Tournament Hackmons 1v1 Mini-Tour [Won by The Immortal!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hosting a Hackmons 1v1 mini-tour while we have a ladder. The ladder is only going to last a month so we have that period to suspect and ban as necessary. You can use the ladder to test out things, but bring your best teams to the mini-tour! Ultimately, if you fair well in the tour then your opinion will hold more weight in deciding suspects and bans.

How to participate:
  • The first post in the thread is the signups. During the signups you post "in".
  • The Rounds will last 4 days from the time the round is posted here. At the end of the 4 days, I will call any unfinished matches and move to the next round.
  • All of the Rounds will take place in this thread, so keep your eyes peeled for when the round is over and the next round has started!
  • The goal is to have 32 participants. If that is not reached, signups will close in a few days.
  • Please schedule all matches via Profile Post. I can't see your PMs or outside chats, so without Profile Posts, I don't have any actual proof of activity and will just flip a coin. If you schedule your match on IRC or something, try to leave each other a Profile Post. That way, I can see you've both agreed to a time and you also have a nice reminder right on your profile.

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Tournament Rules:
  • Battles will be played on Pokemon Showdown, on either the Official server or the Tournaments server because I know for sure these are up-to-date.
  • This is a single elimination best of three tournament.
  • It is recommended that you save replays in case of disputes; however, you are not required to post them.
  • You may switch your team as much as you want.

Hackmons 1v1 discussion should take place in the 1v1 thread or in the Other Metas room and not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)