General Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone!

My name is Adam. I'm a college student and just started getting back into Pokemon for the first time in over 8 years! I can't put down Pokemon Y and having beaten the game I'm looking to try my hand at battling online thus how I stumbled upon this lovely site.

Thanks for the warm welcome and I'm glad to be here(:

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Hi everyone!

My name is Adam. I'm a college student and just started getting back into Pokemon for the first time in over 8 years! I can't put down Pokemon Y and having beaten the game I'm looking to try my hand at battling online thus how I stumbled upon this lovely site.

Thanks for the warm welcome and I'm glad to be here(:
Welcome to Smogon, Adamsv7! I am also addicted to Pokémon X and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. They're both really exciting games! Also, there are many places to battle online! You can participate in Tournaments, Battling 101, Wi-Fi, and more, all located on Smogon Forums! There are also rooms on Pokémon Showdown, some of which that you might enjoy are Tournaments, and Wi-Fi! You can also battle on this online battle simulator, and talk to people!

Hope you settle in, PM me with questions! :)

Hi, all :D! I'm Java- or Javappie on Showdown. I'm 28, female, like long walks through food aisles, and my top 3 favorite Pokemon are Tauros, Infernape, and Lucario. My top 3 favorite Pokemon to use in battles are Clefable, Furfrou, and Blaziken.

I don't think I've post here? Idk. I joined Smogon when I stumbled across it somehow. I have been a big Pokemon fan since 1998- starting with the anime and then got Red (and Blue a little later.) Sadly, my last Pokemon game was Crystal but I have played my friends' Heart Gold. I just haven't been all that interested in the newer games (but I will probably snag Moon and Sun.) I have collected TCG throughout the years, though, as well as merchandise.

So, I'm actually super new to the newer Pokemon- game wise. I know of them, lurk on Bulbapedia, etc. but, before this site, I had never used them in actual battles.

Anyway, nice to meet everyone! Have a good day!

Hi, all! Somehow move from PO to PS just a week ago due to the inactivity of PO anything goes tier. Literally no one is playing on PO and I am 200 points ahead of the second on the ladder, even though I only play 24 games in a month. I've been playing online pokemon battle games for over 5 years but I know almost nothing about the traditional tier, esp. I don't know anything about OU. I basically play No rule Hackmon (now only PO has it and this is my main strength), 1v1, Anything goes, and some Balanced Hackmons, currently holding all no.1 on PO ladder for these 4 tiers (I didn't check the decay for 1v1/BH though) with 0 defeat at all. However, I apparently am not qualified yet to peak in any of the tiers on PS due to a great lot more good players. The first week at PS was really impressive, with several battle with Zangooser, and Hunter's everywhere team, convincing me that the transition to PS is rewarding. There is also a lot more traffic in all the tiers I play and this will be a lot more fun.

My id on PS changes quite often and one of them, yujkll (random typed it on the keyboard lol) is on the top ten of AG, though my team still needs considerable amount of improvements to really do better in laddering.

Looking forward to joining this community and good luck/have fun to u all!

Last edited:

PenQuin

!dice 100
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Hi, all :D! I'm Java- or Javappie on Showdown. I'm 28, female, like long walks through food aisles, and my top 3 favorite Pokemon are Tauros, Infernape, and Lucario. My top 3 favorite Pokemon to use in battles are Clefable, Furfrou, and Blaziken.
Howdy java,You should head to Cafe Le Wow on PS :]
We talk about food all day. It'd be dope if you joined us their ;]

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey, been lurking here for quite some time (three-four years at this point, I believe), and kind of have been avoiding registering until now mainly because I figured the process to be more complicated (like, DVDVR complicated).

Been with the series since about the original Stadium (where I went back and did Blue & Yellow) and have only dropped off around Gen III (though I have since gone back and tried out Coliseum). I have particularly been gung-ho about it since Gen V (found Serebii and this site, own all Gen V games, first registered onto PS). Traditionally have been a Ditto guy, though I find these days that my preference oscillates between it and Lapras. My PS activity is highly sporadic--I prefer cartridge play mostly. With that said, I like Battle Spot and PU a lot--any of my metagame activity on here will mainly center on that, at least initially. My competitive play is fairly casual, so most of what I can improve upon are the sort of factors that can only come with time and experience (prediction skills, getting a feel for metagame trends, etc.).

I'm less a bookworm and more of a reading addict, so I mainly use this site and the forums as a lot of good reading to have on hand. I've actually printed out a number of threads and articles over time and have a heathly stack in one of my drawers at home. Kudos to everyone who has contributed to the literature over the years--you're all heroes and saints. Special shout-out to ginganinja and Legacy Raider, as the Generation V Guide to Gravity was the piece that hooked me onto the site for good--still the finest work published here, I feel.

Will be hanging out in the Battle Maison Discussion and Records for the time being (there is...work to be done there), though getting on here has given me the itch to possibly jump back onto PS for Triples stuff...

Nice to formally meet you all.

Last edited:
Hey everyone o/ I'm Cameron but I go by Inarius a lot online (My alpha Sapphire name is Lilith though since I made a female character: ergo LiliNarius)

My favorite pokemon........Hard to pick just one but I'd have to say my top 3 are Scizor, Salamence, and Gengar (Was very happy that all three got mega evolutions!)

I'm not on PS (I'm not actually even sure what PS is lol. I only recently got back into pokemon: I used to be a huge fan until I got to X/Y and got busy with real life)

I joined the forums to sign up for the Battling 101 tutoring since I'm really interested in learning how to play competitively and start learning the strategy behind the multiplayer part of the game.

Following from the last question; I'm basically a noob when it comes to playing against other people. I really have little to no experience with it and I found myself just slightly overwhelmed by the amount of info that comes up when I try to research competitive battling. I think once I get on the right path I'll do much better.

IRL I'm a 19 year old with about a year of college under my belt (although I'm currently working full time until I can pay for the rest of my school costs without loans. Hooray for attempted financial security!!.....) I'm from the east coast US (Maryland, specifically) and have actually been playing pokemon basically since I was old enough to play handheld games. I've owned at least one game from each generation, sometimes all of the games from one (Gen III was bae). Oh, and I suck at league, just like a lot of other people do. But I still enjoy playing. *EDIT: Oh almost forgot; I vape, and I'm really into dying my hair. 3edge5u. (No joke though, my hair currently has a big splash of emerald green in my bangs which will be orange here as soon as I can wash the green out :P*

Currently in love with Gen VI but Emerald still holds a special place in my heart. So I would have to say Emerald 1st, OR/AS 2nd, and the mystery dungeon games as a whole right behind those (Just because of how drastically different mystery dungeon was from the normal gen games: Was a nice change of pace and had the potential to be very very difficult at times).

Hopefully this community will be as awesome as it seems on the surface because I'd really love to be able to dive headfirst into pokemon once again!

I'm greylobster I got into competitive battling about two years ago, I fell out of the loop and am trying to get back at it. My favourite pokemon has got to be psyduck. My favourite games are pokemon trozei(the original one :P) and csgo

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Hey, been lurking here for quite some time (three-four years at this point, I believe), and kind of have been avoiding registering until now mainly because I figured the process to be more complicated (like, DVDVR complicated).

Been with the series since about the original Stadium (where I went back and did Blue & Yellow) and have only dropped off around Gen III (though I have since gone back and tried out Coliseum). I have particularly been gung-ho about it since Gen V (found Serebii and this site, own all Gen V games, first registered onto PS). Traditionally have been a Ditto guy, though I find these days that my preference oscillates between it and Lapras. My PS activity is highly sporadic--I prefer cartridge play mostly. With that said, I like Battle Spot and PU a lot--any of my metagame activity on here will mainly center on that, at least initially. My competitive play is fairly casual, so most of what I can improve upon are the sort of factors that can only come with time and experience (prediction skills, getting a feel for metagame trends, etc.).

I'm less a bookworm and more of a reading addict, so I mainly use this site and the forums as a lot of good reading to have on hand. I've actually printed out a number of threads and articles over time and have a heathly stack in one of my drawers at home. Kudos to everyone who has contributed to the literature over the years--you're all heroes and saints. Special shout-out to ginganinja and Legacy Raider, as the Generation V Guide to Gravity was the piece that hooked me onto the site for good--still the finest work published here, I feel.

Will be hanging out in the Battle Maison Discussion and Records for the time being (there is...work to be done there), though getting on here has given me the itch to possibly jump back onto PS for Triples stuff...

Nice to formally meet you all.
Hey everyone o/ I'm Cameron but I go by Inarius a lot online (My alpha Sapphire name is Lilith though since I made a female character: ergo LiliNarius)

My favorite pokemon........Hard to pick just one but I'd have to say my top 3 are Scizor, Salamence, and Gengar (Was very happy that all three got mega evolutions!)

I'm not on PS (I'm not actually even sure what PS is lol. I only recently got back into pokemon: I used to be a huge fan until I got to X/Y and got busy with real life)

I joined the forums to sign up for the Battling 101 tutoring since I'm really interested in learning how to play competitively and start learning the strategy behind the multiplayer part of the game.

Following from the last question; I'm basically a noob when it comes to playing against other people. I really have little to no experience with it and I found myself just slightly overwhelmed by the amount of info that comes up when I try to research competitive battling. I think once I get on the right path I'll do much better.

IRL I'm a 19 year old with about a year of college under my belt (although I'm currently working full time until I can pay for the rest of my school costs without loans. Hooray for attempted financial security!!.....) I'm from the east coast US (Maryland, specifically) and have actually been playing pokemon basically since I was old enough to play handheld games. I've owned at least one game from each generation, sometimes all of the games from one (Gen III was bae). Oh, and I suck at league, just like a lot of other people do. But I still enjoy playing. *EDIT: Oh almost forgot; I vape, and I'm really into dying my hair. 3edge5u. (No joke though, my hair currently has a big splash of emerald green in my bangs which will be orange here as soon as I can wash the green out :P*

Currently in love with Gen VI but Emerald still holds a special place in my heart. So I would have to say Emerald 1st, OR/AS 2nd, and the mystery dungeon games as a whole right behind those (Just because of how drastically different mystery dungeon was from the normal gen games: Was a nice change of pace and had the potential to be very very difficult at times).

Hopefully this community will be as awesome as it seems on the surface because I'd really love to be able to dive headfirst into pokemon once again!
I'm greylobster I got into competitive battling about two years ago, I fell out of the loop and am trying to get back at it. My favourite pokemon has got to be psyduck. My favourite games are pokemon trozei(the original one :P) and csgo
Hello there, friends! Welcome to Smogon! Since there are so many of you, I am going to post some quick recommendations, or places on the forums you all can check out! Here are some areas on the forums:

- Competitive Discussion: This is almost exactly what it sounds like! An area to discuss everything related to competitive Pokémon! It helped me learn a ton on the subject, so I suggest you guys check it out!
- Battling 101: Here you can apply for a tutor if you need help building teams or just help with anything related to competitive Pokémon. If you're good enough, you may be able to apply as a tutor some day!
- Rate My Team: In this area of the forums, you can get all of your teams rated, and receive helpful feedback from other members! Make sure you follow all of the guidelines before you post!
- Wi-Fi: Do you like trading, battling, and breeding? If so, then this is the place for you! Participate in tournaments, breed Pokémon, and battle other members!

Hope I helped explain some brief areas on the forums, if you have any questions please do PM me, and have a nice day! o3o

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)