Gen 4semi-baton pass team

I am double battling a friend in March (we do this each year with a new team) and here is my plan so far. Keep in mind that I am not planning on using any moves that would hit my own team in the process (Ex. Surf, Earthquake)

Flygon (Toxic Stall)
Adamant
W/ Leftovers
-Dig
-Fly
-U-Turn
-Toxic

The point of flygon is to use toxic, and then evade the other team as much as possible so they can wear down.

Vaporeon (baton passer)
Bold
Need Item Suggestion
-Baton Pass
-Aqua Ring
-Substitute
-Water Pulse

He is there to baton pass Aqua Ring and a substitute if it stays up long enough.

Umbreon (baton passer)
Relaxed
Need Item Suggestion
-Baton Pass
-Wish
-Mean Look
-Payback

Umbreon is used for mean look and to baton pass wish, he has payback because even with a base 65 Attack stat it packs a hit with STAB and his nature will make him last most of the time.

Feraligatr (physical sweeper)
Jolly
Need Item Suggestion
-Ice Punch
-Waterfall
-Dig
-Crunch

His moveset is self explanatory, he is an attempt at a decent physical sweeper.

Arcanine (physical sweeper)
Jolly
Need Item Suggestion

-Flare Blitz
-Extreme Speed
-Crunch
-Morning Sun

The main thing I would like to know about him is if I need a Jolly nature or if I should aim towards Adamant.

Sceptile (mixed sweeper)
Adamant
Big Root
-Drain Punch
-Leaf Blade
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Storm

I usually see him as a purely special attacker, so I thought seeing him as physical would be pretty cool.

So yeah, that is my team (so far) I noticed that it is pretty much all physical attackers except for two moves, so I really need help on this one. I'm not sure about the Sceptile and the Feraligatr, so that is where I am really open to suggestions, but I really like the rest of the team.

I don't play doubles, but i play a lot of competitive singles and i can give you some suggestions.

Doubles play is usually fast paced, and i dont see how toxic stall is going to do well. attacking is usually a better option. An alternative is burning the opponent, which, if they keep switching, will wear them down faster AND weaken their physical attacks.

Sceptile doesn't need Leaf Storm if he's physical, especially since Adamant lowers the special attack stat.

Also, there are a lot of good 4th generation pokemon and it seems odd that you're not using a single one. Infernape and Heatran both do Arcanine's job better, for example.

Also, a VERY useful move in doubles is PROTECT. For example, if you can predict that both opponent Pokemon are going to attack one of your Pokemon, simply use Protect. If your Pokemon using Protect DOES get attacked, both of the opponents basically do nothing while your other partner gets to do some stuff. If ever a move is not doing it for you, simply change it to Protect. You can't go wrong.

I see Flygon being more offensive in doubles, since Earthquake hits all Pokemon. You could, again, use Protect to have your own Pokemon avoid it, or get some more levitating/flying Pokemon.

You should try getting a steel type somewhere on the team, since at the moment nothing resists Dragon-type moves on your team. Speaking of which, Flygon should try using Dragon-type moves, like Outrage and Dragon Claw. I'm not sure I would use Toxic. Also, Fly seems like a bad choice because of the charge up turn (when your opponent could just target the open Pokemon) and because it doesn't give notable coverage.

Flygon learns Roost, I'd use that over Fly or Toxic. Fly should definitely be changed.

Whenever you need item suggestion, Leftovers is a good choice. However, If you want your Pokemon do deal heavy damage, Life Orb could also be a good choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)