SM RU Hard Hitting M-Came; Psychium Z Bruxish (Peaked around 1500)

So, ever since the tiers settled, I've wanted to build a good team with Bruxish and Mega-Camerupt. I've always loved M-Cam, but always been disappointed at its usage in competitive play. Most mid-top ladder players tend to run it as a truck on Trick Room teams. But it's too good to be run in such a niche market. Its great bulk, its ability to hit hard on mons that resist its moves suggest it can be used in non-TR teams. Most of the defensive threats in the tier can be easily OHKO'd, 2HKO'd, or 3HKO'd (only writing it for Umbreon) by it. The team had to be built around countering those that threaten its dominance.

Because it is such a strong hitter, M-Cam acts as a good anti-lead, scaring out entry hazard setters. So, it is safe to run stealth rock; and it's a fair bet that you'll always get your rocks up. The fourth slot is a toss-up between toxic and HP-Ice. Given the rest of the team, you have the freedom to choose to play passively with toxic or threaten Gligar out. The EV spread allows it to speed-creep on uninvested Gigaliths running around.

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 144 SpA / 72 SpD / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Toxic/HP-Ice

Next up, the Z-move user - Bruxish. Blessed with one of my favorite abilities - strong jaw - there aren't a lot of defensive walls (safe for Registeel) that can handle a +2 Bruxish. Those that might think themselves capable to sponging a hit get REKT by Shattered Psyche. Alternatively, you could also run Black Hole Eclipse for those troublesome ghost types.

Bruxish @ Psychium Z
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs

While these two are the offensive core of the team, their speed isn't all that spectacular. A simple solution to slow but hard hitters has always been running a priority. In our case, that tends to be Aqua Jet. To help Bruxish get kills with Aqua Jet, I wanted to run an entry-hazard heavy team. In comes my second favorite spike setter (after protean Greninja), Cloyster. Even though the spike set is very common, it isn't all that known, and most loss-averse opponents tend to expect shell smash or straight up attacks. This mental deterrent is enough to get at least one layer of spike up. And by removing rapid spin from its set, Cloyster still has access to shell smash and rock blast. I elected to run Focus Sash over White Herb and King's Rock to allow late-game sweeps. To play Cloyster in this team correctly is to ensure that it remains at full health until its straight counters have been taken care of.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast

To keep with the offensive nature of this team, I wanted an attacking hazard remover - who better than Tsareena. With access to High Jump Kick, it has an advantage over mons like Umbreon, who might otherwise cause the team some problem. U-Turn allows it to gain momentum when a spin-blocker or counter is expected. It has just enough speed investment to outspeed any uninvested 80-base speed mons.

Tsareena @ Assault Vest
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Trop Kick
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin

With such a heavy focus on entry hazards, it would be stupid to let them be removed so easily. In comes the Arceus of lower tiers, Silvally. It helps that the RU meta sees more Rapid Spinners than Defoggers. Silvally is also able to tank neutral hits and pivot, thanks to Parting Shot. While the team cannot deal with defoggers, the saving grace is Cloyster, who plays well against defoggers.

Silvally-Ghost @ Ghost Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Parting Shot
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

And finally, another tank, Umbreon. The Umbreon-Silvally Ghost core has worked out very well for me. Even though a lot of physical fighting types have access to Knock Off, the mind games, the predictions, the fifty-fifties are pulled in favor of the core because of the couple's abilities to take hits. The cleric support Umbreon offers is also much appreciated by the attacking core. It is especially useful for helping negate entry hazards damage on Cloyster.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Using this team requires a great deal of forethought. That is down to the limited coverages of the movepools of the attacking members (even though, like written earlier, even a resisted hit from M-Cam deals huge damage). But between Bruxish, Cloyster, and M-Cam, there aren't a lot of teams that will resist an onslaught. So, take care to identify which attacker is most likely to sweep, put yourself in a position where you can run through half your opponent's team, and let the mons do all the work. The biggest threat to this team comes from Zygarde Doge, but then, let's be honest, unless you run Max-Def Blastoise or Chesnaught, there aren't a lot of mons that can face it straight up. Zygarde tends to take a kill every time it comes in against this team. I've considered raising the defense on Silvally to take hits from Doge and return with an ice beam, but the tradeoff there is either with Silvally's speed (which is crucial to get off Parting Shots against most attackers) or its HP stat, which reduces its effectiveness against other attackers. So far, the only way to beat Doge has been to build a situation where Bruxish is the last mon alive and has enough HP to not die to an E-Speed.

Please let me know what you think. Here's the pastebin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)