Gen V RNG Breeding Guide (gone again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think that your SF is 116? And I'm pretty sure that finishing the game would have no effect on the results, because you can RNG your ID/SID, and I've been playing through my Black version RNG'ing all of my team.
SSF, and yeah. That's the only result that makes sense. I know it's not "supposed" to be there.

Anyway, I just beat the game anyway (so I could get perfect Reshiram and perfect HP Ice Tornadus- not having to roll for natures anymore until I decide to go back and get Mew in SoulSilver is a wonderful feeling) so at least now I can check with the judge to see if I'm doing any of this right.
~Uiru

Do you spam X to open the menu as soon as possible? Because your SSF or SF should range from 40-60, and 116 is not right at all. If you keep on getting 116, you are probably hitting the wrong seed. Always check in between the calculated initial PIDRNG frame and 60, or 40-60 for your SF/SSF.

It's possible I'm hitting the wrong seed, but it's just like standing legendary RNGing, isn't it? I've done them correctly many times already. I would have thought hitting the seed would be easy, and the inheritance frame would be the annoying one.

edit: Just got a SSF of 55. Maybe I'm just being Timer0-trolled.
~Uiru

Do you open the menu as soon as possible then close it and talk to the old man as soon as possible to collect the egg?

Yes, I was doing that.

I found out how to get my nearby timer0's and it's true, it was just trolling. I've since managed to hit my first breed, a 5-way-max Timid DW Eevee female. Now that I have it, I can use it to breed proper 6-way-maxes.

Why do Eevees have to take so long to hatch :(

What is the effect of holding buttons on timer0? I have never held buttons and I've done RNG on three different BW files, numerous times. Just then, I had to catch eight or nine Tornadus for my Hasty one and only one of them got caught by timer0, but of the seven or eight Eevee eggs I just hatched, only three were playing ball. (Random fact; my White game's seed has much, much better "luck" than my Black game's seed.)
~Uiru

Held buttons can be used to affect which seed you get, so if you search with up to 3 buttons being held you will find more results. (I think that's what you mean o.o)
You might want to recalibrate if you are finding that what you thought is your common Timer0 is harder to hit.

Hey, I'm having a lot of difficulty RNG breeding. My goal is a shiny Modest Drought Vulpix. The parents' IVs are:
31/2/9/31/14/31 - F (Different language from father)
8/31/2/29/31/19 - M (Modest, everstone)

I wanted x/x/x/31/x/31. I've tried 14 times, with 10 different seeds.

Each time I don't need Chatot (It's on the starting frame) I overshoot by 1-2 frames. Each time I need Chatot, it overshoots by 3-12 frames. This includes buttonmashing as soon as the game starts up to try to not have NPCs move. If I cut back on the amount of Chatters, it gets closer... closer... and then skips to something I can't even find on the list.

By pure chance, I have managed to overshoot onto another shiny frame twice. But neither of them are Modest, and only one has Drought.

I have tried seeds with and without buttonpresses. I calibrated a couple of times more, and nothing's been different. (I still don't even have a second Timer0 value, and I've calibrated about 10 times) I've checked just about every value I could find, and they're all right. O.O Help???

nub stuck on parameters

Tried about 10 times now, still can't find parameters. If I do find parameters I try again right after, and then I go back to not being able to find the parameters. Watched bearfan's videos about 10 times a piece and even printed out a copy of the walkthrough on page 1. I'm still stuck, hopefully it's something silly.

My list of what I do to not get my parameters
http://imgur.com/Pa0Qn (sorry not forum savvy, I don't understand the physical intricacies of thumbnails)

What I do:
-I fly to the last cave on top of Victory Road.
-Save the game then quit out.
-Sync up the clock and dates. In this case, July 22, 2011 at 6:20:20 so military time isn't a confusing factor.
-Game shuts off, I turn it back on.
-I press A once at initial loading screen.
-When the seconds hand reaches 20, I immediately press A.
-When the screen gets to N's castle is when I press A again.

NOTE:I have C-Gear on(I read somewhere it didn't matter, will try it off a few times after).

-Immediately after loading I press x, and then proceed to sweet scent, and then capture the pokemon.

ALSO NOTE: In the videos, I was under the impression that the amount of pokeballs and the time it takes to capture is irrelevant, so I've never worried too much about this.

-I then get the iv's from metalkid's and/or the built in one on RNG.
-I input the iv's and then fill in or make sure my version and mac address are good, no buttons held, then I hit search.

9/10 times comes up nothing. I've tried widening the parameters, and that still doesn't get anywhere. Visited the IRC, and was advised to post the problem here. Any help/advice would be awesome, thank you.

BLAH! Sorry for derailing, gonna go post there. Ty for replying.

Tried about 10 times now, still can't find parameters. If I do find parameters I try again right after, and then I go back to not being able to find the parameters. Watched bearfan's videos about 10 times a piece and even printed out a copy of the walkthrough on page 1. I'm still stuck, hopefully it's something silly.

My list of what I do to not get my parameters
http://imgur.com/Pa0Qn (sorry not forum savvy, I don't understand the physical intricacies of thumbnails)

What I do:
-I fly to the last cave on top of Victory Road.
-Save the game then quit out.
-Sync up the clock and dates. In this case, July 22, 2011 at 6:20:20 so military time isn't a confusing factor.
-Game shuts off, I turn it back on.
-I press A once at initial loading screen.
-When the seconds hand reaches 20, I immediately press A.
-When the screen gets to N's castle is when I press A again.

NOTE:I have C-Gear on(I read somewhere it didn't matter, will try it off a few times after).

-Immediately after loading I press x, and then proceed to sweet scent, and then capture the pokemon.

ALSO NOTE: In the videos, I was under the impression that the amount of pokeballs and the time it takes to capture is irrelevant, so I've never worried too much about this.

-I then get the iv's from metalkid's and/or the built in one on RNG.
-I input the iv's and then fill in or make sure my version and mac address are good, no buttons held, then I hit search.

9/10 times comes up nothing. I've tried widening the parameters, and that still doesn't get anywhere. Visited the IRC, and was advised to post the problem here. Any help/advice would be awesome, thank you.
That's more of a question for the help thread rather than this breeding guide. Anyways finding parameters is for standard (non c-gear) RNGing so you should be using a DS Lite/Original bulky DS & you shouldn't turn on the c-gear.

Beginner to Egg RNG'ing

"Step 1: Find a seed for your eggs.

Since you have already callibrated and found your DS parameters, I'm going to assume you know what the main screen of RNG reporter (the one with RNG Reporter 9.XX BETA in the title bar) and Time Finder are.
We're going to breed a flawless Venipede with Spikes/Toxic Spikes egg moves, for an example."

Okay, I'm trying to breed a flawless Litwick: The female parent is a hexa-flawless Ditto with a Modest nature, and the male is a 30/31/30/30/26/30 Litwick.

I'm REALLY sorry for what's likely going to be a stupid question, but how exactly do I do this? Do I have to catch *another* Litwick using 31 IVs, and then use the Time Finder to generate a seed for a flawless one with an Min/Max- 8/8 frame? If so, do I catch that and use it for the parent? I have more questions, but I'd rather take it step-by-step. I apologize in advance. >_<

"Step 1: Find a seed for your eggs.

Since you have already callibrated and found your DS parameters, I'm going to assume you know what the main screen of RNG reporter (the one with RNG Reporter 9.XX BETA in the title bar) and Time Finder are.
We're going to breed a flawless Venipede with Spikes/Toxic Spikes egg moves, for an example."

Okay, I'm trying to breed a flawless Litwick: The female parent is a hexa-flawless Ditto with a Modest nature, and the male is a 30/31/30/30/26/30 Litwick.

I'm REALLY sorry for what's likely going to be a stupid question, but how exactly do I do this? Do I have to catch *another* Litwick using 31 IVs, and then use the Time Finder to generate a seed for a flawless one with an Min/Max- 8/8 frame? If so, do I catch that and use it for the parent? I have more questions, but I'd rather take it step-by-step. I apologize in advance. >_<
So I'm guessing you don't want it shiny? Use the 5th shiny egg tab and enter the wrong ID/SID. The shiny egg tab uses frame 8 for IVs. You'll see a frame there which is the PID frame. Set the min to 60 and the max sufficiently high (200 is good).

I'd like a shiny one, but since I don't even understand step 1 yet, I'll try that another time. ^^;

So, since I already have the Everstone-holding Ditto and Litwick, all I have to do is use the 5th generation shiny egg tab, with the wrong TID/SID on purpose, plug in the natures and IVs, then generate? =x

I'd like a shiny one, but since I don't even understand step 1 yet, I'll try that another time. ^^;

So, since I already have the Everstone-holding Ditto and Litwick, all I have to do is use the 5th generation shiny egg tab, with the wrong TID/SID on purpose, plug in the natures and IVs, then generate? =x
For the searching part, yes. It should look something like this.

I think there's a bug where your ID/SID doesn't update from the time finder, only the main window. You might need to enter the wrong ID/SID from the main window and generate some PID frames.

Okay, so I filled in everything on the shiny eggs tab and I used a random fake ID/SID...

Is it really supposed to search so far, though?

Almost 300 million "searched", no results so far =x

Did I mess up on something? =x

Okay, so I filled in everything on the shiny eggs tab and I used a random fake ID/SID...

Is it really supposed to search so far, though?

Almost 300 million "searched", no results so far =x

Did I mess up on something? =x
Make sure you have at least 2 keypresses (5th gen DS parameters setup). The father is useless but your Ditto has decent IVs (compared to your target IVs) & your search isn't too specific so it shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes to get results.
Remember to enter the ID/SID from the main window then generate some random list of PID frames and close out RNG reporter/reopen it. Otherwise reporter will be using your previous ID/SID which could be a problem is it's 0.

OH, that must be it =x So I go to the original window, type in a fake ID/SID, close the whole thing, then re-open it and repeat these steps:(Putting in specifications/IVs) and it should work? =x

Okay, I put in my actual TID/SID in the main box/re-searched in the egg box, and I got this:

I then went to the main page and put in the information to find out my SSF.

I turned the game on, moved the time to the minute necessary, turned it off, and back on.

I waited until xx:xx:24, turned it on, held the buttons down until I saw N's mansion/castle thing,then started the game, with C-Gear off. I spammed the X button, viewed Chatot's summary once, hit B twice, then hit it once more and spammed A promptly to get the egg. I hatched it, it's

Modest
Alert To Sounds
Ability: 1

When I checked the potential in Nimbasa, he said outstanding, with a 31 in Speed. So I don't think this is the right one, how do I go about determining my SSF and that? =x

Okay, I put in my actual TID/SID in the main box/re-searched in the egg box, and I got this:

I then went to the main page and put in the information to find out my SSF.

I turned the game on, moved the time to the minute necessary, turned it off, and back on.

I waited until xx:xx:24, turned it on, held the buttons down until I saw N's mansion/castle thing,then started the game, with C-Gear off. I spammed the X button, viewed Chatot's summary once, hit B twice, then hit it once more and spammed A promptly to get the egg. I hatched it, it's

Modest
Alert To Sounds
Ability: 1

When I checked the potential in Nimbasa, he said outstanding, with a 31 in Speed. So I don't think this is the right one, how do I go about determining my SSF and that? =x
You need to find your starting PID frame then redo it and advance to the correct PID frame. There's more than enough info in the first few posts to guide you. Also is this your first RNG? You supposed to start up the game one second earlier than the time RNG reporter gives you.

Well, I've RNG'ed a wild Poke'mon before, but this is my first time trying to RNG an egg =x

-Sees PID in the screenies, feels stupid-
-Re-reads the first page to see what to do with PID-

Well, I've RNG'ed a wild Poke'mon before, but this is my first time trying to RNG an egg =x

-Sees PID in the screenies, feels stupid-
-Re-reads the first page to see what to do with PID-
Just wondering 'cause I've never seen anyone start at the exact time RNG reporter gives to get a Pokemon but maybe you just assumed I'd know you started at the 23rd second? (you typed xx:xx:24)
Looked at your screenshot again. You need to set the nature to any in the main window or else you won't be able to see the full list of PID frames to find your starting frame.
Also right click and enter the parents' IVs and the seed IVs to make reporter display the characteristics. To find your seed IVs choose method 5 standard in the main window and look at frame 8.

You should check if you hit that seed, first.

If you want, you can verify that you hit your seed by flying somewhere with high-level Pokemon (you can fly to Victory Road, I think) and immediately catching a wild Pokemon, then checking its IVs. If you hit your seed, the Pokemon you catch should have the IVs from frame one of frames 14-20 of your seed. (From time finder, right click your seed and select "Copy full seed to clipboard." Paste it in the "Seed" box on the main screen of RNG Reporter, select Method 5 (Standard Seed) and hit "Generate" to get a long list of the IV frames generated by your seed).

Okay, so: After using the Shiny Egg Tab, the first result (which I'm perfectly fine with) is:

Seed:F3B3E03E8F13A814
Frame 72
PID: 179E05E7
Modest
Ability: 0
DEF: Fe
SP ATK: Fe
Sp Def: Fe
Date: 03/01/11
07:56:24
Key Press: A & X

So, recapping:

Have the parents, go straight to the egg stage:
Plug in parent IVs, wanted nature, etc.
Copy a desirable seed from the results
Go to the main window, paste the seed, select Breeding (B/W), Ditto Parent.
Generate, it'll bring up a list.
Go in-game, start a second before the Time Finder result, hold buttons.
Release buttons once N's mansion/castle is visible, start game, no C-Gear, spam the menu button, vie Chatot's summary for its custom cry, to advance the frame once.
Press B twice, prepare to spam A.
Press B a third time, spam A quickly.
Fly to Victory Road, catch a Poke'mon, check IVs.
Check IVs (I'm using that Poke'mon Online Team Builder thing) Compare to the list in the main window, note the frame the result is on.
The result/frame I find it on is my SSF?

And then what?

Again, I'm sorry, but since this is my first time, even the simplified first page confuses me. >_< Thanks for you two helping me, I'm slowly understanding it. I heard it gets a lot easier after the first one. =x

Okay, so: After using the Shiny Egg Tab, the first result (which I'm perfectly fine with) is:

Seed:F3B3E03E8F13A814
Frame 72
PID: 179E05E7
Modest
Ability: 0
DEF: Fe
SP ATK: Fe
Sp Def: Fe
Date: 03/01/11
07:56:24
Key Press: A & X

So, recapping:

Have the parents, go straight to the egg stage:
Plug in parent IVs, wanted nature, etc.
Copy a desirable seed from the results
Go to the main window, paste the seed, select Breeding (B/W), Ditto Parent.
Generate, it'll bring up a list.
Go in-game, start a second before the Time Finder result, hold buttons.
Release buttons once N's mansion/castle is visible, start game, no C-Gear, spam the menu button, vie Chatot's summary for its custom cry, to advance the frame once.
Press B twice, prepare to spam A.
Press B a third time, spam A quickly.
Fly to Victory Road, catch a Poke'mon, check IVs.
Check IVs (I'm using that Poke'mon Online Team Builder thing) Compare to the list in the main window, note the frame the result is on.
The result/frame I find it on is my SSF?

And then what?

Again, I'm sorry, but since this is my first time, even the simplified first page confuses me. >_< Thanks for you two helping me, I'm slowly understanding it. I heard it gets a lot easier after the first one. =x
The hatched egg should match a PID frame near your Calculated initial PID frame. Your actual starting frame would be 1 lower than the matching frame if you viewed Chatot's summary once. Once you know your actual starting frame you can redo it (don't resave; just turn off the game) and advance to your target frame.
Flying to victory road is just to verify that you hit the seed so you don't waste time hatching an egg when you completely missed the seed. It's not really necessary unless you have timer0 issues.

Okay, so as an example:

Let's say I generate the list of eggs first. I find one I like, it says it's on frame 57. I go to the main window, paste the full seed, Breeding(B/W), put in the desired IVs, leave the nature as Any, so I can check the full list, and click Generate. I change the time to what the Time Finder wants, start the game 1 second earlier than that, and hold the buttons (if any). I spam the menu button after starting the game (with C-Gear off), view Chatot's summary, spam the A button after exiting the menu, and get the egg. Then it's *recommended* that I got to Victory Road, catch a random, and view the IVs. I compare those IVs to the list to determine which one I actually got. (And if I'm understand correctly, THAT'S my SSF?) So if the starting frame was originally 57, let's say I find the one I got on..... 70. 70-57+1=14, so I'd start the game at the same time as the first, go through the steps again, but I'd view Chatot's summary 14 times instead, then collect the egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)