Media DRAGON BALL SUPER

The fight was damn good, finally Super understood at least once that Goku isn't a fucking idiot, just naive but really smart at battling.

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
New arc is looking pretty gnarly so far. The new intro, seeing the characters act human, and getting a peak into what's coming up made for a refreshing episode.

It's cool seeing we can expect the return of Android 17 and even a lot of the z fighters. Seeing old characters come back into relevance would be a very cool change of pace.

Also, there was this AU Brolly-looking kind of guy in the intro that looks very interesting to find out about

The show has been on a gradual climb upwards in quality since the introduction of the Future Trunks arc, so I'm looking forward to seeing where everything goes from here!

It's my opinion that there's going to be a small time jump in between the exhibition match and the tournament. Bulma needs to have her kid in order for Vegeta to get his act together (does anyone else think it might be more than that that's stopping him from fighting?) and Gohan, who will probably lose in the exhibition match, will realise he needs to re-train himself. I can't see him doing much without training again. Also, it makes sense that Zen-oh would be like "Ok folks, you have two-3 months to train, then the tournament will be held". Of course, someone might need to convince Zen-oh that a training period would be necessary...

Last edited:

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Confirmed: Goku has royally screwed his Universe in a way that only Goku could manage.

It will be fun seeing how he tries to get out of this jam, though.

Confirmed: Goku has royally screwed his Universe in a way that only Goku could manage.

It will be fun seeing how he tries to get out of this jam, though.
technically, all of the low-power universes were going to get erased anyway if Goku hadn't said anything, so he's actually saving the universe that wins the tournament, right? :D

doesn't really change how goku generally needs to start considering the consequences of his actions, but it's a cute little detail. more ominous is the casual revelation that universes 1, 5, 8, and 12 are on average over twice as strong as the combatants of universe 7

e: actually it could just refer to the average person's power level, implying that the gods in other universes are doing a shitty job maintaining their universe

Last edited:
My opinion on those four universes being much stronger has two parts to it:

1. Goku and Vegeta are not necessarily weaker than the strongest of those universes, at least not weaker than they are compared to Beerus/Whis. (There are theories that Goku may already be stronger than Beerus, but I don't believe them. I do think Beerus is grooming Goku to take his place as God of Destruction, however) However, considering that the other fighters in Universe 7 are dwarfed by Goku and Vegeta in terms of power, it would make sense that the average power level would be lower. Most of the other fighters are chumps in terms of power level.

2. That this signals that there is going to be something important involving those universes at some point, and likely some point soon (after the tournament? Perhaps during the tournament we see some of those fighters?) It makes sense for Goku and Vegeta to have something to aspire to that's not in Universe 6, 7, or 9. In all likelihood, we're going to see some kind of universe hopping at some point. Vegeta wants to visit the Saiyans in universe 6, and Goku will want to seek out those fighters to test his mettle.

It could be Buu's fault on why the average power level of universe 7 is so low. Besides planet Vegeta being destroyed, there is a lot of humans and nameks. Neither are known for being powerful. Buu probably destroyed most of the other races/planets capable of producing powerful fighters.

It could be Buu's fault on why the average power level of universe 7 is so low. Besides planet Vegeta being destroyed, there is a lot of humans and nameks. Neither are known for being powerful. Buu probably destroyed most of the other races/planets capable of producing powerful fighters.
True. Also, consider Frieza as well in the planet destroying-thing. He did send Saiyans elsewhere to cause death and problems in the universe. There were a few decently powerful beings on Namek as well, I.E. Nail. However, the vast majority weren't inclined to fight, so I agree that the Namekians weren't very strong. I'm sure had Frieza not been around, there would've been fewer problems.

However.... I'm sure there are other Buu's and Frieza's in other universes, so it may be that Beerus and the Supreme Kai are to blame. The Supreme Kai told Beerus he felt that Universe 7 should learn to fight on their own and develop power on their own. This was clearly a mistake.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Isn't Goku just going to win it all and then Dragonball and wish back all the Universes or would that trigger Zenny :0

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
I read somewhere that Mortal Level =/= Power Levels. It might have to do with how advanced and the progression of civilizations within the universes. iirc a civilization in Universe 12 discovered time travel aaaages ago.

Isn't Goku just going to win it all and then Dragonball and wish back all the Universes or would that trigger Zenny :0
Imagine he does this and he wishes "I want the universes destroyed by Zen Chan to come back!" and then we get universes 13-18 back and we discover that Zen Chan destroyed them for a very good reason, aka some bad bad shit. Would make for a very interesting arc.

Looks clean. Certain redesigns get to me because they can seem over-polished sometimes, but I wont deny the new fight sequences are solid.
Also WTH JAPANESE GOKU VOICE

Looks clean. Certain redesigns get to me because they can seem over-polished sometimes, but I wont deny the new fight sequences are solid.
Also WTH JAPANESE GOKU VOICE
My little brother refuses to watch because of that terrible voice. I hate it so much, but I'm mostly used to it now.

I'll be honest, I stopped watching Super after casually watching the filler, idk if that was a great idea or not, but holy shit SSjG Vegeta was cool. All the people complaining about the anime being better than the manga because of something that was well explained where Vegeta had strategy to beat Goku Black instead of another pure power boost makes it actually interesting are crazy.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So now we know Goku will be wishing for 100 million zenni.

Other universes going to be so disappointed they risked their universes so Goku could get bank.

But that's just the way Gangsta Goku rolls.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can we just make Krillin the protagonist of DragonBall Super? Seeing him actually outwit people instead of pulling some stupid transformation out of his ass is great.

So Toriyama himself is the one confirmed to do the Vegito retcon as it's in the manga too.

Vegito is like 200% lame now, a badass concept just thrown to the wayside, actually pretty upsetting given the fact that I fucking loved Vegito like since I saw that ep. when I was 6 years old, just go Gogeta damn.

Last edited:

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Power level above Beerus'!!!!

Still, somehow his arrogance manages to fuck himself over even in the manga. Vegito should have just used regular God form.

why did they have to revive frieza AGAIN!, gosh toriyama let the dude die in peace already.
Oh and did they really had to replace majin buu i was really excited to see him fight in his skinny form ;_;

Last edited:
why did they have to revive frieza AGAIN!, gosh toriyama let the dude die in epace already.
Oh and did they really had to replace majin buu i was really excited to see him fight in his skinny form ;_;
IMO if they wanted to resurrect someone, I'd have picked Cell instead (but I guess they didn't want to deal about having to draw his spot patterns consistently). Evil as he was, he had the least animosity towards the cast, not counting Buu.

Kinda funny poor Yamcha is still getting overlooked, in favor of Frieza of all things now. Yeah we all know Yamcha is pretty weak, but hey he still faced down Cell Jrs with the rest of them, he's potentially as strong as Tien or Roshi, and he's been a friend for much longer than most of the other recruits. Honestly I don't get what Frieza can really bring considering his modus operandi is to just destroy and kill, which are both no-nos for this tournament...also agree it would've been better to see Buu instead of apparently writing him out? I mean I guess the rules for this tournament can change depending on Zen-oh's whims, maybe Frieza will be able to start mass murdering in his golden form, assuming he doesn't burn up too much energy and ends up returning.

Deck Knight

Yamcha's Calling in Life is Baseball and the Wolf Fang Pitch.

He's not a good fighter and hasn't been at any point since DBZ.

Deck Knight

May I just say that Toriyama has managed to perfectly make me hate Frieza all over again, and that is awesome?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)