Media DRAGON BALL SUPER

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
Frieza is very despicable indeed, but that's why I love his character, It would have been a huge disapointment if he'd decided to become a good guy ugh.

The very next episode is gonna be incredible , I really hope they put everything they have into that fight, something Goku and Trunks vs Zamasus-like would be nice as hell. HYPE

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Don't get the point when frost himself was fodder to frieza so the whole "earn his trust then backstab" doesn't really do shit when it was unnecessary.

Right now all I'm feeling is this is arguably the worst arc in the entirety of dragon ball since despite having the highest stakes as a whole, there is the least amount of tension. There is not a single person in any other universe that seems remotely like a threat to goku/vegetA which is why it's very hard for me to take the arc seriously. If you have literal fodder putting in work, it's very hard to think universe 7 can even lose. Like goku/vegeta has been sandbagging the entirety of the tour and thus were never threatened.

hell the latest trailer was "can goku overcome the random sailor moon thot" but you're not meant to take it seriously because base goku is already fucking her up and that's to say nothing of ssj if not higher lol.

And before people bring up the whole frieza is a threat, he honestly isn't. We already know goku > frieza since if ssb goku can tie with frieza then ssb kaio Ken obviously stomps, and trailers have shown that super Saiyan white is coming so ???????. If I already think ssb is going to fuck up anyone and everything then super Saipan white needless to say lowers the stakes even further.

Haruno

Before anyone brings up jiren, he also is not a threat. He is as strong as the god of destruction of a/e universe he's from but beerus canonically can handle a 1v7 against every other god of destruction that is participating in the tournament of power kinda makes that feat less impressive. So there is a significant power gap between beerus and w/e god of destruction jiren fought to a standstill, so yeah. All we've seen jiren do is fodder off people that we never perceived as threats (the water dude + kale).

Right now all I'm feeling is this is arguably the worst arc in the entirety of dragon ball since despite having the highest stakes as a whole, there is the least amount of tension.
Future Trunks arc was the worst arc in Super because it ruined the Androids arc. Something can be bland but if something is bad enough that it destroys previous episodes of the series then that is much worse. (Principle Skinner Season 8 in Simpsons) I can still find redemption in a series that I find to be kind of boring. It's the fact that they made a change to the ending to the best arc in Z that makes me wish this series didn't exist.

Before anyone brings up jiren, he also is not a threat. He is as strong as the god of destruction of a/e universe he's from but beerus canonically can handle a 1v7 against every other god of destruction that is participating in the tournament of power kinda makes that feat less impressive. So there is a significant power gap between beerus and w/e god of destruction jiren fought to a standstill, so yeah. All we've seen jiren do is fodder off people that we never perceived as threats (the water dude + kale).
Adding Gods was a terrible direction imo. They've carried every arc and has saved Goku's ass all the time to conclude an arc, there just isn't any tension knowing that there is someone able to stop them if Goku fucks up.

Haruno

Future Trunks arc was the worst arc in Super because it ruined the Androids arc. Something can be bland but if something is bad enough that it destroys previous episodes of the series then that is much worse. (Principle Skinner Season 8 in Simpsons) I can still find redemption in a series that I find to be kind of boring. It's the fact that they made a change to the ending to the best arc in Z that makes me wish this series didn't exist.

Adding Gods was a terrible direction imo. They've carried every arc and has saved Goku's ass all the time to conclude an arc, there just isn't any tension knowing that there is someone able to stop them if Goku fucks up.
Future trunks arc at least had fans dying for more and the stakes were definitely up there up till the dumb reveal of goku black being zamasu from a different timeline. Up until then I felt it was fine, since it had good moments before then. This just has no good moments overall man.

Can't carry his ass this arc but then again he needs no carrying so meh. Gods will probably be powercrept by super saiyan white in a few episodes or so.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Yeah, I agree that the Multiverse Tournament has been pretty bad so far, for a variety of reasons which I will run down at some point, but let's focus on what's going on right now.

This episode was stupid. First of all, Limit Breaker, Super Saiyan White, Mastery of Movement, whatever the hell you wanna call it was wasted. All this hype for a 3 minute fight that ended with Goku's transformation running out in a cheap way to extend the plot. Also, Jiren is retardedly powerful, and not in a good way either. How the fuck can one man stand up to the combined energies of Goku, Vegeta, Krillin, Master Roshi, Tien, Frieza and Androids 17 and 18? Even in Dragon Ball, you can only push the viewer's suspension of disbelief so far.

So yeah. Not too good. At least that weird pink blob got blasted by Vegeta. Highlight of the arc tbh.

Next episode is just gonna be Hit getting body-bagged by Jiren. Woohoo! Fun! Kappa.

Edit: Actually, upon re-watching, the Goku V.S. Jiren fight is decent, actually. The ending is still BS though.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I agree that the Multiverse Tournament has been pretty bad so far, for a variety of reasons which I will run down at some point, but let's focus on what's going on right now.

This episode was stupid. First of all, Limit Breaker, Super Saiyan White, Mastery of Movement, whatever the hell you wanna call it was wasted. All this hype for a 3 minute fight that ended with Goku's transformation running out in a cheap way to extend the plot. Also, Jiren is retardedly powerful, and not in a good way either. How the fuck can one man stand up to the combined energies of Goku, Vegeta, Krillin, Master Roshi, Tien, Frieza and Androids 17 and 18? Even in Dragon Ball, you can only push the viewer's suspension of disbelief so far.

So yeah. Not too good. At least that weird pink blob got blasted by Vegeta. Highlight of the arc tbh.

Next episode is just gonna be Hit getting body-bagged by Jiren. Woohoo! Fun! Kappa.

Edit: Actually, upon re-watching, the Goku V.S. Jiren fight is decent, actually. The ending is still BS though.
where did u watch it ;_; live or on a streaming website?

Haruno

Rewatching it.......... It was really pretty to say the least. The fight itself was still kinda shitty tbh. Pride trooper gang up was pointless. The whole first episode was kinda uh wasted and why the fuck was time wasted with the thot???????????????????? It's really hard to make me feel invested when none of it mattered since the whole "need to sandbag to get a feel for my opp" was pretty nonsensible. Spirit bomb also felt kinda useless tbh since it was just 17 + 18 (logic would dictate infinite energy = infinite but I digress) and frieza which didn't feel like enough to win against jiren anyways. Second episode was where shit really hit the fan, animation became pretty good and should be the normal standard. It was still hard to feel any stakes since knowing about the time limit (shonen just begs climax to be in the end/near the end) but SSW goku going even with vanilla jiren is kinda uh ?____? The fight itself seemed cool to watch but in the end we just conclude that SSW is still fodder to jiren since vanilla jiren was pretty much going even the whole time and only at the end did he show even the slightest bit of aura apparently which honestly makes even less sense than jiren being fodder for SSB but w/e. At least this 2 part series managed to bring the tension up by showing that jiren is pretty much invincible.

RIP HIT. Frieza's going to give goku his energy but probably make it self destruct or some shit later on. Expecting gogeta to be canon since otherwise jiren isn't losing. Unsure how to feel overall tbh. There needs to be another asspull to make jiren a threat and idfk how they're going to make the tournament of power last another 24 minutes so uh wut.

Holy fuck did they seriously waste the power up?

I'm glad I wasn't hyped for this form, holy shit why does Super keep on making the most useless power ups wtf.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Holy fuck did they seriously waste the power up?

I'm glad I wasn't hyped for this form, holy shit why does Super keep on making the most useless power ups wtf.
I mean how is it a waste exactly? They just introduced a new form. Every form so far required goku to get used to it first, and this is the first time we see this form. remember when ssj3 was introduced?

I mean how is it a waste exactly? They just introduced a new form. Every form so far required goku to get used to it first, and this is the first time we see this form. remember when ssj3 was introduced?
SSj3 is the only time where a form wasn't getting a win upon transformation, (I think Goku won as SSj2 in a filler episode) and to be honest that's kind of the most useless form in the series. (It looked cool, though in hindsight it didn't really do much.)

If they bring back this form instead of some God or some random thing unrelated to the transformation carrying him then it won't be a waste, but given how they treated Vegito I doubt they'll do that.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
SSj3 is the only time where a form wasn't getting a win upon transformation, (I think Goku won as SSj2 in a filler episode) and to be honest that's kind of the most useless form in the series. (It looked cool, though in hindsight it didn't really do much.)

If they bring back this form instead of some God or some random thing unrelated to the transformation carrying him then it won't be a waste, but given how they treated Vegito I doubt they'lldo that.
I think it's gonna come back in a few episodes according to leaks. Then again, I don't follow leaks due to spoilers, but I saw this in a Youtube comment, so... Maybe?

Unrelated, but I'm glad someone finally agrees with my stance on ssj3. I really do not understand why people wanted ssj3 Vegeta when DBS was in the BoG arc. The form is weaker than SSG and SSB, and consumes more stamina. It seems like they're gonna kill it off, judging by when Goku was scrolling through all his forms when fighting Jiren, and didn't use SSJ3 at all (He even used SSJ2 briefly, which I also think is useless at this point).

Haruno

Goku will need another power up lol since ultra instinct was just enough to handle base jiren.... which shows that the gap is still enormous because jiren didn’t even release his Ki till the very end

jrp

Banned deucer.
Goku will need another power up lol since ultra instinct was just enough to handle base jiren.... which shows that the gap is still enormous because jiren didn’t even release his Ki till the very end

Saiyan's have this nifty ability that lets them powerscale to about where the current villain is or above, that's realistically not a problem

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's the saiyan blood trait or whatever to come back stronger after going to a near-death state. Ultra puts Goku into a near-death state so when he recovers (from Freeza energy or whatever), he'll be at a base level which will be able to handle going Ultra.

aVocado

@ Everstone
It's the saiyan blood trait or whatever to come back stronger after going to a near-death state. Ultra puts Goku into a near-death state so when he recovers (from Freeza energy or whatever), he'll be at a base level which will be able to handle going Ultra.
That's the zenkai boost, it hasn't been relevant since the namek saga for reasons we don't really know, but its a common belief that zenkai boost hasn't been a thing because the saiyans got too powerful to where it doesn't matter anymore, or its a very slight boost in power that could be ignored

Ultra instinct is strong cuz its a new form that gives goku access to a technique not many GoDs mastered yet (i believe?)

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That's the zenkai boost, it hasn't been relevant since the namek saga for reasons we don't really know, but its a common belief that zenkai boost hasn't been a thing because the saiyans got too powerful to where it doesn't matter anymore, or its a very slight boost in power that could be ignored

Ultra instinct is strong cuz its a new form that gives goku access to a technique not many GoDs mastered yet (i believe?)
Did you miss Cell's zenkai?

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
oh no hit got knocked out aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Next episode looks cool, hope Cabba gets a cool moment or two with Vegeta

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
This is quite the sad ending for our beloved Hit, at least he was able to give his best to try and defeat Jiren, even he was able to stand against him, which is pretty impressive and shows how powerful he is, but yeah, Jiren is overly buffed lol. Also, although many fans might disagree with Hit's departure, I kinda feel this was a right thing to do, we all were expecting Goku, Hit, and Jiren to last until the very end, but as we all saw during Black Goku's arc, Toriyama had the costume of contradicting the majority of the fan-base's theories and predictions. I'm quite thrilled by this tournament's outcome, I'm still wondering what are those angels plotting :thinking:

Last edited:
"Jiren is so strong he's able to break time itself!"

Man remember when gimmicks were saved for gag characters and the entirety of Z was just blowing shit up and getting overpowered rather than a bunch of stupid abilities that require bs explanations to beat through? Like I get that brute strength technically broke through OP ability but jesus its explanation is super duper bad, feels like I'm watching Bleach.

Dragonball Super is literally any generic modern shonen, and like any modern shonen it's pretty much really boring.

The problem I see with Jiren is that he's flatter than a pancake as a character - his whole 'depth' is just "I'm so strong even a God of Destruction can't beat me" and that makes him one of the least interesting villains in all of Dragon Ball.

I'm possibly forgetting someone in the way, but we'd have to go all the way back to Nappa to find a villain with such little characterization.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)