Gen4 CAP Pre-Evolution Rules & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The process of doing prevos has been a little convoluted, to say the least. It's a flavor procedure for fun that wasn't standardized until recently, and it's liable to change again. That said, we do have some info on how Necturine evolves here and on how Scratchet evolves here.

I don't think we have ever officially "voted on" per se the method of evolution specifically. In these cases, Deck Knight and jas61292 provided movepools that won and contained stated evolution methods. That's good enough for me.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Yeah, Movepool submitters generally get to pick the method of evolution. I totally missed those evo methods hidden away in the description of the movepool reasoning (as others had it very plainly laid out). Thanks for picking up on this @Fuzzie and finding the correct posts @srk1214.

I will talk to Birkal when he returns from his LoA about starting up the next project :)

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So, can I make a Gen5 CAP's Pre-Evo and Post it in this sub-forum?
Unless you get permission from Birkal to do so, no. I'm not certain what the current decision is regarding a pre-evo for Cawmodore (the only gen 5 Pokemon to not currently have a pre-evolution) but given that the pre-evo process may be up for discussion in the coming weeks I'm not sure that any new pre-evo threads will be started regardless. Remember that this is a community project and no one member can make something and post it willy-nilly.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Alright I wanna contribute what needs to be done here?
Gen 4 Pre-Evolutions take place when nothing else is going on. Right now, we're waiting for (Gen 5) CAP 6, Cawmodore, to begin its pre-evolution process. A thread will open in the main CAP forum soon enough. It will be called "CAP 6 Pre-Evolution - Typing Discussion" or something to that extent. Until then, there's nothing else to do but wait. If you want to talk about pre-evolutions, etc., you can always head over to #cap on SynIRC.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Now that we know whats what in terms of how to create the Prevos, in what specific order will they be done in and what processes will take place?

Because of the creation of CAP LC (on showdown at least), will the Gen 4 prevos be made with competitive viability in mind, or will it still be flavor only?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Now that we know whats what in terms of how to create the Prevos, in what specific order will they be done in and what processes will take place?
I'm trying to figure out a decently fast way of doing them. What I want to do is sort out their Gen 4 versions, and then move on to their Gen 7 versions after the updates have been done for their Parents in CaP Proper. I was talking to nv this morning and we might do mega threads to speed things up for them. If anyone has good ideas, let me know.

Because of the creation of CAP LC (on showdown at least), will the Gen 4 prevos be made with competitive viability in mind, or will it still be flavor only?
I have never been against Competitive reasoning for CaP Prevos. However, I would like for Flavour to still be our guiding light here. The remaining cap prevos and all future ones will be made with knowledge of CaP LC in mind, but I do not want that to be its primary focus. If we end up with a few bad CaP Prevos, so be it. I would prefer that over having every single one be competitively viable. It lends far more credence to the games themselves and helps us back up the idea that the prevos are primarily flavour for their Parents.

I would like to ask what is going on. I understand nv is very busy irl. What I'm more frustrated with is how DHR-107 is still the only one helping with the pre-evolutions. I don't know who is in charge of who is running the prevo threads, but I think that needs to change.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
Threads are happening. I am not sure what the problem is. I'll get some stuff up for the end of Privatyke this morning <and sort out the Syclar threads>. You can always continue to work on Pokedex entries and Sprites/artwork etc in the meantime while I am getting to the threads. There is nothing stopping you from having content ready when the thread arrives. Every Single CaP Prevo has enough information for everyone to start filling in the gaps before I even get to the creation of that Pokemon.

Unfortunately my trust has been severely shaken by people. I would rather everything happened slowly under my eyes rather than people burning out/leaving the project half way through.

It's incredibly frustrating and saddening to have that happen. It's also frustrating when the people who are moaning about it do not even vote in threads. I purposely left the Syclar thread open till this morning because there had only been 9 or so votes when I last looked yesterday. There is now 13 votes.

I've said this to Drew: I feel like very few people are actually interested in creating the CaP Prevos. Lots of people want to play with them, but no one wants to put in the effort of actually making them. They just want them handed on a plate with not being involved with any of the other stuff. Then bitch me out when I feel unmotivated to move the process along. The same thing happens with CaP Proper, but that project at least has enough people to sustain both sides of the coin. CaP Prevos don't. The fact that the "LC CaP Meta" has a council is ridiculous in my eyes when there is less than 10 people regularly contributing to making them.

I've made every single effort I can to get people to vote in/take part in the threads and get word out there when a new thread is up. There is not much else I can do. Like I said, I will post some more threads today. But there is absolutely 0 reason you can't create stuff without a thread and as soon as it is ready post down some ideas/artwork/movepools etc.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Regarding the unfinished CAP pre-evos, will new creations or updates take precedence?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
Regarding the unfinished CAP pre-evos, will new creations or updates take precedence?
I'm going to try and keep doing them when I have time regardless of when they overlap. Going to see what I can get up today (likely Privatyke Final Product, Embirch & Flarelm updates [Pyroak got a huge number of move additions] and probably look at starting a project for Rebble & Boulderdash). People seem interested in doing more at the moment so I just need to keep giving people things to contribute too!

Like I said before, the uncreated prevos still have some aspects of them created so you can work on other parts until I get to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)