Game of Thrones [thronies rejoice! XD]

season final will be epic the actors said.

carefully with these spoilers season final, not confirmed yet but likewise

- Cersei Burning down The Great Sept Of Balerion or The entire city. Everyone dies. The Queen Margaery, Loras Tyrell, Mace Tyrell, Kevan Lannister, Lance, The High Sparrow, Septa Unella. Tommen who was at the Red Keeping notices the explosion and kill himself by jumping out his window and dies, tragic. Little birds kills Qyburn and/or Pycelle.
Cersei and The Mountain probably dies too not sure.

- Arya kills Walder Frey.

- Tower of Joy scene. There he sees Lyanna whisper something to Ned (we can't her it) then a baby.

- New alliance: House Targaryen (Varys), House Tyrell (Olenna) and House Martell (Ellaria).

- Dany sets sail for Westeros finally.

- With the support of Tormund, Davos, Lyanna Mormont, etc. Jon is named Warden of the North.

I'll hate this episode. I hope I'm wrong.
:pirate:

Last edited:
If you go back and watch Bran's visions in episode 6, one of those is the wildfire going off underground. Unless wildfire has gone off sometime in the past, it could indicate that Cersei will burn down kings landing. I wish the ending would be the night king taking down the wall but I think I am a season too early

So Gendry's gonna pick up Arya and take her to Winterfell this week right? He's been rowing that little boat for like 3 seasons now, plenty of time to make it to Bravos, and since they've decided to play it loose with their compression of time and distance this season, I bet they can make it to Winterfell by the end of the episode.

edit: His arms must be jacked by now

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
in the books, likely the only two people who knew what went down in the ToJ are Ned Stark and Howland Reed, but I doubt they would introduce Reed in this episode just for him to spill the secret. However, Ned was close enough to Jon Arryn, who in turn was close to Littlefinger, so it is plausible for him to also know whatever secret Ned had been hiding. It wouldn't be the best writing, but LF has been shown to know basically everything in the show so I don't doubt him knowing would be a possibility. Since it's pretty much inevitable that they'll wrap up the ToJ scene next episode (next year is too far away :pirate:) and the only way it will be important to the story is if someone other than Bran knows about it, it's gotta get to Jon somehow!
If you go back and watch the scene where Sansa and Littlefinger talk about Rhaegar and Lyanna in the Stark crypt, you'll see Littlefinger having a very interesting reaction when Sansa talks about Lyanna being raped.

Some serious shiiiit went down in the season finale:

-lol green stuff blew up everybody
-Gravity: 1, Tommen: 0
-that nun got shit on by Gregor
-Sam don't care about wife+kids anymore, only books
-Tyrell+Dorne+Greyjoy+Unsullied+Dothraki power team RIP 7 kingdoms
-Red witch got roasted for roasting that princess
-Winter is Here
-Littlefinger tryin to get Sansa lol, isn't this the 4th time she's either been married or engaged?
-RIP Tyrion; hands of the king/queen dont last too long amirite
-Eew person pie
-lol arya killed Lord Frey in the best way possible
-R+L=J CONFIRMED
-Lady Mormont is a badass lolololol
-THE KING IN THE NORTH
-Long may she reign
-Jamie's like: "WTF did u do while I was gone cersei?!?"
-2manyships4westeros
-Prepare to get rekt 7 kingdoms

How many more seasons do you guys think there will be until the end
Also who's gna win the Game of Thrones :o

Unnecessary :pirate:

Cersei reign will be one of the shorter ones in GoT, so many enemies now but Cersei doesn't play the long game so yeah she is pretty much fucked. Danny/LF are next to sit in the throne. Looks like she wanted the power in the end.

Last edited:

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
The Lannisters are so fucked next season
rip natalie dormer sexiest GoT actress that ever existed
so happy about tommen's death though bitch took the bitch way out

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Expected almost everything that happened in the episode, but it was still fucking awesome!

I don't remember how the entire prophecy thing was spelled out for Cersei in the show, so this might be more of a book thing.

Well now that all three of her children are dead, time for the Valonqar ("Little brother"). Based off that final shot of the coronation scene, and the just GRRM storytelling in general, definitely think we're gonna see Valonqar be Jaime instead of Tyrion. It's what Cersei deserves.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
god damn that was a sick episode

R+L=J being confirmed is interesting. i wonder how bran dani and jon are all going to interact once they all find out who each person is.

also bets on bran actually being bran the builder and/or azor ahai / the lord of light?

fuck man now we wait 8 months ugh

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I always liked the idea that the Starks were the 7. I know the Starks are of the North and believe in the Old Gods, but I thought it worked well.

Ned = The Father
Cat = The Mother
Rob = The Warrior
Sansa = The Maiden
Bran = The Crone
Arya = The Stranger
Rickon = The Smith

I mean, the theory is shot down now because it's hard for Rickon to rebuild the Stark name when he's dead.

Oh my god. Oh my good grief. This is my favourite episode of Season 6 by quite some distance.

1. The first 20 or so minutes of this episode may well be my favourite scene in the entirety of Game of Thrones. Starting off with the piano, you know shit's gonna go down - the piano hasn't been used for a GoT score before, and at first seems jarring since pianos didn't exist in the era GoT is visualising, n so a disconcerting tone is created almost immediately - there's a looming sense of dread but you have no idea what's about to happen. High Sparrow's pride was his falling, too power-hungry to concede evacuation of the Septon.

The buildup was exquisite - from the choir and organs to Lancel's slow, doomed crawl to Margaery's increasing panic, it had me on the edge of my seat.

One thing that really hit me hard emotionally was Margaery's death. I was praying for her to get out - but hopefully this proves that plot armour means nothing on GoT - we hadn't finished with her arc. Instead it was cut short by Cersei, reminiscent of her words to Littlefinger, 'power is power'. For all of Margaery's trickery and mind games, no manner of intelligence can prevent death by wildfyre. But still, this is the hardest a death has hit me on the show, which I know sounds weird, but Natalie Dormer was excellent as Margaery and really sold her desperation during her final moments. The saddest thing was that her character, despite being manipulative, was good-hearted. She cared about her family, right until the end, and she knew what was up but still couldn't stop it. She didn't deserve this. But GoT doesn't care about fairness, and I should've learned that by now. I love how the difference between High Sparrow and Margaery was shown: she was willing to drop her act in order to save herself but High Sparrow couldn't bring himself to accept that something was wrong (or heck, was too proud to let everyone out of the Septon despite knowing that something was wrong).

2. Tommen's death was inevitable but unexpected in the fact that it was suicide. It makes complete sense tho - Tommen finally makes a decision for himself after being manipulated continuously by others. He was a stupid boy, but most importantly, a boy, and so his actions leading to the Wildfyre explosion are more than forgivable.

3. Such a satisfying episode, and Walder Frey's death epitomises that, while also bearing the underlying sense that Arya isn't the complete protagonist we want her to be. She may be becoming too psychopathic for that - feeding Walder his two sons baked into a pie is some fucked up shit.

4. Holy shit that R+L=J transition into Jon Snow was incredible and never fails to give me goosebumps (I've seen it about 10 times).

5. Seeing Dany's fleet was epic, and accompanied by the Greyjoy-Targaeryen-Dragons theme, marks a fitting, hopeful end to Season 6. The wall didn't come down this episode, but I'm sure it will soon, and it's all but confirmed that Bran's mark will be the reason why (Note Benjen expositioning that the wall also involves magic to ward away the Whitewalkers, as a nifty foreshadowing for the audience). Also, Dany vs Euron naval battle hype??

If I were to rank the episodes this season:

1. S6E10 - The Winds of Winter
2. S6E2 - Home
=2. S6E9 - Battle of the Bastards
4. S6E4 - Book of the Stranger
5. S6E7 - The Broken Man
6. S6E5 - The Door
7. S6E3 - Oathbreaker
8. S6E6 - Blood of My Blood
9. S6E1 - The Red Woman
10. S6E8 - No One

With my Top 5 scenes being:

1. Wildfyre Explosion and buildup
2. Dany burns the Dothraki leaders
3. Jon charging at Ramsay after Rickon dies
4. Hodor holds the door
4. Dany attacks master's ships
5. The reveal of the Hound

Last edited:

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah these events haven't all been happening concurrently. e.g Olenna Tyrell already knew about the explosion when we saw her in Dorne. All this is just leading up to the perfect storm for Daenerys but still everyone not in The North is so unaware...

how did varys get back from dorne in time to be on the ship wtf?
"The timelines between the various storylines don’t necessarily line up within a given episode. For instance, the ‘Northern Tour’ Jon and Sansa embark on would probably take a couple weeks, but Arya’s storyline over the past few episodes only spans a few days. We realized a while ago that if we tied ourselves in knots trying to make all the ‘story days’ line up between all the characters the momentum would suffer."
-Brian Cogman, staff writer

But yeah, we got ninja'd by Varys right there.

I found it hard to really get invested in the King's Landing storyline all season.
It seems really dramatic things are happening all over the world, while cercei played petty politics with the church (which has never had much power). The story didn't seem to have any impact on the North, or Daenerys, nor the riverlands, which all appeared far more entertaining.

I found it hard to really get invested in the King's Landing storyline all season.
It seems really dramatic things are happening all over the world, while cercei played petty politics with the church (which has never had much power). The story didn't seem to have any impact on the North, or Daenerys, nor the riverlands, which all appeared far more entertaining.
The political move was for the crown. Too bad Cersei wasn't there to hear Tywin's speech about crowns and the power they give

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)