guess who's back it's samurai jack

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
"Gotta get back, back to the past Samurai Jack! WATCHOW!
Gotta get back, back to the past Samurai Jack!"

Hope it is new eps, but even if it isn't, epic series.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Jack is Back TODAY.

I hope they can replicate that feeling you got on the first Ep of the original release.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
The hype is real.

I remember when the original seasons aired, my mom technically forbade me from watching the show since she was a devout Christian, and she considered the show to be satanic and violent. So naturally I did what any other kid in the early 2000s would've done; recorded the show via VCR and watched it late at night when everyone was asleep.

It's gonna be a trip down memory lane watching the S5 premiere tonight. Fingers crossed that it does the other 4 seasons justice. But regardless, it'll be nice seeing one of my favorite childhood series finally getting some proper closure.

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
adult swim did not disappoint with ep 1, this is singlehandedly one of the best reboots i've seen in a long while and it still manages to stay true to what made the original great with absolutely stunning visuals and intense action. I absolutely cannot wait for more.

I'm so happy! I miss Samurai Jack and I'm especially shocked with how its now more detailed and ofc explicit! I'm glad that it hasn't changed much. The same art style, if not, enhanced! The bad guys still have their own unique personality like the original ones back in the days. This is amazing so far. I can totally call it that that one chick from the mercenary group is going to have her own unique character development. Maybe,...even be shipped with Jack? .///.
Edit episode 2: poor Jack and white wolf ;_;

Last edited:

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
just caught up on the latest samurai jack episodes. i really enjoyed episode 3 and its cinematic visuals in all its splendor and episode 4 especially was very good, i'm interested to see where this relationship between jack and ashi goes.

just caught up on the latest samurai jack episodes. i really enjoyed episode 3 and its cinematic visuals in all its splendor and episode 4 especially was very good, i'm interested to see where this relationship between jack and ashi goes.
I hope it goes towards a more of a father and daughter relationship, but, in the same time most fans hope for a romantic path. Also, if none of the above then I hope it becomes camaraderie, where Ashi helps Jacks in defeating Aku.

Edit: o_o oh my...

Last edited:
Looks like Ep 8 is gonna be filler.

If I had to guess, the end is going to be an ultimate battle with Aku with all of Jack's allies aiding him
- The Scotsman is planning on getting a bigger army and finding Jack to defeat Aku
- The archer said that if Jack was ever in need, they would be there

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Looks like Ep 8 is gonna be filler.
I really hope it isn't because most of the plot-heavy episodes have had terrible pacing and really need the extra time to be good. I know there's only so much you can fit into 10 episodes which is why the pacing is so important. The last 5 minutes of the last episode was terribly rushed and lost all of its impact because of that.

I really hope it isn't because most of the plot-heavy episodes have had terrible pacing and really need the extra time to be good. I know there's only so much you can fit into 10 episodes which is why the pacing is so important. The last 5 minutes of the last episode was terribly rushed and lost all of its impact because of that.
It was rushed, but to give it credit, it isn't the worst pacing I've come across.
The High Priestess made no sense in the last episode, as there was no buildup to her. She and the Ashi scenes in general, as kickass as they were, could have been cut.
Filler is okay with me, as those episodes are usually fun. And yeah, I guess episode four wasn't really a filler, but it wasn't too plot heavy. I'm curious as to why they couldn't get the usual thirteen episodes per season.

Deck Knight

finale was kinda rushed, genndy pulled a TTGL ending and i fucking knew he would
I actually kind of like that in the end Jack's quest to kill Aku ended up taking something precious from him that only existed because Aku did.

Consider if you will in Episode 50 when Jack is talking to Ashi that everything from before Aku is just a memory.

After killing Aku, everything that came AFTER him is also a memory. Had Jack spared Aku, he would still have a way to access those people he met / helped / saved after being flung through time - but Jack's temper got the better of him and cost him something even in the end.

Which brings up the question of should that future even have existed in the first place? Jack has 50+ Years of memories of a place that only exists in his own mind.

IMO, that's pretty deep.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I liked the ending, Jack can't have a happy life just given everything that has happened to him. He's lost everything, found it again, only for it to be nothing since time or whatever.

The issue I have is with the lady bug at the end. Ashi reincarnation? Are we to see that all of Jack's loss brought beauty? It felt weak at the final moments because I guess there is nothing to tie up or wrap up. It's a hero destroying a monster, as far as the narrative goes. Is the hero happy the monster is gone? Probably, but a lot of emotion was left untouched.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
talk about the symbolism and stuff all you want -- the pacing of this season was inconsistent as fuck past like the first 4 episodes
overall pretty good season that definitely peaked early and plateaued for the second half, at least for me. I felt like everything from the visuals to the pacing, the sound, and the thematic elements were a lot tighter in those first few episodes--remember more moments from those episodes than i do the latter half of the season lol. The show kind of got confused regarding whether it wanted to be episodic like the old seasons or try and focus more on a single threaded narrative since it had to wrap things up, so the visual consistency and pared down dialogue etc of the first few episodes kind of disappeared with the later ones

relationship between ashi and jack was also insanely rushed considering he did kill her sisters and shit :thonkang: like she went from trying to kill him constantly to just being like "okay then" in one episode, whats up with that

best char? still scotsman
best fight: daughters fight rematch
best villain? aku sucked in this season, demon ashi and the daughters stole the show
worst gripe? the show sucked its own dick a little TOO much for my liking, love ya genndy
final rating: 6-7/10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)