Gen V RNG Breeding Guide (gone again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrea

/me cresselias
Inaccurate because it's bugged or inaccurate because you forgot to choose Breeding (International)?
Inaccurate because there's something off with the frame numbers... I have International checked and CO was having similar difficulties with international parents. So we both just bred english ones and restarted with those ones.

andrea

/me cresselias
Are you sure you were actually using international parents? I've never had a problem with international breeding.
Litwick bred on Japanese imported White. Another Litwick hatched in English Black. Yes, I'm pretty sure. =P

The only reason I point this out is because chihuahuaowner had the exact same frame issues as I did with international. Using a mistake offspring (from an English cart) I was able to successfully hatch a shiny with the English parent.

Hm, don't know what the problem was, then. I've bred tons of pokemon from my English cart with my Japanese Ditto and RNG reporter has always been correct for me.

Cassie

giant claw
Litwick bred on Japanese imported White. Another Litwick hatched in English Black. Yes, I'm pretty sure. =P

The only reason I point this out is because chihuahuaowner had the exact same frame issues as I did with international. Using a mistake offspring (from an English cart) I was able to successfully hatch a shiny with the English parent.

Yeah, with normal English breeding I could successfully follow my frames. With International it would skip 2-3 PID frames so I couldn't figure out how to calculate.

Yeah, with normal English breeding I could successfully follow my frames. With International it would skip 2-3 PID frames so I couldn't figure out how to calculate.
Did this happen consistently on different attempts with new saves? It could just be a matter of the NPCs screwing you over.

It will also change dramatically if you are using an Everstone and don't have it marked. Or god forbid, a power item.
HAHAHAHAHAHHA OMG! My Ditto actually have an power item with him!! No wonder my frames are all wrong!! I wasted 1 whole day just trying to identify the problem. Sorry everyone who looked into my problem. I've been having alot of successful attempt that, somtime I assume that I'm doing most of the things right.

Thanks for this guide. I had done RNG for the shiny trio to confirm that I had my correct SID and then I moved onto breeding which I was nervous I wouldn't be able to do. But, I have successfully bred a Shiny Munna on my first try! Happy to know I can move on to other shiny Pokemon that I like! I'm not too picky on Natures or Ivs so it is a bit easier for me. Thanks again!

This guide is extremely helpful! I was intimidated by 5th gen breeding, but succeeded at my first attempt today!

Shinies on the other hand...I'm a bit iffy on. I'm using the Shiny egg finder (9.81). Both parents are flawless (one is a Ditto) and I'm searching for >30/>30/>30/31/31/31 shiny eggs with ability 1 and using an Everstone. Also it's set to 3 keypresses (no L/R) and my IDs are correct.

I'm patient (heck, I ran countless shiny legendary searches in 4th gen), but it's run through 25 billion frames with no results and no indicator of how far it is on the search (no green bar), with no results. Am I being too perfectionist with my search? (Are shiny Hidden Power breeds unfeasible?) Oh, and I only went up to frame 500 (is that too low/high?)

Here's a screenshot.

Anyone see something I'm doing wrong?

It will also change dramatically if you are using an Everstone and don't have it marked. Or god forbid, a power item.
I saw omegadonut discussing how to use power items to manipulate the IV that we want on the first 4 pages of the RNG reporter thread.I dint quite understood,so i wished he explained further.As i got one scraggy with right nature this way instead of a bad one and good IV.Sheer luck i believe.

Also lol@tesseraction writing funny.I never laughed so much

@Claw.Clear one stat and try again.The parent inheritance will probabbly cover the hole.I found awesome shiny seed this way

Thanks; I hatched an awesome Solosis. Can I breed again automatically or do I need to reset my DS Parameters in RNG Reporter before breeding and RNG Abusing again?

Generally the parameters will stay the same. If you start to get bad hatch results repeatedly then maybe recalibrate.

I have a question, since we are dealing with eggs and the frame I need to hit is 8, that means we dont need to advance the frame at all when i hit my seed, right? I can just hit the seed and immediately get the egg from the old man?

Thanks for writing the guide. I have a question though.
Is it necesarry to use parents with the same IVs? I'm trying to breed a Zoroa and getting the father is fine but I can't do much about the mother. Do I need to get one with the same IVs or is it possible to RNG breed without particular IVs on my parent Zoroa/rk?

Two things.

First, I've found what seems to be a reliable way to get rid of Timer0 fluctuation. If your timer0 isn't being consistent but rather fluctuating between two values, warming up your DS (put it in a warm room, under the covers of a bed, next to a computer exhaust fan, or something like that) seems to make it stabilise on the lower value. (You don't need a huge temperature change, or you'll drive it to another value entirely; don't go setting it on fire or putting it in a fridge or anything like that. Also note that it's the temperature of the DS internals that matter, and that'll lag some way behind the temperature of its environment; you should be able to feel whether the DS itself is hotter or colder than the room you're in.)

Also, I've been having success breeding pentaflawless nonshinies, but I've been using a different method, which requires less search time, but more of your own time, and requires power items but doesn't require you to control the PIDRNG. It works like this:

• First, find a male Pokémon with the egg moves you need and of the right nature, and a flawless Ditto. (This can typically be done quite easily, as the non-Ditto doesn't need any good IVs, although it will go faster if it has some; just do non-RNG breeding to breed the egg moves and nature you want onto the Pokémon in question.)
  • Search the Time Finder for times which give four flawless IVs (four of the five you want) for Gift Pokémon on frame 8. (There should be around two to three results every month even without keypresses, so this will go quickly.) For the two non-flawless IVs, one should be the attack stat you don't want, the other should be a stat that isn't flawless on the Pokémon you're breeding (there must be such a stat, or it's pentaflawless already and you can just stop now).
  • Give the father an Everstone, and the Ditto a Power Item corresponding to the stat that you want flawless, but isn't flawless in the Time Finder results.
  • Lay an egg, and RNG it at that frame (at frame 8 no advancement's required, just talk to the Daycare Man immediately after loading the game). You might want to wait a bit first so that the PIDRNG has a chance to become actually random, rather than controlling it to the wrong value by mistake. Only 1 in 4 eggs will work for this method, so you may have to do this several times; it's fastest to control a batch of eggs first, then hatch them all at once. Remember to periodically take the father out of the Day Care to move the egg moves you're trying to breed to the bottom of the list, so that they don't get overwritten!
  • Hatch the eggs, with the father out of the Day Care (to avoid his moveset changing), and take them to Gear Station to check for flawless IVs. All of them should have at least one more IV flawless than the father (because all the IVs that were flawless in the father are also flawless in the Ditto, and flawless in the random IVs, so they'll end up flawless, and using the Power Item on a flawless Pokémon forces one more IV to end up flawless). You're looking for an egg that is either pentaflawless with the right nature and ability (1 in 4 chance if the father was tetraflawless), in which case you're done, or that's more flawless than the father, with the right ability, and male (1 in 4 chance if the father was triflawless or less).
  • If you aren't done yet, you now have a father with more flawless stats than you did before, so just repeat from the start using the new father.
This should be pretty reliable and mindless, although it depends a bit on luck; and the seeds are easy to hit and easy to find, and you don't need PIDRNG manipulation (it would help in theory, but you're better off using one of the other methods if you can do that). Note that although the chance is lower than 1 in 4, this method can also produce eggs that have more than one stat flawless that weren't in the father (if they randomly inherit from the Ditto instead, a chance that I think is about 1 in 5), so it can even produce hexaflawless eggs if you're lucky. Likewise, if you're willing to put in extra searching time in RNG Reporter to find pentaflawless seeds on frame 8 (this will probably need keypress seeds, as it's rather unlikely with keyless seeds), you can push the number of flawless IVs up to 6 using this method instead.

I'm not suggesting that this method is superior to the ones in the OP (it's rather slower than them); but it's easy to learn and works for me, so I'm letting people know about it in case they have plenty of time but don't have a Chatot (or are missing some of the other things needed for PID abuse). It's also not going to get you a shiny (or rather, will with the same 1 in 8192 chance that shinies always have), so look elsewhere for that.

Is International Breeding contintent based meaning one from America and one from Europe? I've got a Ditto from someone in New York who's got it from (supposedly the legendary) BLUEMEW (I'm guessing that person is from America too), flawless and I've got a Scraggy (male) from my Dutch (probably English) cartridge. I keep getting natures that don't appear within the hundreds. I figured it was Timer0 but that can't really be it anymore (I've been doing this for two days now with two different seeds).

I've got Everstone nature Careful, BW International Breeding, both parents are flawless so I've entered 31/31/31/31/31/31 in the mother and father boxes. Gender ratio 50%/50%. MIN/ MAX 70-200. Year 2010, month 1. ID and SID filled in. Ditto parent checked. Show inheritance checked.

Is it because the Ditto is from a HG/SS game? This is truly driving me insane -.-' I've RNG'ed multiple times succesfully and also know how to abuse the PID frame (I've got two Chatots). I've saved in front of the old dude's face. Spammed x as soon as Spring came up. Chattered once, exited and mashed a. Chattered twice etc. Am I forgetting something?

I don't even care about IV spreads, I just want to RNG my first shiny :P I have RNG Reporter 9.81 BETA.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is Internation Breeding contintent based meaning one from America and one from Europe? I've got a Ditto from someone in New York who's got it from (supposedly the legendary) BLUEMEW (I'm guessing that person is from America too), flawless and I've got a Scraggy (male) from my Dutch (probably English) cartridge. I keep getting natures that don't appear within the hundreds. I figured it was Timer0 but that can't really be it anymore (I've been doing this for two days now with two different seeds).

I've got Everstone nature Careful, BW International Breeding, both parents are flawless so I've entered 31/31/31/31/31 in the mother and father boxes. Gender ratio 50%/50%. MIN/ MAX 70-200. Year 2010, month 1. ID and SID filled in. Ditto parent checked. Show inheritance checked.

Is it because the Ditto is from a HG/SS game? This is truly driving me insane -.-' I've RNG'ed multiple times succesfully and also know how to abuse the PID frame (I've got two Chatots). I've saved in front of the old dude's face. Spammed x as soon as Spring came up. Chattered once, exited and mashed a. Chattered twice etc. Am I forgetting something?

I don't even care about IV spreads, I just want to RNG my first shiny :P
If they're both English, they'll both have the same region, even if one is from Europe and the other's from the U.S. It wouldn't be international breeding.

Is International Breeding contintent based meaning one from America and one from Europe? I've got a Ditto from someone in New York who's got it from (supposedly the legendary) BLUEMEW (I'm guessing that person is from America too), flawless and I've got a Scraggy (male) from my Dutch (probably English) cartridge. I keep getting natures that don't appear within the hundreds. I figured it was Timer0 but that can't really be it anymore (I've been doing this for two days now with two different seeds).

I've got Everstone nature Careful, BW International Breeding, both parents are flawless so I've entered 31/31/31/31/31/31 in the mother and father boxes. Gender ratio 50%/50%. MIN/ MAX 70-200. Year 2010, month 1. ID and SID filled in. Ditto parent checked. Show inheritance checked.

I don't even care about IV spreads, I just want to RNG my first shiny :P I have RNG Reporter 9.81 BETA.

bluemew is from the US. i have all of his pokemon! Very good RNGer!

So do US cartridges differ from English ones or not? Because it's his pokémon. I think in Holland they just sell English cartridges but I'm sure that in the US they have different ones right? If so, then I still don't know why I'm getting such "off" results :S I'm using his US Ditto and my English/ Dutch Scraggy... maybe I should give up on International Breeding and stick with Breeding or the Gift Method.

So do US cartridges differ from English ones or not? Because it's his pokémon. I think in Holland they just sell English cartridges but I'm sure that in the US they have different ones right? If so, then I still don't know why I'm getting such "off" results :S I'm using his US Ditto and my English/ Dutch Scraggy... maybe I should give up on International Breeding and stick with Breeding or the Gift Method.
There's no difference, our Dutch carts are English, as are US cartridges

Your "English/Dutch" Scraggy is just English, so this isn't international Breeding, it's regular Breeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)