HTML Tutoring Program [CLOSED]

Empress

33% coffee / 33% alcohol / 34% estrogen
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
We finally got an open spot! You're working with me.

PS! username: Mazz
IRC username: Mazz
Timezone: GMT -6
Why am I applying to this program: was recently selected to run Middle Cup, and I've been given the green light to start producing and uploading mini analyses. Have a small amount of HTML knowledge, but not enough to get analyses on site by myself.
B/c of what you want to learn, you'll be perfect for sparktrain.

Don't worry OfficialThatGuy, we'll get an open spot for you soon. (As in actually soon, not Smogon soon.)

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is a thing? Awesome!
PS! username: TheTiksiBranch
IRC username: Don't have one but could make one if it helped (and it would be TheTiksiBranch)
Timezone: EST
Why am I applying to this program: I've been getting more active in Flying Press and when I got my first HTML (s/o Snobalt), I found that the code actually made some sense, and decided I wanted to learn how to do it myself. Both very useful and a ticket into the HTML harem :3. I've taught myself some basics but still have some work to do, and that's why I'm here!

Empress

33% coffee / 33% alcohol / 34% estrogen
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for everyone in this program, but unfortunately, it's gonna have to come to a close.

The fact is that pretty much everyone outside of this program thought this was a bad idea, and it turns out they're right. HTML isn't really something that can be taught. The majority of the stuff you can learn from a tutor is stuff that you can find on Google yourself; even the best coders are very skilled users of Google. While all of the tutors definitely know their basic stuff about HTML, none of us (myself included) are really experienced enough to go beyond stuff that potential tutees can find online. As such, this program is, in many ways, hurting more than it's helping.

Thank you very much to the tutors and tutees that were interested in this. I appreciate your hard work, but it just wasn't meant to be. If you're still having tutoring sessions, you guys can finish what you've started, or the tutees can take over on their own right now. For any tutees who want to continue on their own, this course on CodeAcademy should cover most of the basics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)