Toxapex @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Metal Burst
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Super Fang

Inherits from, respectively, Salazzle and Mawile.
First one purpose is to cripple for stall, since poison and burn are essential for these kind of teams.
Second one is just a annoying Intimidate set. Metal Burst is cool, Super Fang is just to fill another space, Foul Play and Knock Off are really useful. Lack of recovery is a pain tho, might use a wisher or something.

----

Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- U-turn
- Wish
- Thunder Wave

Inherits from Togedemaru.
Similar to the one I actually use. Couldn't make it fit in my stall team.
Physical Wall that stops pretty much every non-SD Kartana and punishes with Iron Barbs and Rocky Helmet. Unlike the one I use this one has acess to Wish, which may be useful to your team dunno. TW is really nice, U-turn for STAB pivotin'.
It kinda funny how people like to use U-turn on this. It hurts 'em way, like, 25%.
Beware Hoopa and Flying mons tho.

----

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder Wave

Inherits from Sawsbuck.
Pretty much Miltank without EQ. But Leech Seed can be better than EQ if you control the hazard game. People don't seem to know Saws has Sap Sipper tho, lel.
Less PPs in the recovery move and no offense can backfire often tho.
A magic bouncer can deal with other magic bouncers or taunters that stop this lil' guy.

----

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Volt Switch
- Knock Off
- Toxic

and

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers / Light Clay
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Reflect / Light Screen
- Wish / Light Screen
- Toxic / Volt Switch

Inherits from Thundurus-T and Jolteon.
uh, doesn't work for me. I'm sure you can pull a better use.

----

*BONUS*

Eevee @ Eevium Z
Ability: Simple
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Last Resort
- Protect

Inherits from Bibarel.
So, I saw someone using this gimmick and made my version. Props for him/her for being creative. I love you.
Everything +4 Last Resort is cool.
It seems like there is no Baton Pass Clause too. So you can pull off a +2 all Baton Pass if you want.

Last edited:
ok i vote BAN ON KARTANA, NO BAN ON HOOPA-U

i already give the reqs at post #307

Reasons :
Kartana : OMG F*CK THIS THINGS. no consistent answer to this, eviolite max max unaware doublade got 2hkoed by this thing. you need atleast 2 answers just to answer this thing. even bad offensive typing can't hinder it, and protean exist. not to mention pairing with trapper like something inheriting from A-Golem make a guaranteed kill (especially dhelmise set, which prevent you from double switching thanks to anchor shot). the easier to handle is bulu set, but if you meet LarvitarxKartana, just die tho. and someone already post the calcs so you already know what kartana doing.
Hoopa-U : yeah, it hits hard, but the same thing apply to TorkoalxTran, TinixZardx, TinixAlowak and KokoxXurks (for me actually TorkoalxTran is more scary tho). this still have an answer. Bruxish set stopped cold by bulky dark types. Conv-Z likely outclassed with Xurkitree, Adaptability PorygonzxHoopa can't do anything to Mandibuzz, Magearna, Umbreon and Guzzlord (yeah GUZZLORD). while it have mixed strong attack, it have drawbacks in speed stat and defense stat. STALL literally have answer for this.

som replays why i choose ban on kartana and no ban on hoopa-u
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-537672333
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-537685494
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-537690717
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-537735766

some people please give a reasons if you want to ban or no ban, just because it may seem broken on paper, doesn't mean it will broken in practice.

yeah, you night think "but KecleonxHoopa-U is broken!", but even hoopa-u banned, it can be changed to azelf, Latios, Alowak, even Kyurem. i think the problem itself is in Protean, which give many so unpredictability from the metagame,

speaking of guzzlord, here it's the set.

Guzzlord @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 152 Atk / 116 Def / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-Turn
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Hammer Arm

Shoutouts to LuxioBro for using this thing. actually i don't know how the EV he use, so i give some weird EV spread. 116 Def to prevent OHKOd from +6 Knock Off Mega Gyara from full, enough SPDef to uninvested Dazzlng Gleam from Tapu Fini and the rest in Attack. (sorry tho i steal your set, but it's so good).

ok i vote BAN ON KARTANA, NO BAN ON HOOPA-U

i already give the reqs at post #307

Reasons :
Kartana : OMG F*CK THIS THINGS. no consistent answer to this, eviolite max max unaware doublade got 2hkoed by this thing. you need atleast 2 answers just to answer this thing. even bad offensive typing can't hinder it, and protean exist. not to mention pairing with trapper like something inheriting from A-Golem make a guaranteed kill (especially dhelmise set, which prevent you from double switching thanks to anchor shot). the easier to handle is bulu set, but if you meet LarvitarxKartana, just die tho. and someone already post the calcs so you already know what kartana doing.
Hoopa-U : yeah, it hits hard, but the same thing apply to TorkoalxTran, TinixZardx, TinixAlowak and KokoxXurks (for me actually TorkoalxTran is more scary tho). this still have an answer. Bruxish set stopped cold by bulky dark types. Conv-Z likely outclassed with Xurkitree, Adaptability PorygonzxHoopa can't do anything to Mandibuzz, Magearna, Umbreon and Guzzlord (yeah GUZZLORD). while it have mixed strong attack, it have drawbacks in speed stat and defense stat. STALL literally have answer for this.

som replays why i choose ban on kartana and no ban on hoopa-u
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-537672333
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-537685494
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-537690717
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-537735766

some people please give a reasons if you want to ban or no ban, just because it may seem broken on paper, doesn't mean it will broken in practice.

yeah, you night think "but KecleonxHoopa-U is broken!", but even hoopa-u banned, it can be changed to azelf, Latios, Alowak, even Kyurem. i think the problem itself is in Protean, which give many so unpredictability from the metagame,

speaking of guzzlord, here it's the set.

Guzzlord @ Assault Vest
EVs: 152 Atk / 116 Def / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-Turn
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Hammer Arm

Shoutouts to LuxioBro for using this thing. actually i don't know how the EV he use, so i give some weird EV spread. 116 Def to prevent OHKOd from +6 Knock Off Mega Gyara from full, enough SPDef to uninvested Dazzlng Gleam from Tapu Fini and the rest in Attack. (sorry tho i steal your set, but it's so good).
Tbh the only reason you would want to run doublade is to check stuff like Kartana and other things, where coverage options lie in EQ, which you need to actually run levitate. If I would run a physical wall to blanket check stuff, I'd actually go suicune/toxapex and others, which doesnt rely on eviolite on their bulk. And oh, Buzzwole checks non cb dhelmise kartana well, and other non dhelmise kartana sets.

Also can you tell me what are stall answers to hoopa-u? The reason why hoopa-u is actually too good is not because of a single set, but because it can run a lot effectively, and I already stated those ones before. It's also the strongest mixed attacker around, which makes it even harder to wall, so i dont think stall has definite answers to this.

Maybe I'm getting too nitpicky, but why would tapu fini use dazzling gleam over moonblast?

Also +6 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 116 Def Guzzlord: 546-642 (93 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO ?_?

I think you wanted to say +4?

Tbh the only reason you would want to run doublade is to check stuff like Kartana and other things, where coverage options lie in EQ, which you need to actually run levitate. If I would run a physical wall to blanket check stuff, I'd actually go suicune/toxapex and others, which doesnt rely on eviolite on their bulk. And oh, Buzzwole checks non cb dhelmise kartana well, and other non dhelmise kartana sets.

Also can you tell me what are stall answers to hoopa-u? The reason why hoopa-u is actually too good is not because of a single set, but because it can run a lot effectively, and I already stated those ones before. It's also the strongest mixed attacker around, which makes it even harder to wall, so i dont think stall has definite answers to this.

Maybe I'm getting too nitpicky, but why would tapu fini use dazzling gleam over moonblast?

Also +6 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 116 Def Guzzlord: 546-642 (93 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO ?_?

I think you wanted to say +4?
mmm actually i have mandibuzz for pairing with doublade. which cover the ground and ghost weakness. still, i need atleast 2 checks to check it isn't? if you say suicune / toxapex, they'll definitely die to kartana anyway. Levitate Doublade just become set-up fodder for kartana, unless you want something like Fire Punch / Flamethrower in Levitate Doublade which is kinda silly just to check Kartana.

actually i tried all i mentioned above, for mandibuzz, Prankster Haze making it to be a check to not only Hoopa-U, but also some set-up sweepers in general. neutral to fighting and immunity to ground is nice for dark types. Mandi have good mixed defenses too. same can be apply to Umbreon except you now have weakness to fighting and no immunity to ground while not weak to rock and boltbeam. non protean hoopa is checked consistently by those. and some things like Magearna, Guzzlord (again, underrated i think), Tyranitar, Alolan-Muk work. heck, even something like Scrafty can be a nice check to it (yeah i know scrafty is kind of silly but my point is so many viable checks/counters to hoopa-u already for stall). the difference why i vote ban on kartana and no ban on hoopa-u is kartana forced me to run 2 checks in teambuilding, while hoopa-u isn't.

well, dazzling gleam is random though, some fini run dazzling gleam because some pokemon doesn't have Moonblast, like if you inherit from something like Lanturn , but look at this calc :

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protean Xurkitree Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Assault Vest Guzzlord: 474-558 (80.7 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Heatran Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Assault Vest Guzzlord in Sun: 231-273 (39.3 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Hoopa-Unbound Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Assault Vest Guzzlord: 282-334 (48 - 56.8%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tinted Lens Hoopa-Unbound Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Assault Vest Guzzlord: 186-222 (31.6 - 37.8%) -- 91.1% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Keldeo All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Assault Vest Guzzlord: 486-572 (82.7 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

i think you get my point.

also, i mean Jolly, not Adamant.
+6 252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 116 Def Guzzlord: 497-585 (84.6 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. this replay shows it tho:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-538852916

also anyone have checks for TinixAlowak in stall teams not named ArcaninexBuzzwole?

mmm actually i have mandibuzz for pairing with doublade. which cover the ground and ghost weakness. still, i need atleast 2 checks to check it isn't? if you say suicune / toxapex, they'll definitely die to kartana anyway. Levitate Doublade just become set-up fodder for kartana, unless you want something like Fire Punch / Flamethrower in Levitate Doublade which is kinda silly just to check Kartana.

actually i tried all i mentioned above, for mandibuzz, Prankster Haze making it to be a check to not only Hoopa-U, but also some set-up sweepers in general. neutral to fighting and immunity to ground is nice for dark types. Mandi have good mixed defenses too. same can be apply to Umbreon except you now have weakness to fighting and no immunity to ground while not weak to rock and boltbeam. non protean hoopa is checked consistently by those. and some things like Magearna, Guzzlord (again, underrated i think), Tyranitar, Alolan-Muk work. heck, even something like Scrafty can be a nice check to it (yeah i know scrafty is kind of silly but my point is so many viable checks/counters to hoopa-u already for stall). the difference why i vote ban on kartana and no ban on hoopa-u is kartana forced me to run 2 checks in teambuilding, while hoopa-u isn't.

well, dazzling gleam is random though, some fini run dazzling gleam because some pokemon doesn't have Moonblast, like if you inherit from something like Lanturn , but look at this calc :

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protean Xurkitree Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Assault Vest Guzzlord: 474-558 (80.7 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Heatran Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Assault Vest Guzzlord in Sun: 231-273 (39.3 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Hoopa-Unbound Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Assault Vest Guzzlord: 282-334 (48 - 56.8%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tinted Lens Hoopa-Unbound Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Assault Vest Guzzlord: 186-222 (31.6 - 37.8%) -- 91.1% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Keldeo All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Assault Vest Guzzlord: 486-572 (82.7 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

i think you get my point.

also, i mean Jolly, not Adamant.
+6 252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 116 Def Guzzlord: 497-585 (84.6 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. this replay shows it tho:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-538852916

also anyone have checks for TinixAlowak in stall teams not named ArcaninexBuzzwole?
I never said cune and toxapex are kartana answers, but better physical walls in general rather than doublade. Most good levitate doublades have good answers in kartana, like willowisp (solrock) or dragon tail (hydreigon), which are useful against physical attackers. They also have reliable recovery.

Also i guess it's my fault not specifying, but I was talking about mixed hoopa having no answers, so my bad. Although the checks that you mentioned get destroyed by tinted lens and some shell smash variants. Also I really dislike the argument "made me run two checks so i voted for ban", since other powerful attackers, that arent really broken, needs to take in consideration to have secondary checks to ease pressure from a single mon.

Is that a shellsmash gyarados? if it is, i believe it doesnt need jolly, and must be adamant since it's hitting a very high speed after +2, already oupacing scarf kartana, which is probably the fastest scarfer.

Also I just found a very smart person in the ladder. I dont know but people could do this so that their set couldnt be revealed. Tagging The Immortal if something can be done to this.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-539173593

Last edited:
Any Flash Fire-toting Electric resist, for starters, but since that doesn't seem to be your speed, bulky Fire-resistant Ground-types work (Swampert, Zygarde, Rhyperior) and Electric-immune Water-types will do the trick.

I never said cune and toxapex are kartana answers, but better physical walls in general rather than doublade. Most good levitate doublades have good answers in kartana, like willowisp (solrock) or dragon tail (hydreigon), which are useful against physical attackers. They also have reliable recovery.

Also i guess it's my fault not specifying, but I was talking about mixed hoopa having no answers, so my bad. Although the checks that you mentioned get destroyed by tinted lens and some shell smash variants. Also I really dislike the argument "made me run two checks so i voted for ban", since other powerful attackers, that arent really broken, needs to take in consideration to have secondary checks to ease pressure from a single mon.

Is that a shellsmash gyarados? if it is, i believe it doesnt need jolly, and must be adamant since it's hitting a very high speed after +2, already oupacing scarf kartana, which is probably the fastest scarfer.

Also I just found a very smart person in the ladder. I dont know but people could do this so that their set couldnt be revealed. Tagging The Immortal if something can be done to this.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-539173593
being better in general walls doesn't mean doublade don't have a good use. every mons have a different function. for me why i like unaware doublade because he pretty much stopped contrary user, knock off and slow u-turn pivot which give me a momentum.
willowisp (solrock) doublade is destroyed by larvitarxkartana, when dragon tail variant almost can do nothing except phaze kartana. i guess i don't need to specify the calcs cz someone already posted that for other checks.
the argument "made me run two checks so i voted for ban" means pretty much you need an immense dedication on a teambuilding level and still, every kartana comes in, you will see something will die or crippled (in case of rachixkartana, which spamming iron head for flinch and have trick) which is not healthy in the meta.

ok i get an example of mandibuzz since i mentioned it earlier. i got the EV spread from the standard set in ORAS, you can customize it if you want.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Haze
- Toxic

252 Atk Life Orb Tinted Lens Hoopa-Unbound Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Mandibuzz: 185-218 (43.7 - 51.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Tinted Lens Hoopa-Unbound Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 108 SpD Mandibuzz: 195-229 (46 - 54.1%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
immune to psychic type and shell smash variant can be haze'd, mandi job just foul played him .. is this what you want?

well, idk why he use jolly, maybe to speed tie against other gyarados? i don't know. unfortunately my hammer arm missed and he setup until +6.
jolly is still relevant because there are things like BibarelxGyarados too. if you want to more minimalize damage for Adamant, then you can sure drop EV from Atk stat and give it to Def.

Any Flash Fire-toting Electric resist, for starters, but since that doesn't seem to be your speed, bulky Fire-resistant Ground-types work (Swampert, Zygarde, Rhyperior) and Electric-immune Water-types will do the trick.
ah thank you, i think i'll get Zygarde since it's so bulky physicaly.

Last edited:
being better in general walls doesn't mean doublade don't have a good use. every mons have a different function. for me why i like unaware doublade because he pretty much stopped contrary user, knock off and slow u-turn pivot which give me a momentum.
willowisp (solrock) doublade is destroyed by larvitarxkartana, when dragon tail variant almost can do nothing except phaze kartana. i guess i don't need to specify the calcs cz someone already posted that for other checks.
the argument "made me run two checks so i voted for ban" means pretty much you need an immense dedication on a teambuilding level and still, every kartana comes in, you will see something will die or crippled (in case of rachixkartana, which spamming iron head for flinch and have trick) which is not healthy in the meta.

ok i get an example of mandibuzz since i mentioned it earlier. i got the EV spread from the standard set in ORAS, you can customize it if you want.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Haze
- Toxic

252 Atk Life Orb Tinted Lens Hoopa-Unbound Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Mandibuzz: 185-218 (43.7 - 51.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Tinted Lens Hoopa-Unbound Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 108 SpD Mandibuzz: 195-229 (46 - 54.1%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
immune to psychic type and shell smash variant can be haze'd, mandi job just foul played him .. is this what you want?

well, idk why he use jolly, maybe to speed tie against other gyarados? i don't know. unfortunately my hammer arm missed and he setup until +6.
jolly is still relevant because there are things like BibarelxGyarados too. if you want to more minimalize damage for Adamant, then you can sure drop EV from Atk stat and give it to Def.

ah thank you, i think i'll get Zygarde since it's so bulky physicaly.
Uhm i didnt say doublade has no use as a blanket check in physical attackers, but cune just checks lots more. Also you cant haze hoopa rofl.

Eh this is actually just being a repetitive discussion, and I guess we really just have different opinions on these stuff it seems.

Uhm i didnt say doublade has no use as a blanket check in physical attackers, but cune just checks lots more. Also you cant haze hoopa rofl.

Eh this is actually just being a repetitive discussion, and I guess we really just have different opinions on these stuff it seems.
you can Haze'd hoopa, because Haze targeted as an effect area, not specifically targeted the mons, so yeah, you can reset the stats, unlike topsy-turvy which targeted the mons.

you can Haze'd hoopa, because Haze targeted as an effect area, not specifically targeted the mons, so yeah, you can reset the stats, unlike topsy-turvy which targeted the mons.
Ah i see. Thanks for letting me know that.

But with that, is murkrow a potential suspect? It gives you reliable recovery, and all kinds of stoping sweepers with haze and foul play.

Interesting to hear people suggest a Murkrow suspect. I haven't laddered much this month because to me it's a bit flat with the donor reveal mechanic. But I did use a fair bit of Murkrow Tapu Fini in the time that I did ladder earlier in the month, and however I never thought about it being possibly broken, it never once failed to perform excellently.

Here's a reply showing just how reliable it is. As I experiment with a first draft Stall team late at night, playing like absolute garbage, Murkrow Tapu Fini still manages to perform and bring in the win.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-527509268

Prankster Haze + Recover is the main appeal most see in inheriting from Murkrow, but to me one of the real sellers is priority Feather Dance. Feather Dance is so ridiculously spammable against physical attackers, halving their attack lower and lower before they even get a chance to move, and many a time crippling them faster than they can boost. This alongside Night Shade for consistent damage no matter who the base pokemon, allows Murkrow inheritors to take on almost any Physical attacker quite handily 1v1.

I of course use Tapu Fini as my go to Murkrow inheritor because it is far and away the best Mega Gyarados counter, but there are of course many other pokemon who can viably use the combination of Prankster Haze+Roost+Feather Dance+Night Shade. Murkrow giving the ability to blanket check set up sweepers and cripple physical attackers (or any should you opt for Thunder Wave).

I'm still unsure as to whether there is any need to think about getting rid of it, just wanted to put a bit of a spotlight on it. We likely have bigger fish to fry for the moment.

Interesting to hear people suggest a Murkrow suspect. I haven't laddered much this month because to me it's a bit flat with the donor reveal mechanic. But I did use a fair bit of Murkrow Tapu Fini in the time that I did ladder earlier in the month, and however I never thought about it being possibly broken, it never once failed to perform excellently.

Here's a reply showing just how reliable it is. As I experiment with a first draft Stall team late at night, playing like absolute garbage, Murkrow Tapu Fini still manages to perform and bring in the win.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-527509268

Prankster Haze + Recover is the main appeal most see in inheriting from Murkrow, but to me one of the real sellers is priority Feather Dance. Feather Dance is so ridiculously spammable against physical attackers, halving their attack lower and lower before they even get a chance to move, and many a time crippling them faster than they can boost. This alongside Night Shade for consistent damage no matter who the base pokemon, allows Murkrow inheritors to take on almost any Physical attacker quite handily 1v1.

I of course use Tapu Fini as my go to Murkrow inheritor because it is far and away the best Mega Gyarados counter, but there are of course many other pokemon who can viably use the combination of Prankster Haze+Roost+Feather Dance+Night Shade. Murkrow giving the ability to blanket check set up sweepers and cripple physical attackers (or any should you opt for Thunder Wave).

I'm still unsure as to whether there is any need to think about getting rid of it, just wanted to put a bit of a spotlight on it. We likely have bigger fish to fry for the moment.
The ones I've seen are Prankster Haze + Recover + Mean Look + Perish Song.

The ones I've seen are Prankster Haze + Recover + Mean Look + Perish Song.
ayy that's my set
I started using it really early, I saw noone using it so I thought it would be a cool surprise factor.

Ah i see. Thanks for letting me know that.

But with that, is murkrow a potential suspect? It gives you reliable recovery, and all kinds of stoping sweepers with haze and foul play.
Make it as a potential suspect? hmm

I actually use it on a trapper Celesteela but I can point out many flaws it has.
The trapper set is really hard to put to work with, since U-turns/Volt Switchers doesn't give a fuck and can hit you on switch. It also can't resist massive raw damage, and roost might give you some lethal weakness depending on which poké you're inheriting from. It also cannot trap Dark types (fml prankster nerf) and ghost types (tho I've only seen Sableye and Doublade). Usually its role is more to stop setuppers and absorb hits to a safe switch than anything else. While it checks stall teams it can't do much against agressive ones.

The Feather Dance sounds really cool. It seems to work against the right teams tho, but what can it do against bouncers or normal types? Moves like toxic, taunt, leech seed, will-o-wisp are kinda hard to predict/switch safely. It also can't do much to bulky pokémons with recovery moves/regenerator. Most of the other sets as well. While it checks agressive teams it can't do much against stall.

Prankster Mandibuzz is cool and prolly one of the best users. Still really far from broken.

Last edited:
Well, now that February is almost over I think it's time to share my favorite team with everyone else here. It got me to #1 on the ladder early on, then faded a little as people started to realize they needed to seriously prepare for this kind of team. Regardless, it's incredibly fun to use so here you go.

Inheritance Electric Terrain Team

Koko Puffs (Tapu Koko) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Play Rough
- Fire Blast
- Swords Dance

Pure Bliss (Blissey) (F) @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Nature's Madness
- Roost

Rare Plug (Xurkitree) @ Magnet
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 16 Def / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

2 Blaidz (Doublade) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Roost
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Gyro Ball

Bamboozled (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Calm Mind
- Air Slash

Joey Chestnut (Guzzlord) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hammer Arm
- Iron Tail

First thing's first, shout out to OriolesFan52 for helping me test this archetype on DragonHeaven back in the day, and shout out to Ngetroll and all his various accounts for playing me until I got tired of it lol. Anyways, the purpose of this team is simple: set up Electric Terrain with Blissey, wreak havoc with Xurkitree and Tapu Koko, and pivot with Doublade and Guzzlord in case you get outsped/can't secure a KO (which doesn't happen as often as you might expect).

Koko went through some changes on my team. Originally it was Galvanize from Golem-A. I then realized inheriting Bolt Strike from Victini hit harder. After being worn down from Life Orb recoil, I settled on this Mawile set. I like leading with it since it puts offensive pressure on opponents and doesn't need Electric Terrain to do damage thanks to Play Rough being its strongest STAB. It provides nice resistances to Fighting, Dark, and Bug (here's looking at you Buzzwole) and can take most things 1v1 thanks to its blazing 130 speed.

If you can get a SD in, go for it. Most players will switch to a Fairy resist, many of which are bopped by Fire Blast. If the opponent has a special wall that could force Xurkitree to switch, make sure to not play recklessly with Tapu Koko.

Blissey works perfectly as my terrain setter. Tapu Koko has an incredible movepool for such a pure defensive mon. Blissey can act as a slow pivot and a special wall at the same time. Toxic + Nature's Madness will defeat most special attackers in a 1v1 situation, Blissey can Roost off damage, and U-Turn to Xurkitree or Tapu Koko if I need to attack

The power Xurkitree possesses is incredible. It inherits from Alolan Raichu and is EV'd to outspeed Scarf Kartana under E-Terrain and everything slower. It beats any non-unaware Chansey 1v1, which very few special attackers can say. Don't believe me?

+2 252+ SpA Magnet Xurkitree Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Electric Terrain: 367-433 (57.1 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

After a Nasty Plot, it nets a clean 2HKO on Chansey. Anything not immune or a bulky resist will be shredded. HP Ice is for Garchomps and Landorus-T's who think they can come in and DD on you. Many people assume specs because they're unfamiliar with it's raw power

The amount of setup sweepers in Inheritance warrants at least one Unaware user per team. I chose Doublade because of its synergy with my special walls. Dragon Dance users fear Gyro Ball, while switchins dislike Knock Off, and Doublade can U-Turn to an attacker if it wants to escape. Not much else to be said.

All but one of my mons have a pivot move, which means I need some form of hazard control. Enter Celesteela, who should be switched in every time a Stealth Rock or Spikes is predicted. It also has great physical bulk and checks Kartana (until it gets banned, that is). In rare situations, Celesteela can act as a win condition by boosting with Calm Mind then spamming Air Slash. Most of the time, you'll be pivoting with U-Turn or healing chip damage with Roost.

The meme of my team, Guzzlord is surprisingly effective. It counters Tork-Tran and most Mega Gyarados, which my team sorely needs. It also switches into any high powered Electric attacks that I see a lot as a byproduct of my Electric Terrain strategy. The fourth move is up for changing, as is the EV spread. I don't think I've ever clicked Iron Tail in my life, but I can't find any other moves from Tornadus-T that I would wind up using. No matter, since Guzzlord does its job and does it well

Threats: If you can get hazards up, my team becomes that much easier to beat. There's a lot of switching involved, so it's a quick way to rack up damage. In terms of actual pokemon, any bulky wall immune to Electric will give me a hard time. Special mention goes to Ngetroll's Sap Sipper Swampert for making life difficult. Volt Absorb on mons like Tapu Fini work too. Offensively, I despise mixed or physical Protean users. Hoopa-U, Marowak, whatever- if you can get off a move, I will most likely have to sacrifice someone. Boosting physical sweepers that can break Doublade also hurt, since I lack the priority to finish them off. Mega Gyarados (if Guzzlord is removed) or Zygarde inheritors with STAB TArrows are best at this. Try and prevent them from setting up by pivoting to Xurkitree at the right time.

Miscellaneous Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-539339544
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-539370415
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-539322507

This team is ridiculously fun to use, so I encourage anyone to give it a try. You'll be amazed at how much damage you deal. Don't sleep on the power of Electric Terrain!

Last edited:

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Guess will drop my stall team that I made day 1 since Inheritance came on server and has gotten me quite a bit of success on ladder and in room tours. It also works even better now due to Pheromosa's ban and the potential bans of both Kartana and Hoopa-U.

The team is basically centered around checking the most threats as possible to open up for a sweep with Snorlax. Swampert is here as a reliable SR setter that also can check Torkoal inheritors such as Heatran. Tapu Fini is the blanket check to most setup sweepers (mainly being Caracosta ones such as Landorus-T and Mega Metagross), while also just being a hard ass mon to break down thanks to its amazing defensive typing. Chansey is here to cheese out threats by perishtrapping them, opening up holes for the win condition to sweep. Muk-A is here to remove hazards with Spin since it can 1v1 most Ghost-types and also provides a nice check to certain Hoopa-U variants (mainly Pory-Z ones). Celesteela is here to provide another Psychic resist and can also help wall threats such as Mega Alakazam and Latios much better. Snorlax is here as its one of the most difficult mons to stop once it starts to setup thanks to PH and Spore being so devious against enemy teams.

Inheritance was fun to play (although the tiering could have gone much quicker and people abusing locking was annoying af), but overall I enjoyed this OMoTM.

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Perish Song
- Feather Dance
- Roost
- Mean Look

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Milk Drink
- Heal Bell

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

Snorlax @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpD
Careful Nature
- Facade
- Spore
- Bulk Up
- Protect

Muk-Alola @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Recover

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SpD
Calm Nature
- U-turn
- Air Slash
- Haze
- Roost

Can you please ban Silvally? Not that its too strong or anything but its bugging around.
- You can change the Type without the fitting ability
- Ignores effectiveness
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-539413683
That's a display bug. It doesn't actually change the type at all, or effectiveness. That is a normal Silvally, that was put as Silvally-Bug in the teambuilder, and with the changed ability it just appears as Silvally-Bug despite being normal type. The same thing happens with Arceus.

Can you please ban Silvally? Not that its too strong or anything but its bugging around.
- You can change the Type without the fitting ability
- Ignores effectiveness
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-539413683
It's not actually changing type, just its forme; without both RKS System and a Memory, Silvally is always Normal Type by default. Additionally, the validator won't allow Silvally's alt-formes in Inheritance without the corresponding Memory, even if its ability is changed. Whether this should be allowed or not depends partly on how exactly these Pokemon are actually obtaining these unusual abilities and moves in the context of the base game; if we consider this BH with much stricter rules, then it's intended behavior. If not, then...

There are a lot more people that got reqs. Check here and confirm your alt if you haven't already. I'm gonna give more time for people to vote. If you know anyone that got reqs, feel free to inform that they can vote.

Hey, apparently I have recs:
upload_2017-3-3_7-38-59.png

Ban Both. Both are unhealthy, from the unwallable hoopa-u to the ridiculous offense killer Kartana, and I'll be glad to see them go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)