[Gen7] Partner this Pokemon - SM CAP Edition [Week 9: Colossoil (Submitting)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to YellowAdminSilver for winning this week! You and your Pokemon will be added into the Hall of Fame!

For Week 8 we will be partnering....

Physically Defensive Cyclohm! With the rise of the Tapus, Cyclohm's viability was hurt a bit. Four Special Attacking Fairies was quite unfortunate, but SM also saw the rise of Mega Scizor and Mega Metagross, the introduction of Celesteela and Ash Greninja, and the continued viability of Tomohawk and friends. Cyclohm, if I understand correctly, hasn't been the most used CAP Mon but it certainly has viability and potential, so hopefully this week can showcase that.
Cyclohm @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Fire Blast
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Submitting ends Monday 10 PM EST (GMT-5)

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
Physically Defensive Cyclohm and Specially Defensive Celesteela form a solid defensive core. Celesteela covers Cyclohm's weaknesses to Dragon, Fairy, and Ground, while Cyclohm handles Celesteela's weaknesses to Fire and Electric. Together, they do an excellent job of handling several of the best Megas in the metagame, including Metagross, Crucibelle, and Scizor. Cyclohm running Fire Blast makes it easier for Celesteela to run Earthquake over Flamethrower, which allows Celesteela to better handle Heatran and Magnezone among other things that could otherwise threaten the core.

The Soft-Boiled Egg of Dooooooooom!!!

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

What goes better together for breakfast than eggs and phat thunderclouds? ... Probably a lot, actually. But for a defensive core? Shooooot, Chansey and Cyclohm go together like bacon and sunshine.
You know Chansey. She's phat. She takes special hits like nobody's business. She also wears a bell and rings it to help her friends. She is the staple of stall teams everywhere, and you've probably lost to her alone countless times. So instead of reading me talkin' 'bout her, lemme just show you what's up.

252 SpA Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 136-160 (21.1 - 24.9%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

252 SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 261-307 (40.6 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
And that's in Psychic Terrain. You can either spam Softboiled at this point, stall her out of Psyshock, and then proceed to Toxic, or just switch to Cyclohm, 'cause all Leles are scarfed. Cyclohm can tank it.

252 SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cyclohm: 127-150 (30.2 - 35.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Tapu Koko comin' in on Cyclohm? Switch to Chansey. Either this happens:
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 36-43 (5.6 - 6.6%) -- possibly the worst move ever
Or he pulls a Calm Mind and hits you the next turn.
+1 252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Electric Terrain: 177-211 (27.5 - 32.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
And at this point, even with Roost, he can't survive the combination of Toxic, Seismic Toss, and Softboiled and survive, much less keep boosting and get to Max Special Attack. But what if he does? His terrain has faded, he's badly poisoned and about to die, but he desperately hits you with a +6 Thunderbolt. What now?
+6 252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 313-370 (48.7 - 57.6%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO
RIP Koko. :)

Do I even need more numbers? You know that Chansey is a blob of a beast, and will tank all yo shit forever. As long as it's special. If it's physical, go over to Cyclohm, and he'll tank all yo shit forever, too. Just don't only have these last two mons living on the field when your opponent only has Colosoil left. Use your other teammates to deal with Colosoil. Chansey and Cyclohm have better things to do.

Last edited:
Due to only 2 entires (I would like at least 3), I will be extending the submitting period until Tuesday 10 PM EST. I will then extend the voting period to Thursday 10 PM EST, and then we will get back on track. If nobody else submits in the next 24 hours, I will submit my own to bring the total up to 3. Please submit!

P L E A S E S U B M I T! Everyone wants CAP to be popular but we can't do that without actually participating ourselves,,,​

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Support Mantine!!!!
Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic / Air Slash / Haze

Cyclothm struggles alot with Specially offensive Faeries that rampage the tier, as well as the assortment of Ground types that threaten it. Mantine laughs at them all (Fuck Koko). Mantine can reliably take on Latios, Magearna, Landorus-T, Garchomp and other threats to Cyclothm. Cyclothm can shrugg of the electric attacks meant to strike Cyclothm quite well. Nice pairing.

Sparky Sparky BoomBamboo
Seriously, tho. I posted Chansey just to have something to write. Celesteela is clearly the best partner for Cyclohm, bar none, and Spark knew it. Basically, whoever wrote down Celesteela won. gg, Spark.

Congratulations to sparktrain for winning! You and your Pokemon will be added into the Hall of Fame!!!!!!!!!!

For Week 9, we'll be partnering....

Flame Orb Colossoil! With a bit of fall in SM due to 4 new great Fairy-types, Colossoil is still a great Pokemon. Strong Ground and Dark STAB hits a lot of the metagame, while also having key priority in Sucker Punch and one of the best moves in the game in Pursuit. Flame Orb also now deals less damage which lets Colossoil stay on the field longer to kill more stuff. Let's partner this monster!

Deadline for submitting is Monday 10 PM EST (GMT - 5)

Colossoil @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
Feel free to like this post!

The Corkscrew Killer

Magearna @ Steelium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Thunderbolt
- Shift Gear

First of all: Soul-Heart. Soul-Heart. Soul-Heart. Second of all: Shift Gear. Third of all: Colo covers Mag's fire weakness, and hits those Ground types she usually can't hit. Mag covers Colo's Fighting weakness and Fairy weakness, and helps his Water weakness with Thunderbolt or Volt Switch. But as soon as she kills one mon with a Z-move, you'd better get out the broom. Cuz it's time to sweep. +1 Magearna quickly becomes a +2 Magearna, and on and on. And if they send in an Unaware mon? Clefable can't touch Mag, and Flash Cannon 2HKO's. And if Magearna has to switch in on Arghonaut, she survives Earthquake, and outspeeds for a Fleur Cannon OHKO. Colo and Mag each break holes that the other one needs broken in. Truly, Magearna and Colosoil cover each other's bases well, and just a have a great tanky synergy together.

Some numbers:
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Magearna: 43-51 (14.2 - 16.9%) -- possible 6HKO

252 SpA Magearna Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 204-240 (51.7 - 60.9%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Arghonaut Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 190-224 (63.1 - 74.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Arghonaut: 422-500 (101.9 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Mega Charizard Y

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast

Colossoil and Charizard-Mega-Y form a very potent offensive core together. Charizard-Y can take Bug, Fighting and Fairy-type attacks aimed at Colossoil (Drought also weakens Water-type attacks which can help Colossoil to survive some otherwise fatal attacks like Krilowatt's Surf) and can also threaten Tomohawk, Skarmory, Mega Scizor, Tapu Bulu and Tangrowth, all of which Colossoil has a hard time breaking. On the other hand, Colossoil can help by dealing with many of Charizard-Y's few checks/counters such as being able to KO or severely cripple/weaken Chansey, Heatran, Nihilego and the Lati twins. These Pokemon also have good team synergy outside of the core as they are both very viable Tailwind abusers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)