HTML Tutoring Program [CLOSED]

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Approved by tennisace & Jellicent
art incoming by SailorCosmos

HTML Tutoring Program

Introduction

Hello everyone, Snobalt and I have the pleasure to introduce you the HTML Tutoring Program. This project will allow everyone who wants to participate to be able to learn HTML/CSS. As many of you already know, HTML/CSS is often used for Smogon, particularly for the articles, guides, and analyses. Being part of this project could allow you to know the HTML basics; it can also be useful for the Smogon Moderators that need to pass the Site Staff evaluation and it could also help you to pass the HTML evaluation to get involved with the Flying Press HTML team.

The Progress

We'll set up a base of HTML tutors that will give a personal staff monitoring to the tutees that you could be able to find below. This personal monitoring will allow you to know the HTML basics and will introduce you the CSS by doing specific exercises.

- If you are signing up as a tutee, you should give some details such as your PS! username, if you can access IRC and/or Skype, your timezone, and also an explanation of why you want to sign up for this project; it could help us to target your goal and to assign you the appropriate tutor.

- If you are signing up as a tutor, you should create a conversation on Smogon with Snobalt and me and give us some information such as your experience as an HTMLer, your PS! username, your timezone, and if you are willing to take on more than one tutee.
Note that you must be Flying Press approved or have the Site Staff badge to sign up as a tutor.

Here is a simple presentation of application to this project with all the details that were listed above:

PS! username:
IRC username:
Timezone:
Why am I applying to this program:

You can find the team right below; feel free to send a message to them if you have any questions.

HTML Tutoring Team

Awu (Co-Leader)​
PS! username: Awu
IRC username: Awu
Timezone: GMT +1
Willing to take more than one tutee: Yes

Snobalt (Co-Leader)
PS! username: Snobalt
IRC username: Snobalt
Timezone: GMT -5

Rhythms
PS! username: Rhythms
IRC username: Rhythms
Timezone: GMT -7
scpinion
PS! username: scpinion
IRC username: scpinion
Timezone: GMT -4
Willing to take more than one tutee: No

Helpers:

sparktrain
PS! username: sparktrain
IRC username: sparktrain

We hope to see many of you applying to this project!

Last edited:

Empress

Took a piss on my nutsack and called it Jack Black
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tutor/tutee pairings:

Awu: NotFalse / TraceofLife
Snobalt: Mr. Perry / Ununhexium

Rhythms: Private_PenQuin / PoMMan
scpinion: Misaka Mikoto

sparktrain: hoblaph / Mazz

Hall of Fame
Cynthia612
SparksBlade
Sobi
Milak

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
PS! username: SparksBlade
IRC username: SparksBlade
Timezone: +5.30
Why am I applying to this program: i wanna learn html ._.
well i've had short stints with html, but only with books/online courses, and frankly, they just can't match the help an actual teacher can provide. im also interested in working on articles here, and as a s/w engineer(4th sem :/) knowing som more stuff is just a win/win

Empress

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS! username: SparksBlade
IRC username: SparksBlade
Timezone: +5.30
Why am I applying to this program: i wanna learn html ._.
well i've had short stints with html, but only with books/online courses, and frankly, they just can't match the help an actual teacher can provide. im also interested in working on articles here, and as a s/w engineer(4th sem :/) knowing som more stuff is just a win/win
Damn that timezone :P
Your tutor is Awu.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
This is interesting o:

PS! username: combeee*
IRC username: Sobi*
Timezone: GMT
Why am I applying to this program: I know a tiny bit of HTML, and I've been using my rather extensive knowledge of it to create mediocre roomintros on various side servers. If I learn a bit more about HTML / CSS, I'll be able to create much better intros, and I can actually put my skills to some use!

*subject to change

Empress

This is interesting o:

PS! username: combeee*
IRC username: Sobi*
Why am I applying to this program: I know a tiny bit of HTML, and I've been using my rather extensive knowledge of it to create mediocre roomintros on various side servers. If I learn a bit more about HTML / CSS, I'll be able to create much better intros, and I can actually put my skills to some use!

*subject to change
Your tutor is myself.

PenQuin

!dice 100
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
PS! Username: Private_PenQuin
IRC Username: Private_PenQuin
Timezone:GMT -5
Why am i applying to this program: I'm hardly able to create a room intro on PS! I've started using codeacademy for a class i'm taking, which has been very helpful. I just want to be more helpful on PS! and Smogon.

PS! username: hoblaph
IRC username: hoblaph
Timezone: EST (GMT-5)
Why am I applying to this program: I used to like programming and tried teaching myself HTML a few years ago and then stopped. I always have urges to help the site and never know what to do, so this should help, since you can never have too many HTMLers

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
PS! username: Milak
IRC username: don't have IRC but i can access to Skype
Why am I applying to this program: I've always wanted to learn HTML, i only know basic things such as making staffintros or roomintro and i'd really like to learn more, my main goal is to help with tfp articles just to be more helpful :)

Empress

PS! username: hoblaph
IRC username: hoblaph
Timezone: EST (GMT-5)
Why am I applying to this program: I used to like programming and tried teaching myself HTML a few years ago and then stopped. I always have urges to help the site and never know what to do, so this should help, since you can never have too many HTMLers
Your tutor is sparktrain.
PS! username: Milak
IRC username: don't have IRC but i can access to Skype
Why am I applying to this program: I've always wanted to learn HTML, i only know basic things such as making staffintros or roomintro and i'd really like to learn more, my main goal is to help with tfp articles just to be more helpful :)
Your tutor is myself.

PS! username: Misaka Mikoto
IRC username: Can make another one
Why am I applying to this program: Well, I never really been interested in HTML before until recently last year. I do want to learn how to do HTML as well as I'm very curious. I have zero knowledge on how this would work but I definitely want to put this into good use for the future!

Empress

PS! username: Misaka Mikoto
IRC username: Can make another one
Why am I applying to this program: Well, I never really been interested in HTML before until recently last year. I do want to learn how to do HTML as well as I'm very curious. I have zero knowledge on how this would work but I definitely want to put this into good use for the future!
So this thing is still alive n_n
Your tutor is scpinion.

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
PS! username: Pomman
IRC username: Same
Timezone: GMT+10...
Why am I applying to this program: Twofold, one I want to set up my own business one day and part of doing so will be setting up a webpage and two because site staff is a cool looking badge and I dont want to wait to correct things I see when I'm randomly looking up gen2uu sets.

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS! Username: Mr. Perry or Valarr
IRC/Skype: I'd rather use Skype but no problem with irc, but I have not used it for a long time so I guess I forgot my last account ;~; rip
Timezone: GMT -3
Why am I applying to this program: I've always wanted to learn HTML but I did not have the patience nor the time back then to read portuguese books about it while also applying for uni, so now I'd like to finally understand about a subject which I'm very curious and also meet new users of the community! :)

Last edited:

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
PS! username: Ununhexium
IRC username: Ununhexium
Why am I applying to this program: because Snobalt is a nerd lol

Empress

Oh damn what did I miss this morning?
PS! username: Pomman
IRC username: Same
Timezone: GMT+10...
Why am I applying to this program: Twofold, one I want to set up my own business one day and part of doing so will be setting up a webpage and two because site staff is a cool looking badge and I dont want to wait to correct things I see when I'm randomly looking up gen2uu sets.
Your tutor is Rhythms.

PS! username: Ununhexium
IRC username: Ununhexium
Why am I applying to this program: because Snobalt is a nerd lol
Your tutor is unfixable.

Last edited:

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a defending SCL Champion
PS! username: NotFaLsE
IRC username: Same. However, I've probably used IRC two times in total. I'd prefer Skype if that's possible.
Timezone: GMT+8
Why am I applying to this program: I want to learn everything! (Awu told me to join)

trace

tell me
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
PS! username: TraceofLife
IRC username: same
Timezone: +7
Why am I applying to this program: i want to learn html

Empress

PS! Username: Mr. Perry or Valarr
IRC/Skype: I'd rather use Skype but no problem with irc, but I have not used it for a long time so I guess I forgot my last account ;~; rip
Timezone: GMT -3
Why am I applying to this program: I've always wanted to learn HTML but I did not have the patience nor the time back then to read portuguese books about it while also applying for uni, so now I'd like to finally understand about a subject which I'm very curious and also meet new users of the community! :)
PS! username: NotFaLsE
IRC username: Same. However, I've probably used IRC two times in total. I'd prefer Skype if that's possible.
Timezone: GMT+8
Why am I applying to this program: I want to learn everything! (Awu told me to join)
Uh, slight changes.
Mr. Perry, you will be working with me.
NotFalse, you will be working with Awu.

PS! username: TraceofLife
IRC username: same
Timezone: +7
Why am I applying to this program: i want to learn html
Very sorry about this, TraceofLife. There was some behind-the-scenes confusion, and we're a little understaffed right now. You'll remain on a waitlist but we'll try to get you a tutor as soon as one becomes available.
Well that didn't take long. You're working with Awu.

Last edited:
PS! username: OfficialThatGuy
IRC username: OfficialThatGuy
Skype username: OfficialThatGuy (I'd perfer Skype than IRC)
Why am I applying to this program: I'm really interested in learning HTML for a while. I also want to help here in Smogon and in PS. :)

PS! username: Mazz
IRC username: Mazz
Timezone: GMT -6
Why am I applying to this program: was recently selected to run Middle Cup, and I've been given the green light to start producing and uploading mini analyses. Have a small amount of HTML knowledge, but not enough to get analyses on site by myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)