SM OU Drifblim is too fast [HO]

INTRODUCTION

Hi Smogon ! Let me introduce you the great, the wonderful, the magnifique Drifblim. With the new terrains which appeared in the 7th Gen, it's now possible for the pokemon with unburden to become faster as they enter in the battle. I tries something fun with drifblim, and the team works pretty well, but it really can be better, then don't hesitate to post your advice.

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS

I wanted to try an unburden pokemon with one of the different seed, even if Hawlucha is certainly the best, I wanted to try Drifblim which has some unexpected advantages, with its unique type and some move like Destiny Bond

Then I Chose Tapu-Koko to put the Electric terrain, and so support Driffblim, It also is the only tapu which can U-turn, which is really easier to pass the terrain to drifblim, or just to pivot.

I needed a strong wallbreaker to weaken the opponent's team and make easier the drifblim's sweep, and Kyure-Black whas my choice, this thing is really a beast, and the electric terrain is pretty helpful, making its fusion bolt really stronger.

After that I wanted a stealth rock setter, I chose Smeargle thanks to its ability to set up the Sticky Web, making Kyure-Black a Strong unstoppable beast, and also permit a better MU against some scarf like Tapu-koko or gren.

I had a sticky web setter and a spin blocker, Bisharp was the best defiant mon able to creeple defog users like Lati@s or Tapu-Fini.

Finaly, some pokemon like Greninja, tyranitar or heatran was huge threats for the team, Keldeo is here to deal with them and revenge kill some other mon.

THE TEAM

Magnifique 2.0 (Drifblim) (F) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics
- Phantom Force
- Destiny Bond

The star of the team, Electric Seed + Unburden is a strategy which has already been used with Hawlucha, and then I wanted to try it with this mon. Because of its 80BS attk only, Adamant nature is recommanded, but you can also play with Jolly nature to be faster than scarf gren.
Will-O-Wisp is a great support move which cripple mon like Landorus-T, Acrobatics is the primary stab with a power of 110 turn 1, which can 2HKO M-Venusaur or Tangrowth. Phantom Force is the only Ghost Type stab, and destiny Bond is a great move which allow Drifblim to take any other mon in its death.
A cool set which can allow Drifblim to sweep at the end of the party, but also support the team with WoW or Destiny Bond.

Cocorico (Tapu Koko) @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dazzling Gleam

Tapu Koko is a great pivot and RK, this is a classic set whith Thunderbolt and U-Turn. Hidden Power Fire is here to lure Scizor, Ferro, excadrill or Kartana, and dazzling gleam is a great stab to hit and lure Garchomp.

Ice-Crime (Kyurem-Black) @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Roost

A great wallbreaker, my best answer against stall, and a strong beast which can help the sweep of drifblim. Freeze Shock is able to OHKO mon like Ferro or Chansey, and fusion bolt under the electric terrain is a clean 2HKO against a lot of mon. Thanks to Teravolt, it's a huge threats to Mimikyu or M-Venusaur. Maybe I should put EarthPower instead of roost to have a better answer against Rotom-W

Zinzolin (Smeargle) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap/Spore
- Taunt

Also here a classic set. Sticky Web is main niche of smeargle, and a great support against other Hyper Offense team, Stealth Rock is one of the best move of the game and really helpfull for every team. Skill Swap to put the rock against M-Sableye, it can also help against mon like M-Mawile, depraving it of Huge Power. Spore is also a good option to prevent some pokemon from setting up like Zard X. Taunt is to prevent stealth rock and defog from the opponent.

Dr. House (Bisharp) (M) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Just here to creeple defog users, yup... But it also a great mon with priority and which benefits from the sticky web. Knock Off is the best stab which remove the opponent's item, Iron Head is the second stab great stab against fairy like Clefable or the tapu, Sucker Punch for priority et Swords Dance to set up.

MLP (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Stone Edge

Finaly, I Chose Scarf Keldeo because of Greninja, because of Pyrax and because of some scarf/set up mons. Hydro Pump and Secret Sword are the main stab Stone Edge allow it to RK Pyrax, and HP Electric is a good option to lure Azumarill, Mantine, Gyarados and Tapu Fini, and also benefits from the electric terrain.

CONCLUSION

To conclude, the team is pretty fun to use, so I hope you will have as much pleasure as me to use it. Enjoy !

IMPORTABLE: https://pastebin.com/2EY3JfK4

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)