Media DRAGON BALL SUPER

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just want to say this episode put me firmly in the "get rekt Zamasu, forever" camp. Thought the ep was going to be all peace and roses and it wasn't, which was actually much, much better after the kind of botched Vegito reveal. A very fitting end.

Also, based on the preview of the next ep I would bet significant coin that all this meddling with the Dragon Balls is going to come back to bite everyone in the rear end, the Dragon Balls getting used too much was the entire launching point of GT and I would very much like it if they paid some homage to that.

Either way, loved this arc. Looking forward to more.

Worst arc in Dragon Ball history that had potential to be one of the best. They made the whole arc about saving the future for a better tomorrow, and the past episode was an insanely fast retcon that causes a ton of confusion and plotholes (like how the old kai is a permanent fusion without any side effects?) with tons of things that made zero sense just to cause hype, only for their goal, to protect the future, to FAIL AND THE VILLAIN TO WIN.

This series actually has ruined parts of the series that for almost my entire life I assumed to be big parts of character and huge parts of the story, and the fact that Zamasu wins and the future is actually no more is fucking depressing that all the turmoil Trunks went through (in Z it was way more respectable because he actually trained and didn't get powerups out of his ass) was for fucking nothing, and now it's just "oh the gods are going to take care of everything." Fuck this shitty series.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Disagree, that a villain achieved what he set out to do and the heroes failed is refreshing to see in a series that many have considered predictable in the past. Loved the arc, loved the fight, loved the final episode.

Then they could've acted like Trunks actually managed to fail at what gives him purpose in life and that they completely 100% FUCKED UP and Zamasu was able to eradicate the entire earth population. They tried to make this a "bittersweet" ending when in reality this was a really really shitty ending and the fact that they tried to make this ending sound good is what pissed me the fuck off.

I personally like the bad ending the saga had.

During the whole arc I was like "You know, even though they are up against a competent enemy whose power never stops growing and an immortal god, they are going to win, they are going to find out Goku Black had not targeted Namek yet (or try to find a way to recreate the Super Dragon Balls), and they are going to fix as much damage as they can, because in Dragon Ball, the villain never gets what he wanted", and then this episode happens. It surprised me.

I still think Merged Zamasu was wasted with that low screentime he had, however.

If there is one thing that disappointed me in this last episode, was the lack of interaction between Pilaf, Shu and Future Mai.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To me, the final result is not as bad as all the bad writing that lead up to it. This arc had some of the most interesting story and content of any dbz arc, but it also had some of the sloppiest and most terrible.

What happens if you take a shitty ending and shit on it? You get Episode 67 of Super. This arc was literally everything wrong with fanfiction.

Also am I the only one feeling like a deja vu? Probably because I read Bleach till the end. Guess I can drop Super...again. And in case somebody here read Bleach until the end, it was confirmed that Kubo was actually planning this ending from the very start.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I love how talking to Trunks, Goku's all like "You should be strong enough now to handle any enemies that come your way." when, you know, even a fighter as strong as a regular Super Saiyan 1 is usually like a once in a millenia occurance for the universe, and of COURSE Trunks would be the strongest being in his life time if not for the need of the plot to throw plot at him/them.

Trunks character was ruined, this story could've been tragic if a lot of people ended up dying and Trunks having to pull a final explosion to truly stop ZAMASU and save the future while the remaining humans are given some screen time and you can get the feeling that Trunks' sacrifice meant something and that the humans will be able to save the world, but instead because of fanservice over plot and character they decided to Trunks to just leave with everyone else with the entire planet destroyed and for Trunks to have one sad scene but in reality Trunks should've gone in a mental breakdown and be mad that the Gods had to "fix" the future even though the future is all blown up...

so uh for discussion in the downtime between arcs, which universe do you think GT took place in?
I don't think GT takes place in an alternative universe but in a timeline where the ending of DBZ wasn't fucked up.

Thinking of alternative timelines, since apparently Bills is responsible for creating a split timeline, doesn't that mean that him killing Black will create another split timeline where Zamasu or Black wasn't killed?

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Who is nitpicking here? There are serious flaws in this episode that pretty much hurt the entire plot. Yes, the fights were great, even the one with Trunks and Zamasu, but should I just give it a pass just because of few good looking scenes?
If I were to watch a Magical Girl anime, yes, that would have been a satisfying ending. But Dragon Ball Super isn't a Magical Girl anime, or is it?

Gohan wasn't considered a fighter and the reason he gets so powerful is a unique character trait exclusive to him. He was the only character in the entire series that has this insane power stored inside him that not even Elder Guru could fully awaken. The only time Gohan got access to a portion of his immense power was when he was enraged and full access after Elder Kaioshin awakened it. He was the only character that got stronger when he was angry until BoG came out.
Both Trunks and Goten didn't have those traits. Yes, Trunks and Goten from the Buu Saga are prodogies since they are able to turn SSJ just because and could reach SSJ3 as Gotenks within a few weeks, Future Trunks had nothing specificly indicating that he could unlock an immense power without training. The entire android saga should be more than enough supporting my argument.

According to Zamasu (who is Black), he is the Zamasu that got killed by Bills and not Future Zamasu... That explains why the actual Future Zamasu is alive. But that bring up a whole other questions that don't make sense.
Just want to put this here: he died in the past but the ring lets him live in the future. Time travel with this arc is fucked but (or as I see it):
Zamsu wishes himself into goku - zamsu is killed
Due to the ring future (of that universe) zamsu (who is black) does not fade away
Black (who is zamsu) travels to another universe where he is still alive.
Continue story

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What happens if you take a shitty ending and shit on it? You get Episode 67 of Super. This arc was literally everything wrong with fanfiction.

Also am I the only one feeling like a deja vu? Probably because I read Bleach till the end. Guess I can drop Super...again. And in case somebody here read Bleach until the end, it was confirmed that Kubo was actually planning this ending from the very start.
I don't believe this, give me a source

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've been keeping up with the series weekly through the good and bad since it aired. I had mixed feelings about the end of the arc, too, but I think I've come around to it after some thought.

The Vegito ending was heavily foreshadowed both in the appearance of both Supreme Kai, Zamasu's own fusion, and episode 65's own fucking preview. When it actually came time for the fusion to happen... it was just rushed. Vegita uncharacteristically gave in quickly, the flashing lights and fusion ended quickly, and Vegito's introduction was just there. The whole pacing for the Zamasu vs. Vegito fight was so rushed that, looking back, I think it's obvious that this was meant to be a sucker punch in terms of how the fight was going to end. The Final Kamehameha was executed and, because Vegito abandoned his ki preservation in an attempt to finish the battle, it surprisingly ends up messing up their chances of winning not just for the present Zamasu fight, but for the one after Zamasu's infinite power is forced to abandon its physical form and take on a new objective. Trunks ending the battle is fitting and, in theory, this whole thing should have flowed really well and concluded nicely.

Unfortunately, I think it kinda fell flat from the perspective of the animation and art direction. The emphasis on animation during the Vegito v Zamasu fight is obvious, but other than that I can't help but feel they really dropped the ball here again. I'll give an example in the form of the final blow from Trunks' Spirit Bomb Sword

You aren't seen something like Cell being overwhelmed by the ferocity of a finishing Kamehameha and his body being literally obliterated into nothing. You aren't seen something like Kid Buu struggling desperately to make that final push and overcome Goku's last remaining hope in the Super Spirit Bomb only to fail and be similarly obliterated. No, instead, Super goes with the controversial move of having Trunks stand motionless with his blade, the most important part of the fight, out of frame as Zamasu's death takes up maybe a little more than half of the screen with really little to no pushback since he had kicked down Vegita and Goku. Also, it baffles me that they wanted to end the episode with this exact frame --

They choose to show this Zamasu form's defeat in the most stunningly disappointing fashion possible. To me, it felt as if Trunks battling Mecha Frieza, a fight that's animation direction was tailored specifically to show off how strong Trunks was in comparison to Mecha Frieza, was more of a hassle than Trunks vs Zamasu. You saw Trunks' explosive power in the final attack on Mecha Frieza, easily reducing him to nothing. Here, you get a clean cut and awkward holding of poses. If you're going to introduce stuff in an episode that many viewers would consider world-shattering events (potaro rules being affected, trunks being inexplicably stronger than what you'd expect, and spirit sword stuff) then you cannot just disappoint by showing direction like this. Fans will be far more inclined to just leave the series and write off plot points as lazy if the art direction isn't executed perfectly.

For what it started out as, Super has shown an astonishing rise in quality and I'm excited for more episodes. The ending was a little off-putting, but the ride with Zamasu was extremely enjoyable, built the world even more, showcased character growth (Vegita changing his battle stance in the final battle against Black to incorporate Whis's suggestion of loosening up was a really nice touch), and it had a genuinely interesting and engaging ride up until those final moments. A lot of the battles really showed a level of quality I could say rivaled, if not beat out, a lot of the best moments in Z. They just have a few more edges they need to buff out.

Just want to put this here: he died in the past but the ring lets him live in the future. Time travel with this arc is fucked but (or as I see it):
Zamsu wishes himself into goku - zamsu is killed
Due to the ring future (of that universe) zamsu (who is black) does not fade away
Black (who is zamsu) travels to another universe where he is still alive.
Continue story
If we now put together what had been said in Episode 67, that Bills killing Zamasu created a split timeline where he wasn't killed and additionally created another time ring... Now I am confused even more. Will Bills now create an endless loop of time rings while Whis has to consistently seal all the immortal Zamasu?

I don't believe this, give me a source
Here you go:
http://tenshiscave.tumblr.com/post/153300055417/kubo-tite-bleach-twitter
http://www.otakuvines.org/2016/11/bleach-creator-tite-kubo.html

Maybe I should have posted it into the Bleach Forum first

Chou Toshio

Over9000
If anyone is interested, it looks like the Manga will be piecing this story together in a much more coherent way. At least, it looks like they will figure out how to side-step a bunch of the idiotic bs time conflicts that the anime had.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So as I've said before, Dragonball Super is a show that has quite a few good ideas that loses its way because of a lack of attention to detail. With that in mind I've actually been putting together some thoughts on how I'd fix the show's main problems; mostly by keeping the overall plot as intact as possible and just changing small things so that retcons / bad logic don't become big issues. Like I've said, the big ideas are quite brilliant; opening up an upper tier of power and making the Kais important is great, and involving alternate universes allows for some really neat plotlines. This is probably going to be a big post and I don't expect anyone to read it; I just felt like keeping track of my thoughts. I'm going to basically summarise how I'd handle the episodes / make major changes in bullet points on a per episode basis.

• Episode 1: Goku's working as a farmer now that there's peace on Earth. He's bored of doing the same thing day in day out and thinks about fighting Buu again. Mr Satan says he wants to come over to their house for a special announcement, so Goku and Goten rush around the farm while Gohan and Videl fly to different cities to try and get the other ingredients. They all have dinner with Mr Satan and the surprise is he gives them the money; Goku looks forward to not having to farm any more. The little Beerus section plays out the same; great intro to his character that is a great parellel to the Son Goku family's dinner. This was a pretty good episode but I think this plot is a little tighter than the whole pointless spring water section.
  • Episode 2: Vegeta, Bulma, and Trunks all go to the theme park. Vegeta isn't that interested at first but starts to get into the swing of things (we see him enjoying being a little too good at mini-golf, coconut shy, things like that) and ends up having a good time with his family. He finds out later that Goku's gone off to train with King Kai and we briefly see some interior monologue about Goku always getting the one up on him, but he decides he's really that concerned about it. Why would he be? He buried that hatchet in the Buu arc. This summarises his relationship with Goku to new viewers without reversing his character arc. Meanwhile, Beerus and Whis go to a Freeza Force planet to search for rare food; one of the locals reminds them of Goku beating Freeza and Beerus starts to remember his dream about the Saiyan God. They destroy that planet too and start the search for Goku.
  • Episode 3: Elder Kai and Kibito Kai have their little moment. Some minor details that change; while multiple Kais and Kaioshins are responsible for creating things within a universe and organising them, only a single God of Destruction exists to balance them out. He destroys things at random to stop the universe from falling into predictable patterns and allowing creativity and spontanaeity to exist due to the process of renewal. Nonetheless, they're scared shitless and warn King Kai not to let Goku find out about him; this obviously doesn't work. Oh and Beerus didn't seal Elder Kai in the Z-Sword; that's just dumb. We also find out that Bulma's organising her big birthday party; I like the ship so let's go with that for now. Vegeta and Bulma talk about how much things have changed since they've first met, and he doesn't go storm off to train.
  • Episode 4: The party's underway and everyone except for Son Goku is there. Vegeta's feeling a bit awkward as he's not used to these sort of events and sticks out like a sore thumb in his Saiyan armor (it's a formal event after all!) Vegeta starts mingling with Gohan, Yamcha, and Tien, finding out what they've been doing with their spare time, while we briefly see Goten and Trunks sneaking off and finding the Dragonballs. King Kai warns Goku about Lord Beerus and doesn't even explain to him who he is, just telling him to stay hidden and let him smooth things over. Goku's obviously super curious and begrudgingly hides as Beerus and Whis arrive. Goku is quickly ousted and the jig is up, Goku starts asking him all sorts of questions and King Kai is beside himself. He contacts Vegeta at the party and tells him about Lord Beerus, warning him that Goku might be in some serious trouble. Vegeta remembers exactly who he is and freezes in the middle of the party.
  • Episode 5: Goku and Beerus have their fight and it goes like it does in the movie (without the animation issues and pointless padding lol). Meanwhile Vegeta takes his exit complaining of seasickness and tells King Kai to get him in contact with Kibito Kai. He takes Vegeta to the world of the Kais and they all discuss what to do, showing Vegeta the fight between Goku and Beerus as it happens with the crystal ball. Once Goku is defeated, King Kai informs Vegeta that Beerus is headed to Earth to find the other remaining Saiyans (going off Goku's conversation; he decided to go there first without thinking to look on other planets). Vegeta is stricken with fear; he remembered Beerus toying with his dad, but never imagined that he'd outclass Goku to such a degree. They finalise their plan and send Vegeta back to Earth to warn the others before Beerus arrives.
  • Episode 6: Beerus and Whis arrive at the party before Vegeta has a chance to say anything important, cutting him off before he can speak to anyone. It plays out much the same as in the show, with Bulma cutting in and showing them the food. Piccolo also seems to know who Beerus and Whis are (as he's fused with Kami, who was presumably in contact with the Kais) and talks to Vegeta about what do as Beerus and Whis try all the food at the buffet. The pudding and bingo scenes happen and Beerus gets annoyed, so he fights Majin Buu and tosses him into the sea like before. Piccolo goes to warn Gohan and he tries to get as many of the civillian party guests out of there as possible (turns out Bulma has slightly more friends than just the immediate cast...)
  • Episode 7: Vegeta pleads with Beerus to calm down and enjoy the party, but it doesn't work. Gotenks joins the fray as before, Beerus asks him if he's the Saiyan God and Gotenks gets spanked, and Krillin, Tien, and 18 all jump in to try and stop Beerus. He chopsticks Tien and 18 but Krillin hangs back and catches him off guard with the Solar Flare, buying more time for Gohan and Piccolo to get the rest of the guests out of there. Beerus is even more annoyed now and knocks Krillin out, before Majin Buu jumps back in and gets pulverised until he's exhausted. Seeing Krillin go down, Gohan jumps in with his ultimate form and tries to land some hits, not getting very far but definitely not going down immediately as Beerus counters his straight-forward moves and asks him if he's the Saiyan God. Beerus finds out he's Goku's son, and flicks him accordingly, taking out the bow of the ship. Bulma goes to tell Beerus off, gets slapped, and Vegeta, who's been staying out of this for now, well aware of how strong Beerus is, gets angry, but DOESN'T go Super Saiyan.
  • Episode 8: Vegeta charges in, with Beerus not expecting much due to his lack of transformation, but Vegeta manages to take him by surprise and lands a few hits. Gohan notices that Vegeta's aura has flared up in the same way as his own does, and realises that Vegeta must have gone to Elder Kai to have his potential unlocked in case of an emergency (from what I remember Elder Kai was just fooling around with Gohan and could probably have given him the power up almost immediately). While Vegeta and Gohan have about the same power level at the moment, Vegeta is doing a bit better due to his deeper combat experience and more advanced tactics, so he does about as well as he does in the show, finishing off with his Super Galick Gun. Beerus doesn't say a damn thing about 10% of his power (what a load of BS) and just states that this confirms that Vegeta isn't the Saiyan God either, going to destory Earth. We see the other Z fighters getting most of the civillians out of there, but it quickly becomes apparent that Beerus is going to destroy the Earth. Goku arrives a little earlier than before and they decide to summon Shenron to find out about the Saiyan God. Shenron says he doesn't know anything about a Saiyan God in particular. Beerus is about to destroy Shenron but Whis realises what Beerus might be looking for due to Shenron's wording; a Saiyan God might be too specific. Cliffhanger ooooo!
  • Episode 9: Whis explains that there are structures (i'mma just call them Waypoints) created by himself and others like him that are built on planets with life before it becomes intelligent. These structures have the ability to grant an individual Godly Ki for a short time if their requirements are fulfilled (high power level from multiple individuals, riddle solved to gain entry, etc). This alerts Whis to the appearance of a species worth preserving against the God of Destruction at all costs and worth informing about the Kais and everything if they have not already discovered them. Beerus realises that this could lead to a Saiyan God like the one from his prophecy; Goku asks him if they can try this before he blows up their planet and he agrees. Whis asks Shenron where the nearest Waypoint is; the one on Earth was destroyed by Semi Perfect Cell back when he blew up all those islands (so when the Earth was recovered after Buu destroyed it, the Waypoint was still ruined). The next nearest were on planet Vegeta (destroyed by Freeza), planet Namek (destroyed by Freeza), and planet Yardrat, so they all calm down and Bulma plans a trip to Yardrat. Goku asks if he's strong enough to do it on his own and Whis bluntly says that he'll need as many friends as possible to come with him; Godly Ki doesn't work on the Waypoint. Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Piccolo end up going, as Goten, Trunks, Krillin, and Majin Buu are out of commission from the fight. This is the main change I'd like to make to this arc as the Super Saiyan God ritual seems like something that would have come up a lot earlier than this...
  • Episode 10: Goku picks up some Sensu beans from Korin and Yajirobe for his friends and the team head off to Yardrat. Once they arrive, Goku has a chat with one of the guys he remembers from his brief stay after the Freeza saga and they offer them a large meal, but Goku remember how disgusting Yardrat food is and passes thinking that Beerus would probably blow up the planet if he found out. They teleport them to the Waypoint and explain how they managed to solve the riddle centuries ago but were never able to generate enough power to activate it. The Z-fighters step in and manage to power the machine, with Gohan and Piccolo agreeing that either Goku or Vegeta should be the beneficiary of the Waypoint. Goku and Vegeta do Rock-Paper-Scissors and Goku wins, and the transformation takes place, consuming the Waypoint and destroying it (this is intentional by design). Vegeta and Beerus are awestruck; the transformation is the same as Super Saiyan God in the anime, but it produces white hair and aura instead, matching Whis. This is exactly the sort of thing he saw in his prophecy! Goku tests his power out on Beerus, who decides that Goku might be a worthy adversary after all with this power-up, and he challenges him to a duel to save Earth!
  • Episode 11: The fight between Goku and Beerus spreads out across the planet Yardrat into many exotic biomes; their speed being so fast that each locale is only visited for a few seconds before moving on. Goku realises that Beerus is still toying with him and he starts to figure out how to use his form to the fullest, but Beerus flings him into the mantle of the planet and then into outer space. Goku is injured, but the injuries start to heal and Goku realises that he's not suffocating in space; is he immortal in this transformation? Bulma and the others all watch from her spaceship and we see the Yardrats panicking about what's going to happen to their planet. Goku sees the scars of their battle already from space, vast storms forming on the planet due to their earlier movements, and volcanic eruptions from their punches. He tells Beerus that they should take the fight to space, and they start to fight even more furiously, destroying vast swathes of an asteroid belt and taking a chunk out of Yardrat's moon, much to the dismay of some astronauts. Despite all this, Goku realises that him and Beerus are still nowhere close to their limits, and Beerus states that Goku can't even comprehend what they're both capable of. Vegeta and Gohan watch from the spaceship, with Vegeta wishing he had a chance for revenge on Beerus for what he did to his father. The fight continues.
  • Episode 12: The fight keeps ramping up, with Goku and Beerus now fighting across the surface of Yardrat's star. It's clear that they're both reaching the limits of their power, as Goku manages to land some good hits on Beerus, who can't seem to regenerate his minor injuries. He never expected Goku to be this powerful and, surprised to have taken any damage at all, strikes him through the heart, using his power as God of Destruction to destroy Goku's Godly Ki and break him out of the transformation. Goku starts to suffocate and quickly uses Instant Transmission to get back to Earth, sensing the presence of the other Z-fighters and not wanting to risk the spaceship being destroyed. He eats one of the Sensu beans he got earlier and manages to heal his heart injury before. Beerus appears and Goku states that he used a cheap trick, and that he wouldn't have been able to beat him outright in a fair fight. Beerus retorts that being forced to use the Waypoint to have a chance at beating him was a cheap trick, and Goku states that he regrets not being able to win with his own power. Beerus talks about Goku's pride consuming him, his desire to get stronger overwhelming every other aspect of his life; Goku retorts that Vegeta was always the more prideful one but realises that Vegeta has let go and moved on, and that he needs to start thinking more about others too, not just going after the toughest opponents because he can. The others have arrived now, and Goku asks Beerus if he can try one more thing before admitting defeat. Beerus accepts, and Goku rises into the air and charges up a Spirit Bomb while Beerus summons his Sphere of Destruction from space. He states that Goku's attack takes too long to be practical and launches his own attack while the Spirit Bomb is still small (like in the Vegeta arc). They clash, cliffhanger ooooooo.
  • Episode 13: The sphere seems to be overpowering the Spirit Bomb, so Goku goes Super Saiyan 3 and puts every last bit of energy he has into pushing the attack forward. To everyone's surprise, they actually cancel each other out. Beerus realised what the attack was and cancelled his own attack at the last minute, not wanting to destroy someone who was capable of using this most sacred of techniques, one that even he himself wasn't able to use. Goku falls from the sky, spent by exerting himself so much over such a short time, and Vegeta catches him. He doesn't admit this and pretends to blow up the Earth, falling asleep at the last minute with Whis taking him back and leaving the others behind to congratulate Goku. They all head back to the boat and finish off their party, celebrating the saving of the Earth and reflecting on the whole experience. Piccolo and Dende head off to gather the New Namek Dragonballs so that they can repair the damage to Yardrat, thinking it to be worthwhile keeping them friendly in the future. Beerus and Whis discuss the events too, with Whis revealing that most of the Kais know about the Spirit Bomb and it being a fairly standard technique. Beerus gets mad and says he's going to go back and destroy Earth, but Whis convinces him that the food makes the planet worth protecting, and he agrees. Beerus starts to think about what it would have been like fighting with Vegeta and the others at that level... and whether they pose a threat to the Gods now that the secret of the Waypoints has been revealed.

• Episode 14: One week later, with the Earth at peace (and not wanting a similar disaster again), Chi-Chi suggests that Goku should stay on Earth for a while in case Beerus comes back, also suggesting that he should fix the farm at last since they ruined it last time when preparing for the dinner in the first episode; Piccolo gets roped into it like before. Mr Satan claims he's responsible for the victory as he does before, getting into trouble when aliens arrive to challenge the "hero of Earth" at his press conference in a very similar way. Meanwhile, Vegeta is curious as to whether he's actually become stronger than Goku or not after that whole arc, since it was made clear that the Waypoint transformation is a very temporary thing. He goes off to find Goku at the end of the episode.
  • Episode 15: Goku is sleeping off his work at the farm when Krillin drops by to say hi, surprised to see Goku hasn't gone off training somewhere or died of boredom. At least Goku appreciates here that the best food he has is the food they grow themselves, and that maybe he was being a bit selfish beforehand. Him and Krillin think about how different things are since they first met and they have their little punching scene. Vegeta sees the whole thing and drops down, telling Goku not to be proud of outclassing him. Goku is surprised to see all these people visiting and he asks Vegeta to help him out with the farmwork, and they do so. Vegeta then asks Goku if they can spar for a little bit, since they never got round to doing so after the Buu arc and Vegeta thinks he has a good chance at winning since his potential was unlocked by Elder Kai. So they fight for a bit in their base forms, which Vegeta suggests so that they don't destroy the countryside, thinking he'll still have the advantage, but Goku manages to keep up with all of Vegeta's moves. Most of the fight is spent dodging and countering rather than going for power-hits or ki struggles; Vegeta is trying to feel out Goku's skill. Vegeta is a little disappointed that they're still so close, and admits his plan to Goku, who says that he knew the whole time. Goku then admits that completing the Waypoint transformation did something very similar to him; he didn't realise it at the time, but going Super Saiyan 3 didn't actually achieve very much other than use up his ki. He wonders whether it'll be worth them going Super Saiyan at all in the future, as both of them will either be so powerful that they won't face any threats, or the threat will be too powerful for them (i.e. Beerus). Vegeta laughs about something as important as the Super Saiyan legacy being eclipsed.
  • Episode 16: Krillin considers training again after his encounter with Goku and meets up with Yamcha and Tien, and they all start trying to teach each other their signature moves, the Destructo-Disc, the Spirit Ball, and the Tri Beam, in the nearby wasteland. It doesn't go to well, but they all discuss how Goku would probably learn these moves in an instant by but never tried to make the effort. Meanwhile, Whis comes back to Earth and finds Bulma, and they go to all those different restaurants together and have a good time, with Bulma trying to convince Whis not to let Beerus destroy Earth again in the future. Vegeta is meditating in the same wasteland as the others and is starting to feel conflicted about Goku again; they've both had their potential unlocked and they both turned out to be roughly equal as fighters. He doesn't think he can accept that this is his pinnacle, and he vows that he's not going to let this be the end of his development as a warrior, regardless of how strong Goku is. He powers up, alerting the other Z-fighters to his presence. He then bumps into Bulma and Whis on their way back from town. Vegeta is concerned about Whis's appearance and asks whether Beerus is around, thinking about asking him to train him. Whis then retorts that he's asking the wrong person about training and reveals that he's Beerus's mentor and taught him everything he knows. He then goes through the whole process of getting Whis to train him. He's more reluctant to leave his family behind now than he was in the original show, but thinks he'll regret it forever if he misses this opportunity. He also asks Bulma not to tell Goku about this. Bulma then reveals his new set of Saiyan Armor.
  • Episode 17: A full year has passed since the last episode. The Kaioshins are starting to get worried about a number of planets going missing; Beerus is asleep at the moment after the whole ordeal beforehand, so they have no idea what's going on. Kibito Kai also starts asking about whether him and Elder Kai can defuse from the Potara, just on a whim from their conversation. They end up going somewhere we don't know about. Meanwhile, Pan is born and everyone discusses that whole situation like before. I really don't think this needed to be plot relevant during Battle of Gods. Trunks and Goten are also there, looking a bit different since a year has passed and omg that whole situation is pretty dumb. 18 tells everyone about her point of view on the balance between being a fighter and having a normal life, thinking the former is quite an overrated and overfilled role in their immediate circle, but the important thing is that Pan does what she wants, now that the world seems to be free of dangerous enemies. Whis has often been popping back for food, with him and Bulma steering clear of Goku so he doesn't get any bright ideas about challenging Beerus again. Goku eventually bumped into them, shocked that Vegeta is training with Whis as he thought that Vegeta simply got a new job somewhere! We learn that Goku has actually been quite busy helping out farmers across the world and getting food to those in famines etc, and didn't really have time to worry about Vegeta. Finding out about this, Whis spills the beans that Vegeta has been training with him for a whole year, and Goku asks if he can go join him, Whis accepting since he's gotten used to having a Saiyan around. Chi-Chi is satisfied that Goku has been working hard for a while and lets him go train for a while.
  • Episode 18: Goku and Whis arrive on that godly tree thing and do the stuff they did in the old episode. This whole episode was pretty on point and lines up pretty well with the modified story beforehand. This includes the scenes with Freeza's army and Sorbet, as well as the teaser for Champa and Vados, who are looking for Beerus and trying to get his attention by blowing up random planets. Yes, the Resurrection F arc is still going to happen in my modified story, but it's going to be more of a mini-arc than anything.
  • Episode 19: Goku asks if the training is actually doing them any good, since he doesn't think it's working and their base forms already seem to be as powerful as they can be. Vegeta tells Goku that just because their base power has peaked it doesn't mean they can't become better fighters; he proves this by sparring again with Goku and consistently maintaining advantage before Goku tries going Super Saiyan and Vegeta calls it off, stating that Goku is missing the point. They need to become more efficient with their Ki and their fighting movements to stand a chance at hitting someone like Whis, not letting any of the Ki leak out and alert foes to their actions. Vegeta also hints subtly that his substantial training and Goku's prior access to the Waypoint transformation means that they have both experienced Godly Ki and can start to learn to use that as well as their regular Ki. Champa and Vados then arrive, with Whis telling them that Beerus didn't respond to their destruction because he wasn't awake, and he tells them off, to no avail. Champa storms off to wake Beerus up, with Whis telling Goku and Vegeta not to interfere. Beerus and Champa then get mad at each other and head off into the surrounding space to fight each other. Whis and Vados quickly intervene since they destroy most of the galaxy in doing so, using their time-warp ability to reverse time and stopping them from fighting in the first place. Goku and Vegeta are amazed and quite scared; is this what Godly Ki is really capable of doing?
  • Episode 20: Everyone sits down to dinner when Beerus and Champa start arguing about who's universe has the better food. We then get the reveal from Whis and Vados about the 13 seperate universes, and how Universe 6 and 7 are linked, varying only slightly, with Earth being destroyed in Universe 6. Champa and Beerus are about to fight again but Vados suggests that they get their universes to fight instead; have a tournament between their strongest fighters to see which universe is better. They both agree, with Champa stating that he'll get to keep Universe 7's Earth in his universe if their team wins. We then hear about the Super Dragon Balls for the first time; planet size dragonballs that can grant any wish without limitations, are the size of planets, and are spread between the pair of universes. Beerus agrees under the guarantee that he'll get to make a wish on the Super Dragon Balls instead if his universe wins. However, the Gods only know where 6 of the Super Dragon Balls are at the moment, and it would take thousands of years to search the Universe for the 7th one. Vegeta suggests that they go back to Earth to see Bulma and ask her about it since she invented the Dragon Radar. They all head back to Capsule Corp to see Bulma. Bulma asks Beerus what his wish would be and he gives a vague response, saying he might destroy all the stars in the Universe at once and see which planet lasts the longest. Bulma starts work on the Super Dragon Radar, hoping to collect the 7th Super Dragon Ball and hide it before Beerus and Champa get a chance to use them.
  • Episode 21: Everyone is relaxing at Capsule Corp for a few days and they start planning out the tournament. It'll have the same format as before, with 5 fighters on each time fighting each other in order, winner stays in the arena. They also decide to include a written exam so that Universe 6 can't bring formless and mindless monsters to the battle. They then schedule the tournament for a week from then, at a joining point between the two universes. Goku, Vegeta, Whis, and Beerus then decide who should go on their team; Beerus talks about Monaka and they head off to collect him, letting Goku and Vegeta pick the last two contestants. Goku asks Gohan if he wants to join, since they are all at about the same power level now, but Gohan refuses, saying that he has a conference that he wants to attend. Goku is confused at first but Gohan tells him that he has no need to fight in this tournament and wants to put the rest of his life first, saying that Goku's barely even seen them all since he got so busy and that he only ever fought when he had no other choice. Goku and Vegeta then decide to select Piccolo and Majin Buu as they do in the normal story. Meanwhile, we see Whis and Vados creating the arena on a barren, uninhabited planet.
  • Episode 22: With a week to go before the tournament, Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, and Majin Buu head off to Beerus' and Whis's planet to train. Whis says that the difference in strength between the four members is quite large, but they should all just about be able to train together in the room inside Whis' staff, which is an amplified version of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Whis sets the time dilation to be about 3 years since this is how long he thinks it will take for the Universe 7 fighters to get up to snuff with the Universe 6 fighters. Goku doesn't believe this at first, but Vegeta then informs him that Vados is likely doing the same thing in Universe 6, so they agree to go in, so long as they can bring in some food so they don't have to eat Majin Buu's candy all the time. They ask why Monaka won't be joining them, with Whis saying it would be unwise for them to try and train with him. Once in the room, the four of them all struggle to move at first, but then realise they can move by not releasing any of the ki outwards and keeping it within themselves. Goku and Vegeta split off from Piccolo and Majin Buu for a while, with the former trying to figure out how to tap into this Godly Ki, and the latter working on new and inventive techniques to try and take their opponents by surprise.
  • Episode 23: Everyone exits the time chamber and they all head back to Earth to pick up Bulma and their friends so they can watch the tournament from the Cube. Whis arrives with Monaka and everyone says hi, wondering why he's small and why his nipples are so huge. All of the Z-fighters go except for Gohan (who's at his conference now) get in and they all head off to the tournament. Meanwhile, we can see Sorbet and Tagoma watching the scene from space, thinking that now the Z-fighters have left Earth, they have a chance to use the planet's Dragon Balls to revive Freeza and have him get control over his empire again! They land and interact with the Pilaf Gang (who are introduced in this episode) and summon Shenron once everyone has left the planet; Gohan is presenting his work and doesn't see the sky cloud over. Freeza is resurrected in pieces but brought back to life using their healing technology as before. Meanwhile, we see that the journey to the edge of the Universe takes quite a while; Gokus asks why they can't just go their instantly with the Kaioshin, who's also there and defused from Kibito (they used the New Namek balls). Whis retorts that the Kai Kai only works within its respective universe, and that the tournament arena is in neither universe, but rather the space between them. Meanwhile, they contact Bulma, who is still searching for the 7th Super Dragon Ball. She needs to get to the center of the universe for the Super Dragon Radar to work, and asks her sister Tights to contact a friend that can help her get there without the help of the Gods; Jaco.
  • Episode 24: Everyone arrives at the tournament battleground and we get to see the completed arena, which is much larger and more intricate than the one from the show, almost resembling an M.C. Escher painting at times. Cameras show all the different corners of the arena to spectators. We also get to meet the Universe 6 team, which is slightly different again to accommodate this arc fusing with Resurrection-F. The team lineup is as follows:
    • Botamo. The whole opening with Goku vs Botamo was quite funny and the tour doesn't need to start off too seriously. The main difference is that we find out more about Botamo, who's in the tournament because he's a renowned food critic, travelling to the most dangerous places in search of delicious food. From what Champa tells him, Earth is the most dangerous planet in the universe and also has the tastiest food, so he really wants Earth to become part of Universe 6.
    • Shinobo. Frost is cool, but since the B-plot of this arc is all about Frieza, we can make him wait until the Tournament of Power arc to appear. Shinobo is a Universe 6 Albino Namekian (the Albinos won supremacy on their planet...) who resembles Kami more than he does Piccolo. He heard stories about how the Earthlings of Universe 7 saved the Namekians of their Universe and wanted to meet them, caring little about the fate of their planet, but immensely curious of their power.
    • Magetta. Again Magetta was cool and had some interesting traits. He's much the same as he was in the original show. He doesn't get much more character development since none of the other characters can understand his language. We're allowed one guy like this.
    • Kabe. Kabe represents Planet Salad as he does before, with some slight changes we'll discuss later.
    • Hit. Hit is too good a character to pass up. More on him later too.
The Universe 6 and Universe 7 characters all have dinner at a long table before starting the tournament, with Vegeta and Kabe both cooking the meal (as we all know Vegeta is the best chef, and this gives him a good opportunity to socialise with Kabe.) Botamo tries to talk to Buu about food but doesn't get very far. Shinobo and Goku talk about their respective adventures. Piccolo asks Magetta lots of questions and doesn't get many answers. Monaka and Hit sit across from each other and ignore each other the whole time. They then do the test (Buu doesn't fall asleep! Christ...) and decide on the team orders:
    • Goku, Piccolo, Vegeta, Buu, Monaka.
    • Botamo, Shinobo, Magetta, Kabe, Hit.
We cut to Bulma meeting Jaco at the end, and Jaco suggests that they try and ask Zuno about how to safely get to the centre of the Universe (it's not that easy, and the Galactic Patrol rarely have to go there due to it being completely hazardous and barren.
  • Episode 25: Goku vs Botamo starts, and it plays out in a similar sort of way to before. However, instead of just absorbing the energy from Goku's attacks, he's able to rebound it back twice as strong. Goku reasons that he can't afford to waste any power against him, and goes for the ring-out like before, but he tries lots of other attacks before he reaches this conclusion. Goku exploits Botamo's immediate rebound from his attacks to trick him into flinging himself into the floor outside the arena. Meanwhile, we cut to Frieza, who has been revived and discusses the situation with Tagoma and Sorbet. He declares that he wants to go back to Earth and kill Goku, but Sorbet remarks that all of the fighters of Earth are missing at the moment, on some sort of holiday. Frieza remarks that destroying the Earth wouldn't be fun without any watching, but when Tagoma tells him about how strong they have gotten, he decides that he needs to get stronger as well so he can match them, and deems this a good time to do so. Contrary to the show, Frieza has trained before, albeit not much, and he reasons he might be able to match Buu if he trains for years. However, he doesn't have that much time, so he decides that they should go and ask Zuno about how he can become even stronger. Meanwhile, we cut back to Bulma and Jaco, who have managed to squeeze in an appointment and have figured out a safe route to the center of the Universe thanks to Zuno's help, as well as more information on the Super Dragon Balls. They are just about to leave, when we see Frieza and his army bust in...
  • Episode 26: Meanwhile, Goku fights Shinobo. Shinobo is very fast and Goku struggles to land any physical hits on him. On the other hand, when Goku tries a Kamehameha, Shinobo is able to dodge that too. Looking to Tien and Yamcha in the background, we see a flashback where Goku talks to them before they all headed to the tournament, and we learn that Goku learned some of their techniques in preparation. He summons a Spirit Ball and uses it to chase Shinobo around the arena, making him weave in and out of its geometry. He adds more and more Spirit Balls until it overwhelms Shinobo and he manages to hit him. Shinobo is heavily damaged but manages to regenerate, continuing the fight. However, at this point Goku notices that the arena is starting to shift and attack him with columns of stone. Goku tries to dodge out of the way using Instant Transmission, but Shinobo catches him off guard and kicks him away. Goku gets up and tries to counter-attack, but the announcer tells Goku that he landed outside of the ring. He looks around and realises that the ring hasn't moved at all, and it was just an illusion. Meanwhile, Bulma and Jaco manage to sneak out of Zuno's palace, but not before learning Frieza's plan: He's going to find the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and train in there with an unknown individual. They rush off to find Gohan and warn him.
  • Episode 27: Piccolo goes to fight Shinobo. At first, Vegeta and Goku are sceptical about his chances, but we quickly realise that Piccolo has gotten quite a lot stronger due to his exposure to Whis' pocket dimension, and is able to tank Shinobo's hits fairly easily. Rather than attempting to outmanoeuvre Shinono, he simply waits for him to attack. Shinobo is getting frustrated at his lack of progress and attempts to confuse Piccolo with another illusion, but Piccolo is resistant to this, knowing that the illusions can't hurt him, and he ensnares Shinobo in his arm to trap him while charging the Special Beam Cannon. Shinobo unveils more and more different illusions, trying to unsettle Piccolo so that loses focus (such as showing him images of Namek being destroyed by Frieza, his allies attacking him, and so on) but Piccolo maintains his calm. Realising what will happen if the Special Beam Cannon lands, Shinobo forfeits. He explains that while he would have been able to regenerate off a hit to the head, his memories (and thus techniques) would have been lost, and Piccolo explains how he knew this (and thus that he wouldn't get disqualified for killing someone...). Meanwhile, we see Bulma and Jaco burst into the conference and warn Gohan about Frieza's return and his plans for the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. They head there, only to find Frieza's army waiting for them.
  • Episode 28: Piccolo starts to fight Magetta, but Magetta is significantly stronger and tougher than Shinobo was, tanking a Hellzone Grenade and even a Special Beam Cannon while burrowing in and out of the arena (but never leaving so he doesn't get disqualified). Combined with the increased heat from the constant steam that Magetta emits, it proves to be too much for Piccolo, and he falls unconscious after a nasty combo attack. Vegeta steps up to the arena and, realising that Magetta can't fly, goes high into the air and blasts the arena with his Big Bang Attack. Magetta throws chunks of the destroyed arena towards him and uses them as jumping platforms to land some hits, before using his lava spitting attack to launch himself off the now illegal floor. Vegeta tries to dislodge him so that he loses control and ringouts, but can't seem to actually throw him off balance. Annoyed, Vegeta goes Super Saiyan and tries to use his Final Flash to intimidate Magetta. Kabe remarks how he's never seen a transformation like this before amongst his people. After saying some nasty words to Magetta, he drops out of the sky and lands on the floor, causing a ring-out, confusing Vegeta. Meanwhile, Gohan and Jaco fight it out with Frieza's army, while Sorbet tweaks the Hyperbolic Time Chamber's time dilation and allows Frieza and the mysterious person to enter the room. Not before Frieza notices Gohan and taunts him of course. Tagoma and Shisami keep Gohan occupied, allowing Frieza to enter the room safely. They reveal that they were mentors to Frieza and his other brothers and sisters who had spread out far across the universe, and had taken Frieza's place during his absence, being the other strongest individuals in the universe (save for artifical creations like Cell and Buu, as well as deities of course.)
  • Episode 29: The arena is rebuilt, this time as a smooth surface to avoid giving any combatants an unfair advantage. Vegeta starts to fight Kabe, who pretends that he is even with Vegeta so that he can see more of his techniques and to give him a false sense of confidence. Kabe asks him about how he is able to go Super Saiyan, and Vegeta gives him some back-story. Kabe retorts that the destructive nature of the Saiyans in Universe 7 was an impediment, not a strength, and that his people were able to come much further after diverting their energy away from war and into other applications. He reveals that they were able to activate the Waypoint on Planet Salad, that the Universe 7 Saiyans had destroyed in their ignorance, and he gets to reveal the Super Saiyan Blue transformation. Hit wakes up. Vegeta laughs at Kabe for assuming himself to be so superior, transforming into this form as well, stating that he learned how to manipulate God Ki on his own (admittedly training with Goku) without the need for some machine (Blutz wave generator lel), and they start to fight more evenly. Hit looks to Goku who winks, implying that he has also mastered this form. Goku explains to the others about what the form is, combining God Ki with the control of his unlocked potential, effectively giving this new base form the same rough power multiplier as the original Super Saiyan Form while also rejuvenating the fighter and removing fatigue. Meanwhile, Gohan uses his unlocked potential to defeat Tagoma and Shisami, and proceeds to destroy the Hyperbolic Time Chamber with a Masenko to stop Frieza from escaping. No stupid Ginyu subplot. With Bulma, Jaco, and Gohan thinking the threat is over, Jaco arrests the remains of Frieza's army and Gohan heads back to his conference, and Bulma heads to the centre of the universe...
  • Episode 30: Vegeta and Kabe continue to fight, with Kabe using some his leg blast attacks that we see in the Super intro (lol...) Vegeta starts to secure the advantage, stating that Kabe's complacency and lack of experience has made him a lazy and unskilled fighter, relying on raw power alone and only ever fighting inferior opponents. He realises his mistake and surrenders, asking Vegeta to train him once his Earth is moved to Universe 6 (sick burn oooh). Vegeta sarcastically says he'll take him up on this offer. As Vegeta his fought in his Super Saiyan Blue form, his fatigue from his earlier fights has now been removed, and he is at full strength to face the final opponent; Hit. But when Hit comes down to the field, Vegeta is just as helpless against his Time Skip as he was before, and is knocked out. Universe 7's team decides on a strategy for beating Hit, telling Buu that he can win. Secretly, they hope to analyze Hit's techniques as Buu takes a beating so that Monaka can secure the win. Meanwhile, Gohan has finished the conference and is back at his house with Videl and Pan, barely managing to save them after a massive ki blast destroys the city. Gohan looks up and finds Frieza, who states that he managed to learn a way back into the real world during his training, and that beating Gohan would be a fine way of testing his strength before the others arrived
  • Episode 31: Buu fights Hit, who keeps using his Time Skip techniques as the team try and figure out what he's doing. Buu lasts a fair while but doesn't do any damage to him, trying to turn him into candy, absorb him, and splitting into lots of little pieces. Hit finds ways to stop Buu each time and eventually brings Buu to his limit where he can't regenerate any more and forfeits. Vegeta meanwhile has eaten a Senzu bean and is watching the whole thing. Monaka is about to step up, but instead of flying down to the arena, he flies up. He then twists his nipples and grows to gigantic size, dwarfing even the Super Dragon Balls in the distance. Goku accuses Shinobo of using another illusion but he's just as confused as the rest of them. Champa then complains that this isn't fair because he can't possibly fight inside the arena. He extends a toe down to cover the arena, forcing Hit off the floor. Whis and Vados agree that this isn't particularly fair, but Monaka hasn't broken the rules either. They decide in the interests of a fairer contest that Universe 7 can substitute another competitor for Monaka; Goku obviously volunteers. However, before Goku and Hit start to fight, Goku senses some energy from far away. He senses Gohan and Frieza as they start their own fight, with Frieza testing out his new strength against Ultimate Gohan, handicapping himself to maintain an even fight like when he fought Goku on Namek. Frieza keeps attacking other cities, with Gohan defending them each time, until he starts to get overwhelmed.
  • Episode 32: Goku tells the gods that they need to postpone the tournament as the Earth is in danger; Beerus and Champa refuse since they can just wish the Earth back with the Super Dragon Balls as they complete the wish. However, Goku can sense that Gohan is really over his head now, and can sense Frieza getting even stronger. We cut back to that fight, where Frieza reveals his Golden Form to Gohan, explaining his backstory to him, about learning how to force himself to evolve even further than before with the help of this mysterious stranger. This is when Goku senses Godly Ki on Earth, and he insists that they go back to stop him. Beerus and Champa refuse again, stating they will just destroy him afterwards if necessary. Vegeta then volunteers to resolve the situation himself, asking Goku to send him there with Instant Transmission. Goku laments that he's too far from home to use it, but as Frieza's Godly Ki grows stronger as he attempts to terrify Gohan, Goku can just about lock onto it. They go back quickly, and Goku leaves Vegeta to defend the Earth. He then goes straight back to the tournament, having asked Kabe to transform again so he could sense his way back. Whis admits that he didn't think Goku would be capable of making this journey, but he says that his time in Whis' pocket dimension helped him to refine the Instant Transmission even further. We then see Vegeta introduce himself to Frieza, who thinks that he has come back to join him. Vegeta reveals not only that he is a Super Saiyan, but also his mastery of Godly Ki by transforming into a Super Saiyan Blue, to the surprise of Gohan, and they get ready to have a proper fight. We then see Goku get ready to fight Hit.
  • Episode 33: Hit asks Goku to transform, knowing he is capable of doing so, but Goku bluffs and says it won't be necessary; after all, Hit can't kill him anyway. Goku attempts to feel out the Time Skip technique and develop a defense like he did in the show, but he starts to get worn down pretty easily in the process. However, the defense starts to work; Goku poses in a certain way to prompt Hit freezing time and finding a weak spot, only to focus his ki on the weak spot and block the hit, predicting how Hit would react. He reveals this to Hit, who questions why he would give away such vital information, and Goku says he wants Hit to give him more of a challenge, transforming into a Super Saiyan Blue as we all predicted. Champa laments that he thought Kabe was the strongest Saiyan of all the universes, and he was outclassed by every representative from Universe 7. Goku stalls for time, using his transformation to remove his fatigue as he and Hit exchange some stories, with Hit revealing his age and absolute conviction as a true neutral hitman. He states that he thinks this tournament is a waste of time, but was promised something worth fighting for (the transportation cube). Beerus and Champa tell them to hurry up, and Goku and Hit start to clash at full power, with Goku using Yamcha's Wolf Fang Fist to catch Hit off guard, as he's used to defending against Goku's attacking style. Meanwhile, Vegeta and Frieza exchange barbed insults as they fight across a giant desert, with their ki attacks turning the sand to glass. Frieza launches the glass at Vegeta with his telekinesis, outmanoeuvring Vegeta and landing some good hits, but it's not enough to break Vegeta down, who gets up and keeps fighting despite his wounds, claiming this is his chance to get the revenge against Frieza that he never had, and he wasn't going to give up that easily.
  • Episode 34: Hit starts to gain the advantage again as he starts to vary the interval of his Time Skip, catching Goku's defenses off guard by attacking when his ki has changed position. He eventually manages to overwhelm Goku, who drops to the floor. Champa tells Hit to finish him off, but he refuses, as Goku managed to push him to become an even better opponent, and that he wanted to keep learning from him. He assured Champa that his victory was inevitable, and he let him wait. Goku gets up and reveals his Kaioken to the audience as he did before, and starts to beat Hit down as he did before. Meanwhile, Frieza continues to fight Vegeta, retorting that this is his chance to finally get revenge on the Saiyans that cost him his immortality and his life. However, Vegeta starts to get an advantage over Frieza, posing the idea that Frieza broke back into this dimension as soon as he created his new form, and that he wasn't used to controlling it. This meant that the Godly Ki was wearing him down rather than revitalising him, letting Vegeta get some good hits in and getting the better of him. The intro theme plays to both Goku and Vegeta beating Hit and Frieza respectively simultaneously. Having been defeated, Vegeta tells Frieza he won't be resurrected again and prepares to kill him. Frieza tries to destroy the planet again, but Vegeta senses this and kicks him hard in the neck, knocking him dead into the air, finishing him off with a Blue Final Flash as Goku attacks Hit with his 10x Kamehameha.
  • Episode 35: Hit has managed to survive Goku's Kaioken Blue, and they continue to fight as they become increasingly exhausted. Goku suggests that Hit should be allowed to use his assassination techniques, and Beerus and Champa argue about this as they did in the show. Goku and Hit become frustrated as they realise that they've just been the playthings of the Gods the whole time, with neither particularly caring about which God gets their wish granted. They decide to end the match in a double KO, such that neither God gets the outcome they desire and both universes stay the same. They do this, and the Gods start to argue even more, with Beerus arguing that they should win because they still had an unused fighter, while Champa claims that he was disqualified and Beerus is just clutching at straws. Whis and Vados decide that both of the Gods will have to agree on a new wish, and that they will have to postpone a decisive victory until another time, in the interest of keeping the universes safe. Neither of them is happy with this idea, and then Zeno appears and they quiet down quite quickly. Meanwhile, Vegeta gets Gohan back to his family safely, giving him a Senzu bean. Gohan thanks Vegeta for his help, but laments that he wasn't able to protect all of the people that died, with many of them not being eligible to be wished back with the regular Dragon Balls due to having been killed by Buu previously. He also chastises Vegeta for not finding out more about the mysterious individual who trained Frieza to use Godly Ki. He then asks Vegeta about Tagoma and Shisami, saying he knew Tagoma from back when he worked with Frieza but never met Shisasmi.
  • Episode 36: We finally see what's going on with Bulma, who has managed to get to the centre of the universe. She uses the Super Dragon Radar to find the last Super Dragon Ball, and finds that she can enter a wormhole at the very centre of the universe to get to it. She goes through the wormhole and starts to think about how she could conceal the Super Dragon Ball from Beerus, but is shocked to find she's arrived at the Tournament! Whis and Vados then reveal that they had hidden the 7th Super Dragon Ball the whole time as the planet the arena was built on! They hid it intentionally so that neither God would be able to sway any advantage over the other, as both of them managed to find 3 Super Dragon Balls initially. Bulma is annoyed and gives in, asking how the tournament went, and asks where Vegeta is. Goku has been playing with Zeno in the meantime, but when Bulma mentions Vegeta, he remembers to check back on Earth, and senses no Godly Ki. However, Whis looks with his staff and confirms that Vegeta managed to beat Golden Frieza, putting their minds at rest. They then summon Zaurama as they did before, and the Gods make their wish. Champa is granted a copy of Universe 7's Earth rather than the original, which satisfies both Universes decently enough, and this puts Bulma's mind at ease for now. The teams then say their farewells as Zeno announces his frustration at missing the tournament, hoping to see another one in the future, and hoping to see Goku again. However, Champa realises that in the festivities, Hit managed to sneak off with the Cube! Universe 6 has to get a lift with Universe 7 before Champa tries to track down Hit. Meanwhile, Vegeta and Gohan rescue some survivors from a city, with Vegeta wondering about the fate of the Earth.
  • Episode 37: Goku and the others all arrive back on Earth, and him, Gohan, and Vegeta swap stories about their respective battles as they celebrate the Earth being saved. Beerus and Whis stay for the food as usual. Goku wishes he got a chance to see his son fight at full power again, while Vegeta is in disbelief that Goku was able to use the Kaioken alongside Super Saiyan Blue. Gohan asks about Hit and wonders what he might do now that he has the power to travel between universes. Goku speculates that he'll probably use it to fight stronger opponents throughout all the universes, envying him. Thinking about this, Goku remembers that Monaka is present and challenges him to a fight. Monaka reminds him about his enormous size and that Goku wouldn't be able to fight him in space, so Goku asks to fight him in his normal form, and Beerus coerces him into trying. At this point, he twists his nipples the other way and disappears, with Beerus cursing that he can never get Monaka to stick around when he needs him. However, unknown to him, Monaka his shrunk to microscopic size and made an escape. With the food eaten, the Gods head off. Meanwhile, Bulma tells Vegeta about her concerns of Beerus misusing the Super Dragon Balls in the future, and that they should try and relocate one of them and conceal it from them to protect the universe. Vegeta is sceptical but doesn't reject the idea.
  • Episode 38: Goku's Late-Onset-Ki-Disorder episode is preserved in its entirety. This is gold as usual for Dragon Ball Super filler. This also helps to resolve the loose end of the Pilafs, who end up staying with Bulma at Capsule Corp.
  • Episode 39: Vegeta, Trunks, Jaco, and Bulma go off into space to find one of the relocated Super Dragon Balls, and fight some space pirates on the way(they can be some of the ones from the show idk). They manage to find one and capture it with a special capsule, but Beerus and Whis have been watching the whole time on Whis' staff, commentating on the action and making snide comments about filler episodes. They let Bulma keep it for now since they know where it is anyways, but wonder further about how trustworthy the humans are, and decide to keep their distance for now, if nothing else than to prevent Zeno from getting any ideas about a bigger tournament. Meanwhile, Goten tries to keep the Pilaf gang from getting up to any mischief and ends up becoming friends with them, particularly Mai (oooooooh edgy).

• Episode 40: Future Trunks opener is much the same as before, including the farming aside. However, instead of Vegeta going off to train with Whis again, we see Goku and Vegeta go into the center of town to discuss the whole situation with the Gods and about how unconcerned they are with looking after their subjects, hiding their conversation from Whis' vision through the noise of the crowd. Vegeta is harshest towards Beerus, but Goku says that they made good points about the Super Dragon Balls being able to fix the whole Frieza situation, and that it just wouldn't have been as satisfying as beating Frieza again. Vegeta retorts that the God's control over the Super Dragon Balls makes them impossible to overthrow, given that they are effectively limitless and the Gods themselves are more powerful than any mortal fighters. They agree that they should try to distance themselves from the Gods for now until the situation with them is a little more stable.
  • Episode 41: Again this episode happens in much the same way. Yes, even the filler with the Pilaf gang. They actually start to become somewhat relevant in this arc so it'll stay for now. The main difference is Goku and Vegeta are at home when Future Trunks arrives, and Beerus and Whis are not aware of his presence. Meanwhile, we cut to Hit using the cube while receiving his latest target, and we find out that he's now a fugitive in his home universe, only going back to complete jobs before Champa and Vados can reach him.
  • Episode 42: Future Trunks attacks Goku with full force from the get-go after being healed by the Sensu Bean, but his Super Saiyan 2 isn't able to match Goku's base form (given that his potential was unlocked by the Waypoint transformation) and he eventually concedes when Goku and Bulma manage to snap him out of it. Future Trunks warns the Z-Fighters about Black Goku, stating that he's just as powerful as the Goku here but evil (obviously). Gohan (who would obviously come to see what happened) then greets him and states that he's just as strong as his dad in his base form. They agree to try and help him fend him off in the future. Goku Black then manages to find and locate everyone like he does in the previous episode.
  • Episode 43: Goku and Goku Black fight fight fight. Goku expects an easy match but Goku Black is able to catch him off guard with his wildly different fighting style and similar power level. He taunts Goku, asking him why his friends aren't rushing in to help him, with Goku stating that it won't be necessary and goads Goku Black into going Super Saiyan. Goku Black assures him that it won't be necessary and continues to fight him one-on-one, forcing Goku and the others to defend cities as he attacks them to try and outmanoeuvre them. Goku Black states that Goku is giving him more hassle than he expected and attempts to transform, but the time portal drags him back before he can do so. He destroys the time machine as he does before. Beerus and Whis arrive afterwards, wondering about the strange fluctuation in time. Unlike Trunks' time machine, the method Goku Black uses is godly, allowing them to detect it. They state how time travel is strictly prohibited for any non-Kai's or lower beings. Bulma then tells Vegeta about the spare time machine she has in secret to avoid alerting Beerus and Whis, while Gohan tries to hide Future Trunks from the deities, as his presence would raise some eyebrows.
  • Episode 44: Bulma, Gohan, Future Trunks, and the Pilaf Gang try to fix the time machine in secret while Goku and Vegeta distract Beerus and Whis by offering them food and going to their planet for a special training session. They decide to ask Beerus and Whis more about Zeno in this time and find out the details they would have found out before in the first episode of this season. Beerus and Whis then try to detect Goku Black's energy as they did before, and allow Goku and Vegeta to come along and help them find him. Meanwhile we also get all the Mai stuff, and the revelation of Goku Black's plan to wipe out all life in the universe. Meanwhile, Goku Black speculates about how strong Goku and the others are, wondering if they've been through similar events to him.

I'll probably come back and do this for the rest of the series later, was fun going full fanfiction mode! :)

EDIT: Finished my Universe 6 / Resurrection-F fusion arc, I have to admit this is starting to trail off into a big ongoing story thread that will be resolved shortly after the Tournament of Power Arc. However, I think a big central theme is just what Super needs to stand out from Z.

Last edited:
So uh folks.... looks like after the whole "Assassination" mini-arc, we're going to see the return of Gohan! http://animefeeds.com/2016/12/gohan-returns-new-dragon-ball-super-arc-leaks/
^ for info.
However, there are several other fighters depicted, so it's somewhat questionable whether or not he'll be formidable ala Future Trunks. But there is a theory going that he's been training with Piccolo ever since the first Universal battle. Also, this looks like it's going to be a huge, long, epic tournament (saying that based off of two factors: 1. The tournament is supposed to be between all 12 universes. 2. Based off what looks to be only a part of the fighting roster from Earth 6 (is it 6 that Goku and company are from?)-, there's going to be a lot of contenders. In other words, we might be looking at least at a 60+ episodal main arc for the 12 universe tournament. It's also my belief that something nefarious will be at play by someone(s) from the 12 universes. Let's hope this goes well and Gohan returns to his former glory! :D

It's my belief that Beerus may have sent Hit, but it's more likely Whis. If you don't know why he would, then ask, but otherwise, let's hope that Whis's plan works, as I believe Goku will defeat Hit in the next tournament, but that a even stronger opponent lies in wait that Goku as of yet cannot handle.

Why is the dragon ball super manga so good man props to Toyotaro for knowing what makes DBZ people actually hyped.

Straight out of the YouTube comment sections is the best way to describe the Future Trunks arc rofl.

"The entire arc was just a long and retarded build up to Zeno finding a friend."

Matthew

And yet we see people forgoing the greater story to just nitpick at details even though DBZ retroatcted itself.

For fucking real? We had cell 2.0 yet no one complained about cell (I mean maybe they did and I was too young). It's a good solid story, from start to finish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)