Is Raquaza a viable counter to weather teams?

We all know Raquaza has the ability to nullify weather, but if it does, the second it switches out or faints, the current weather's effects resume. Does the fact Raquaza can nullify the weather merit it the ability to counter weather teams or does it only temporarily halt a weather team? And if Raquaza can't counter weather teams, what can?
-Marble101
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My OU RMT: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71080

rayquaza cannot counter weather, espeicelly rain since he is weak to ice and has poor defenses. To counter weather, get a lead that can beat kyogre or groudon and carry both on your team. KO their weather, switch in your opposite. Yay, you win!
this should be in Simple questions, simple answers

The best counter to weather is to have your own weather inducer. If you don't want rain or sun, put a Tyranitar or Abomasnow on your team.

Rayquaza simply has two many weaknesses. Although having him is not a bad idea as he can sweep a whole team by himself.

Rayquaza can definitely work in bind, but having both Groudon and Kyogre on your team is probably the best way to counter weather. Or perhaps use a weather team yourself.

Eh, against Rain Dance? You would need two DD best, yet they could still Ice Beam you. I don't think it could counter it especially if you are locked onto Outrage but Dragon Claw could work.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Eh, against Rain Dance? You would need two DD best, yet they could still Ice Beam you. I don't think it could counter it especially if you are locked onto Outrage but Dragon Claw could work.
Rayquaza outspeeds all Swift Swimmers except Floatzel (lol) and Luvdisc (Massive lol) since Air Lock prevents Swift Swim from working.

Well, Sun teams are really rare. The only one's you'll see are when Theorymon or someone is testing them on an alt, so don't worry about it.

Rain-abusing teams, and by "rain-abusing" I mean using things like Kingdra and Kabutops, are handled easily by using Groudon, but I wouldn't rely on Rayquaza to check them. The first reason why is that Ray is vulnerable to SR, and can't switch in too frequently. The second reason is that if Kabutops uses Stone Edge or Kingdra uses Draco Meteor, you're boned.

Rayquaza outspeeds all Swift Swimmers except Floatzel (lol) and Luvdisc (Massive lol) since Air Lock prevents Swift Swim from working.
Oh yes, I forgot about air lock. Luvdics outspeeding Ray is very funny. Either way, you have to worry about Ice Beam.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ray is not a "counter" as such to weather teams, but it can really help. Just bring it in after <weather abuser> has killed someone, and then KO them. Ray is faster than most weather abusers anyway(Kingdra never runs max speed on a rain team), and Outrage is just nasty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)