Project King of the (Little) Hill

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
approved by resurrected mod QuoteCS

LC King of the Hill

In actual life, I play lacrosse. One common drill I do as a faceoff guy is “King of the Hill” - two people face off, and the winner stays to go again vs. someone else. This project is the LC version of that - King of the Little Hill.

It works like this: In this thread, two users are voted on to be the first battlers for the top of the hill. They will compete in a Bo5 in ADV, DPP, BW2, Tangma, and ORAS LC; winner of three established as the King. From there on, two things happen: the King selects a format, preferably best of three with different lc metas, and then the community votes on a new challenger to try and dethrone the current King. This can lead to exciting, hopefully high-quality battles in interesting and fun metas that the king (and challenger) are likely good at. So, say, if The Avalanches wants to force all comers into a match of STABmons as well as regular tiers, he is welcome to - and knowing this, the community can nominate someone who also excels at STABmons.

A list of former challengers and Kings will be kept updated in the thread. Activity will be given on a case-by-case basis; it’s perfectly fine if a King can't play for a few days, but long absences will result in a cycling out as King. I’ll be fair about this - no one wants a King downed without a fight, but people also want to see battles to keep the game moving.

You can start nominating below! Good luck! Nominations will work as follows: each person can nominate up to 3 users other than themselves, with each nom counting as a vote. The two users with the most votes will start.

Current King: OP

Battle 1: Madoka v Rowan

Battle 3: Omastar42 v Heysup

Battle 5 Dcae v TUO

Battle 7: Heysup v Corporal Levi

Last edited by a moderator:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
Nudi would be a good player for this. As would macle so we can hopefully make him play gen 5 again

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
Rowan said:
i'm not being king if i have to play adv
youd only have to play it for the qualifying round. If you are king you can select any three lc metas you want, id hope all different ones but the same ones are ok

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)