Friendly Competition/Discord Party!

salamence vs blaziken PGL mockup.png

>>SIGN UP HERE<<
(log in to to the PGL before clicking)
May 13 8PM - May 14 7:59PM (EDT)

Hey everyone, this gen has brought a cool new feature on the PGL, friendly competitions. This is going to be the first one hosted here on the Battle Spot forum and will follow standard Battle Spot Singles rules, bring 6 pick 3 and special/event legendaries are banned. The winner will receive a special role on our discord. Not much besides pride is on the line here, so we encourage you to join if you're looking for an avenue to practice or just to have some fun.

We'll also be having a discord party during the competition! There'll be a new channel in the Battle Spot discord to chat with other players. We encourage you to come hang out and have a good time. Hope to see you there!

The competition will start Saturday, May 13th at 8PM EDT(GMT-4) and ends on Sunday the 14th at 7:59PM EDT. Sign-ups for the competition are already up at the link above. Read below if you have any questions about the rules of the format, signing up, or competing.

BSS Rules
  • Matches will be played in the Singles format
  • Pokemon above level 50 will be brought down to level 50. Pokemon below level 50 stay as is.
  • Players pick 3 of their 6 Pokemon at team preview.
  • Symbol Clause: A Pokemon cannot have a set that can only be obtained from Generation 5 games and before (i.e. no <6th gen exclusive tutor/event moves or abilities).
  • Species Clause: No two Pokemon in the same team can have the same National Pokedex number.
  • Item Clause: No two Pokemon in the same team can hold the same item.
The following Pokémon are banned (all forms):
  • Mewtwo
  • Mew
  • Lugia
  • Ho-oh
  • Celebi
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Jirachi
  • Deoxys
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Giratina
  • Phione
  • Manaphy
  • Darkrai
  • Shaymin
  • Arceus
  • Victini
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Kyurem
  • Keldeo
  • Meloetta
  • Genesect
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Zygarde
  • Diancie
  • Hoopa
  • Volcanion
  • Cosmog
  • Cosmoem
  • Solgaleo
  • Lunala
  • Necrozma
  • Magearna
  • Marshadow
  • Greninja (Battle Bond form only)

How to sign up for a Friendly Competition:

Step 1: Sign in to your PGL account, go to the >PGL page of the competition< and click 'Confirm' at the bottom of the page.

Step 2: Once the competition starts, go to Festival Plaza in Sun/Moon and click 'Battle', then 'Visit the Battle Spot', then 'Friendly Competition'.

Step 3: Go back to the >PGL page of the competition< and scan the QR code with your 3DS camera. Then pick your team and you're ready to play! NOTE: Your team will be locked in once you start playing so make sure you have all the right moves and items.

Last edited:

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh wow despite only having time to play 5 matches I got #4 o_O

Hopefully I'll be able to play more next time! Just gotta pray that the next one wont be anywhere from June 4th-June 11th or else I'll be in the Adirondacks wishing I could play lol.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If I had known how low the scores would've been, I wouldn't have quit so early to be honest. Oh well.

not bad though I beat a famous person :pimp:

(wonder why it says we are all from Japan though?)

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Had a bunch of good games! Shame I couldn't play day 2, but judging from the scores I probably should've stopped sooner anyway; could've been in the #5 slot, but I hit a bit of a losing streak after the first few matches. But still, I'm happy with where I placed, especially since my team was pretty much just 6 boxed mons thrown together.

Capture.PNG

Also Hulavuta I'm definitely bringing Qwilfish rain next time. Can't be having Mega Swampert hog all the glory. :pimp:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)