• Other

Votes: 25 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you chose other, please state the Pokemon. Posts including why you picked a Pokemon are encouraged.

Dratini rule. After an agility he outsppeds everything, then can hit hard with unresisted coverage from both sides of the spectrum.

i love sweeping with Elekid.having priority(quick attack) is always nice.Elekid also has some good coverage with electric/ice/fighting.has a good attack and decent speed to take advantage of it.

Dratini ownes :D
voted for Dratini!

In Heartgold and Soulsilver it has a new competitive move, extremspeed.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I personally don't see the hype about Dratini. Agility sets are done better by Chinchou and Mantyke, DD sets are done better by Bagon. Extremespeed might be cool for a simple LO sweeper set, but Dratini has always been simply underwhelming as far as I'm concerned.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Surprised by the lack of Mantyke/Chin votes, sure agilitini is fun.. but I always find Mantyke and Chinchou much more threatening set up sweepers. Gligar is also much more in competition with Tini as they are both mainly physical. From a non set up side, Elekid and Missy are those that sweep most often in my experience.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Gligar is obviously the best of the bunch. Access to Swords Dance, Rock Polish, and prioity means it can run about 783 different sets and still be extremely effective.

My favorite though is Staryu. No priority hurts it, but a LO hit from Staryu can put a dent in pretty much everything. Plus it has the greatest cry (from the anime.)

I'm quite surprised you didn't include one of the best, if not the "best" sweeper in LC: Machop. ScarfChop is honestly the best sweeper, with use of the MunchChop strategy all ghosts will be out of the way and then its easy pickings with DynamicPunch. It's especially good because it severely maims everything that it hits, even Gligar, with its strong BP and confusion (especially the latter). It's also too bulky to be taken out by priority, especially without a weakness to any type of priority.

For what's on the list...I'd say Missy. SubSneak Missy takes at least 1-2 Pokemon out every match, and if it gets a Sub then it will take out more. Only having like 2 real counters is a big plus too. Missy is better then Gligar by all means.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm quite surprised you didn't include one of the best, if not the "best" sweeper in LC: Machop. ScarfChop is honestly the best sweeper, with use of the MunchChop strategy all ghosts will be out of the way and then its easy pickings with DynamicPunch. It's especially good because it severely maims everything that it hits, even Gligar, with its strong BP and confusion (especially the latter). It's also too bulky to be taken out by priority, especially without a weakness to any type of priority.

For what's on the list...I'd say Missy. SubSneak Missy takes at least 1-2 Pokemon out every match, and if it gets a Sub then it will take out more. Only having like 2 real counters is a big plus too. Missy is better then Gligar by all means.
derp. I KNEW I was forgetting a few. I should have added Machop, Abra and Crani to the list, but oh well.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If I could pick 3 pokemon, i would choose elekid, gligar, and kabuto, in that order.

Elekid is the only real sweeper of the 20 speeders, getting super effective hits on pretty much everything, able to avoid sucker punches from slower Croagunk and Houndour because of QA; it really does sweep teams, which is something that not a whole lot of pokemon can do. It is also the best revenge killer of non speed boosting Gligar, as Ice Punch OHKOs easily. Because of the prevalence of Gligar and other pokemon that Elekid outspeeds, Elekid is possibly the most useful pokemon in Little Cup.

Gligar is the best at the following things:
The best user of SD
The best user of Agility/Rock Polish
The best physical wall
The best baton passer
The best baton pass target
The best user of Stealth Rock

While a lot of this is debatable, it can do all of these things incredibly well. However, it can only do a couple of things in each set. This is a problem for both your opponent and you, as you cannot do everything with Gligar, so you have to choose four movess to put on your Gligar, and your opponent cannot possibly have a reasonable counter to everything.

Every team is Gligar weak in some way, whether it be a defensive team that loses to SD versions, or a team that is usually fine with Gligar, but when it passes +2 Speed and +2 Attack to Magby, now you've got another threat to deal with. weakness and Gligar can pass speed and attack to it. Many offensive teams are mostly beaten by the RP set, and physically offensive teams will have trouble getting past Gligar as a physical wall, even if they have Ice attacks, as Roost halves the amount of damage taken from them, as well as healing itself.

Gligar's only real downside is that since it reaches 19 speed, it speed ties with pretty much everything worth mentioning.

Now is when i give a shout out to Kabuto, who, with the correct support, can easily eliminate 2 to 3 members of the opposing team. Once rain is going, it's only real "counter" is Croagunk with Vacuum Wave, which is not uncommon, and why Kabuto isn't more used.

I would like to take a moment to point out how viable rain based teams are in LC, mainly because there is no Tyranitar to get rid of rain, and the only weather changers are easily taken care of by Kabuto. Hippopotas and Snover are still outsped when it's hailing. Snover, if it isn't KOed, will at least take a large chunk of damage from Kabuto's Rock Slide, and Hippopotas will be OHKOed by Waterfall. In the rain, Waterfall is a OHKO on Gligar and Misdreavus, the two most common pokemon in Little Cup, assuming Stealth Rock is in play. If you can catch Croagunk on the switch-in, Rock Slide is a OHKO (I believe).

Throughout all of this, I haven't said a word about Kabuto's greatest asset, STAB priority that is boosted in the rain: Aqua Jet. Anybody who know anything at all about Little Cup will tell you just how important it is to have a fair amount of powerful priority attacks on a team. Aqua Jet and Swift Swim allow Kabuto to get the first attack on your opponent almost always, and has the attack to back it up.

The only downside of Kabuto is that if the rain stops, it's speed drops and its a bit of a sitting duck.

So there's my 2 cents, I voted Elekid, if anyone is wondering, because in today's metagame, it's the most useful sweeper in LC.

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I actually like Eevee due to Adaptability. High Speed means you can easily Sub down to a Salac, and unleash 150 BP "super-effective (due to Adaptability)" Flails. Once something fast gets in, smack it with Adaptability QA, taking a chunk out of most things. Bite handles Gastly and Missy, although if Scarfed Eevee won't win.

In the short time I've played LC while being tutored by Addie/Katherine/Colloquy, I used Misdreavus and found it quite useful. SubCM tore through everything short of Munchlax. I also liked using Staryu, as it was fast and versatile, but it wasn't on the list.

Elekid, obviously. DRatini really shouldn't be there imo. It is only really getting noticed because of e-speed, but dratini can't really afford to give up the moveslot. It has plenty of ways to gain speed.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
My god Gible and Misdreavus are my favorite. Gible with sandstorm is insane, Misdreavus is just broken and always fun to use.

Altair

just who is the coon?
Drifloon is pretty much the best late-game sweeper in the game hands down. If Hypnosis hits, then it is pretty much gg.

If I had a second choice I would pick Gligar though.

Why is Dratini up there? The only somewhat-effective set is the SashAgility, and that gets raped by a priority-filled metagame.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Im very original. My favorite sweeper by far has to be Sub LO Abra. You dont have any idea of how much damage an Abra can do behind a sub once you get rid of opponent's Munchlax/Bronzor. Sub is especially good because of all the sucker punchers in this metagame, has saved me more than 15 times, not even exagerating.

Psychic + Energy Ball + HP Fighting is basically everything you need to do a tremendous sweep with few things standing a chance to take you on.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As surprising as it seems to most LC regs, my favorite has got to be agilityke and not just cause i wrote about him :P. After a boost tyke is really a fucking beast with hydro pump, ice beam, and a coverage move. Plus he's just so darn cute.

I voted Croagunk for several reasons. It gets access to a ton of priority and boosting moves, and its Water immune is really awesome in a metagame filled with Water moves. Its other resistances are not bad either, so although it really isn't meant to be taking hits anyways, your sweep could run a little longer than some Pokemon with major weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)