SM Ubers Eurystheus' Labours

Introduction

Hera and Zeus quarreled at who would be the hero that would destroy all the monsters of the previous era, in order to establish the new age of the Twelve Olympians. Hera's favourite was Eurystheus, while Zeus picked Heracles as his champion. To find out who would be the one, it was decided that Eurystheus would ask Heracles to complete Twelve Labours; in this way, Heracles would be able to redeem himself after slaying his family, temporarily maddened by Hera.

The Team

Nemean Lion (Solgaleo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Full Metal Body
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpD / 32 Spe
Moves: Sunsteel Strike | Morning Sun | Toxic | Flare Blitz​

First off we have Solgaleo, He provides a xern check with good recover that can spread toxic for me while being immune to toxic itself. Baring a badly timed crit it always beats Zeoxern 1v1 and is fully healthy beats Geoxern as well, even if it took some chip damage it can still chunk it once putting it precipice blades range. Flare Blitz is there as the last move for things that absorb toxic and things we want to weaken for Xern like ferrothorn, scizor or magearna.

Stymphalian Bird (Yveltal) @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Spe
Moves: Foul Play | Roost | Sucker Punch | Taunt​

Next we have Yveltal which pairs very well with Solgaleo because it provides a ground, dark and ghost witch in and Solgeleo covers the ice and fairy weakness of Yveltal. This particular set give me some priority and is a great physical wall with reliable recovery. Taunt is required in certain games so I need to deal with missing toxic.

Cretan Bull (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Nature: Careful
EVs: 248 HP / 100 SpD / 160 Spe
Moves: Precipice Blades | Stone Edge | Lava Plume | Stealth Rock​

Here we have the S rank himself, providing me with a secondary Xern check, Ogre switch-in and stealth rocks, it's typing overlaps a bit with leo but still provide me with a few more resistances and immunities. Stone edge is for ho-oh and lava plume still does a good amount with a minus nature and allows me to fish for a burn.

Lernaean Hydra (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 212 Spe
Moves: Double-Edge | Roost | Defog | Dragon Dance​

At this point I want a defogger and a wall-breaker. This guy is super bulky on the physical side and double edge does a ton without any boosts and can make huge dents with only one dragon dance. Acts mainly as a Pdon and Ho-oh Check. He outspeeds the 328 tier, has 248 hp to make himself more tanky and the rest is investing in attack.

Xanthos (Arceus-Water) @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Moves: Ice Beam | Toxic | Judgment | Recover​

Next we have a shiny (Or Yellow) arceus-water that does a lot. It can beat a huge chunk of the metagame 1v1 any since I have plenty of other physical defense check in back I don't always have the responsibility of keeping this guy healthy. It's very bulky, give me reliable recovery on a fourth pokemon ice beam in great for several common dragons while judgement stab hits a lot of things that take toxic and ice beam well for neutral damage.

Cerynian Hind (Xerneas) @ Fairium Z
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Moves: Geomancy | Ingrain | Rest | Moonblast​

Xerneas closes of this team as a strong special sweeper. I give me and win condition and a Z-Geo set allows it to also act defensively if it needs too. It also gives me a much needed yveltal check.

Conclusion

Over all this has been one of most reliable teams since getting back into Ubers month ago, offense teams the are heavy on the physical side rarely make this team crumble and it's able to effectively wear down balance and bulky offense teams while keeping itself healthy. Hardest match up is stall but we have ways of breaking it if you can get salamence or xern in at a good position.

Nemean Lion (Solgaleo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Full Metal Body
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpD / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun
- Toxic
- Flare Blitz

Stymphalian Bird (Yveltal) @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Cretan Bull (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 100 SpD / 160 Spe
Careful Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock

Lernaean Hydra (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Defog
- Dragon Dance

Xanthos (Arceus-Water) @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Judgment
- Recover

Cerynian Hind (Xerneas) @ Fairium Z
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Geomancy
- Ingrain
- Rest
- Moonblast

Last edited:
Honestly, what rank did you get with this?

Solgaleo-You're saying you rely on a crit to beat ZGeo Xern and it's problably true since he will Moonblast it until he is in range of sweep and you lost. I'd reccomend using Max atk(natures are based of % so addamant is useless, you'll 3KO anyway) and max HP/SPDef and try expert belt... it works, especially with EQ predicts on Groudon or Stone Edges on HoOh.

Yveltal-looks good although Taunt won't save you from stall so i'd use toxic or knock off(better vs stall)

Groudon-I don't and never will like Groudon since to me he is useless due to his lack of recovery(stall) and speed(offense), and this looks a semi-stall, all your mons have recovery and your Groudon is the one who will make you lose a lot because he is taking an HoOh Spot but changing him would change the whole team so... nvm, just use more SPDef. You didn't explain why did you waste so much on speed EV's.

Salamence- I'd say use 248 HP 132 Def 124 speed Impish and the moves are ok though i don't like defog.
You could try Facade/Refresh-DoubleEdge-Roost-DragonDance and change defog to Waterceus instead of Judge.

Arceus- Yeah without Judge you can't hit steel but you don't need it when you have Ho-Oh Groudon. GRoudon doesn't recover(unless you get Rest) so you need to get advantage in a few turns and save Waterceus at the same time before Groudon dies. I like this type EV's a lot though.

Xerneas- Perfection in Pokemon, ban this shit, after Moonblasting a bit you can get in range of sweep, just care for Magearna, be sure she is under 36% before ZGeo(she problably won't switch in at that HP)
+3 0 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Magearna: 140-165 (38.4 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

I rate 4/10 mainly because of that Solgaleo...

Don't be angry, it's my OWN opinion only. Hope you understand.

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
Solgaleo: Imo Solgaleo is only good as a xern check if you have another strong priority user on your team to finish it off (since non-banded or non-z move Sunsteel Strike doesn't OHKO it). Therefore I wouldnt use it on this team since you dont have any priority options.

Yveltal: So I think Yveltal does fit on this team since it checks a lot of ghost types that threaten you. However I wouldnt recommend the physically defensive set since that's more of a niche set used on teams weak to physical setup mons (and since you already have Waterceus and Mega Mence I don't think you need it). I would switch it to the regular offensive set.

Primal Groudon: I would switch this to a defensive set, with 252 HP/252+ Spd, sassy nature, Stealth Rocks/Precipice Blades/Lava Plume/Roar. On this team I would say that Pdon's role is setting rocks and acting as a defensive switch in for mons like Pogre and steel-types. Lava plume hits steel types (fuck ferrothorn) and anything that resists or is immune to Pblades.

Mega Salamence: I've never heard of Defog Mence up until this gen, and while I haven't used it myself I don't think it's a viable set. I would switch Defog to Facade.

Waterceus: This is another set that's popular with this gen but I don't understand why. Waterceus should be used to check defensive pdon, ho-oh, and mega salamence. Ice Beam/Toxic/Defog/Recover is much more viable and utilises Waterceus' strengths better. It also gives you the hazard support you need.

Xerneas: I think Zeomancy Xern works for this team since Waterceus does a great job at removing its checks.

Changes: Overall the team is pretty good, it checks off the important things needed for a good Ubers team. The only change I would make other than to the sets is switching Solgaleo to Magearna. Magearna serves as a much, much better Xern check while also acting as a check to Yveltal (that way Xern doesn't have to focus on anything but sweeping).

Honestly, what rank did you get with this?

Solgaleo-You're saying you rely on a crit to beat ZGeo Xern and it's problably true since he will Moonblast it until he is in range of sweep and you lost. I'd reccomend using Max atk(natures are based of % so addamant is useless, you'll 3KO anyway) and max HP/SPDef and try expert belt... it works, especially with EQ predicts on Groudon or Stone Edges on HoOh.

Yveltal-looks good although Taunt won't save you from stall so i'd use toxic or knock off(better vs stall)

Groudon-I don't and never will like Groudon since to me he is useless due to his lack of recovery(stall) and speed(offense), and this looks a semi-stall, all your mons have recovery and your Groudon is the one who will make you lose a lot because he is taking an HoOh Spot but changing him would change the whole team so... nvm, just use more SPDef. You didn't explain why did you waste so much on speed EV's.

Salamence- I'd say use 248 HP 132 Def 124 speed Impish and the moves are ok though i don't like defog.
You could try Facade/Refresh-DoubleEdge-Roost-DragonDance and change defog to Waterceus instead of Judge.

Arceus- Yeah without Judge you can't hit steel but you don't need it when you have Ho-Oh Groudon. GRoudon doesn't recover(unless you get Rest) so you need to get advantage in a few turns and save Waterceus at the same time before Groudon dies. I like this type EV's a lot though.

Xerneas- Perfection in Pokemon, ban this shit, after Moonblasting a bit you can get in range of sweep, just care for Magearna, be sure she is under 36% before ZGeo(she problably won't switch in at that HP)
+3 0 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Magearna: 140-165 (38.4 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

I rate 4/10 mainly because of that Solgaleo...

Don't be angry, it's my OWN opinion only. Hope you understand.
Been in top 100 several times with it. I think you misread solgealeo, I beat xern unless I'm not healthy or he crits me, not the other way around. Knock off is actually interesting so I'll be thinking about that thanks. Just because I have good recovery on many mons doesn't require the me to have the same on all mons, primal groudon helps versus many things and is less susceptible to rocks. Ho-oh would also give me 3 rock weaknesses which is crazy. Pdon always can get up rocks ho-oh could not. I've tested with a more typical salamence and defog waterceus but in practice I've found myself missing judgement more then facade.

Solgaleo: Imo Solgaleo is only good as a xern check if you have another strong priority user on your team to finish it off (since non-banded or non-z move Sunsteel Strike doesn't OHKO it). Therefore I wouldnt use it on this team since you dont have any priority options.

Yveltal: So I think Yveltal does fit on this team since it checks a lot of ghost types that threaten you. However I wouldnt recommend the physically defensive set since that's more of a niche set used on teams weak to physical setup mons (and since you already have Waterceus and Mega Mence I don't think you need it). I would switch it to the regular offensive set.

Primal Groudon: I would switch this to a defensive set, with 252 HP/252+ Spd, sassy nature, Stealth Rocks/Precipice Blades/Lava Plume/Roar. On this team I would say that Pdon's role is setting rocks and acting as a defensive switch in for mons like Pogre and steel-types. Lava plume hits steel types (fuck ferrothorn) and anything that resists or is immune to Pblades.

Mega Salamence: I've never heard of Defog Mence up until this gen, and while I haven't used it myself I don't think it's a viable set. I would switch Defog to Facade.

Waterceus: This is another set that's popular with this gen but I don't understand why. Waterceus should be used to check defensive pdon, ho-oh, and mega salamence. Ice Beam/Toxic/Defog/Recover is much more viable and utilises Waterceus' strengths better. It also gives you the hazard support you need.

Xerneas: I think Zeomancy Xern works for this team since Waterceus does a great job at removing its checks.

Changes: Overall the team is pretty good, it checks off the important things needed for a good Ubers team. The only change I would make other than to the sets is switching Solgaleo to Magearna. Magearna serves as a much, much better Xern check while also acting as a check to Yveltal (that way Xern doesn't have to focus on anything but sweeping).
Offensive Yveltal is interesting, especially one with knock off for opposing chansey so I'll try that. I'll also do some testing with Magearna.

Been in top 100 several times with it. I think you misread solgealeo, I beat xern unless I'm not healthy or he crits me, not the other way around.
I did misread but i'd still recommend using expert belt or band or more attack evs in genereal so you cant beat him any case. About Groudon it fits way better in this team than Ho-Oh but it's what i said, you'd have to change the whole team to get Ho-Oh wich is a Nuke with free regen on this semistall, wich is perfect since Stall+Nukes is the most broken shit imo(Band HoOh, ZGeo Xerneas, Band Solgaleo, etc.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)