Event Discussion

By the way, since the Ash Hat Pikachu distribution is starting soon with the movie presale tickets, what's the one Pikachu that people would like to have? Since it's gonna be in a regular Pokeball (and not a Cherish Ball like the shiny Tapu Koko), I'll be able to clone and distribute it if there's a lot of interest for collection purposes. I (almost) definitely won't be paying to get all six, though.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
By the way, since the Ash Hat Pikachu distribution is starting soon with the movie presale tickets, what's the one Pikachu that people would like to have? Since it's gonna be in a regular Pokeball (and not a Cherish Ball like the shiny Tapu Koko), I'll be able to clone and distribute it if there's a lot of interest for collection purposes. I (almost) definitely won't be paying to get all six, though.
Original Hat will be the most popular, hands down. Second maybe Kalos Hat since a lot of people liked that saga. The others are a toss up, like maybe Alola Hat will be third just because it's the newest series and is so far well liked. I can see Unova probably being the least favorite since its probably considered the worst saga.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Seems like we are having another short generation then.
That or they'll do something else like focus on the Ultra Beasts, especially if Stars introduce a few more (and maybe have one event only). They've introduced new forms (including Mega Evos), Moves, and Abilities, they're just inches away of just introducing new Pokemon mid generation.

And then if they do a Sinnoh Remake we'll have something for Arceus, even if its just a Mega or exclusive Z-Move.

With the short (and somewhat lacking IMO) post-game, I have my hopes up for a new game somewhat soon. Wouldn't mind a remake though, I skipped generations 2 through 5.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So... they reveal every Pokémon within five months, now? Sun and Moon were released in November 2016, here we are with the whole dex made official in April 2017. By contrast, Gen VI premiered in October 2013, and Volcanion was revealed in December 2015 - 26 months later.

This is weird.

Would it count as wishlisting to say that this could possibly hint towards Game Freak moving towards update patches to put new Pokémon in? ORAS seems to me like a prototype for that; given they went all-out and had Megas, Primals and even entire moves that were completely inaccessible to XY - and all of these were given huge marketing. It kinda feels like they were testing the waters to see how much backlash (if any significant amount) they'd get for adding things to the games via updates by having significant content one game could get and another could not.

Then again, Bank came and went with no National Dex update for SM...

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The problem with update patches is that it's a huge hassle compared to just pre-loading everything on the cart. Okay, the fans can't reveal the existence of event Pokémon years in advance, but that's a very marginal advantage compared to the logistical difficulties (and the financial impact of keeping event Pokémon under wraps is negligible anyway). And if they were planning to do this, why pre-load Marshadow and Magearna-O?

Besides, why would they want to add content to already-purchased games when the "release it again with more content, sell for full price" model has proven so succesful for so long? It would also imply that the players would have to restart their game (deleting their existing saves) to enjoy the story with all the new content.

I think Sun and Moon will receive just as many updates as XY did when ORAS came out. That is, none whatsoever. Game Freak designs for forwards compatibility, not backwards.

Hey Game Freak, can you please get Shiny Tapu Koko outside of Asia, please? kthnxbai

...I'm sorry, I just really want Shiny Tapu Koko. It just looks so cool!

If there isn't anything special about them than there's no point to the event. Not saying there will be, GF had done that before and it was as pointless than as it would be now.
They had a Bewear distribution (it might still be going on) a few weeks ago and there wasn't anything too special about it apart from it being in a Cherish Ball and holding a Binding Band.

They had a Bewear distribution (it might still be going on) a few weeks ago and there wasn't anything too special about it apart from it being in a Cherish Ball and holding a Binding Band.
Even something like "These Eeveelution's have been hyper-trained to their maximum effliency!" or have them be holding a gold bottle cap or some such.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Like I said, I know they've given away Pokemon with nothing special about them before (aside from being in a Cherish Ball, which honestly who cares). I just don't understand why. Like wasn't this the reason you created those special Event Moves that do nothing? So that you can give these Pokemon something "special" without it being a normal move they couldn't learn? At the very least give them an Egg Move, their Hidden Ability, have them be Shiny, or as Dreamox said have them holding something that would make me mildly interested in it.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
The first of the Cap Pikachu events started in Japan... and it's Hoenn Cap Pikachu. Huh, weird. The only reason I can think them doing this is so they can have Original Cap Pikachu be released when the movie does (this is for the prebook tickets). Anyway, Hoenn Cap Pikachu is the one holding the Pikashunium Z.

Also for the Guardians Rising TCG they have released a Lycanroc Midnight store event.

In the UK it's via GAME starting May 5th.
In France it's via Micromania from May 13th to June 12th.
In Spain it's via GAME starting May 5th.
In Italy it's via GameStop starting May 5th.

This Lycanroc has its Hidden Ability, No Guard, and knows Stone Edge (Level), Swords Dance (TM), Fire Fang (Egg Move), & Sucker Punch (Egg Move). It's also holding a Life Orb. So yeah, a bit special, surprisingly.

The Lycanroc is actually "battle-ready", provided you SR/Bottle Cap for Nature and IVs. It's not Shiny Koko or Ash-Pikachu, but that's not a terrible event by any stretch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)