Jackattack

Jackii

pyukumukumukuyp
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Team skull girl and Salandit team is the best. Overall I like everything you do, your style and variety. It's great, it is that you put desire and effort.
'v')b thanks a lot! hehe, if you ask me why i chose salandit, i would say it looked the most sinister, but in hindsight, it's actually really cute

MY ART PROCESS:

step 1) lemme just throw in some of this

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ *desire and effort*. ~

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Finally, I've gotten a chance to look through your art thread! I really love it. Perhaps what really sets you apart from other artists here is the way you do hair and skin. I really feel some depth, as well as a suggestion of texture, when looking at your pieces. I also love your colour and lighting effects. I would love to know how your colouring process usually gos (cos mine is a mess)? I also love how your lines, like in this piece:
jackii said:
Lisia and Ali from ORAS! love her design
and I think this is the closest i've gotten to a fullbody xD
that being said, i still need to work on my anatomy, and start using references, especially when drawing hands ;v;
--
school is over!! time t- oh wait...what are these...exams?
time to get studying ;=3=
are a bit messy, but the final piece is still beautiful and complete looking.

Jackii

pyukumukumukuyp
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Finally, I've gotten a chance to look through your art thread! I really love it. Perhaps what really sets you apart from other artists here is the way you do hair and skin. I really feel some depth, as well as a suggestion of texture, when looking at your pieces. I also love your colour and lighting effects. I would love to know how your colouring process usually gos (cos mine is a mess)? I also love how your lines, like in this piece:

are a bit messy, but the final piece is still beautiful and complete looking.
Ahh! Thank you so much, Fell! I haven't been drawing as much recently but i've been trying to make tutorials on youtube. When it comes down to stuff like colouring, i do the base colours first and then i play around with layer settings on sai for the shading bits (i love me my luminosity owo) i'll see if i can whip up a quick tutorial today on rendering pieces if that'll help :'>

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Jackii said:
Ahh! Thank you so much, Fell! I haven't been drawing as much recently but i've been trying to make tutorials on youtube. When it comes down to stuff like colouring, i do the base colours first and then i play around with layer settings on sai for the shading bits (i love me my luminosity owo) i'll see if i can whip up a quick tutorial today on rendering pieces if that'll help :'>
Thank you! I'm so looking forward to it! n_n

That lucario still amazes me lol, the colors are incredible. Your artstyle is so good, in some pieces your lines had that sketchy feeling (but are nice lines, don't get me wrong) and then the colors give an awesome effect in the piece, for example in the rem picture. Some pieces remind me to yuumei's artstyle and im so jealous for that (in a good sense xD), guess that i'll try that style one day but firstly I need to get better with lineart :/

nice work!

Jackii

pyukumukumukuyp
is a Top Artist Alumnus
That lucario still amazes me lol, the colors are incredible. Your artstyle is so good, in some pieces your lines had that sketchy feeling (but are nice lines, don't get me wrong) and then the colors give an awesome effect in the piece, for example in the rem picture. Some pieces remind me to yuumei's artstyle and im so jealous for that (in a good sense xD), guess that i'll try that style one day but firstly I need to get better with lineart :/

nice work!
Thank you so much Ackerman !! Ahh i like to give kudos on all these beautiful brush creators that i was able to find =v= also the fringe layer setting in sai definitely helps! AAHH WOW YUUMEI IS AN ART GOD I CAN"T THANK >///< Ahh good luck with lineart! i think it'll add a whole new dimension to your lovely paintings

Jackii

pyukumukumukuyp
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Hello! Ahh everyone has already started school, i still have 2 more weeks left =v=
-
young ana painting for a dud

whitney redraw for pokeaim

Some smogon fb stuff:

-
something really exciting may be happening in the future...i'm not sure atm >v>

Last edited:

Jackii

pyukumukumukuyp
is a Top Artist Alumnus
ahoy!
-
i was on a mini hiatus because i was working on a commission :]
(i'll link it when it's done !! hype)
here's a random catgirl i worked on after the commish

idk why i make everything so saturated and sparkly, i'll try to stray away from it now
it's kinda wack to look at
-

Last edited:

Jackii

pyukumukumukuyp
is a Top Artist Alumnus
(Thank you so much for this art badge, i actually cried out when i saw it ;v;)
school starts tomorrow!
-
chomperella, playing around with the multiply layer

collab with Ssensenh
speedpaint link to my part of the collab >v>

(warning the canvases i use are ginormous)
contest entry that i could've rendered better ;==;

deroy

cattails

fox

???

Last edited:

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It’s awesome looking back at the first page of this thread and seeing how far your skills have developed since then. It’s clear you’ve become much more confident with drawing human bodies, and you’ve been a lot more explorative with painting, colors, and use of texture. For whatever reason, I really like the little flakes of color you sprinkle on some of your finished pieces; they fill up the canvas with interesting content without distracting from the main subject. Your Pokemon drawings are great too; I’m especially fond of your Scolipede and Gengar.

If you ever feel so inclined, I think it might be cool to see you take on some more varied angles and poses in your character paintings. You’re clearly pretty comfortable with your posing as is, but I think you might be able to give your work some more life and personality by experimenting with gesture.

Looking forward to more!

Jackii

pyukumukumukuyp
is a Top Artist Alumnus
It’s awesome looking back at the first page of this thread and seeing how far your skills have developed since then. It’s clear you’ve become much more confident with drawing human bodies, and you’ve been a lot more explorative with painting, colors, and use of texture. For whatever reason, I really like the little flakes of color you sprinkle on some of your finished pieces; they fill up the canvas with interesting content without distracting from the main subject. Your Pokemon drawings are great too; I’m especially fond of your Scolipede and Gengar.

If you ever feel so inclined, I think it might be cool to see you take on some more varied angles and poses in your character paintings. You’re clearly pretty comfortable with your posing as is, but I think you might be able to give your work some more life and personality by experimenting with gesture.

Looking forward to more!
Thank you so much mini! Ahh that's true, looking back on some of my old posts, it's really cool to see how used to digital art i've become. I just recently started using textures and it's been really fun so far! Yay ^-^ someone likes the little sparkles i put everywhere.

Definitely perspective/anatomy and trying to add more life to my pieces are next on my list. I find my artwork quite static, much to my dismay, and i just love looking at some cartoony artists and the amount of expression they put into their pieces

OH MY ANA

Have you ever drawn a Mercy by any chance :O!!!
i've only doodled mercy traditionally a couple of times but here's a quick sketch of mercy!
(ahh this anatomy is ew but it's like 12 am and i should sleep)

(also i threw in some attempted perspective..i should really look up on tutorials instead of just drawing boxes ;==;)

--
something really exciting has happened tonight and it's got me feeling really giddy <33
o///o

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Greetings Jackii,

Despite the fact that I already expressed my utmost respect for your artistic talent on your profile page recently, I decided to leave you a bit more elaborate feedback and additional encouraging words here in the comment section of your atelier. Again, I'm by no means an art connoisseur, hence unfortunately unable to provide you with potentially useful advice, but I can at least still tell you which elements I like the most about your unique style.

As a matter of fact I think that the way in which you draw human faces (specifically the eyes) allows you to to convey the emotions of the respective character to great extent.
Eyes are the mirrors of the soul as they say and in my honest opinion I think you adequately reflect this in your drawings.

I also genuinely enjoy the fact that you manage to keep the interplay of light and shadows in your works healthily balanced.
While I think that your drawings are notably bright and soft on one hand, the skillfully placed shadows reciprocate this interplay to great extent on the other hand as well, hence making the result look both authentic and realistic.

Finally I also like the fact that you add these little details to your drawings. I don't really know how to explain this, but the tiny white, black and red dots that you scatter here and there give your artworks a much more "lively touch", as opposed to, let's say, a clean drawing that looks almost too "flawless" and perfect. Your "Chomperella" drawing is a concrete prime example of my aforementioned point. By taking a closer look at the jacket she's wearing, I noticed these little details you added and, I don't know if this was intentional or not, but you made it look like the "rough skin" of an actual Garchomp. I love these little details.

Other than that, I want to wish you lots of luck, perseverance, but most importantly lots of fun with all of your upcoming future projects.
Your artworks reflect your passion and I'm convinced that this remarkable passion of yours, in combination with your talent, will give you many opportunities in your future life.
The creative adult is the inner child that survived after all, as they say.

Best of luck.

Jackii

pyukumukumukuyp
is a Top Artist Alumnus
(warning, super long update ;==;)
MAXIMUM COOLKID ahh i just want to say thank you so much for your feedback <33 everything you write is super nice and lovely to read ;===;

here's an update ;v; school has started so my dad takes away the tablet on most weekdays
-
random doodles (dimple reigen from mob psycho 100 + that aether qt)

little 40 min sketchpage + pixel art attempt

animation test (the judge from OFF)+ disappointments

-
i really want to join the mac this month :"00 fell's submission is super nice

Last edited:
man all the characters you do are so adorable and pleasant to look at, you've improved so much since the beginning of this art thread! I like how I can usually tell something was done by you when I check out the fb giveaway/potw/whatever posts without looking who the artist was, and much like miniarchitect I share the appreciation for the little sparkly/glittery effects you throw in here and there.

also yes please participate in the MAC ;_;

Jackii

pyukumukumukuyp
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Ahh all my friends in school are still 15 ;==; and i thought i'd be youngest for being an august baby
feelsbadman
-
ribbit
finished the tsuyu from the stream...just realized that all i draw are 3/4 profiles e==e

ribbit :'v

sketch

base colour

shade + merge layers and fix up

render out

-
edit: oh yea, this literally killed me
https://twitter.com/jackyljs/status/775864201730326528

Last edited:
Okay, so your stuff is amazing. I absolutely love your art style. The colors, shadows, and lighting are well-balanced, well-blended, and make everything look lively. Everything feels like it has depth to it. And the hair especially looks like it's got real texture to it, like you could run your hands through it and it'd be soft. I think you could work on making your lineart a little less sketchy though, and probably learn to make more varied facial expressions. But overall, great job! Your art is gorgeous and it inspires me to get better so I can be this good. ^^

Jackii

pyukumukumukuyp
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Ahh just updating this to say, thanks fell for watching the tut! pfft looking back on it, i could've prolly done a better job and expanded on a lot more things ;==;
-
arugans for the MAC

alpaca/ram/c-cat? painting

20m maw sketch

-
>v>

Last edited:

Jackii

pyukumukumukuyp
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Slowly settling into school :"0
oh, this was the commission i was talking about a couple posts back =v=
joey is such a coolkid :] and honestly he spent so much time on this video, it looks so damn clean
-
ahh quick birthday sketch for TheAnimeMan (different joey >v>)

AT with a friend, their frogirl oc. tried a simpler style and shading

little witch mimikyu sketch owo

-
AHH i've forgotten about that umbreon for a while ;o; i'll get to it !

Last edited:

Jackii

pyukumukumukuyp
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Happy Thanksgiving (for us in canadia)
i only get the tablet now on weekends or when i've finished my homework ;==;
-
headshot commish for someone on twitter!

sylveon for a redesign collab

messy sketch!

-
there were various inktobers and doodles but they're just twitter stuff

also ty oddish for the criticism! I tried to do cleaner lineart for the sylveon piece and it makes colouring 20x more easier! But i just find it harder to paint with; as i usually merge all my layers into one whilst painting portraits =v= but i've been trying to clean them up

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)