Hearthstone [IRC Channel #Skillstone]

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I mean, obviously you know better than me and have been watching all my games so you can tell me how my games have gone.

Traditional Rogue really doesn't have that many proactive plays, and boy is it gonna miss Tomb Pillager which is both proactive and refunds a Coin, which I mean that's why it falters a decent amount on its own too. I totally understand, and that's a much better criticism than "CLAW IS BAD LOL, AND WHAT DOES GADGETZAN AUCTIONEER DO." although just lemme be fucking salty at my astronomically bad luck tbh, I need to just not play this game for a while anyway

also claw is not "good" it is actually good, used to be my homeslice before living roots existed (and may be again once it stops existing in Standard)

e: wasn't that long ago that one of the top decks of the metagame was a completely reactive style of Warrior just FYI

Last edited:
1)Log in to see "Watch and Learn" quest
2)Goes to spectate Swamp Link
3)As soon as I get in, "You win this one, friend". Swamp Link wins
4)Goes to open pack that took literally 2 seconds of effort to get
5)???
6)Profit

Easiest Maly of my life. (also first Maly)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
I found Golden Bolvar hiding in my collection, so now I am playing Reno Mage.

I'm also Rank 7 now , because it turns out Hearthstone is still heavily skill-based.

Edit: And back in R4... finally lost a Dragon Priest mirror. Couldn't handle my opponent playing nine Drak Ops and Netherspites to my one (the last two of which were with a Brann), which was my opening hand Drak Op I didn't play until turn 8 because that's when I finally drew a second dragon.

Ha, thought I'd beat a Rogue with Pint-sized Cabal the auctioneer. He ignored it, mashed my face, I cleared the board... then I died two turns later to SWASHBURGLAR KAZAKUS, BURN POTION LEEROY MASH DAT FACE

also this

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Philosophers have long pondered, "Is it actually possible for a Rogue queueing into Mr.E to not curve out with Skilltime Skillaneer into Tomb Skillager into Gadgetzan Skillioneer?" Scientists have sought to answer such questions empirically, and it turns out it only happens roughly 96.8% of the time. The other 3.2% of the time, the opponent plays an 8/8-or-larger Edwin Van Cleef on T2-T3 and successfully dodges Mr.E having any actual answer to it. (Incidentally, I took two face shots from the last one and then managed to stabilize and win.)

Meanwhile, I've played six Rogue games myself now instead of going to bed 90 minutes ago like I should have for work. I've drawn Patches in four of these games and have not a single time so much as drawn Small-Time Buccaneer. *shrug* Honestly, the results just speak for themselves at this point...

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
donation message: "does the joy of winning outweigh the pain of losing" "no cuz I'm not a little bitch who is okay with being bad at games"

god I fucking love reynad

http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-30/

"The top 4 decks play Patches and Small Time Buccaneer. Coincidence?" So how are people enjoying their Piratestone? Shaman is still king, even Miracle Rogue is a face deck now, and Warrior still kills you by Turn 6 if you have a single dead turn before then. Not counting the midrange variants of the broken class, seems like Dragon Priest is the only player right now that has neither Turn 5 kill potential nor is a scrub ass greedlord running Sylvanas and Ragnaros in their glacial Reno decks (mostly Warlock) in a metagame defined by a 1 mana 4/3 half-charge.

Hit legend for the very first time today on a crazy winstreak from rank 3 0 stars. The climb is really frustrating at times but i feel like i got way better over the course of it. Played miracle rogue and a bit of midshaman for the run, started off with the homebrew questing list me and qsns made and then switched to the more refined lists as players better than me made them.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I hit legend at the end of season making it one of my slowest climbs ever, but according to stats the number of games played actually made it my fastest time ever (under 175 games).

I played weird jade decks to rank 5 that don't deserve recognition since whatever then I dicked around with Reno decks but I hate them so I stopped that and finally I finished my legend grind from rank 3 to legend in 3 hours today with a deck our very own Mr.E hates and thinks is bad: Freeze Mage

There is nothing special about this list aside from the fact in preys on Rogues, Shamans, and Renolocks with a passion (also the often played Dragon Priest). Pirate Warrior is a hard matchup, but it is beatable due to double Barrier giving you an extra 16 health and even a self-Alex has saved my life.

It's fun playing a meta where Freeze only has one bad matchup and it's beatable, not like when you used to queue against Warrior and it was an auto loss.

I don't play much constructed and as such haven't really posted in this thread before despite playing quite a bit of hearthstone. I spend most of my time messing around in the arena and I've been absolutely loving it in gadgetzan. Warlock is insanely good now and probably the best class to play. My last 5 runs with it I've gone 10, 7, 6, 12, and 10 wins and I didn't think any of my decks were particularly good outside of the 12 win one where I had triple Abyssal and overall excellent quality cards. Abyssal Enforcer and Blastcrystal Potion are crazy strong commons and Felfire Potion is quite good as well. Priest also went from one of the worst to one of the best with the addition of that broken 3 mana 3/4 +3 Health and potion of madness. It's still inconsistent as hell, but very strong.

Anyone else play a lot of arena or have any thoughts on the state of it right now? n_n

tried to swear hearthstone off for the rest of the month after tilting off the face of the planet but i logged in to do dailies, won with druid like 5 times, and decided to give it a final go.

I used a variation of Kripp's Jade N'zoth Shaman for the final push, and it worked surprisingly well lol. The deck was consistently grinding out Reno Warlocks and Reno Mages because of how dumb White Eyes + Aya + N'zoth is and could hold its own vs aggro due to adding Totem Golems from the original list, giving me a bit of early game pressure vs aggro and specifically Druid. Cool deck, don't know if its the best but I'd like to experiment more with it bc I think it shows a lot of promise. I think cutting one Lightning Storm from midrangey variants of Shaman is correct because it's a dead card in so so many matchups where you need pressure and if you storm on turn 3/4 vs aggro you lose most of the time anyways. Still good for shaman mirrors tho

edit: lmao I just had one totem golem. guess I'm a good shaman player and draw it pretty often!

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
You know what's good against Skilltime Skillaneer and his x/1 friends like Skillburglar, HA HA and Jade Golem #1? Arcane Blast, Missiles, Skillwanker. You know which one-drop puts Skill Trogg on his best days to fucking shame? The original, the almighty Skill Wyrm. Who has the hot starts to pressure and burn to finish slow, greedy Reno decks? Why, it's Tempo Mage! I wasn't really planning on hitting Legend this month but I closed out 2016 by spending the past hour going 10-0 with Tempo Mage in the easiest climb known to man while clicking through EDM stuff on Youtube. Totally standard list with Arcane Explosions, nothing special, no MSOG cards, just really well-positioned in the metagame right now I think.

I also watched Trump while I was eating dinner (it was him or Disguised Toast in dumpster Legend) and I watched him turn 4 lethal a Priest with the skilled player's class, Skillman.

Last edited:

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
calm down

e: to actually do something with this post;

are there any tips to getting more dust other than just disenchant all golden cards etc etc? because i want to get reno mage but im like 3k dust shy :p
Dusting useless legendaries is what I did. Aside from Sylv, grom, rag, maly, deathwing, ysera, c'thun, n'zoth, Harrison, Reno (actually all of the league of explorers but that's an adventure), Kazakus, Bloodmage, Archmage, Edwin, new priest legendary, Tirion, Alex, and TBK (he'll make a comeback).

So I made this list off the top of my head but every legendary that is not that should be questionable to keep and you can totally ask us if you should dust them.

Edit:
Also a lot of epic cards are really fucking bad (like Doom! and Gladiators Longbow) and can be easily disenchanted. You should be able to tell the difference between good epics (Doomhammer, Doomsayer) and bad ones.

Edit 2:
I've played enough hearthstone to know most cards off the top of my head and know their rarity. Now that's sad

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
I hate disenchanting actual cards even if some of them are really bad, but for Kazakus and co I had to dust a lot of random golden cards (and oh heydupe Gold Bolvar) which is an acceptable loss I think. If you're dusting random gold cards, I say start with spells (that don't generate other cards) because gold minions actually stick to the board and get some animation play.

"since pirates are seeing play in more decks than one, it must be more balanced for the metagame"

wha

also if your deck doesnt have patches ronald or operative it's probably bad. haven't had much fun playing this xpac past the first month :(

Reactions: Ary

phil

could do worse
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After not playing for the first 2 weeks I finally hit Legend with this Midrange Shaman deck

Here are my stats from the climb, they're kinda interesting

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Undertaker saw play in more than one class too, guess it was a fair and balanced card. thinkingfaceemoji.jpg

Matthew

I'm not sure if it's fair to compare any card to Undertaker. That was a legit fucked card that had no counter except turn 1/2 axe, frostbolt and Wrath. Pirate package is fucked for an entire different reason (running a 29 card deck, early game tempo)

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Even Undertaker didn't create a meta where you had the likeliest chance to lose the games at T2/3 like pirates do; often a game between decks running the pirate package comes down to who comes out ahead in that exchange, i.e. a N'Zoth's First Mate + Coin Deckhand + Patches pull into turn 2 Alex's Champ might blow the opposing Shaman out of the game and after that it's hard to recover so the Shaman just tries to blow you out (Burst, Lightning, etc.).

These are good changes, but I'm semi-salty this happened immediately after I unpacked patches and crafted leeroy last night

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)