Other Metagames HO-Ray for Pikachu- BH RMT peak 1811

HO-Ray for Pikachu- BH RMT peak 1811

Hi, and welcome to my 850 post RMT. I know it’s a bit odd, but SuMo is coming and this team was too good not to share. As you can tell from the title, it’s based around Pikachu. While this seems like a bad pick (looking at you Chloe. ), it’s really just niche. For a Hyper Offense team, it’s invaluable- unlike Chansey, it simply plows through most imposter-resistant cores. It does require a lot of support, but I knew firsthand how effective it could be if I got it that support, so I went for it. In the process, I ended up making one of the most HO-ey BH teams in the metagame and I never looked back. Sadly, the end of Sumo is rapidly approaching and I’m nowhere near 1000, so I might as well get it out there now.

First, I started with dual Pikachu. While Pikachu is mostly reliable, it is far more vulnerable to hax than Chansey, and since speed control cannot be assured you need to have multiple chances at success

Next, I added a Registeel. Its great bulk and steel typing let it switch into a wide variety of threats, and Prankster glare allows it remove the possibility of speed ties. U-turn is a slow pivoting move that can bring the team in safely.

After that, I needed an answer to stall. Specs Mega Rayquaza was my best option, with almost 0 switchins even without Stealth Rock. It can also RK some frail sweepers, and break substitute.

With my team as it was, I had no answers to Shedinja, so I needed a mold breaker. Mega Aerodactyl was my pick because of its high speed (enough to outspeed MMY and Mega Gengar, the latter of which ignored Pikachu and requires very little chip damage to defeat MRay). With Stealth Rock, Spore, and Taunt it can assure hazards stay up, and it can use Pursuit as an emergency answer to Shedinja.

After that, I was looking for an offense breaker, and my eyes settled on MMy. It outspeeds Mega Gengar, can take on stall, and most importantly is walled by Registeel, allowing me to improof it without dedicating a more pokemon to doing so. It also handles PH Tyranitar, which is otherwise a major issue.

Cosplay Champion (Pikachu-Cosplay) @ Light Ball
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Fake Out
- Water Shuriken
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off
+
Pikachu-Cosplay @ Light Ball
Naughty Nature
- Fake Out
- Water Shuriken
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off

The main Revenge Killers of the team, Cosplay Champion (x2) is invaluable in most matchups. Once you imposter their win condition, it’s almost always game over. The moves pre-imposter are almost never used, so they are designed for the times imposter doesn’t activate. Knock Off deals removes eviolites from imposter chansey, Fake Out breaks illusion without putting Pikachu at risk, Extreme Speed breaks MRay’s subs, and Water Shuriken handles Mega Gengar’s substitutes. The investment is odd as well, but HP is needed for imposters and Attack is the only other stat you’ll ever use.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Techno Blast
- Magma Storm / Volt Switch
- Extreme Speed / Secret Sword
The most powerful pokemon in BH, Mega Rayquaza is all but impossible to switch into. Boomburst is the spam move of choice, dealing heavy damage to anything that tries to come in and wall. Techno Blast does the same, except it deals with Soundproof pokemon and gives 8 more PP. Magma Storm can pick off Shedinja and opposing Steel-Type pokemon, while the other option of Volt Switch handles prediction and allows you to safely bring in Mega Aerodactyl against Shedinja. Secret Sword versus Extreme Speed is a matter of preference; I myself prefer the occasional revenge KO, but Secret Sword handles Tyranitar and Dialga efficiently while still smacking Chansey, Registeel, and Regirock​

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Taunt / Diamond Storm

While it’s primary goal is to KO Shedinja for its teammates, Aerodactyl can also pull it’s weight in other matches. Stealth Rock guarantees many KOes such as MRay vs Chansey and discourages switches, while Taunt+Spore prevents most pokemon from setting hazards of their own. Pursuit can also get chip damage versus Pokemon such as Aegislash and Giratina after you Taunt them. Diamond storm is also an option for more offensive presence, but I find the current moveset more generally useful.​

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Glare
- U-turn
- Recover
- Topsy-Turvy / Haze

Speed control, -ate check, slow pivot, imposterproofer - while Registeel is not optimized for any of these roles it fulfills them well, and the sheer role compression is incredible. Glare makes impostering trivial, U-Turn brings my nukes in safely, Recover keeps this healthy, and Topsy-Turvy/Haze handle setup. Haze does better versus Mega Rayquaza, Baton Pass, and Mega Gengar; Topsy Turvy is better versus imposters, Lati@s, Mega TTar, and contrary.​

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Tail Glow
- King's Shield

Last but certainly not least, we have Mega Mewtwo Y. The incredible speed tier is the best thing about this, but the special attack is nothing to scoff at; Moonblast OHKOes most PH TTar after Stealth Rocks, and standard PH Yveltal is destroyed. Psychic is a nuke that hits neutral targets extremely hard, OHKOing PDon with ease. Tail Glow allows this to break stall, while King’s Sheild blocks -ate if you don’t want to imposter it and scouts for sets.

Cosplay Champion (Pikachu-Cosplay) @ Light Ball
Naughty Nature
- Fake Out
- Water Shuriken
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Techno Blast
- Magma Storm
- Extreme Speed

Pikachu-Cosplay @ Light Ball
Naughty Nature
- Fake Out
- Water Shuriken
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Taunt

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Glare
- U-turn
- Recover
- Topsy-Turvy

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Tail Glow
- King's Shield

Threatlist:
Mega Gengar:
Despite the measures I took, this is still a major threat. Normalize is the bigger issue, but any set can be deadly if mishandled. The best counterplay is to keep up the offensive pressure and ensure it can’t come in on Registeel, but that isn’t always an option

Poison Heal Mega Tyranitar:
My only answer is to use moonblast on MMY, which obviously can’t come in, and Sucker Punch makes a mockery of even that. Pikachu can RK diamond storm sets, but the use of Knock Off and Will-O-Wisp makes that unreliable.

Assault Vest Regenerator Mega Metagross:
This walls MMY, Pikachu, and can threaten out Aerodactyl with Bullet Punch. It can also come in on Specs Boomburst several times and then force out MRay. While Registeel can easily come in, U-turn makes that risky in terms of momentum. Magma Storm does 2HKO, but it’s a bad move to be locked into and is rather inaccurate

Imposter Chansey:
While Chansey cannot safely come in on any pokemon, once in it can do a lot of damage. Stealth Rocks being set is annoying without hazard removal, Mewtwo hits hard (especialy once boosted), and if it imposters Mega Rayquaza it can bypass Registeel with some luck. Luckily, a Choice Specs Boomburst+Moonblast KOes MRay.

Prankster:
Prankster pokemon can tear fairly massive holes in my team. With Spore and Safety Goggles they can take out Pikachu, while Prankster Dark Void is something I have no answer too. Prankster Encore and Topsy Turvy stop MMY from beating walls like Registeel, while priority recovery prevents chip from adding up. My best bet is to use Mega Rayquaza against them,and hope they don't get too lucky.

I went for higher but Anna swapped her sets on me :C

Shoutouts:
motherlove for introducing me to Choice Specs MRay. IDK who invented it, thanks for letting me steal it. Stahp with the teams, though, they’re so annoying to face :P
n_v
Mq :D
Ransei for convincing me to use pikachu
AG Fam for being cool
OM Room people for putting up with me

Last edited:
Highly approve of the Safety Goggles on Aero and Regi.

A question, in your opinion, why is Imposter Pikachu more useful than other mons with imposter?
Frankly speaking? It's sweeping potential. Imposter is a stale threat in the current metagame, and every single team can handle it to some extent. However, Pikachu completely invalidates that idea.
For instance, if you imposter a mega Rayquaza, they can't just bring in their steel type and force you out; 0 SpA Light Ball Aerilate Pikachu Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 177-208 (48.6 - 57.1%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO. This means you don't have to wear down their team in order to sweep, and can freely use it to break down teams the moment they revenge Kill something. Additionally, Pikachu's low HP is just high enough to always live a Mega Diancie's Espeed, so in a pinch you don't need ties or Glare.

Frankly speaking? It's sweeping potential. Imposter is a stale threat in the current metagame, and every single team can handle it to some extent. However, Pikachu completely invalidates that idea.
For instance, if you imposter a mega Rayquaza, they can't just bring in their steel type and force you out; 0 SpA Light Ball Aerilate Pikachu Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 177-208 (48.6 - 57.1%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO. This means you don't have to wear down their team in order to sweep, and can freely use it to break down teams the moment they revenge Kill something. Additionally, Pikachu's low HP is just high enough to always live a Mega Diancie's Espeed, so in a pinch you don't need ties or Glare.
So why that over something with higher stats in general but with Imposter? Chansey is a dead part of the Meta now but what makes Pikachu superior to mons similar to this?

So why that over something with higher stats in general but with Imposter? Chansey is a dead part of the Meta now but what makes Pikachu superior to mons similar to this?
Because there aren't any pokemon similar to it; Light ball is unique to Pikachu. Clamperl has the exact same HP, so it's just worse, and while Marowak has more boosting attack is far less useful than both attack and special attack. Mega Latios does have a nice 80 HP, but +1 spa and spd is far less helpful than +2 Atk and Spa.

Because there aren't any pokemon similar to it; Light ball is unique to Pikachu. Clamperl has the exact same HP, so it's just worse, and while Marowak has more boosting attack is far less useful than both attack and special attack. Mega Latios does have a nice 80 HP, but +1 spa and spd is far less helpful than +2 Atk and Spa.
But why have 2 decent coverage imposter mon instead of a special attack and a attack mon for EV's being put into that?
I see the light ball advantage but why not a bulkier mon in general for switch ins etc.?

But why have 2 decent coverage imposter mon instead of a special attack and a attack mon for EV's being put into that?
I see the light ball advantage but why not a bulkier mon in general for switch ins etc.?
The evs only matter when you aren't impostering, as when you transform you take all stats bar HP. Attack is for the rare occasions when they have a substitute, where it allows me to break the Sub so my next Pikachu can imposter. As all good priority is physical and Pikachu is too slow to hit with regular moves, so I am invested in attack.

The evs only matter when you aren't impostering, as when you transform you take all stats bar HP. Attack is for the rare occasions when they have a substitute, where it allows me to break the Sub so my next Pikachu can imposter. As all good priority is physical and Pikachu is too slow to hit with regular moves, so I am invested in attack.
Then why not use the bulkiest mon possible (like people already use)?

Then why not use the bulkiest mon possible (like people already use)?
So I can break past imposterproofing? When you use Chansey and imposter Mega Rayquaza, they can just bring in Registeel and wall you; 252 SpA Aerilate Mega Rayquaza (Chansey imposter) Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 102-121 (28 - 33.2%) -- 93.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
However, with Pikachu, Registeel dies when it tries that; 252 SpA Light Ball Aerilate Pikachu Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 204-241 (56 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery. The same goes with Primal Groudon and Giratina (Although not swadloon), or Mega Latios and Mega Audino.

So I can break past imposterproofing? When you use Chansey and imposter Mega Rayquaza, they can just bring in Registeel and wall you; 252 SpA Aerilate Mega Rayquaza (Chansey imposter) Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 102-121 (28 - 33.2%) -- 93.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
However, with Pikachu, Registeel dies when it tries that; 252 SpA Light Ball Aerilate Pikachu Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 204-241 (56 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery. The same goes with Primal Groudon and Giratina (Although not swadloon), or Mega Latios and Mega Audino.
I see, and that makes a lot of sense. Durza Approved.

But why not run a Chansey AND a Pikachu rather than 2 Pikachu's? Not disagreeing with your team, just want to know your logic behind it all, you know?

I see, and that makes a lot of sense. Durza Approved.

But why not run a Chansey AND a Pikachu rather than 2 Pikachu's? Not disagreeing with your team, just want to know your logic behind it all, you know?
Honestly, you guys should of duked it out somewhere else lmao. He runs Pikachu mainly for -ates, as Light Ball M-Ray/M-Dian Boomburst can take out alot of health on Registeel and Aegislash (two of the main checks/counters to -ate). To your point, he doesn't run Chansey + Pikachu because:

1. that would make the team more passive tbh
2. Chansey + Pikachu seems awfully weird
3. If it comes down to 50/50 at least you have 2 pikas :)
4. Pikas are underrated and godly

Anyway, nice team Quantum Tesseract, I had been looking forward to see this. I'll comment later but yeah. :)

OK, sorry for a double post, but I guess it doesn't matter since this is a small thread.

So exactly how do you beat Flash Fire Aegislash? I don't see how Aegi can't just switch in to everything on your team, and wall it with ease. It may be minor, as you can easily wall Aegi with Regi, but it FF Aegi seems to completely stop your team. I'm not exactly sure how you would fix this problem, however. The only thing I really see working is Moonblast > Earth Power and like Yveltal > Aero, but that sort of changes your whole team so idk. Gives you something to think about tho :)

Aside from that, the team seems pretty good. I don't see any changes can possibly make, except for maybe Speed Boost>Sheer Force on mmy (which you don't like anyway but I'll just say it :P).

The team also has some problems with common pokemon. It's not a bad thing, but I feel like once Registeel dies there is nothing to hold the team together. That is because Glare+Prankster beats so many things that can easily wipe out your team, notably:

Band GW Mega-Ray
Mega-Gengar (obv imposter-proof)
Shift Gear Mega-Ttar (to an extent)
Any scarf contrary (while not popular, I feel like it would be an excellent c-team :P)

Also, other things this team has problems with:

Primal Groudon - V-Create/Thousand Arrows shoots through this team, even though it will be a very cruical 50/50 (or 75/25 heh) imposter.
Tinted Lens MMY - iirc everything gets two shot on the team, and its speed is faster than anything you have.
Mega-Garchomp - Again, Thousand Arrows just shoots through the team.

These three pokemon are easily imposter proofed (via Shedinja), and it will have to be the mind games to determine who wins.

This team is quite good for skilled players and gods like you, but for other less experienced players, I would NOT recommend this team to use due to how skilled you have to be. Nice team though :)

OK, sorry for a double post, but I guess it doesn't matter since this is a small thread.

So exactly how do you beat Flash Fire Aegislash? I don't see how Aegi can't just switch in to everything on your team, and wall it with ease. It may be minor, as you can easily wall Aegi with Regi, but it FF Aegi seems to completely stop your team. I'm not exactly sure how you would fix this problem, however. The only thing I really see working is Moonblast > Earth Power and like Yveltal > Aero, but that sort of changes your whole team so idk. Gives you something to think about tho :)

Aside from that, the team seems pretty good. I don't see any changes can possibly make, except for maybe Speed Boost>Sheer Force on mmy (which you don't like anyway but I'll just say it :P).

The team also has some problems with common pokemon. It's not a bad thing, but I feel like once Registeel dies there is nothing to hold the team together. That is because Glare+Prankster beats so many things that can easily wipe out your team, notably:

Band GW Mega-Ray
Mega-Gengar (obv imposter-proof)
Shift Gear Mega-Ttar (to an extent)
Any scarf contrary (while not popular, I feel like it would be an excellent c-team :P)

Also, other things this team has problems with:

Primal Groudon - V-Create/Thousand Arrows shoots through this team, even though it will be a very cruical 50/50 (or 75/25 heh) imposter.
Tinted Lens MMY - iirc everything gets two shot on the team, and its speed is faster than anything you have.
Mega-Garchomp - Again, Thousand Arrows just shoots through the team.

These three pokemon are easily imposter proofed (via Shedinja), and it will have to be the mind games to determine who wins.

This team is quite good for skilled players and gods like you, but for other less experienced players, I would NOT recommend this team to use due to how skilled you have to be. Nice team though :)
Thanks for the rate!
Flash fire aegislash isn't that big an issue for me, because 252 SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 153-181 (47.2 - 55.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and +3 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Mega Mewtwo Y Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 226-268 (69.7 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
but Prankster Aegislash/Registeel are, especially with Dark Void. I should probably add that to the threatlist, actually.

Thousand arrows is definitely a threat. MMY and Rayquaza can OHKO common users, and the latter can usually take an unboosted hit, but they still aren't what you would call reliable switchins. My best defense is that PDon and MegaChomp don't actually like coming in on my team, and rely on speed ties elsewhere. I'm not sure what to do about it without opening up a slew of other weaknesses, though.
Scarf Contrary is less of a threat because of Registeel, but after that goes down my team sorta folds like a blanket. Again, not entirely sure what to do about it.

This is a very insightful rate, so a second thanks for taking the time :).

One thing I've been thinking of is swapping out Aerodactyl for Deo-S. The extra speed seems useful for countering boosting sweepers, but I'm not sure it's worth the loss of a flying resist to cripple MRay in an emergency.

Been a while since I checked RMT section on smogon, I feel like I should've commented on this a lot sooner...

Anyway I'm not gonna say a lot, mainly because I've already forgotten about gen6 BH and wouldn't be able to give a proper rate even if I tried, but also because I feel this is a bit out of my area of expertise. I've never used or thought about using Pikachu (hell I don't even use imposter in general) and you have a lot more experience than anybody I know in that aspect so I don't think I can teach you anything.

I like the fact that you don't rely completely on Pikachu thought, Specs Ray + Mmy do give you good wallbreaking options when Pikachu isn't one which is a good thing and a mistake that I think a lot of people might initially make when building with Pikachu and trying to support them.

Ultimately this team does rely on matchup moreso then an other average team would (by that I mean you probably struggle against hard stall), but it does have a lot of its option covered and you definitely seem to know how to maximise your chances to win in most matches I've seen (sacrificing Regi just to get a para off n shit like that). So even if I don't feel like I can help you make this team better, I can certainly testify to this team's effectiveness in the ORAS BH metagame as some of our battles definitely had me sweatin'.

So yeah, cool team, good team, and carry on building because it's reassuring to have that one random dude who will keep building HO no matter how the meta shapes itself.

Also thanks for the shoutout :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)