sand team had to have a Snover-remover and my favourite was Wynaut because it got rid of Scarf Snover so reliably. I think these days Eviolite Snover is a lot more popular than it was during generation 5 so it's a lot less effective now; I've been completely destroyed by SD Snover whilst using this team in recent times. Natu was always one of my favourite additions to Sand teams because Shroomish was a popular choice to deal with Drilbur. Natu just completely shut it down, as well as shutting down Ferroseed and Foongus. I always preferred Lileep as a Rocker as opposed to Hippopotas as Lileep could just come in on Staryu and Drilbur and reset them, whilst Hippo couldn't do that as easily. This frees up Rock Slide or Toxic Hippopotas. I used HP Rock on Lileep over Ancientpower so Murkrow would never pp stall me out with Roost. I guess Ancientpower is better now? Or maybe a lure Hidden Power idk.

Wynaut @ Oran Berry
EVs: 132 Def / 212 SpD / 92 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 212 Def / 100 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic / Rock Slide
- Whirlwind

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Natu @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 200 HP / 80 Def / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Feather Dance
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Roost
- U-turn

Lileep @ Eviolite
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 228 HP / 144 Def / 28 SpA / 64 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Def / 236 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn

I made an RMT of this team so I won't talk about it too much. I just wanted to include it since I feel when I built it it was kind of a turning point for me, from when I went from an above-average LC guy who knew the meta to a competent teambuilder and player. It was a really solid team back in the day, and at the time it made use of some unexpected sets like Life Orb Sub Misdreavus to lure out Porygon and Murkrow, as well as Ice Punch Timburr. I was always proud of this team due to it being a perfect example of a balance team, as well as using not standard sets and EVs. Here's a replay of it beating blarajan in the LC Open 2: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oriserver-lc-50444. Fun fact: blarajan's record vs me in gen5 LC is similar to my record vs GOAO in gen6 lc (very bad).

Shellder @ Eviolite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Atk / 36 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

Misdreavus @ Life Orb
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Magnemite @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Def / 160 SpA / 76 SpD / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 164 HP / 188 Def / 148 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes

Frillish @ Eviolite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Surf
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Payback
- Mach Punch

Pre-ORAS
So since I was around for all of generation 6 I have lots of teams from all the metagames. I'm gonna share some Pre-ORAS ones now, which includes several banned Pokemon. Now that gen 6 is over, pre-ORAS teams have no use besides showing them off! Which is what I'm going to do!

TangMa Team: This team is really good, and one of the most reliable teams I have used if your opponent doesn't have Swirlix! Just get your opponent to agree to a gentleman's agreement not to bring Swirlix, and you're fine. Anyway, the concept is simple. Just keep momentum on your side with 5/6 mons being Volt Switch. Diglett is sash so it can switch into stuff like non-scarf Chinchou and kill them. Gligar's Defog is the most reliable way to remove hazards LC has ever seen, so keeping sash intact isn't an issue. Defog is also important for Yanma+Fletchling as well. Fletchling is so good in this meta, since it revenges Tangela and Yanma. Yanma+Gligar+Fletchling also make an amazing BirdSpam core since most Flying-type switch-ins can't handle all of them at once, particularly when you take into account that all 3 can U-turn into Diglett. Here's a replay of me beating GOAO for once: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-366740442

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Gligar @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Defog
- U-turn

Yanma @ Berry Juice
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- U-turn

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 196 Atk / 252 Def / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Roost

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Diglett @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Memento
- Stealth Rock

I made this team as a joke, and then it just went round destroying the ladder. Most people had checks to Belly Drum Swirlix, so what I'd do was weaken those checks, and then sweep with the others, usually zigzagoon. But many checks to BD swirlix were stuff like SashBra and SturdyJuice things which only work 1 time. It was a fun team anyway.

Swirlix @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 212 Atk / 68 Def / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Return
- Thief

Magby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 236 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Belly Drum
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch

Zigzagoon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 132 HP / 196 Atk / 28 Def / 108 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Seed Bomb
- Thief

Poliwag @ Berry Juice
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Return
- Hypnosis

Pancham @ Eviolite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 140 HP / 100 Atk / 100 Def / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Parting Shot
- Circle Throw
- Storm Throw
- Stone Edge

Wynaut @ Berry Juice
EVs: 76 HP / 132 Def / 212 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Destiny Bond
- Encore

Moving past TangMa to Medikrow meta. One of my favourite metagames. This team is a Hazard stack team with Dwebble which I built to face CatcherintheRai in SPL 5. I knew Catcher would struggle vs hazard stack and I was right. It's also the team which started SunnyBeam Ponyta which used to be a good set at one point. It had the standard Hazards+DefiantPawn+Spinblocker Missy which just destroyed teams in this metagame. Here's the SPL replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-lc-1608

Dwebble @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off

Meditite @ Eviolite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 196 Atk / 156 Def / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Poison Jab
- Fake Out

Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Brick Break

Misdreavus @ Berry Juice
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 236 Def / 76 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Sunny Day
- Morning Sun

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
EVs: 52 Def / 232 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Heal Bell

Another SPL team, this one I built to face dcae. I did make an RMT of this one so if you want more detail about it look there. Like my Shellder team in BW, it used the combination of smasher+Misdreavus to wear down similar counters, this time Omanyte. It was made in the Medikrow era but still functioned well long after that till Misdreavus got banned. Also I don't care what anyone says this was the first team to use 17 Speed HP Fight Cottonee. SPL replay vs dcae: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-lc-3148

HELIX (Omanyte) @ Eviolite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 76 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Cottonee @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 40 Def / 144 SpA / 40 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Giga Drain
- Memento

Misdreavus @ Berry Juice
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Timburr @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 76 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Mach Punch

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
EVs: 52 Def / 232 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Okay the final MediKrow team actually has a Murkrow this time! This used the infamous SubThief set to wear down Birdcounters, allowing Taillow to come in with Specs Boomburst. Everyone thought Specs was better than Life Orb at this point in time, but no-one can remember why. It also used other things to fuck over Flying-checks. Chinchou ran Toxic, which was one of my favourite filler moves on Chinchou for the entirety of last generation. This allowed it the team to wear down Porygon easier, which birdspam occasionally struggles with. I still had a massive boner for Sunnybeam Ponyta at this point, but this team didn't like giving Chinchou too many free switch-ins, and it also helped to beat rock-types for the birds. Scarf Misdreavus has always been one of my favourite glue-mons in any metagame where Misdreavus is allowed. It allows you to revenge Misdreavus and Scraggy, and Trick also pisses off bulkier Pokemon which helps massively for Murkrow and Taillow. Unfortunately this team was made too close to the Murkrow ban to get enough use out of it. Here's the only replay I can find of me using the team vs FLCL: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lcsuspecttest-101906810. It highlights the way the birdchecks just got worn down for a eventual Taillow sweep.

Taillow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 40 Def / 200 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Air Slash
- U-turn

Murkrow @ Berry Juice
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpA / 188 Spe
Naive Nature
- Substitute
- Brave Bird
- Thief
- Heat Wave

Drilbur @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Ponyta @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Def / 76 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Morning Sun

Misdreavus @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

ORAS
Moving on to ORAS. I have loads of teams in ORAS so some I'll discuss a lot, maybe more I'll just dump.

First off we have a disgusting Torchic pass team. This was cool because it used Chespin as a receiver which usually worked pretty well, and could switch into foongus and gastly and stuff which the team was weak to. Spritzee was also a good receiver of defense boosts from Curse, and with CM worked really well. It was made with apt-get, and is one of the best torchic pass teams I've used

Torchic @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Atk / 196 Def / 36 SpD / 76 Spe
Impish Nature
- Flame Charge
- Protect
- Curse
- Baton Pass

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 76 Atk / 156 Def / 36 SpD / 76 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Chespin @ Eviolite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 68 HP / 28 Atk / 76 Def / 156 SpD / 132 Spe
Careful Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Rock Slide
- Synthesis
- Drain Punch

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
EVs: 52 Def / 232 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Heal Bell

I went through a phase of really loving Bulky Offense teams, and this was one of them. I made it to fight Hawkstar in LCPL one time. I lost the game though. Munchlax+Snubbull is a core which I still really love now, because they are a traditional Physical+Special wall combo, but they also dish out so much damage with their attack stats.

Munchlax @ Berry Juice
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch
- Whirlwind
- Recycle

Ponyta @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 Atk / 236 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Archen @ Eviolite
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 100 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thief
- Heal Bell

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

This team was a really solid team durin the metagame it was made. It was based around Bulk Up Timburr and Calm Mind Spritzee sweeping, and utilised Numel whose defensive set I ended up making pretty popular. Chespin is used again, and just seems to glue the team together, checking stuff like Gastly, Bellsprout and Foongus. It was made with a few people from Aipom Army in an LCPL, including @zoroarkforever and a couple of others but I can't remember who. Sorry guys :( I used it vs Sken in that LCPL though: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-206973573

Timburr @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Numel @ Eviolite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpA / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

Spritzee @ Eviolite
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Protect

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Recycle

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Chespin @ Eviolite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 68 HP / 108 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SpD / 132 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Synthesis

This team was a great ORAS team, which again uses Bulk Up Timburr. Then with Skrelp, everytime Spritzee comes in to wall you, you have a powerful wallbreaker to use. Or, if they had Foongus you had a max attack Vullaby to wallbreak. Them 3 Pokemon together is one of my favourite cores.

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost

Timburr @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 196 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball

Drilbur @ Berry Juice
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Atk / 76 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

This team was based around Life Orb Diglett, as an end game sweeper. Snivy lured Flying-types in with HP Ice, and formed a really good core with Diglett as Diglett removed the poisons, steels and fires for Snivy. The rest just form a kind of standard balanced core. Fire Punch Snubbull is cool for luring Ferroseeds, whilst Chinchou+Mienfoo give a way to get Diglett into battle.

Diglett @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Memento
- Substitute

Snivy @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Fire Punch
- Thief
- Heal Bell

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- U-turn

A Carvanha team! With Gothita! The 2 went really well together, with Gothita trapping Timburr, Gunk and Ferroseed for Carvanha. Gothita's set was designed to be able to switch into Timburr and put it into an easy KO range for Carvanha. It also meant it could switch into Croagunk with ease as well. FerroSpritz core is designed to get spikes up. 3 layers of spikes means Goth can OHKO Timburr and means Carvanha can OHKO a knocked off Mienfoo. Facade Foo is because Ponyta would destroy the team otherwise. This means Mienfoo can actually check Ponyta. Yes, it's a good move on Mienfoo!

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet
- Protect

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 164 HP / 188 Def / 148 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Bullet Seed
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave

Spritzee @ Eviolite
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast

Gothita @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 240 SpA
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Facade
- U-turn

Archen @ Eviolite
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Roost

This team highlights one of my favourite sets to use: 4 attacks Pancham. The trick is revealing Zen Headbutt early. Then fairies will assume you're not running Gunk Shot, since Pancham usually only runs 3 attacks, and then you can bop them with Gunk Shot. If you do reveal Gunk Shot first then they assume Foongus is a safe switch in. That's what makes it a perfect partner to Scraggy! Vullaby+Pawniard helps with Darkspam, and Chinchou checks Ponyta, Snubbull checks the fighters, and can TWave because the team is kinda slow.

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost

Pancham @ Eviolite
EVs: 60 HP / 180 Atk / 100 Def / 52 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Gunk Shot

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Heal Bell

Scraggy @ Eviolite
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thief
- Thunder Wave

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

I made this team right at the end of ORAS when Shellder was all the rage. Cottonee cos Cottonee goes with Smashers obviously. What I like about this team is Swords Dance Drilbur. It really helps wear down Shellders checks in the same way that my Misdreavus+Smasher teams do. It can just help break through bulkier mons like Porygon. Again Facade Foo because the team is Ponyta weak.
Shellder @ Eviolite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

Cottonee @ Eviolite
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Encore
- Dazzling Gleam
- Stun Spore

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost

Drilbur @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Facade
- U-turn

SUMO

coming soon/eventually/probably

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
you probably already know how I feel about most of those teams, but I wanted to post anyone to congratulate you on writing lengthy descriptions for each and every one.

Great teams, especially those BW(2) ones. It still feels weird to me to see the words "Murkrow" and "banned" in the same sentence...

can't forget about this one either, although it's based on a dead meta

This team is based on my first ever LC RMT (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lc-team.62176/#post-2250556). I remember looking at the little cup forums and reading a post about how immunities can be really importantt in DPP LC since they can give free switches in a metagame where switching usually causes you to take massive damage because everything is so frail. So I think my team building process was put a load of Pokemon which had immunities on a team, including a few set-up sweepers, add Onix as a lead because for some reason I always used lead Onix in DPP. Anyway the team now has: Gastly>Misdreavus for obvious reasons; Croagunk>Aron because the team is otherwise quite Fighting and Water weak, and it's just generally good glue mon with it's priority; and Bronzor>Onix as well to help with Gligar. Bronzor can set up Rain Dance for Mantyke as well.

Bronzor @ Oran Berry
EVs: 220 HP / 8 Atk / 152 Def / 4 SpA / 68 SpD / 12 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Rain Dance

Munchlax @ Oran Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD
Impish Nature
- Ice Punch
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Gastly @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 Atk / 200 SpA / 200 Spe
Naive Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Explosion

Mantyke @ Oran Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 200 SpA / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Croagunk @ Life Orb
EVs: 188 Atk / 188 SpA / 116 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Vacuum Wave
- Ice Punch

Gligar @ Oran Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
is this the team i smashed heysup w/ or did that one have onix. regardless good squads fam.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
SUMO TEAMS HERE:

Amaura @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 60 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpA / 12 SpD / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock

Sandshrew-Alola @ Eviolite
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Vullaby @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 44 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpA / 156 SpD / 76 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog

Staryu @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Def / 116 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard / Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Timburr @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

This is my team based around Hailshrew, which I really like. Amaura as the hail setter because it was the only way I could fit in rocks. Snowshrew is a really nice set up sweeper once Timburr/Croagunk are gone and with its bulk with evio it's actually really easy to set up SD. Foongus covers the fighters and bulky waters. Vullaby gives a secondary fighting check and knock off support. Staryu covers fires and spins - Blizzard is a fun move, but tbh you're more weak to opposing Staryu than Grass-types, so tbolt is an option. Blizzard is okay if you really want to spin past pumpkaboo, but tbh Pumpking just gives Amaura a free switch in so it's not necessary to remove. Timburr works well as a secondary sweeper once Sandshrew can weaken the opposing team, also provides Knock Off support.

Vullaby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 76 Def / 236 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave

Dwebble @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 76 Atk / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Rock Blast

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 36 Def / 4 SpA / 236 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Staryu @ Eviolite
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Timburr @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

The team is really standard tbh, checks most of the threats in the meta, has hazard stack+pumpkaboo core. SD Pawniard is a cool wallbreaker and also lures fighters in so Vullaby can set up. Staryu is just spin, and timburr is just a glue mon checking stuff with mach punch and shit like that.

Taillow @ Flame Orb
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- U-turn

Diglett @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Grimer-Alola @ Eviolite
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 196 HP / 116 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Fire Blast

Cottonee @ Eviolite
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain

Staryu @ Eviolite
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

A team based around U-turn scarfoo and Taillow which can go straight to Diglett. Grimer-A, Cottonee, and Staryu is just trying to check the rest of the meta in like 3 mons. Grimer can pursuit for Mienfoo. tbh, this team has very little defensive presence so you have to play very offensively with double switches to keep momentum on your side. For example, if you have Cottonee out and you predict their Foongus to switch in, double to Taillow because once Taillow is in, it's really powerful, and not much can take repeated hits, and there's always the mind game of U-turning to Diglett, which can force your opponent to play suboptimally. Guts Facade is a similar to power to LO Doduo's Brave Bird, it's just that taillow doesn't have the coverage that Doduo has - but it makes up for this with U-turn which makes it a better Dig partner in my opinion.

Vulpix-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 52 HP / 200 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry

Omanyte @ Eviolite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 76 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Croagunk @ Berry Juice
EVs: 52 HP / 116 Def / 188 SpA / 36 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 160 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Heal Bell

Vullaby @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave

Sandshrew @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 156 Def / 36 SpD / 116 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

My version of Aurora Veil team. I feel like NP Vullaby and SS Omanyte are extremely scary behind screens so I chose them to start with. Being able to set up with ease and then not being particularly worried about Priority moves such as Timburr's Mach Punch is great. NP Gunk is another great sweeper in screens - it was initially BU Timburr, but Croagunk provided me with a fighting resist, so I didn't have to rely on Vullaby so much. Sandshrew is kanto, because Rocks+Spin, it's also my only decent Onix switch in and it provides me with a secondary check to Gunk. Chinchou is just a kind of glue, can use volt switch to get in Vulpix-A safely, and a secondary Flying-check. Tbh the team is kinda weak to Ground-types like Diglett, but just try to get screens up and you're alright

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 76 Atk / 196 Def / 36 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick

Diglett @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Kabuto @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 116 Atk / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Elekid @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Vital Spirit
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]

I wanted to make a team which really took advantage of Diglett, so I paired it with the best U-turn mons in the metagame, Vullaby and Mienfoo. Vullaby U-turning can easily trap Rock+Steel types, whilst Mienfoo U-turning can trap Fire-types and Cottonee. It can also trap Snubbull with Sludge Bomb if it's about 75% health and no eviolite - this takes 3 U-turns from Mienfoo to get it into KO range. Once these mons are removed, Mienfoo and Vullaby can be really threatening with their powerful STAB moves, and the fact they're so easy to switch into battle. Those 3 mons are such an amazing core. Foongus remedies the Spritzee+Snubbull weakness that comes from using those 3 mons. I initially had Chinchou for Heal Bell>Kabuto, but Rocks+Spin is better than a cleric. Elekid glues the team together giving me a check to smashers, and sun. I only realised after I made it, Zorodark used a similar team in SPL with doduo>vullaby.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)